ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-19-2010, 08:01 PM   #5926
Armacham
I Voted for Kodos!

Oddometer: 660
is it an HP they have the best printer drivers ever
Old 03-19-2010, 08:13 PM   #5927
grizzzly
The Pre-Banned Version

Oddometer: 3,170
I just picked up a new to me 04 wr450 and want to hit redington or something around tubac, single track or something like that, I wont be able to get out till about 10 or 11

grizzzly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 08:52 PM   #5928
midengineracer
Lost, with a GPS

Oddometer: 1,285
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armacham
is it an HP they have the best printer drivers ever
Nope, Lexmark. After 4 hours I was able to begin installing the new driver.

Now it appears that Windows 7 doesn't recognize the printer on the USB ports so the install is stalled waiting for the printer to register on the port.

Happens on both of my laptops (only took a little over an hour to delete the old stuff on mine since I had fought with the wife's already).

Windows 7 fail (hold-over from Vista fail from what I understand).
2010 H-D XR1200

Quote:
Originally Posted by 685
The best accessory for a KLR is another bike for riding offroad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ-Twin
I need to start riding my bicycle more so I can justify a cool new one.
midengineracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 08:55 PM   #5929
Armacham
I Voted for Kodos!

Oddometer: 660
Quote:
Originally Posted by midengineracer
Nope, Lexmark.
oh god even worse

lexmark was the worst printer I ever owned

I roll with a Brother Laser printer now. I will never go back to ink jet.
Old 03-19-2010, 09:08 PM   #5930
midengineracer
Lost, with a GPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mntdawg
....March snowstorm forced me to 2smoke This today. Due to the same force, I'll be riding in SE Arizona tomarrow. Can the Lil XR go outside to play? From St. David, all ranch roads to Jackson Cabin and back,maybe five miles of assphault. A longer not so rough ride to a very scenic region during the best time of the year to do it. Others can meet along the way via I 10 or Reddington road, as the fun(rough) stuff will be right out of St. David
Ooh, new news. Wife doesn't want to spend $40 in gas (truck) and will get a back ache without a backrest on the motorcycle. She told me to go ride and let her do school work.

So, when and where do I need to meet up with you? I presume I should truck to St David so I get to do the fun stuff?
2010 H-D XR1200

Quote:
Originally Posted by 685
Quote:

midengineracer screwed with this post 03-19-2010 at 09:14 PM
Old 03-19-2010, 09:11 PM   #5931
midengineracer
Lost, with a GPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armacham
oh god even worse

lexmark was the worst printer I ever owned

I roll with a Brother Laser printer now. I will never go back to ink jet.
Our Lexmark has been fantastic over the last 5~6 years and would still be great if my desktop didn't crash.

I wanted a Brother (despite several horrible reviews) but I need something in multi-voltage and they only do 100~120V 50/60HZ.

I don't like the new Lexmarks and hate the current crop of anything else I have looked at.
2010 H-D XR1200

Quote:
Originally Posted by 685
Quote:
Old 03-20-2010, 06:45 AM   #5932
mntdawg
NOT FRAGILE OR GREEN

Oddometer: 868
Quote:
Ooh, new news. Wife doesn't want to spend $40 in gas (truck) and will get a back ache without a backrest on the motorcycle. She told me to go ride and let her do school work.

So, when and where do I need to meet up with you? I presume I should truck to St David so I get to do the fun stuff?
Check your pms, the other rider should be here by 0915.
Old 03-20-2010, 08:09 AM   #5933
Scarred Adventurer

Oddometer: 998
Quote:
Our Lexmark has been fantastic over the last 5~6 years and would still be great if my desktop didn't crash.

I wanted a Brother (despite several horrible reviews) but I need something in multi-voltage and they only do 100~120V 50/60HZ.

I don't like the new Lexmarks and hate the current crop of anything else I have looked at.
When my laptop died in February, the printer also gave up the ghost (I was wondering about power surge?)

Anyway, when I bought the new Compaq, Office Max had a bundling deal that gave $60 off any wireless HP printer. I got one of those 'does everything except wash the dishes' all in one HPs (Officejet J4680) for a little bit more than what the printing cartridges cost. Its software installed easily (Win 7) works moderately fast, and the color photo prints just rock! As cheap as printers are, I guess I'd just get one with the proper (foreign) voltage and hertzes locally and toss it or give it away when I left.

I tried to install the software for the same printer on a friend's Vista machine and got the fail message and then it did the 'trayapp' neverending installation game--the computer got so screwed up I ended up doing a clean install of the o/s.

Motorcycle stuff, I finally got my DR650 fork apart, the bottom bolt on the fork was kinda jammed. Air impact wouldn't do it, but an old fashioned hit with hammer impact driver did the trick--quickly and easily. A tool that 20 years after I bought it never ceases to amaze me for what it can do.

My brother sent me this: http://spotlight-festival.de/film/s-1000-rr-tabletrick

Something the Bimmer-istas might consider doing to impress your friends and confound your rivals.

Old 03-20-2010, 08:15 AM   #5934
KIC
Proud Army Dad

Oddometer: 1,080
Quote:
Originally Posted by mntdawg
Check your pms, the other rider should be here by 0915.
Thomas is having PMS issues ? Quick call the Enquirer !
1985 Yamaha YZ 250 - Sold
KIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 08:18 AM   #5935
KIC
Proud Army Dad

Oddometer: 1,080
Quote:
Originally Posted by 685
When my laptop died in February, the printer also gave up the ghost (I was wondering about power surge?)

Anyway, when I bought the new Compaq, Office Max had a bundling deal that gave $60 off any wireless HP printer. I got one of those 'does everything except wash the dishes' all in one HPs (Officejet J4680) for a little bit more than what the printing cartridges cost. Its software installed easily (Win 7) works moderately fast, and the color photo prints just rock! As cheap as printers are, I guess I'd just get one with the proper (foreign) voltage and hertzes locally and toss it or give it away when I left.

I tried to install the software for the same printer on a friend's Vista machine and got the fail message and then it did the 'trayapp' neverending installation game--the computer got so screwed up I ended up doing a clean install of the o/s.

Motorcycle stuff, I finally got my DR650 fork apart, the bottom bolt on the fork was kinda jammed. Air impact wouldn't do it, but an old fashioned hit with hammer impact driver did the trick--quickly and easily. A tool that 20 years after I bought it never ceases to amaze me for what it can do.

My brother sent me this: http://spotlight-festival.de/film/s-1000-rr-tabletrick

Something the Bimmer-istas might consider doing to impress your friends and confound your rivals.

Glad you got your forks apart. I had the impact ready for you. What happened after Garter ? You took one left too many at the light. Thought you were following us home. Well Ron's going to bring his KLR over for a new rear tire. I'll let you know when and if you want to come by you can supervise.

I had a computer geek type over last Saturday working on my home network and printer stuff. The first thing he said was Vista SUCKS when it comes to driver compatibility, especially printers. He recommended that I quit using the printer on the network and print from my own printer.

Also learned a whole lot about NOT having files on the desktop, just shortcuts. Files will really cause a problem. with memory etc.

Well that's all I have to post on the Adventure Rider and Computer forum for now....
1985 Yamaha YZ 250 - Sold

KIC screwed with this post 03-20-2010 at 08:25 AM
KIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 04:38 PM   #5936
HoosierTrailmaster
Just an Old Grizzly

Oddometer: 2,382
Found a new definition of "Manhood Mountain" for you Thomas. Phast Phil took me out over on the backside of Mt/ Lemmon with some of his buds. They were all sporting Rekluse clutches and now I know why. Some gnarly ass steep, loose, mountain goat climbs.

HoosierTrailmaster screwed with this post 12-14-2010 at 10:40 AM
HoosierTrailmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 04:41 PM   #5937
HoosierTrailmaster
Just an Old Grizzly

This was the end of at least a mile straight up.

Old 03-20-2010, 04:44 PM   #5938
HoosierTrailmaster
Just an Old Grizzly

Thanks Phast Phil.

Old 03-20-2010, 06:33 PM   #5939
Scarred Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIC
Glad you got your forks apart. I had the impact ready for you. What happened after Garter ? You took one left too many at the light. Thought you were following us home. Well Ron's going to bring his KLR over for a new rear tire. I'll let you know when and if you want to come by you can supervise.
Last time we rode east, we took Speedway. You went left, I went east. I was kinda surprised when you weren't in my rear view mirror.

Shoot me your address via PM, I'll come over an drink beer and make irrelevant suggestions (that's what supervisors do, right?)

DR is doing better every day. Starts nice, on leaner jets (hoping it someday does better than 19 mpg.) and the forks have equal amounts of oil and nice clean seals (no I didn't spring for new seals.) Next project is to figure out why the rear brake is so weak. & rebuild my spare set of forks with new bushings and seals.

Honey doos tomorrow, hope I can get out for a little toot in the afternoon.
Old 03-20-2010, 06:36 PM   #5940
Scarred Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierTrailmaster
This was the end of at least a mile straight up.
I know, I know, and you got there and the gate was locked!!!

Looks like DR350 country! Did they airlift the guy off the mountain?