ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West – California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-19-2013, 06:29 PM   #14281
Mr. NoMoto
Adventurer

Oddometer: 53
How late do people tend to stay at the Garter? Not out of work til 9 and I was wondering if people tend to still be there for a while after that or not so much...
Mr. NoMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 09:58 AM   #14282
LEO_AZ
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
I know these are old videos, but this guy would complain about paying taxes on a winning lottery ticket.

bad planning + pessimism + inept vocabulary = torturous videos

he may need some cheese with that whine
LEO_AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 10:07 AM   #14283
swimmer
armchair asshole

Oddometer: 4,103
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEO_AZ View Post
I know these are old videos, but this guy would complain about paying taxes on a winning lottery ticket.

bad planning + pessimism + inept vocabulary = torturous videos

he may need some cheese with that whine
“I had a viewer request that I do a post ride review…..” Translation, “I haven’t been laid since I took my MSF course.”
swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 08:13 AM   #14284
MotorcycleWriter
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 852
Headed your way, Tucson. Can't wait to see and ride those beautiful mountains!
MotorcycleWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 08:21 AM   #14285
swimmer
armchair asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotorcycleWriter View Post
Headed your way, Tucson. Can't wait to see and ride those beautiful mountains!
Weather is slowly improving and should be a little nicer since you were here last.
Old 09-22-2013, 10:06 PM   #14286
MotorcycleWriter
Studly Adventurer

Thumb ZMW Bike Shop

You know how if you take your bike to the shop you want it to actually run better when you pick it up? Like going to the doctor. You want to feel better when you leave. Even if it's just oil, you want it to feel a little smoother. Especially if it is a tune up. Took my R100GS to a local shop, spent $500+ because I didn't have my tools or the time: oil, tranny, diff, plugs, carb synch, valve check, etc. Didn't feel any different at all when I picked it up. I'm not sure they even started the bike.

Turn the page...

Dropped it off with Frank Z. at ZMW last time I left town for some new tires and a couple of niggling problems - one of which the other shop should have spotted. (Frank did after listening to it for about five seconds.) When I picked it up, the tires were on, wheels balanced, the little problems had been addressed, and it ran better than when I dropped it off. Good job Frank!
Old 09-23-2013, 08:39 AM   #14287
messy
Go Fast

Oddometer: 113
Hey everyone! Thanks for voicing your opinions.....WOW! I didn't know what a mess it was. Some of the things that you mentioned I see and understand. It is unfortunate that 99% of responses were negative. For what it's worth, I'm a "Glass is half full" guy and will try my best to spread some customer service cheer! I see the difference of spending a little extra time to listen to customers makes. My only downfall is that when they leave, we are best friends, but they never buy a bike!
Old 09-23-2013, 12:26 PM   #14288
swimmer
armchair asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by messy View Post
Hey everyone! Thanks for voicing your opinions.....WOW! I didn't know what a mess it was. Some of the things that you mentioned I see and understand. It is unfortunate that 99% of responses were negative. For what it's worth, I'm a "Glass is half full" guy and will try my best to spread some customer service cheer! I see the difference of spending a little extra time to listen to customers makes. My only downfall is that when they leave, we are best friends, but they never buy a bike!
You may not make a sale that day but the person will remember that he/she wasn’t treated poorly and is more likely to come back when they are ready to spend some money. But maybe your boss doesn't want to wait and you'll be fired if you don't get that sale. Most motorcycle shops that have a good reputation (or are at least not called shitty) do either of two things. They either have very good customer service and just fair/ok pricing or they have very good pricing. Because of the way I interpret the Ride Now business model/employee hiring practices Ride Now will never be known for the former so one could at least hope for the latter but that doesn’t seem to happen either. But, I guess only those that see the balance sheet are aware of how their current business model is doing. Maybe just having the initial capital to buy out the other dealers is all it takes. At least you are making some sort of effort.

So, when do you expect to get in the FZ-09?
Old 09-23-2013, 12:30 PM   #14289
Friedom
Opposable Thumbs Up!

Oddometer: 249
Anyone else using tapatalk and seeing gobs and gobs of script with some of these messages?

"...Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune, or to take arms against a sea of troubles, and by opposing - end them." W. S.

I salute you! Builders, makers, fixers, breakers - skeptics, believers, dreamers, achievers - for you turn the very wheels of progress!
Friedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 12:32 PM   #14290
swimmer
armchair asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friedom View Post
Anyone else using tapatalk and seeing gobs and gobs of script with some of these messages?

"...Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune, or to take arms against a sea of troubles, and by opposing - end them." W. S.

I salute you! Builders, makers, fixers, breakers - skeptics, believers, dreamers, achievers - for you turn the very wheels of progress!

[wer]tpwer][tgpea;fgsagwae[ktavm,sdamgoweajgsadgaserktnnmvlsadlgnsadl;gnmlsad mglk;sadmls;jse;aetj
Old 09-23-2013, 12:39 PM   #14291
Friedom
Opposable Thumbs Up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer View Post
[wer]tpwer][tgpea;fgsagwae[ktavm,sdamgoweajgsadgaserktnnmvlsadlgnsadl;gnmlsad mglk;sadmls;jse;aetj
Thanks for clearing that up :

Old 09-23-2013, 01:59 PM   #14292
messy
Go Fast

Oddometer: 113

It will likely be 10 days. It is staged at a warehouse in Seattle at the moment.

Hey when do you all meet up? I don't have a dual sport just yet, but would definitely like to meet some of the group.
Old 09-23-2013, 02:00 PM   #14293
HoosierTrailmaster
Just an Old Grizzly

Oddometer: 2,382
Quote:
It is all about trust...people will buy if they trust you and don't feel like they are being "sold". Finding out what someone's needs are and then coming up with a solution is the key to your success and their happiness.
HoosierTrailmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 02:30 PM   #14294
Friedom
Opposable Thumbs Up!

Quote:

It will likely be 10 days. It is staged at a warehouse in Seattle at the moment.

Hey when do you all meet up? I don't have a dual sport just yet, but would definitely like to meet some of the group.
Meetups for riding come and go, meetups at the Red Garter Saloon 2nd and 4th Thursdays I believe. What happened to your DR?

Old 09-23-2013, 06:30 PM   #14295
MotorcycleWriter
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friedom View Post
Meetups for riding come and go, meetups at the Red Garter Saloon 2nd and 4th Thursdays I believe.
So, this Thursday? I'll be in town!