ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-21-2010, 02:37 PM   #7306
KIC
Proud Army Dad
 
KIC's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Tucson, we keep our ice in the freezer, Arizona
Oddometer: 1,080
Well..I now invoke my parental right to interrupt our normally scheduled discussions on Thomas' gear ratio, helmet purchases and KTM jokes in order for me to close a chapter of my life.

Last Sunday my Warrior Princess returned from her 1 year deployment in Afghanistan.










What a little pack mule she has turned out to be. And this is
without her 22lb M249. In her right hand is her 30lb ballistic
protective vest. She is carrying approximately 100% of her
body weight.



Today she was awarded her Purple Heart
in a ceremony.

OK...we now return you to our regularly scheduled harassment, insults and dribble....
__________________
2006 KLR - RED- The Fast one ! - Sold and missed daily
1989 Yamaha Venture XVZ13DW
1987 Yamaha Venture XVZ13DW
1985 Yamaha YZ 250 - Sold
KIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 02:54 PM   #7307
Becktastic
Bonzai Becky
 
Becktastic's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Somewhere between CA and Ushuaia!
Oddometer: 1,105
Quote:
Originally Posted by KIC
Last Sunday my Warrior Princess returned from her 1 year deployment in Afghanistan.



Today she was awarded her Purple Heart
in a ceremony.
KICKASS!
Becktastic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 03:13 PM   #7308
usafric
Rio Rancho NM
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Rio Rancho, NM
Oddometer: 410
Tell her from me (23 years USAF) I am proud of her. My 6 months in Afghanistan last year was bad enough, but 1 Year, is almost too much.
usafric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 03:47 PM   #7309
pringlecan
Burly Adventurer
 
pringlecan's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Tucson
Oddometer: 828
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzt
Hey Skip, you need to buy me this bike, so that way whenever I've built up a little cash, I can buy it off of you to teach my girlfriend how to ride. It's vintage and everything!

http://tucson.craigslist.org/mcy/1752580638.html
1999 vintage
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by IgoFar
The perfect bike is like the perfect woman. It doesn't exist but everybody thinks they have one... for the first six months
pringlecan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 04:05 PM   #7310
Drizzt
Ranger
 
Drizzt's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: Tucson AZ
Oddometer: 1,032
Quote:
Originally Posted by pringlecan
1999 vintage
Okay, in my defense, it hasn't had an update since the first model, in 1972. So, it looks vintage. Drum brakes both ends!
__________________
2000 Suzuki DR-Z400S

And what is good, Phaedrus, and what is not good- Need we ask anyone to tell us these things? Pirsig
Drizzt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 06:36 PM   #7311
KIC
Proud Army Dad
 
KIC's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Tucson, we keep our ice in the freezer, Arizona
Oddometer: 1,080
Quote:
Originally Posted by usafric
Tell her from me (23 years USAF) I am proud of her. My 6 months in Afghanistan last year was bad enough, but 1 Year, is almost too much.
Thanks... and thanks for your service for our GREAT COUNTRY !
__________________
2006 KLR - RED- The Fast one ! - Sold and missed daily
1989 Yamaha Venture XVZ13DW
1987 Yamaha Venture XVZ13DW
1985 Yamaha YZ 250 - Sold
KIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 08:06 PM   #7312
pringlecan
Burly Adventurer
 
pringlecan's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Tucson
Oddometer: 828
Bill, good to hear your daughter is back in one piece after being there so long and enduring what it takes to earn a purple heart. hopefully she gets to stick around state side for a while before rotating. i'm sure you and your wife can breathe a sigh of relief seeing her in person finally.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by IgoFar
The perfect bike is like the perfect woman. It doesn't exist but everybody thinks they have one... for the first six months
pringlecan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 08:40 PM   #7313
HoosierTrailmaster
Just an Old Grizzly
 
HoosierTrailmaster's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Under the Tucson Sun
Oddometer: 2,382
Pringle, you riding on Sunday?
__________________
'06 Beta RR 525 "Red KTM"
'02 GasGas EC 300..."The Smoke"
'10 KTM 990 ADV R "Brutus Beefcakes"
HoosierTrailmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 09:18 PM   #7314
Low Down
ADV Misfit
 
Low Down's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: Tucson, AZ
Oddometer: 812
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIC

Last Sunday my Warrior Princess returned from her 1 year deployment in Afghanistan.
That's great news Bill!

Low Down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 12:08 AM   #7315
yzfcathy
Weeble
 
yzfcathy's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: TUS LAS
Oddometer: 1,184
yo dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzt
Hey Skip, you need to buy me this bike, so that way whenever I've built up a little cash, I can buy it off of you to teach my girlfriend how to ride. It's vintage and everything!

http://tucson.craigslist.org/mcy/1752580638.html
Yo Drrrzzzztttttzzzz, you coming over to make room in the garage?
Just so I'm clear...you want Bank of Skip to buy and store a bike for not you but your gurlfriend? I bet if your girlfriend wants to learn to ride she'll buy a bike like I did when I was 17. But I wanted it bad, I wanted to be the next moto star

(too bad I bombed at that part)

Just kidding Drizzt
__________________
F800, R6, 525EXC, 200EXC JackPiner
TUCSON BOARD
TUS AREA RIDES
Cathy's Dumb Solo Ride
The John Penton Story, Movie project

yzfcathy screwed with this post 05-22-2010 at 06:55 AM
yzfcathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 12:16 AM   #7316
yzfcathy
Weeble
 
yzfcathy's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: TUS LAS
Oddometer: 1,184
Quote:
Originally Posted by KfC
Well..I now invoke my parental right to interrupt our normally scheduled discussions on Thomas' gear ratio, helmet purchases and KTM jokes in order for me to close a chapter of my life.

Last Sunday my Warrior Princess returned from her 1 year deployment in Afghanistan.

What a little pack mule she has turned out to be. And this is
without her 22lb M249. In her right hand is her 30lb ballistic
protective vest. She is carrying approximately 100% of her
body weight.



Today she was awarded her Purple Heart
in a ceremony.

OK...we now return you to our regularly scheduled harassment, insults and dribble....
You should be proud Bill, and many of us out here on the fringes are proud (and grateful) to her as well.
__________________
F800, R6, 525EXC, 200EXC JackPiner
TUCSON BOARD
TUS AREA RIDES
Cathy's Dumb Solo Ride
The John Penton Story, Movie project
yzfcathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 12:48 AM   #7317
lstzephyr
Solo con rambo
 
lstzephyr's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: Huntsville, Al
Oddometer: 1,777
Glad she is back safe and sound and tell her thanks for her service as well!

My brother in law just got back a couple days ago too! They might have even been on the same plane.
lstzephyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 12:49 PM   #7318
Drizzt
Ranger
 
Drizzt's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: Tucson AZ
Oddometer: 1,032
Quote:
Originally Posted by yzfcathy
Yo Drrrzzzztttttzzzz, you coming over to make room in the garage?
Just so I'm clear...you want Bank of Skip to buy and store a bike for not you but your gurlfriend? I bet if your girlfriend wants to learn to ride she'll buy a bike like I did when I was 17. But I wanted it bad, I wanted to be the next moto star

(too bad I bombed at that part)

Just kidding Drizzt
That's the basic idea

And hey, if you want me to take a couple motorcycles off your hands, I'll be more then glad to provide that service for you

Yeah, she really wants to ride, but funding is the major issue. If I'm (and/or her) is successful getting a job this summer, we're hoping to find a good deal on some sub 400 dirt bike to get her to learn on. Dirt bikes seem to be dropping like flies out there these days for really cheap! Then once she's learned how to ride on the non-valuable bike, we can get her something a little more nice, and the little bike can be backup. That's my very ambitious plan anyway

I think that if you wanted to be a moto star, you wouldn't have a problem convincing anybody that you know how to ride fast either

Congrats kfc!!
__________________
2000 Suzuki DR-Z400S

And what is good, Phaedrus, and what is not good- Need we ask anyone to tell us these things? Pirsig
Drizzt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 01:24 PM   #7319
pringlecan
Burly Adventurer
 
pringlecan's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Tucson
Oddometer: 828
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierTrailmaster
Pringle, you riding on Sunday?
I hate to admit it, but I'm still recovering. Been using that excuse to get some cleaning done at the house.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by IgoFar
The perfect bike is like the perfect woman. It doesn't exist but everybody thinks they have one... for the first six months
pringlecan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 01:28 PM   #7320
HoosierTrailmaster
Just an Old Grizzly
 
HoosierTrailmaster's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Under the Tucson Sun
Oddometer: 2,382
I completely understand...this might be the second weekend in a row I don't ride. I must admit the heat really doesn't inspire me to ride. Maybe some people would be interested in going up to Payson area next weekend to ride? Or Crown King.
__________________
'06 Beta RR 525 "Red KTM"
'02 GasGas EC 300..."The Smoke"
'10 KTM 990 ADV R "Brutus Beefcakes"
HoosierTrailmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 11:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014