User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2010, 09:52 AM   #301
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

Oddometer: 761
REV'IT! Sand Jackets in Stock and Shipping

It's official. The REV'IT! Sand Jacket and REV'IT! Sand Pants are in stock and shipping. For those of you who pre-ordered they should have shipped yesterday or today at the latest.

For everyone else, we think this setup is a game changer. Feel free to contact us with any questions.

Anthony

'10 Multistrada 1200
'07 R1200GS
'05 Monster S2R
BoochZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 12:34 PM   #302
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

Icon Variant Dual Sport Helmet

BREAKING: The Icon Variant Dual Sport Helmet new for 2010 is now in stock and shipping. Those of you who preordered they should ship today.

Check out the product specs here: Icon Variant Helmet

We know most of our fellow inmates aren't into some of the flash that Icon goes for but its great that there is another style of hybrid helmet to add to thew mix. I am anxious to hear the first report of someone beating the hell out of one.... and how it performs.

BoochZilla

'10 Multistrada 1200
'07 R1200GS
'05 Monster S2R
Old 02-03-2010, 10:08 AM   #303
pavegel
Adventurer Douche

Oddometer: 153
Off Track and Sand pants color match

I bought one of the last Off Track jackets from you last year and I would've bought the Dakar pants to go with but they were gone.

How do the Silver/Grey Sand pants color and texture match with the Off Track Jacket?

'06 KTM 950 Adventure S
'96 Toyota Landcruiser FZJ80
pavegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 12:49 PM   #304
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

Hi Pavegel,

The color and texture are extremely close.

They should match your Off Track very well.

Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavegel
I bought one of the last Off Track jackets from you last year and I would've bought the Dakar pants to go with but they were gone.

How do the Silver/Grey Sand pants color and texture match with the Off Track Jacket?

'10 Multistrada 1200
'07 R1200GS
'05 Monster S2R
Old 02-03-2010, 04:14 PM   #305
ovenking
Unfloppable

Oddometer: 38
Sand sizing?

Hey Booch, I'm toying with the idea of upgrading from the Dragon to the Sand jacket sometime this year. Waiting for the first batch of user reviews to hear what they have to say about it!

Is the sizing comparable/identical or are they slightly differently cut? I know they both have Rev'It's "Touring" fit, but from looking at pics the Sand's length and cut seem a bit closer to the CP's. Can you confirm that?

Reason I ask is that while the Dragon fits me, I wouldn't mind something a bit more form-fitting and slightly shorter. For the record, I wear a medium in the Dragon.

Cheers!
ovenking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 01:32 PM   #306
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

Hi Ovenking,

Thanks for checking in.

The sizing should be comparable if not a bit more snug in the chest, but your would still be a medium - we are seeing the Sand Jacket run a hair small. Also the length is going to be very much like the Cayenne Pro sitting at the waist vs the full 3/4 length of the Dragon.

Let me know if this covers it for you, be happy to help with anything else.

Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovenking
Hey Booch, I'm toying with the idea of upgrading from the Dragon to the Sand jacket sometime this year. Waiting for the first batch of user reviews to hear what they have to say about it!

Is the sizing comparable/identical or are they slightly differently cut? I know they both have Rev'It's "Touring" fit, but from looking at pics the Sand's length and cut seem a bit closer to the CP's. Can you confirm that?

Reason I ask is that while the Dragon fits me, I wouldn't mind something a bit more form-fitting and slightly shorter. For the record, I wear a medium in the Dragon.

Cheers!

'10 Multistrada 1200
'07 R1200GS
'05 Monster S2R
Old 02-10-2010, 07:44 AM   #307
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

SIDI Adventure Rain Boots Photo Shoot

I know there is a lot of interest on these and I posted the pics of the new Adventure Rain's on our Sidi thread yesterday, but I figured many of our REV'IT! fans would dig these as well.

Click to view the Sidi Adventure Rain Boot Photo Gallery

Click any shot to see the whole gallery or you can see the Sidi Adventure Rain Boots on RevZilla.com

And for the record, the boots are jet black although depending on your monitor you may see a hint of brown in a few of the pics.

All feedback welcome-

BoochZilla

'10 Multistrada 1200
'07 R1200GS
'05 Monster S2R
Old 02-11-2010, 07:37 AM   #308
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

REV'IT! News

I will be headed to Indy this week for the dealer show and I know that REV'IT! will not be attending. REV'IT! USA is spending the coming weeks meeting with REV'IT! from the EU on all things for North America.

REV'IT! is also meeting with W.L. Gore this week about a handful of things ranging from the tester program to the new Fall 2010 line which is going to offer a handful of fully GORE-TEX / GORE Technology powered options.

Most folks already know this is coming down the pipe and the new gear is going to be more expensive than the top of the current REV'IT! line but it will offer a new level of mother nature fighting defensibility through some really leading edge technologies. This very much appeals to my inner geek.

I know many of you are looking forward to GORE / REV'IT! News and we will have more to share soon.

Anthony

'10 Multistrada 1200
'07 R1200GS
'05 Monster S2R
Old 02-19-2010, 05:31 PM   #309
DirtMerchant
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,463
Any RevZilla folks monitoring ADVRider over the weekend?

If so, please PM me.
2011 R1200RT Polar
DirtMerchant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 05:09 PM   #310
MEDIC-0372
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 249
I just bought an Olympia Bushwhacker jacket from you guys...ordered it on a Sat and it was at my door on Wed.

BEST THING WAS THAT SHIPPING WAS FREE.

Thanks,
MEDIC-0372

The life we save may be your's...
MEDIC-0372 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 05:39 AM   #311
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

We aim to please. Thanks for taking the time to leave us some love.

Do you know that you earned TeamZilla Cash toward your next order? For ever $100 you spend we give you $5 bucks back toward your next order which is automatically applied.

Two Wheels Down,

Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEDIC-0372
I just bought an Olympia Bushwhacker jacket from you guys...ordered it on a Sat and it was at my door on Wed.

BEST THING WAS THAT SHIPPING WAS FREE.

Thanks,
MEDIC-0372

'10 Multistrada 1200
'07 R1200GS
'05 Monster S2R
Old 02-23-2010, 03:45 PM   #312
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

All New 2010 REV'IT! Now Shipping

We received our monster 2010 REV'IT! stocking order at RevZilla HQ earlier this week. Boxes and Boxes and Boxes... It was a half ton shipment - no joke.

The REV'IT! Sand Jacket and Pants have been moving for some time, but now the whole new line is available.

If you would like to see the full 2010 collection see it here:

Spring 2010 REV'IT! Motorcycle Gear

As always, we're here to help.

Rubbin's Racin'

BoochZilla

'10 Multistrada 1200
'07 R1200GS
'05 Monster S2R
Old 02-25-2010, 04:52 PM   #313
doberbeagle
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
Outstanding service at Revzilla

Just wanted to let you all know that if you're considering purchasing Rev'It! gear, or others for that matter, you owe it to yourself to check out Revzilla.com. They are the largest Rev'It! dealer in the U.S., and I can tell you first-hand that you will get phenomenal customer service!

I recently spent a good deal of time researching a 3/4-length touring jacket and pants that would give me the best ventilation possible for summer riding, while also being appropriate for the other seasons. There's not much out there, but at one point I stumbled on to the Sirocco from Rev'It (which is now being discontinued).

So I talked to Patrick from Revzilla via e-mail, Nick from Revzilla over the phone, and Anthony, who owns Revzilla, on this forum (he's "Boochzilla"). To say the least, I've been blown away by their service, from their product knowledge to their demeanor to their follow-through.

I spoke to Nick on the phone for close to a half-hour, throwing all kinds of questions at him about the Rev'It! jackets and pants, as well as those of other vendors. He listened well to every question and concern I had, and gave me thorough, honest answers; he REALLY knew his stuff! Most impressive to me was his ability to make all the bullet point highlights that the manufacturers have on their products make sense to me; he patiently explained their differences and how they related to what I was looking for.

I later had about a 20-message dialogue on here with Anthony, and it quickly became apparent why people like Nick and Patrick are so helpful, and why Revzilla is so good: it starts from the top.

Anthony had me get him my measurements as called for by Rev'It, to ensure proper fitment. He too explained differences in the various products, and from my questions, was able to wittle it down to what would be the best products for me in jackets, pants and even upgraded armor.

Every time I fired off a question, he responded right away with clear and honest answers. And he continued to do so when I invariably later remembered something I'd forgotten to ask and subsuqently PM'd him yet again!

What really blew me away, though, was what Anthony did in following up on my sizing. I have a slightly funny build, as I am 5'6", but have only a 28" inseam. I had initially been interested in the Mistral pants, but it appeared they are not made in my size. That led to the Dakar, the new Sand and the Turbine.

Anthony made clear to me the different ways in which each of these pants are sized, as well as what would likely be the one best suited for my needs. Then, without my asking, he contacted Rev'It! himself with my measurements, just to make sure he was right about the size I would need for each pant. When he told me that, I was stunned! I haven't known many people to go out of their way like that. It also helped put my mind at ease.

So I finally put in my order for the silver Sirocco jacket-medium, and the silver Sand pants-large/short. At 5'6", 162 pounds, I couldn't believe I was actually ordering a size large pant, but I went with Anthony's recommendation.

When I got home last night, my gear was waiting for me, only two days after I ordered! I suited up immediately, and wouldn't you know, the sizing was DEAD-ON! Perfect fit, and I can't wait to do some long-distance riding in it!

Well, there's my verrrrrrry long story, but I really do feel strongly about the Revzilla experience. To be able to go online and find the multitude of quality gear options they have, along with the thorough product knowledge of all of it, is a rare blessing these days, at least for me. I can't imagine getting more prompt, courteous, honest and knowledgeable service! And I'm getting ready to order my Rev'It! Air jacket for local summer riding from them, along with a rainsuit!

Those are just my two cents, but I wanted to let folks know if you have any interest in Rev'It, or many of the other motorcycle gear vendors, do yourself a favor and give a look to Revzilla!
doberbeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 06:11 AM   #314
O Captain My Captain
Modern Day Walter Mitty

Oddometer: 498
Quote:
Originally Posted by doberbeagle
Just wanted to let you all know that if you're considering purchasing Rev'It! gear, or others for that matter, you owe it to yourself to check out Revzilla.com. They are the largest Rev'It! dealer in the U.S., and I can tell you first-hand that you will get phenomenal customer service!

Those are just my two cents, but I wanted to let folks know if you have any interest in Rev'It, or many of the other motorcycle gear vendors, do yourself a favor and give a look to Revzilla!
This is good to hear, as I plan to take a trip to the Philly store within the next couple of weeks for some pants. Right now I'm eyeing up the Sands, but will need to try them on for proper fitting. They have a great website and are obviously very passionate about the products they sell.
O Captain My Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 04:51 PM   #315
wizze
Wizze = Wise

Oddometer: 902
Hey Anthony

I'm planning on visiting the Philly store during the 2nd week in March. Do you have the Icon Variant helmet to try-on?
wizze is online now   Reply With Quote