User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2009, 01:39 PM   #31
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

Oddometer: 761
REV'IT! Women's Air Jacket

Recently I had a few ladies who read our threads ask for pics of the new REV'IT! Womens Air Jacket.

The Ice Blue Women's Air Jacket just hit the show floor and the other colors are available online now.

Its a more shapely, female specific, cut than last years best-selling unisex model.

You can see the product specs here (http://www.revzilla.com/product/revit-womens-air-jacket)

Also the Flickr gallery is here REVIT Womens Air Jacket Flickr

As requested here are a few of the pics -

Full Frontal

Back Hanging

Back Underarm

'10 Multistrada 1200
'07 R1200GS
'05 Monster S2R
BoochZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 09:21 PM   #32
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

Hi Steve,

Saw your Dragon post, in gear.

The Dragon uses the same Hydratex liner as many of the other REV'IT! products. The only reason REV'IT doesn't use Gore-Tex is because BMW gear currently has the Gore-Tex license for motorcycle clothing.

The Dragon has been very well received so far, especially with the Hi-Vis colorway. Think of it as an more economical Cayenne without some of the bells and whistles.

The windproof / waterproof / breathable qualities on the Dragon are on par with any of the other higher end REV'IT! gear. I am sure if anyone else shot you a line they would echo my thoughts.

Let me know if you would like me to dive deeper into how the membrane actually works its "magic" Rest assured it won't leak, though.

You can see it on our site here. We ship free from Philadelphia.

http://www.revzilla.com/product/revit-dragon-jacket

Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjc56

Anyone have one yet? Looks nice, price not to high. Not sure I'm sold yet on having a waterproof liner though.
RevZilla.com - REV'IT! & ADV Gear Thread

'10 Multistrada 1200
'07 R1200GS
'05 Monster S2R

BoochZilla screwed with this post 03-16-2009 at 09:27 PM
Old 03-17-2009, 12:13 AM   #33
Curvesurfer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 356
What's the closest thing to a mens' version of the Angel jacket? My SO has the latter, and I love the styling and materials.

I don't need acres of mesh, nor the bulk/overkill of the Cayenne.

While we're at it, is there a "non-winter" version that matches the style of the Tempest?

Finally, i'd prefer the various liners to be sold separately. I have more liners than I can count (including 2 from an Ignition) and prefer electric liners when it gets cold.
'95 900SS SP
Curvesurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 07:33 AM   #34
sjc56
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,110
Thanks Anthony, I like to check one out. I do have a Local dealer here in CT who carry's The Rev'it line. But they do not have the Dragon yet. Will the outer shell hold up to a light rain? Can you treat it with Scotch Guard, Nix-wash to give it some water repellence?

sjc56 screwed with this post 03-17-2009 at 07:41 AM
sjc56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 08:49 AM   #35
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

Hi Curvesurfer,

Good questions.

Re: Jackets -

The original counterpart for the Angel was the Devil, but it was released in '06 and has been phased out. There are 2 jackets, one new (Dragon) and one an '06 model (Lab) which fall into the range and style you are looking.

REV'IT! just came out with the REVIT Dragon Jacket which is the 4-season, restyled, but economical option. It is slated to go head to head with the Olympia AST and comes in a Hi-Vis Yellow color option. It has a removable wind / waterproof Hydratex liner and a removable thermal liner. The breathable wind / water liner is styled to be worn as a windbreaker on its own. The price is $299.99, which is designed for the serious rider who doesn't need all of the bells and whistles of the Cayenne Pro. It is a hip length jacket.

Here is a link HI-RES REVIT Dragon Pictures on our Flickr.

The other option is the REVIT Lab Jacket. This is also a 4- season option with dual removable liners (thermal and waterproof). The Lab came out in 2006 and there are only a few sizes and colors left, that is the only reason it is on closeout. I actually have one, the reason I bought it, aside form needing a 4-season coat, is the fit and style. It is a textile with a fit like a leather, very slim and proceeds well below the waist. The cost of the Lab is $229.99. Size availability may be spotty, but if you find your size it is a steal.

The other REV'IT! textile options are either, differently styled, mesh composite or significantly more expensive.

Re: Gloves -

The "non-winter Tempest" option would be the Zenith H20 Glove. It has a thinner fleece liner and is completely waterproof and breathable via the Hydratex liner. It is meant for warmer 3-season riding. Obviously in the dead of summer somthing like the REVIT Monster in perfed leather would be your best bet. I am not a fan of mesh gloves and I find the perf leather does a great job ventilating and protecting. I have had the same pair of Monsters for a few seasons, and I low-sided in them last year and they did their job with only minimal wear.

Re: Liners-

The separately sold liners is a tough one. The cut of the REV'IT coats are many times different from one another and their goal is always to have gear layers fit snugly and seamlessly with one another. Hence the inclusion of liner systems on many jackets.

The new REVIT Turbine Jacket does not come with a liner and many folks are opting to pick up a REVIT Digital or REVIT Omega base layer to get more than just summer riding out of the Turbine.

As garment technology gets better, I don't doubt that you will start to see more sandwich liners and intergrated liner systems to eliminate liner system "complexities" moving forward.

Re: Heated Liners -

We should have Gerbing's in the next few months. For now we have heated gear from FirstGear and Tour Master. They are put together in an unincumbering style which should work with many other brands.

Let me know what else I could (further) expand on ;-)

I am always happy to answer good questions such as these.

Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curvesurfer
What's the closest thing to a mens' version of the Angel jacket? My SO has the latter, and I love the styling and materials.

I don't need acres of mesh, nor the bulk/overkill of the Cayenne.

While we're at it, is there a "non-winter" version that matches the style of the Tempest?

Finally, i'd prefer the various liners to be sold separately. I have more liners than I can count (including 2 from an Ignition) and prefer electric liners when it gets cold.

'10 Multistrada 1200
'07 R1200GS
'05 Monster S2R

BoochZilla screwed with this post 03-17-2009 at 09:00 AM
Old 03-17-2009, 08:57 AM   #36
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

Hi Steve,

We have them in stock and shipping. We can ship same day 90% of the time from Philadelphia or NJ.

We also do free return shipping on size exchanges for all REV'IT!.

The Dragon is meant to be 4-season all-condition. Light rain won't be a problem. The shell will come with a DWR (Direct Water Repellent) coating which can be replenished with NikWax as necessary to beef up the watershed properties of the outer shell. The inner Hydratex liner will ensure that any water which makes it to the shell will not make it to the body.

I am not sure about Scotchguarding. My gut is that you will not need it. We will see if Badger chimes in with his 2 cents here. The outer shell is meant to be very durable and easy to clean.

Let me know what else I could offer.

Best,

Anthony

Quote:
Thanks Anthony, I like to check one out. I do have a Local dealer here in CT who carry's The Rev'it line. But they do not have the Dragon yet. Will the outer shell hold up to a light rain? Can you treat it with Scotch Guard, Nix-wash to give it some water repellence?

'10 Multistrada 1200
'07 R1200GS
'05 Monster S2R
Old 03-17-2009, 11:13 AM   #37
sjc56
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,110
Thanks good info. I'm leaning toward the dragon.
Old 03-17-2009, 11:18 AM   #38
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

Np Steve.

If you need help with sizing shoot me a line or give us a ring.

For reference, average build 42R Suit, 5'10" 170lbs is ballpark a Large. I use that as a stake in the ground on sizing. We have charts and take exact measurements from there.

Best,

Anthony

Quote:
Thanks good info. I'm leaning toward the dragon.

'10 Multistrada 1200
'07 R1200GS
'05 Monster S2R
Old 03-20-2009, 09:26 AM   #39
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

TrulyCool

TC,

There really isn't a bad jacket in the bunch. I think its a style / cost decision really. The leather has some additional protective benefits over the 100% textile jacket.

If you are not set on a leather, the REVIT Dragon is a beautiful Jacket and its very functional. Think of it as a baby version of the REVIT Cayenne Pro - without Superfabric, Exkin and SAS-Tec Armor - all super-high end features. So if you don't need a Dakar / Baja level of bombproofing but would like a 4-season coat which will last for a long time - its hard to beat it at $299.

Regarding the Leathers - aside from the REVIT Ignition using slightly nicer leather and having dynax mesh on the front and back- The Scorpion XDR Shock and the Ignition are very similar. The Ignition will perform significantly better in warm conditions when ventilation becomes a paramount issue.

A key difference is that the Mesh causes the Ignition to fall in the 3 season category, while the non-mesh upper of the Scorpion places it in the 4 season category with the Dragon.

If you want a bombproof 3-season leather with mesh - the Ignition is the winner. If Zipper vents are fine and bang for the buck is most important, the Scorpion is a high-end coat which provides great value.

As I said earlier - there is no loser here. These are all awesome coats. I have a Ducati and wear a black Ignition size 54 here in Philadelphia almost year round for my city riding.

Let me know if there is anything else I could offer.

Best,

Anthony Bucci

Quote:
Originally Posted by trulycool
Which do you guys think is the best buy for the money?

Personally it would appear to me that the XDR Shock is the best all around buy for the money, but maybe I am missing something...

http://www.revzilla.com/product/scor...erproof-jacket

http://www.revzilla.com/product/revit-dragon-jacket

http://www.revzilla.com/product/revi...leather-jacket

'10 Multistrada 1200
'07 R1200GS
'05 Monster S2R

BoochZilla screwed with this post 03-20-2009 at 09:58 AM
Old 03-27-2009, 04:37 AM   #40
Badger278
GS FTW

Oddometer: 203
The only issue with scotchguard is that it may make the exterior a little "shiny" and will decrease the breathability of the jacket slightly. It will not harm the jacket.

I prefer the Nikwax spray on DWR or if you want increased waterproofing (at the cost of lower breathability) you can use the Nikwax tent and gear waterproofer.

Keep in mind that waterproofing the outershell will increase water shedding, and limit absorbtion, but it will not make the jacket waterproof. Waterproofing requires the zip out innerlining. The main reason is that water will make it's way through the seams in the outershell, where the liner is fully seam sealed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoochZilla
Hi Steve,

We have them in stock and shipping. We can ship same day 90% of the time from Philadelphia or NJ.

We also do free return shipping on size exchanges for all REV'IT!.

The Dragon is meant to be 4-season all-condition. Light rain won't be a problem. The shell will come with a DWR (Direct Water Repellent) coating which can be replenished with NikWax as necessary to beef up the watershed properties of the outer shell. The inner Hydratex liner will ensure that any water which makes it to the shell will not make it to the body.

I am not sure about Scotchguarding. My gut is that you will not need it. We will see if Badger chimes in with his 2 cents here. The outer shell is meant to be very durable and easy to clean.

Let me know what else I could offer.

Best,

Anthony

2010 R1200GSA 30 Years Edition
2009 HRC RS125 (race bike)
"It all started with that damb BMX bike" Mom
Badger278 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 12:00 AM   #41
Curvesurfer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 356
thanks for the orientation! a Google search of the Devil and Lab suggest they more to my liking than the current models...looks like i waited too long to buy!
'95 900SS SP
Curvesurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 08:34 AM   #42
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

Hey Curve,

We should have a Lab or two left. We bought a ton of them before they went completely out of stock.

REVIT Lab Jacket

All of our Inventory is updated daily in-real time. We do not take back-orders, so 99% of the time, if you can put your size and color in the cart, it can ship within 24 hours.

I personally have a lab. The snug fit is the best part.

Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curvesurfer
thanks for the orientation! a Google search of the Devil and Lab suggest they more to my liking than the current models...looks like i waited too long to buy!

'10 Multistrada 1200
'07 R1200GS
'05 Monster S2R
Old 03-30-2009, 10:16 AM   #43
Ballbearing
Adventurer

Oddometer: 70
Where does the Sirocco fit in?

Also, how long is the jacket overall top to bottom? It appears to be quite a bit longer than the Cayenne and I remember reading that it is sometimes too long for certain individuals. I currently wear a Joe Rocket ballistic and the length seems about right on that jacket.
Old 03-30-2009, 10:57 AM   #44
HowlingMad
drags knuckles

Oddometer: 1,350
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoochZilla
Recently I had a few ladies who read our threads ask for pics of the new REV'IT! Womens Air Jacket.

Its a more shapely, female specific, cut than last years best-selling unisex model.
My wife loves her Air jacket. We could never find one that actually fit her since most coats really don't seem made for women, but this one's perfect.

She did a writeup here if anyone's interested.

Revzilla are great people to deal with BTW.

HowlingMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 12:38 PM   #45
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

2009 REV'IT Gear

EDIT: Relocated this original post to the middle of the thread to adjust first post.

Hey Everyone,

Recently at RevZilla we got a hold of some of the 2009 REV'IT! lineup that we wanted to share as we got them. I have seen the '09 gear more than once and we are excited about it from a functional and application standpoint.

The few holes in the lineup in 2008 were filled in with some nice additions for 2009. We will also be carrying the whole 2009 line in our Philadelphia store.

We have a Flickr account located here where we post the highest RES shots and will be releasing them as we have them available.

We are hoping to use this thread to orient the riding community on any questions regarding the new or current REV'IT! lineup as well as feature new products.

That being said -

We have been asked a ton lately for shots of the hot weather Turbine Pants Mesh Pants so we thought it best to start with those.

2/27/09 EDIT: The final production version ended up with PRO-LIFE (CE Level 2) instead of SAS-TEC. We just found out. Sorry for the confusion.

Featuring Super Fabric, Pro Life (CE Level 2) Armor and a 3 layer waterproof / windproof detachable membrane. Think Cayenne Pro Pants with Mesh composite and air conditioning cranked to 10. These are the most bombproof ventilated pants we've seen.

Turbine Front

Turbine Front Open - 2 Removable Layers

Leg Front Closed

Leg Front Open Cuff

Turbine Back Full

The Turbine is slated to come in a black Style as well as ladies version.

The Full Flickr Set is here

I am more than happy to answer any questions. Looking forward to getting my hands on my pair this spring. We are taking pre-orders.

Anthony

'10 Multistrada 1200
'07 R1200GS
'05 Monster S2R