Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-06-2011, 07:32 AM   #736
RevZilla
Best on Two Wheels!

Oddometer: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by madjbs View Post
How come some dealers outside the USA are selling the Ignition 2 Jacket and Gear 2 Pants? Are these next years models and are they much better than the current model? When will Revzilla have these in stock?
The Ignition 2 and Gear 2 are part of REV'IT!'s Spring 2012 collection and are not available yet. If they are being advertised early by dealers outside of the US, they are prematurely promoting a product that is not yet in stock. Typically, new REV'IT! collections start to show late February / early March.
Cheers,
Ali
StaffZilla

RevZilla Gear Discussion / Q&A
RevZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 02:59 AM   #737
T-cosmic
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 274
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevZilla View Post
Based off your measurements, I would recommend a XXL jacket and a XXL tall pant. As you may have already gathered, the REV'IT! brand runs Euro (as in small), so while you might typically be an XL in everything else, REV'IT! slimmer profile is going to require you to size up.
Cheers,
Ali
Staffzilla
Tnx a lot. I guess i'll still do 1kkm in order to be sure.
Cheers.

Old 12-08-2011, 08:10 AM   #738
Beast Rider
Beast Rider

Oddometer: 1,400
Hi Folks, I am thinking of getting the Revit Defender GTX Jacket and pants. You mentioned in your videos on your website that there was an upgraded back protector and hip protectors that were available.. Is that the case and do you just replace the standard ones before you ship the jacket and pants....Also where is the closest place to Washington DC that I could look at the product....I know you have a place in Phili....but thats a haul since I am 60 miles south of DC....Thx
Old 12-08-2011, 03:20 PM   #739
RevZilla
Best on Two Wheels!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beast Rider View Post
Hi Folks, I am thinking of getting the Revit Defender GTX Jacket and pants. You mentioned in your videos on your website that there was an upgraded back protector and hip protectors that were available.. Is that the case and do you just replace the standard ones before you ship the jacket and pants....Also where is the closest place to Washington DC that I could look at the product....I know you have a place in Phili....but thats a haul since I am 60 miles south of DC....Thx
The Defender GTX takes the SaS-Tec Back Protector and SaS-Tec Hip pads. Please note the SaS-Tec Back Protector is size-specific for the Defender Jacket. Both armor upgrades are purchased separately, so when placing your order, be sure to check the SaS-Tec sizing chart for the proper size for your Defender Jacket. Hip pads are only one size. We can ship them along with your jacket and pants, but you install them.
We ship REV'IT products across the US, but we only have one retail location here in Philadelphia. If you are unsure about size, I would be happy to make a recommendation. I've been fitting folks in REV'IT! gear for nearly 7 years. As for finish and quality, the Defender setup is top notch.
Cheers,
Ali

Old 12-08-2011, 04:45 PM   #740
Beast Rider
Beast Rider

Thx Ali...will call in the AM....
Old 12-09-2011, 09:16 AM   #741
RevZilla
Best on Two Wheels!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beast Rider View Post
Thx Ali...will call in the AM....
Beast Rider - Please let me know how you like your setup or if you have any additional questions. I'm happy to help.

Cheers,
Ali

Old 12-09-2011, 04:59 PM   #742
Beast Rider
Beast Rider

Ali,
Thx will do...I am looking forward to my surprise Christmas present from Ms Beast Rider...
Old 12-14-2011, 04:28 AM   #743
madjbs
n00b

Oddometer: 4
Quote:
The Ignition 2 and Gear 2 are part of REV'IT!'s Spring 2012 collection and are not available yet. If they are being advertised early by dealers outside of the US, they are prematurely promoting a product that is not yet in stock. Typically, new REV'IT! collections start to show late February / early March.
Cheers,
Ali
StaffZilla
I bought the Ignition 2 and Gear 2 pants. They seem good although now i'm a little worried they must be dealer samples or something and therefore probably don't have a warranty etc..
madjbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 05:03 PM   #744
Beast Rider
Beast Rider

Ali, Thx ...got the Revit Jacket and pants today....they are great....but I need the next size up for both...Left a voice mail but it was after your hours of operation. Not sure if you are open tomorrow....Let me know how I should ship back and get the XXL....Thanks Ali.
Old 12-20-2011, 04:30 PM   #745
Beast Rider
Beast Rider

Thanks

Got the new size and both pants and jacket fit perfectly....great service by the way....ohhh....this was supposed to be a surprise present....what outfit?????
Old 12-21-2011, 07:23 AM   #746
msgvb

Oddometer: 272
Which REV'IT or Dainese Glove Recommended For Use With Powerlet Heated Liners?

Quote:
Try checking out the Utopia Slayer and Slayer Pro Goggle as these both offer a lower profile and smaller shape versus other goggles available. We have found these to be a great fit in MX helmets with tighter eye-ports.
Patrick
Missed this one when you first replied - thanks for the info! those look like a good fit. fairly subtle, as well.

Quote:
Ken -
The fitting shape of the Dirt glove and the Alaska glove are quite similar. If you were going to wear the Alaska gloves without your heated liners, I would recommend the same size, XXL. Putting a glove liner on underneath will likely require you to go up one size to XYL. I have noticed the material used in the glove liners doesn't move smoothly against the liner of the glove and cause bunching if your (outer) glove is too snug. I just tested with my REV'IT! Tempest gloves and a Powerlet Heated glove liner and confirmed I would need to go up one size in order to accommodate the heated liner.
I know this is an older question, but a timely one for me - I'm interested in the Powerlet/Glove combo

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaChayalBoded View Post
If I may interject. If your winter gloves are so snug that a liner does not fit then they may not work well for you in the cold. Unlike a race or summer glove a winter glove should not be so tight fitting. Something just a hair loose would keep you much warmer as the trapped air in the glove will circulate warm air produced by your own hand.
Tight fitting gloves in the winter kill you two ways, one, no trapped air to keep you warm, two the tight glove cuts off circulation making you even colder.
and yes, agreed, and I can attest to this problem first hand, even just in low 40s.

in addition, I am considering picking up some rubber slip-on covers for my levers. I find that the levers become viciously cold in the winter, and the cold soaks right through my gloves. heated grips just don't cut it in my case; fingers never get warm again once this starts, and Hippo Hands hand protector/wind deflectors don't help much either.

I'm hoping that the Powerlet glove liners with a one size up outer protective glove will allow me to ride more comfortably this season. Just need to find a nice glove.

So, which REV'IT or Dainese gloves do you guys recommend for use with the Powerlet heated liners in cold weather?

Do you recommend a shortie glove for use with the liners due to the bulky power connector?
Looks like that might get in the way; does it? I'm surprised they didn't go with a leader-wire design instead...

msgvb screwed with this post 12-21-2011 at 07:32 AM
msgvb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 04:35 PM   #747
RevZilla
Best on Two Wheels!

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgvb View Post
Missed this one when you first replied - thanks for the info! those look like a good fit. fairly subtle, as well.

I know this is an older question, but a timely one for me - I'm interested in the Powerlet/Glove combo

and yes, agreed, and I can attest to this problem first hand, even just in low 40s.

in addition, I am considering picking up some rubber slip-on covers for my levers. I find that the levers become viciously cold in the winter, and the cold soaks right through my gloves. heated grips just don't cut it in my case; fingers never get warm again once this starts, and Hippo Hands hand protector/wind deflectors don't help much either.

I'm hoping that the Powerlet glove liners with a one size up outer protective glove will allow me to ride more comfortably this season. Just need to find a nice glove.

So, which REV'IT or Dainese gloves do you guys recommend for use with the Powerlet heated liners in cold weather?

Do you recommend a shortie glove for use with the liners due to the bulky power connector?
Looks like that might get in the way; does it? I'm surprised they didn't go with a leader-wire design instead...
I recommend the REV'IT! Bastion or Alaska glove in REV'IT!'s Gore-Tex Winter Glove collection. I think they are cut to work well with the Glove Liner. One other glove that might be interesting is the REV'IT! Phantom GTX Glove. If you are using a heated liner for warmth, then the Phantom GTX will keep you safe and dry. The Phantom uses Gore-Tex X-trafit technology, which keeps the internal linings in place, simply put. Please note the Phantom is not insulated, so without the heated liners, it will be cold in temperatures below the mid 50's.

Cheers,
Ali
TeamZilla

Old 12-22-2011, 08:09 AM   #748
msgvb

Oddometer: 272
Thanks Ali - with the Bastion or Alaska, you still recommend going 1 size larger than regular glove size if being used with something like the Powerlet liner?

Quote:
I recommend the REV'IT! Bastion or Alaska glove in REV'IT!'s Gore-Tex Winter Glove collection. I think they are cut to work well with the Glove Liner. One other glove that might be interesting is the REV'IT! Phantom GTX Glove. If you are using a heated liner for warmth, then the Phantom GTX will keep you safe and dry. The Phantom uses Gore-Tex X-trafit technology, which keeps the internal linings in place, simply put. Please note the Phantom is not insulated, so without the heated liners, it will be cold in temperatures below the mid 50's.

Cheers,
Ali
TeamZilla
Old 12-22-2011, 08:25 AM   #749
RevZilla
Best on Two Wheels!

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgvb View Post
Thanks Ali - with the Bastion or Alaska, you still recommend going 1 size larger than regular glove size if being used with something like the Powerlet liner?
I do recommend going up one size if you are using a glove liner. I know there has been some discussion about how winter gloves should fit and I agree with the general consensus that a little extra room is a good thing. My Tempest H2O gloves fit me perfectly with no liner, but when I tried them on with the liner, I found that I needed to go up one size. It's difficult to predict exactly how a glove will fit until you try them on, but with all things considered here, best bet is to size up.
Cheers,
Ali
TeamZilla

Old 12-22-2011, 09:34 PM   #750
kion
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 189
Rev'IT size

I had the REV'IT! Cayenne Pro jacket and pants in medium size. I trashed them in a accident this fall and I decided to get another pair. But the new one feels a bit larger than the old one. It's true I lost couple pounds but still. Did Rev'it make them a little roomier for the american crowd?
kion is offline   Reply With Quote