ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-31-2013, 05:46 AM   #14491
SOLOKLR
almost retired

Oddometer: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Friedom View Post
Any thoughts on how long you guys might be out?

"...Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune, or to take arms against a sea of troubles, and by opposing - end them."
The spear has been shaken!!
I'm going to camp that night. I don't think my son will cover more than 40-50 miles.

I have a clutch cable off of a Suzuki that I have used on the KLR when I broke mine in Texas. Not a perfect match but it got the job done
Steverauklr@gmail.com
SOLOKLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 03:32 PM   #14492
Friedom
Opposable Thumbs Up!

Oddometer: 391
I'll keep that in mind. Might be able to jump in, but I'll probably opt to replace the valve cover gasket, clutch cable, and check the valves shims and/or valves.
Or check out my new DR350 motor and get it up to snuff and on the bike. So much motor, so little time..

"...Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune, or to take arms against a sea of troubles, and by opposing - end them."
Friedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 03:19 PM   #14493
SOLOKLR
almost retired

Riding Saturday

I am planning on leaving around 10am. Will be going down hwy83 to Gardner Canyon rd. Aprox 2-3 miles in. I'm going to camp with my son. If anyone wants to join us for the ride or camp you're more than welcome.
Steverauklr@gmail.com
Old 11-01-2013, 05:31 PM   #14494
swimmer
armchair asshole

Oddometer: 4,271
Quote:
Sparks Cycles on Grant has a decent yard. Just tell them before you go in :)

!
Let me know if you see my ninja 250 they bought off me in 1990 after I had a little incident with an RV on mt. lemmon.
swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 08:08 PM   #14495
tmac13
SomeCallHimTim

Oddometer: 33
Tortolitas area on Sunday

Quote:
Originally Posted by greystone View Post
Where exactly is this area at? From looking at google maps, I would guess it's west of the residential areas on the way up to the Ritz Carlton? I'm only about 10 minutes away from there!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiSig1071 View Post
+1, I always end up riding south of Vail/Sahaurita or out by reddington, but I live up north of the foothills mall. I'd like a place closer by to ride, other then pinal.
Quote:
I hope you guys keep this discussion public so that maybe a couple more of us could see if we can jump in!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle4rley View Post
That sounds sweet. My bike is street legal, although that doesn't mean much, I can also wheel it into my pick up with my really steep driveway, getting it out is hard not having a ramp though. I've got tuesdays and fridays off or most afternoons.
I am planning on riding the power line/Tangerine/ Tortolitas area on Sunday. If anyone else wants to go and time allows we can do an out and back to Park Links Rd. My day is pretty open so I can ride in the morning or afternoon if anyone wants to join in. If it turns out to be an afternoon ride I'd like to hit the dirt by 1:30 - 2:00 so I can get a few hours in and not worry about darkness.
Old 11-02-2013, 03:11 AM   #14496
PhiSig1071
What's ******width?

Oddometer: 2,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac13 View Post
I am planning on riding the power line/Tangerine/ Tortolitas area on Sunday. If anyone else wants to go and time allows we can do an out and back to Park Links Rd. My day is pretty open so I can ride in the morning or afternoon if anyone wants to join in. If it turns out to be an afternoon ride I'd like to hit the dirt by 1:30 - 2:00 so I can get a few hours in and not worry about darkness.
Sunday is no good for me. But if you have tracks or a heads up where this ride is I'd appreciate it. That's not far from me at all.

Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem
PhiSig1071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 06:51 AM   #14497
operaflute
Starving Artist

Oddometer: 134
Someone had asked for nearby camping ideas a while back:
Last month I did a little moto camping trip to the Payson area, and took the old Globe-Young road. I found myself thinking it would be fun to do an overnight at one of the campgrounds on that road, and mess around on the east side of Lake Roosevelt for a day. Nothing too challenging, but pretty, and would make for a nice little overnight, I think.

operaflute screwed with this post 11-02-2013 at 07:59 AM
operaflute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 07:59 AM   #14498
gnadenlos
Adventurer

Oddometer: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLOKLR View Post
I am planning on leaving around 10am. Will be going down hwy83 to Gardner Canyon rd. Aprox 2-3 miles in. I'm going to camp with my son. If anyone wants to join us for the ride or camp you're more than welcome.
The wife and I would camp with you, but lucky me... I always work on Saturdays!
Mabye there will be another time... Have fun!
Old 11-02-2013, 08:04 AM   #14499
gnadenlos
Adventurer

Oddometer: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by operaflute View Post
Someone had asked for nearby camping ideas a while back:
Last month I did a little moto camping trip to the Payson area, and took the old Globe-Young road. I found myself thinking it would be fun to do an overnight at one of the campgrounds on that road, and mess around on the east side of Lake Roosevelt for a day. Nothing too challenging, but pretty, and would make for a nice little overnight, I think.
Thanks! I was looking to go moto camping with my wife. We are newer to the area and anything would be an adventure! I appreciate the ride info!
Mabey others on the site would join in on a camping event?
Old 11-02-2013, 08:30 AM   #14500
SOLOKLR
almost retired

No problem. Post up when you're heading out. I'm sure we could get a few more on here to camp. End up with an impromptu rally.
Steverauklr@gmail.com
Old 11-03-2013, 06:57 AM   #14501
Mr. NoMoto
Adventurer

Oddometer: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac13 View Post
I would happily join you, but I will not be out of work until 4 or 5 pm... :-(
Mr. NoMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 07:44 AM   #14502
Friedom
Opposable Thumbs Up!

Oddometer: 391
Quote:
Originally Posted by emerson.biguns View Post
That might work. I'm still looking for a pair of boots for him. Anyone have an old set of size 12 boots they're not using and want a few bucks for?

I take it the size 13s won't do the trick. I've give you a good price - I'll have em here and you pick em up :)

Friedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 03:20 PM   #14503
Flashman1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,359
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnadenlos View Post
The wife and I would camp with you, but lucky me... I always work on Saturdays!
Mabye there will be another time... Have fun!
I have camped up there a lot. Some really nice campsites if you know where to find them.

Going camping this weekend around Cherry Creek area and will be a little east of where you want to be but we will try to make Young by going on the east side of the wilderness area.

We are RV camping and I may not bring my Husky (nursing a badly sprained ankle) and will be in my rzr or goofing off on my 1974 Honda ST90.
Flashman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 03:24 PM   #14504
SOLOKLR
almost retired

Had a great spot, good riding most of the day. Just can't beat spending time with my son and friends. Guess its back to work tomorrow.
Steverauklr@gmail.com
Old 11-03-2013, 05:31 PM   #14505
emerson.biguns
All idiot, no savant

Oddometer: 10,145
Quote:
I take it the size 13s won't do the trick.
Sorry I didn't get back to you. We ended up finding a pair of 12's on CL for cheap.
emerson.biguns is offline   Reply With Quote