ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-10-2010, 05:24 PM   #7561
usafric
Rio Rancho NM

Oddometer: 410
Just got a call from Craig (you met him at the RG) he wants to go to chimney rock Sunday morning with my trials bike.
That's where I will be.
Saturday is free at the moment.
usafric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 07:04 PM   #7562
yzfcathy
Weeble

Oddometer: 1,184
Strike a pose

I will be in Florida, either flying or walking the line with a picket sign that says "GO KTM".
Cathy's Dumb Solo Ride
The John Penton Story, Movie project
yzfcathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 04:24 PM   #7563
HoosierTrailmaster
Just an Old Grizzly

Oddometer: 2,385
Saturday ride

A couple of us are riding in the morning. We are meeting at the Marsh Station staging area off I-10 East. If you need instructions PM me. This is a medium difficult ride. There is some high speed gasline with jumps, we go by a cool old mine and into a wetlands area and loop back to the cars. About a 2 1/2 hour ride. There are some gnarly little rock climbs which are not for the faint of heart and a nice little water crossing. We are meeting at the staging area at 7:30AM.

HoosierTrailmaster screwed with this post 06-11-2010 at 04:56 PM
HoosierTrailmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 05:14 PM   #7564
chuggins143
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 129
Anyone on here have the tools to do the Doo on a KLR?
THX
C
09 KLR 650, blue... Done the Doo!, Thermo-bobed!, LED driving lights, aux fuse box, HID high beam, gel battery, custom racks, tool tube, de-Californicated it, moved main fuses to side cover, relocated plate, PVC mod, Hurricane mod, bypassed the side stand switch...

RIP - 95 Honda VFR750 (the most vulgar shade of yellow I could find in the book!)
chuggins143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 05:19 PM   #7565
Armacham
I Voted for Kodos!

Oddometer: 660
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuggins143
THX
C
everything but the rotor puller, I think, which i'm guessing is the thing that you need...
here's a good video if you're going to DIY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26oSOrvv_e8
Old 06-11-2010, 05:30 PM   #7566
chuggins143
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armacham
everything but the rotor puller, I think, which i'm guessing is the thing that you need...
here's a good video if you're going to DIY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26oSOrvv_e8
I have tools... but apparently there's the special offset wrench and then the puller, which is nothing more than a bolt that's threaded long enough to push the rotor off or some such. I can make an offset wrench, but I still need to know the size of bolt to get. Just thought someone here in Tucson might have the actual tools. Thanks for the video! That'll be a nice reference.
Thanks!
Chad
09 KLR 650, blue... Done the Doo!, Thermo-bobed!, LED driving lights, aux fuse box, HID high beam, gel battery, custom racks, tool tube, de-Californicated it, moved main fuses to side cover, relocated plate, PVC mod, Hurricane mod, bypassed the side stand switch...

RIP - 95 Honda VFR750 (the most vulgar shade of yellow I could find in the book!)
Old 06-11-2010, 05:32 PM   #7567
Flashman1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,356
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierTrailmaster
A couple of us are riding in the morning. We are meeting at the Marsh Station staging area off I-10 East. If you need instructions PM me. This is a medium difficult ride. There is some high speed gasline with jumps, we go by a cool old mine and into a wetlands area and loop back to the cars. About a 2 1/2 hour ride. There are some gnarly little rock climbs which are not for the faint of heart and a nice little water crossing. We are meeting at the staging area at 7:30AM.
How do you compare this ride to chimney rock with the hill climb. Always wanted to ride into this area but this weekend is not going to happen - family man.

I wish you had a GPS.
Flashman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 05:50 PM   #7568
HoosierTrailmaster
Just an Old Grizzly

Oddometer: 2,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashman1
How do you compare this ride to chimney rock with the hill climb. Always wanted to ride into this area but this weekend is not going to happen - family man.

I wish you had a GPS.

Completely different type ride. The climbs are short, steeper with rock stair steps. I do have a GPS, 60CSx. My buddy is going to send me the track as we did this 2 months ago. I think this is a neat ride as the area in the wetlands actually reminds me of the Midwest, it is muddy and there are trees.
HoosierTrailmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 08:31 PM   #7569
Low Down
ADV Misfit

Oddometer: 813
Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by russbryant
Get out and ride.

Big Bike ride anyone?

Russ
HELL YEAH!!

I gots a 'big' bike, and I'm going to ride!

(after I'm done playin Mr. Mom, so Sunday most likely)

Low Down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 11:33 PM   #7570
Armacham
I Voted for Kodos!

Oddometer: 660
Quote:
I have tools... but apparently there's the special offset wrench and then the puller, which is nothing more than a bolt that's threaded long enough to push the rotor off or some such. I can make an offset wrench, but I still need to know the size of bolt to get. Just thought someone here in Tucson might have the actual tools. Thanks for the video! That'll be a nice reference.
Thanks!
Chad
oh yeah I forgot about that dumb wrench/... yeah mine was done by the previous owner so i never needed any of that stuff
Old 06-12-2010, 09:42 AM   #7571
KIC
Proud Army Dad

Oddometer: 1,080
I have the bolt I used on my 2006 DooHicky.
1985 Yamaha YZ 250 - Sold
KIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 10:59 AM   #7572
Scarred Adventurer

Oddometer: 998
Quote:
THX
C
I had 'em, but recycled them as soon as the doo was done. If you check over on the drink the koolaide forum (www.klr650.net) there's a traveling set of puller & offset wrench. Or you can just call Mike at Eagle Mfg. He's pretty quick about shipping & it's just over the hill in San Diego.

His is the only puller I'd use, btw. The other ones have a reputation for stripping out, can doo bad things to the rotor/flywheel. While you have it apart, check for the deep hole defect on the idler gear shaft (in the generator cover. ) And be sure to count your idler gear washers as you put it back together, there are 4 of them.

Now back to our previously scheduled nap--I've been doing motor home brakes and I think I am suffering from a little sunstroke.
Old 06-12-2010, 03:33 PM   #7573
chuggins143
Gnarly Adventurer

Yep, I'm on there too... there's about 6-8 people in line for the traveling Doo tools... so I'll just make some. Thanks!

Chad

Old 06-12-2010, 04:04 PM   #7574
KIC
Proud Army Dad

Oddometer: 1,080
Quote:
Yep, I'm on there too... there's about 6-8 people in line for the traveling Doo tools... so I'll just make some. Thanks!

Chad
\

One of the guys in Phx has a set. He has brought them down for tech days. If you search for the last two tech days his name should come up..I can't remember it off hand. If you need the bolt, let me know.
1985 Yamaha YZ 250 - Sold
KIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 04:13 PM   #7575
RoundTrip
Unintentional deerslayer

Oddometer: 1,324
Any hammock users in the Tucson area?

I am VERY interested in buying a hammock for my camping trips. I've looked at Hennesey, Warbonnet, Speer, etc. I've studied the forums on Hammockforums.net.

What I would really like to do is to see a hammock or two before I make a blind purchase.

Anyone in the Tucson area mind showing me their setup?

-jeff

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
- Thomas Jefferson
RoundTrip is offline   Reply With Quote