ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2013, 03:47 PM   #14341
Infidel
Adventure-Junkie

Oddometer: 2,082
I gots a kitchen pass.

Oh, and- No matter how good life is, It never ends well.
Infidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 06:48 PM   #14342
Infidel
Adventure-Junkie

Where you FFs at?

Old 10-03-2013, 08:28 PM   #14343
russbryant OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,034
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infidel View Post
Where you FFs at?
So, it really didn't matter that I went on a Wednesday night I take it?

Russ
russbryant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 09:29 PM   #14344
Infidel
Adventure-Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by russbryant View Post
So, it really didn't matter that I went on a Wednesday night I take it?

Russ
I guess not. There was a KTM in the lot, but I have no idea who it belonged to. Figured inmates wouldn't be hard to spot- you fuckers blend in well.

Old 10-04-2013, 09:01 AM   #14345
Mr. NoMoto
Adventurer

Oddometer: 53
Maybe someday I'll make it to the Garter. I'm always stuck at work.
Mr. NoMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 09:32 AM   #14346
Infidel
Adventure-Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. NoMoto View Post
Maybe someday I'll make it to the Garter. I'm always stuck at work.
yea- they only reason I made it was based on my furlough vacation.

Old 10-04-2013, 09:40 AM   #14347
swimmer
armchair asshole

Oddometer: 4,078
HVAC guy

Can anyone recommend an honest/reasonable HVAC guy? I am selling my house and the buyer is requesting a service/"tune up" be done on my A/C. I know a guy that could do it but he is not licensed. I need a licensed/works for a real HVAC company type of guy. Don't want some guy trying to sell my a bunch of extra stuff I don't need/want when I am leaving the house.
TIA
swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 10:08 AM   #14348
Friedom
Opposable Thumbs Up!

Oddometer: 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiSig1071 View Post
FYI, went to Chiva yesterday, it's running, barely.

Went in thru 3 feathers and out the east half of 4417, we had a DRZ, CRFX, WR, XR650R, and two quads. It was a fun ride.
Doh. I was there in spirit. I've been out there three times I'm the last 6 weeks, but always turned back at the 4417a split because "there's no way there's water"/"we're not going down that".

Lmk next time!

"...Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune, or to take arms against a sea of troubles, and by opposing - end them."
The spear has been shaken!!
Friedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 12:58 PM   #14349
PhiSig1071
What's ******width?

Oddometer: 1,985
Quote:
Originally Posted by Friedom View Post
Doh. I was there in spirit. I've been out there three times I'm the last 6 weeks, but always turned back at the 4417a split because "there's no way there's water"/"we're not going down that".

Lmk next time!

"...Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune, or to take arms against a sea of troubles, and by opposing - end them."
I'll let you know! Yeah, that one hill where 4417a splits off is gnarly, on the way in, I dropped all the way down the hill and kind of side hill-ed it out, it wasn't too bad, but when I tried to do the same coming back out I failed to realize how steep it had been coming down and I got bogged down pretty good, I had to double back and come at it higher or I would have never gotten out of the loose rocks at the bottom.

We got a bit of a late start, so we missed the pools, I think next time we'll try to hit those, not sure if we'll be doing the falls again on that ride, or just the pools. What do you ride?

Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem
PhiSig1071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 01:01 PM   #14350
russbryant OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,034
Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer View Post
Can anyone recommend an honest/reasonable HVAC guy? I am selling my house and the buyer is requesting a service/"tune up" be done on my A/C. I know a guy that could do it but he is not licensed. I need a licensed/works for a real HVAC company type of guy. Don't want some guy trying to sell my a bunch of extra stuff I don't need/want when I am leaving the house.
TIA
I've used Hamstra Heating and Cooling several times. They may not be the cheapest but I've never felt like they tried to do work that wasn't really needed.

Russ
russbryant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 01:11 PM   #14351
Friedom
Opposable Thumbs Up!

Quote:
I'll let you know! Yeah, that one hill where 4417a splits off is gnarly, on the way in, I dropped all the way down the hill and kind of side hill-ed it out, it wasn't too bad, but when I tried to do the same coming back out I failed to realize how steep it had been coming down and I got bogged down pretty good, I had to double back and come at it higher or I would have never gotten out of the loose rocks at the bottom.

We got a bit of a late start, so we missed the pools, I think next time we'll try to hit those, not sure if we'll be doing the falls again on that ride, or just the pools. What do you ride?
I've gone down that hill (and gone down on that hill) once, but after I tumbled, we were both tired, and we weren't 100% sure which way to the falls, my friend (who I won't name, but he's an inmate) decided not to tackle the hill. It was fun coming up though, just had to have decent speed and even more nerve. I'm on a KL600, or a DR350, or a DR250 depending on how much I like kick starting over being tall and heavy. And of course, depending upon which one is running best.

Old 10-04-2013, 01:16 PM   #14352
PhiSig1071
What's ******width?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friedom View Post
I've gone down that hill (and gone down on that hill) once, but after I tumbled, we were both tired, and we weren't 100% sure which way to the falls, my friend (who I won't name, but he's an inmate) decided not to tackle the hill. It was fun coming up though, just had to have decent speed and even more nerve. I'm on a KL600, or a DR350, or a DR250 depending on how much I like kick starting over being tall and heavy. And of course, depending upon which one is running best.

We all loved the ride, and want to do it again. I'll post up here the next time we go.

Old 10-04-2013, 02:49 PM   #14353
HoosierTrailmaster
Just an Old Grizzly

Oddometer: 2,382
Quote:
We all loved the ride, and want to do it again. I'll post up here the next time we go.
You need to do the whole loop...there are some NICE climbs above the falls and then after you drop down to the creek over by Redington Road there is another good one. Better yet, start from the cattle guard just before you get to the turn for Chiva and do the loop backwards...even more challenge.
HoosierTrailmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 03:10 PM   #14354
Friedom
Opposable Thumbs Up!

Maybe I'll get out the quad (250x fourtrax) then. That hill going up at said split didn't seem that appealing at the time I was there.

I'm up for it, though, with a smaller bike.

Old 10-05-2013, 09:22 AM   #14355
PhiSig1071
What's ******width?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierTrailmaster View Post
You need to do the whole loop...there are some NICE climbs above the falls and then after you drop down to the creek over by Redington Road there is another good one. Better yet, start from the cattle guard just before you get to the turn for Chiva and do the loop backwards...even more challenge.
Yeah, that hill going up at the 4417A split looked like a challenge, but I'll definitely give it a shot next time, it's a beautiful area to ride. We went right after work (midnight shift) and got a late start, next time we'll meet up earlier.