ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-2013, 05:45 PM   #14596
*Gmoney*
St00pid n00b

Oddometer: 769
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold Waikiki View Post
this sounds good. showers. my special lady friend will like it. lets ride if any one wants to meet up. should be in tucson area around about dec 15-30. looks like easier access to riding than camping at gilbert ray CG.
For 20 bucks a year, you can camp almost anywhere in AZ unless it is marked no trespassing or restricted.
http://www.azland.gov/programs/natur...ion_permit.htm
It is only 8 million acres

Places to camp on BLM land
http://search.usa.gov/search?affilia...&query=camping
Camping on public lands away from developed recreation facilities is referred to as "dispersed camping." Most of the remainder of public lands in Arizona are open to dispersed camping, as long as such use does not conflict with other authorized uses or occurs in areas posted "closed to camping," or in some way adversely affects wildlife species or natural resources.
Dispersed camping is allowed on Public Lands in Arizona for no more than a period of 14 days within any period of 28 consecutive days. The 28-day period begins when a camper initially occupies a specific location on public lands. The 14 day limit may be reached either through a number of separate visits or through 14 days of continuous overnight occupation during the 28 day period. After the 14th day of occupation, the camper must move outside of a 25 mile radius of the previous location until the 29th day since the initial occupation. The purpose of this special rule is to prevent damage to sensitive resources caused by continual use of any particular areas. In addition, campers must not leave any personal property unattended for more than 10 days.
To further protect your public lands, campers must not dispose of any refuse, hazardous materials, sewage, or gray water, in any manner that would pollute the surrounding area. PACK IT OUT.
Please enjoy camping on public lands, and please take care of these lands like they were your own ----because they are!

*Gmoney* screwed with this post 12-03-2013 at 06:05 PM
*Gmoney* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 05:26 PM   #14597
Harold Waikiki
oldfatdumbbrokeoutof

Oddometer: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZstateParksOHV View Post
I have a slightly different opinion about the riding opportunities between Ajo and Yuma, having covered every route out there over multiple trips, including a solo ride involving camping, and multiple solo truck camping trips lasting 3 days or more. I have also crossed the state from NM to Cali almost exclusively on dirt, including the Rez and the century lane east of San Luis :) I'll post some pics when I get in front of a computer. It's all great stuff for dual sporting, but lacks technical single track.
i would love more info!
'09 KTM 530 EXC (610 big bore kit)
'82 Honda CT 110
Harold Waikiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 04:58 PM   #14598
emerson.biguns
All idiot, no savant

Oddometer: 9,299
Quote:
about what?
How about starting with all of the legal off road riding available on the TO reservation?

emerson.biguns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 04:13 AM   #14599
Harold Waikiki
oldfatdumbbrokeoutof

Oddometer: 241
Thumb

Quote:
I don't want to speak for the T.O. or ICE since I am posting under what appears to be a gov affiliated handle. Call them and ask, that's what I had to do.
I will say that I drove from Sasabe to Oregon Pipe along the border in 2010. ICE had no issue with that and the T.O. got back to me after I got home and had no issue with my itinerary. Ways call the land manager when access is not clearly stated or questionable, especially on tribal land.
thanks for the pics and further info. i'm leaving camano island sunday morning at 4am. not warm enough to ride till havasu. (might try to ride around panaca, NV. desert 300 area) camp there. ride. then organ pipe. then catalina state park. if anyone would like to meet up and ride pls respond or maybe i'll post some rides on the tucson ride meet up board. would love to be safer and not ride alone. i'm recovering from broken ribs so nothing too hard. no hard core single track. bringing my 530, 950 SE, and my 990. should be at organ pipe around dec 12.
'09 KTM 530 EXC (610 big bore kit)
'82 Honda CT 110
Harold Waikiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 08:18 AM   #14600
acdfan
day tripper

Oddometer: 126
benson to safford

looking at the map from benson to safford, is there another route other than cascabel to three links to ft grant to bonita klondyke? looking for dirt suitable for a tenere with tourance tires, but entertaining enough for another rider on a 690ktm with knobbies.
base plan is from sierra vista to gila box, but im trying to decide which side to camp on. I know i want wilderness rather than campground. I am entertaining the thought of exploring one side, camping, then coming back on the other side of the gila river.
Old 12-06-2013, 08:59 AM   #14601
erbemone
Adventurer

Oddometer: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by acdfan View Post
looking at the map from benson to safford, is there another route other than cascabel to three links to ft grant to bonita klondyke? looking for dirt suitable for a tenere with tourance tires, but entertaining enough for another rider on a 690ktm with knobbies.
base plan is from sierra vista to gila box, but im trying to decide which side to camp on. I know i want wilderness rather than campground. I am entertaining the thought of exploring one side, camping, then coming back on the other side of the gila river.

There is the "Rug Road".

Bemer
erbemone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 09:51 AM   #14602
HoosierTrailmaster
Just an Old Grizzly

Oddometer: 2,379
Awesome...do the Rug :-) Actually, it was reported back to me last weekend that The Rug had been graded...so it might be very "doable" now. I would like to check it out...it is a beautiful ride when you aren't fighting the Baby Heads.
HoosierTrailmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 10:54 AM   #14603
PhiSig1071
What's ******width?

Oddometer: 1,745
Rode the control road yesterday, made it all the way up. Beautiful ride.

Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem
PhiSig1071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 10:57 AM   #14604
swimmer
armchair asshole

Oddometer: 3,746
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiSig1071 View Post
Rode the control road yesterday, made it all the way up. Beautiful ride.
Nice. Surprised they haven't locked the gate at the top yet, or was it?
swimmer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 11:08 AM   #14605
Flashman1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,352
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierTrailmaster View Post
Awesome...do the Rug :-) Actually, it was reported back to me last weekend that The Rug had been graded...so it might be very "doable" now. I would like to check it out...it is a beautiful ride when you aren't fighting the Baby Heads.
Did it last Friday - hunters everywhere - saw no sign of grading - but only went into the mine and back.
Flashman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 11:11 AM   #14606
PhiSig1071
What's ******width?

Oddometer: 1,745
Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer View Post
Nice. Surprised they haven't locked the gate at the top yet, or was it?
Nope, made it all the way to The Cookie Cabin for no hot chocolate (Closed), the general store for no coffee (Closed), and finally the Iron Door for chili.

They actually were in the process of closing as we finished up and paid our tab. Apparently we were about the only customers all day.

Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem
PhiSig1071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 11:18 AM   #14607
HoosierTrailmaster
Just an Old Grizzly

Oddometer: 2,379
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashman1 View Post
Did it last Friday - hunters everywhere - saw no sign of grading - but only went into the mine and back.

When you say the mine I assume you mean Copper Creek? Did you actually go on the Rug itself, up from the creek?
HoosierTrailmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 11:41 AM   #14608
Flashman1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,352
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierTrailmaster View Post
When you say the mine I assume you mean Copper Creek? Did you actually go on the Rug itself, up from the creek?
No the un-named mine past the saddle.

But I cheated - went in with a RZR.
Flashman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 01:00 PM   #14609
acdfan
day tripper

Oddometer: 126
rug road

does rug road hook up with klondyke rd?
Old 12-06-2013, 03:22 PM   #14610
mntdawg
NOT FRAGILE OR GREEN