ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2012, 10:10 AM   #12496
StmbtDave
AKA Invisible Dave

Oddometer: 2,968
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastphil38 View Post
Hey Motos, This Saturday we will be riding the loop should be about 4 hours max.
I should be there Phil but don't wait past the 9:30 depart time if I don't make it. It depends on whether my wife needs the truck or not.

Dave
Old 01-27-2012, 11:43 AM   #12497
Fastphil38
AZ Offroad

Oddometer: 461
Quote:
Originally Posted by StmbtDave View Post
I should be there Phil but don't wait past the 9:30 depart time if I don't make it. It depends on whether my wife needs the truck or not.

Dave
OK, Dave I hope you can make it, just let her ride one of your Motos! If your running a little late just call me @ 850-8417. Ride On! Phil
Old 01-27-2012, 06:33 PM   #12498
rpage11
Skip

Oddometer: 487
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastphil38 View Post
Hey Motos, This Saturday we will be riding the loop should be about 4 hours max. Meet @ the corner of Tangerine rd and Dove Mt rd. I will park the truck just east of the gas station on the corner. The ride will be a quick paced loop out to Rail X and back. Meet @ 9:00 to gear up and roll the motos @ 9:30. Ride On! Phil 850-8417
See you at 9. Skip
rpage11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 02:44 AM   #12499
DesertDuster
Old Pueblo Rider

Oddometer: 191
Bullsprings road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashman1 View Post
Has anyone tried to ride around north of Pantagonia lake to hook up with Bullsprings road - my maps show a 4x4 road - I like to explore new routes but hate locked gates and such.
Dusty Mocos and I rode this route a while back. Here is a link by Dusty Mocos that inculdes a map and other photos. The Bullsprings route is a nice intermediate run along the southeast side of the Santa Ritas. I would like to do it again.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...postcount=1528
Old 01-28-2012, 10:29 AM   #12500
cjm1219
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 107
Hey Phil! Thanks for the call and thinking of me to go riding but I am offically in Texas now. I did get some riding in last weekend with some good folks from twtex.com. They showed me a nice area about an hour from the house. It was fun, but I am pretty sure I am going to miss riding in AZ. You can't just go ride for miles and miles out here. Everything is private property.

Old 01-29-2012, 08:05 AM   #12501
StmbtDave
AKA Invisible Dave

Oddometer: 2,968
Great ride yesterday. Thanks for putting it together Phil. My only questions are - Why is there so much sand down here and why are there so many red bikes?

Dave
Old 01-29-2012, 09:13 AM   #12502
Fastphil38
AZ Offroad

Quote:
Originally Posted by StmbtDave View Post
Great ride yesterday. Thanks for putting it together Phil. My only questions are - Why is there so much sand down here and why are there so many red bikes?

Dave
Yes that was a fun ride. 9 riders and quite a mix of Motos including an elsinore. Marty from Norcal on the Husky liked our riding options, Dave is now to be known as the Sandman, and Allyns latest Moto of the month is awesome 650R Honda sit and twist.A great day to ride. Ride On! Phil

Fastphil38 screwed with this post 01-29-2012 at 09:18 AM
Fastphil38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 11:20 AM   #12503
HoosierTrailmaster
Just an Old Grizzly

Oddometer: 2,511
NO action shots this weekend. Nothing very technical but I was impressed how everyone moved along. At the very end there was a little gas line race Big Daddy Baja 650 vs. New Little Brother CRF 450X we were doing 72 mph over somes whoops and dips.

Had a really nice time and thanks for those who waited for me to run into Catalina and fill-er-up.

Big Daddy Baja 650R...I REALLY like this new rig.

Phil's CRF 450X...immaculate as always.

Here is the true HOOSIERTRAILMASTER", 40 years of riding vs. 4 and yes you can tell the difference.

"I only ride when my outfit matches my bike"

Girl Scout cookies...where is the milk? I put my foot down when he pulled out the sign-up list and asked me how many boxes was I committing to.

The "New" Honda Elsinore

Power line gathering

Phil and his patented "Thumbs Up".

Cliff looking for his Bar (Cliff Bar) and Steamboat Dave saying a prayer before he goes into the sandy abyss.

Marty giving us his version of the "Thumbs Up"...hey Marty, nobody can see it.

Now Marty is getting rid of his toxic snot. Where is the EPA when you need them?

Skip...wishing his wife was with him.

Had a really great time with you guys. As always, glad no one got hurt and everyone had fun.

HoosierTrailmaster screwed with this post 01-29-2012 at 11:29 AM
HoosierTrailmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 04:37 PM   #12504
Fastphil38
AZ Offroad

Nice!

Hey Allyn, nice job on the photos, you should get a go-pro camera and become the NS of southern AZ. Just saying, Ride On! Phil
Old 01-29-2012, 09:04 PM   #12505
Drizzt
Ranger

Oddometer: 1,034
Off topic..

Does manhood mountain count if you conquer it with 4 wheels?

I got my new rig, and tested it out today. We did manhood mountain, gunsight pass, creek trail, Sonoita, and some trail near sawmill trail (go up gardner canyon road, turn right and dip into creek, then out of creek, then follow trail to T intersection, go straight through that (sign says towords sawmill), then at another Y go left. This trail is one of the nastiest I've seen in Sonoita, it has multiple nasty rocky hill climbs, into and out of valleys, and ends up dead ending into a hiking trail).

A great day in the outdoors, even if in a cage For those interested in such things, rest of pics here:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1000263...TheSantaRitaS#

And what is good, Phaedrus, and what is not good- Need we ask anyone to tell us these things? Pirsig
Drizzt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 10:28 PM   #12506
Fastphil38
AZ Offroad

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjm1219 View Post
Hey Phil! Thanks for the call and thinking of me to go riding but I am offically in Texas now. I did get some riding in last weekend with some good folks from twtex.com. They showed me a nice area about an hour from the house. It was fun, but I am pretty sure I am going to miss riding in AZ. You can't just go ride for miles and miles out here. Everything is private property.

Good Luck Kid, Whats that orange stuff in the second photo, texas tea. Ride On! Phil
Old 01-29-2012, 10:31 PM   #12507
Fastphil38
AZ Offroad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzt View Post
Does manhood mountain count if you conquer it with 4 wheels?

I got my new rig, and tested it out today. We did manhood mountain, gunsight pass, creek trail, Sonoita, and some trail near sawmill trail (go up gardner canyon road, turn right and dip into creek, then out of creek, then follow trail to T intersection, go straight through that (sign says towords sawmill), then at another Y go left. This trail is one of the nastiest I've seen in Sonoita, it has multiple nasty rocky hill climbs, into and out of valleys, and ends up dead ending into a hiking trail).

A great day in the outdoors, even if in a cage For those interested in such things, rest of pics here:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1000263...TheSantaRitaS#
Nice Ride Kid, Keep it on all fours. Drive On! Phil
Old 01-30-2012, 08:54 AM   #12508
JJB3KGT
n00b

Oddometer: 4
Hey all! I saw the big group of you Catalina/Rail X riders out on Saturday. You might remember seeing a trio of Drz's down in the wash along the power lines....near where Phil had a small dirt nap, yeah my brother saw that. LOL. Anyways good to see everyone out and sorry I couldn't chat too long with you Phil. I was on a rescue mission bringing jumper cables to a dead dizzer.

Anyways, reason for my post is I put together a nice ride video of my ride with my brother and his new girl friend. It was her first time out on a dirt bike and did really well. Two of the Drz's I had just recently assembled and they did really well too. Ok, less talk more video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttRDNdmSrzk&sns=em
Old 01-30-2012, 12:49 PM   #12509
Becktastic
Bonzai Becky

Oddometer: 1,132
Quote:
Originally Posted by russbryant View Post
Becky,

Any news on the wrist?

Russ
Still broken.

My legal representation suggests I don't say anything about anything (at least where it's recorded) but if you want to come say hi I think I'll come to bike night Thursday.

Ara is in town and says he'll be there too (http://theoasisofmysoul.com/)
Becktastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 02:07 PM   #12510
ravenranger
rave

Oddometer: 1,520
I'm planning to make RG this week as well.

Made it last week but no one else did!
ravenranger is offline   Reply With Quote