Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2009, 07:26 PM   #241
abogado68
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoochZilla
Hi Raul,

All REV'IT! Leather Jackets and Pants are going to come with Shoulder, Elbow and Knee Armor.

All of the Armor used is going to be CE Rated. On some of the Jackets and Pants you will see that upgraded ProLife armor is used - ProLife is CE Level 2 as opposed to Knox which is a little more basic and is CE1.

With regard to back armor, none of the jackets come with anything other than removable temperfoam. For the track you will want to pick up removable hard armor like the REV'IT! Gravity Protector or any other brand of standalone hard armor.

Obviously some pants will have Knee Sliders and some will not, but they will all have an internal knee cup. Same with Shoulder and Elbow external hard parts; some have exposed sliders, but they all have internal armor. Also some is removable and some in fixed. Depends on the model.

At the basest level, to answer you question, they all have Shoulder, Elbow and Knee armor which is at a minimum CE1 Rated. CE2 Back armor is an optional upgrade.

Let me know how else I could help.

Anthony
You are right I lie in Mexico and I'm buying the suit here, it's the GT model here is a link maybe you can fill me in on the quality of the suit.

http://www.accdesa.com/webpage/Revit...ociclista.html

Once agin, Thank You.
abogado68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 09:25 AM   #242
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

Oddometer: 762
Hi Raul,

A lot of the features really speak for themself. You'd be hard pressed to find better bang for the buck than from REV'IT!. They are race quality for 30% less than what most people consider the pinnacle which is Dainese.

Anthony
Quote:
Originally Posted by abogado68
You are right I lie in Mexico and I'm buying the suit here, it's the GT model here is a link maybe you can fill me in on the quality of the suit.

Once agin, Thank You.

'10 Multistrada 1200
'05 Monster S2R
BoochZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 09:45 AM   #243
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

Hi-Res Shots of the REV'IT! Line

We just reposted many of the HI-RES shots of the new REV'IT! Lineup.

You can find the gallery here - 2010 Hi-Res REV'IT! Product Photos

Anthony

'10 Multistrada 1200
'05 Monster S2R
Old 11-03-2009, 12:50 PM   #244
little foot
Scratch and Sniff

Oddometer: 5,920
New jacket

I am going to buy a new jacket this year. I have narrowed it down to BMW or REV-IT. But I can't decide. I ride an 08 GSA and I use it as my commuter during the week and 2up on the weekend. 98% black top and 2 % fire road. No hard core dirt. My main concern is when it gets hot. Hot to me is 85 deg and up. I hate carring two jacket because my 3 season jacket gets too warm when it is over 90 so I have to switch. I am not to worried about being totally water proof. What ya got, Sell me something.
Old 11-03-2009, 01:27 PM   #245
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

Yo Little Foot....

Attempt #1 at selling you something... ready.. set... go..

The fact that you are an adventure tourer / commuter and weatherproofing is not your most pressing option actually opens a ton of options up for you.

You can go in a few directions which will all breathe extremely well. Mesh will be your best option to beat the heat in 85+ degree weather. Don't get me wrong though, even with light colored mesh - sitting in stopped traffic you will feel the fact that you are wearing a coat.

The REV'IT! Turbine is the most protective hot weather mesh / textile coat we have. It uses Superfabric, Upgraded Dynax Mesh and Prolife CE Level 2 Armor. The only downside is there is no waterproofing on the coat. Check out the video for the breakdown.

For a more versatile coat which can handle all seasons and precipitation as well as give you the benefit of Mesh - the REV'IT! Sirocco fits a unique niche. Its the only Mesh 3/4 coat we offer and with the independently removable Waterproof and Thermal liners. The Sirocco is also Recently on Sale over $100 off the original retail price of $440.

You could also go with the very basic REV'IT! Air Jacket which is a staple REV'IT! Jacket for hot weather. I have one of these in my closet.

On a side note - you can get an extra season out of the Turbine and Air by throwing a single thermal liner or fleece under eaither. I wear a REV'IT! Digital under mine when the temp gets below 65.

I hope that's a 500 foot view of good, better, best for tackling hot weather in the REV'IT! lineup. Feel free to fire back with other questions.

Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by little foot
I am going to buy a new jacket this year. I have narrowed it down to BMW or REV-IT. But I can't decide. I ride an 08 GSA and I use it as my commuter during the week and 2up on the weekend. 98% black top and 2 % fire road. No hard core dirt. My main concern is when it gets hot. Hot to me is 85 deg and up. I hate carring two jacket because my 3 season jacket gets too warm when it is over 90 so I have to switch. I am not to worried about being totally water proof. What ya got, Sell me something.

'10 Multistrada 1200
'05 Monster S2R

BoochZilla screwed with this post 12-10-2014 at 02:36 PM Reason: Updating
Old 11-03-2009, 01:37 PM   #246
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

One last thing little foot, we have nearly everything I mentioned in most sizes in stock ready to ship same day. We stock more REV'IT! than anyone in North America - and we ship all REV'IT! for Free. :-)

Anthony

'10 Multistrada 1200
'05 Monster S2R
Old 11-03-2009, 01:55 PM   #247
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

REV'IT! CR Race Suit

Here is another sneak peek - The 2010 REV'IT! CR Race Suit which will be the replacement for the Silica Suit. This was the first chance I had to see the White/Red which is stunning IMO.

Available in a black as well. Amazing suit for a us that also have a Euro bike in the garage. Your Ducati will thank you.

As Ari on Entourage said "boom!"

Anthony

'10 Multistrada 1200
'05 Monster S2R
Old 11-04-2009, 12:59 PM   #248
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

Dainese D-Dry System Video Review

I know this may displease the "REV'IT! Gods" but we just got a hold of an updated version of Dainese's Top End Multi-Season ADV Jacket, the Dainese D-system Jacket - and we were impressed. Its extremely functional - and it looks great. In the interest of reporting on anything we find newsworthy to the ADV community - I give you the video we shot last week.

Interested in hearing any feedback or comments from anyone who may have one.

Military Green available later this year.

Anthony

'10 Multistrada 1200
'05 Monster S2R

BoochZilla screwed with this post 12-10-2014 at 02:36 PM Reason: Updating
Old 11-09-2009, 09:16 PM   #249
abogado68
Gnarly Adventurer

Hi,
I posted a few days ago asking questions on a Rev it two piece leather suit I intended to buy in Mexico. Well today I had some time from court hearings (I`m an attorney) and went to order my new set of leathers, but they didn't have my jacket size in the color I wanted. Well, I will be traveling to the USA in a month or so, Salinas, Ca. and SFO where I hace a sister office. Do you have a store in Salinas, Ca. or Sfo?

2. Where can I see the on line the leathers you sell? and what would be the cost?

Thanks again

Raul.
Old 11-09-2009, 09:18 PM   #250
abogado68
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Hi,
I posted a few days ago asking questions on a Rev it two piece leather suit I intended to buy in Mexico. Well today I had some time from court hearings (I`m an attorney) and went to order my new set of leathers, but they didn't have my jacket size in the color I wanted. Well, I will be traveling to the USA in a month or so, Salinas, Ca. and SFO where I hace a sister office. Do you have a store in Salinas, Ca. or Sfo?

2. Where can I see the on line the leathers you sell? and what would be the cost?

Thanks again

Raul.
One more thing, any Christmas sales nearby or holiday discounts ?
Old 11-10-2009, 08:16 AM   #251
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

Hi Raul,

You can see all of the leathers we sell on www.RevZilla.com/revit - All of the costs are associated with the individual products are listed.

Our HQ and showroom where we carry EVERYTHING is actually based in Philadelphia, so as far as trying things on goes - you are welcome to come out! :-)

We price match on REV'IT! if you find a better deal let us know. We also stock and sell more than anyone in North America.

Best,

Anthony

Quote:
Hi,

Thanks again

Raul.

'10 Multistrada 1200
'05 Monster S2R

BoochZilla screwed with this post 12-10-2014 at 02:37 PM Reason: Updating
Old 11-10-2009, 01:39 PM   #252
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

New Ducati Multistraded 1200

I love this bike... Just unveiled today - Ducati Multistrada 1200

www.Ducati.com

Wow.

Anthony

'10 Multistrada 1200
'05 Monster S2R
Old 11-16-2009, 07:57 AM   #253
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

Arai XD-3 Helmet Video

Shot this overview of the Arai XD-3 Adventure Helmet Recently. We always get a ton of questions about the big benefits of a multi-purpose helmet vs a standard street helmet. I own an XD-3 personally, so it was an easy shoot.

From experience there is nothing like Sport and Adventure touring in one of these.

All questions welcome.

Anthony

'10 Multistrada 1200
'05 Monster S2R

BoochZilla screwed with this post 12-10-2014 at 02:38 PM Reason: Updating
Old 11-18-2009, 04:34 PM   #254
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

New REV'IT! Video Reviews

As it has been for some time, the new 2010 REV'IT! lineup is live and ready for pre-order at www.RevZilla.com/REVIT

We actually Just finished producing the rest of our 2010 REV'IT! Video Reviews to our RevZillaTV Youtube channel. The videos are also attached to each product on RevZilla.com as well.

You can see all of the REV'IT! Gear Videos on Youtube.

Anthony

'10 Multistrada 1200
'05 Monster S2R

BoochZilla screwed with this post 12-10-2014 at 02:38 PM Reason: Updating
Old 11-25-2009, 09:19 AM   #255
BMWf800gs
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 219
Cayenne pro poor design and quality! My jacket is a month old.

My Cayenne Pro jacket has pockets that are supposed to be waterproof but when I took my iphone out it was drenched.
Also the velcro that runs midsagittally on the jacket catches the sleeves and other parts of the jacket and causes it to fray.
The main jacket part is not even water resistant so when it rains it just acts like a sponge and sucks up all the water. When I get to work, home or where ever, it just drips very much all over everything.
Also I would recommend at $600 the jacket should come with the pad and I should not had to go out and buy it myself and install it in my jacket!
The stitching is coming apart on it also!
I think also due to the jacket not having any water or stain repellence whatsoever, that the jacket gets and and shows dirt and stains immediately.
BMWf800gs is offline   Reply With Quote