Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-29-2012, 12:52 PM   #841
RevZilla
Best on Two Wheels!

Oddometer: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by juames View Post
Howdy! Have a question for you about boots...

For comfort, protection, and durability would you go for the Fox F3R or the TCX Pro 1.1?

Thxs...
Hi Juames,

The Fox F3R and the TCX Pro 1.1 are highly comparable. I would say the Fox boot has a slight comfort advantage, but for protection and durability, they are very similar.

Cheers,
Ali
TeamZilla

RevZilla Gear Discussion / Q&A
RevZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 12:57 PM   #842
RevZilla
Best on Two Wheels!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac_elite View Post
Greetings,

I am looking at purchasing a Badland pro jacket size XL and the website shows out of stock, do you know when the jacket will be available again?

Thank you,
Hi ac_elite,

The Black version of the Badlands Pro Jacket is in stock now. The Grey version has an ETA of July. You can enter your email address on that product on our website to be automatically notified as soon as they are in stock, if you wanted to wait for the Grey version.
Cheers,
Ali
TeamZilla

Old 05-29-2012, 03:46 PM   #843
tridor
Adventurer

Oddometer: 25
incredible service

What a great bunch of guys. I purchased the revit defender back in the spring and a week before the memorial day weekend purchased the pants. I didn't know about the annual sale on that weekend and ask for a store credit equal to the sale price and it was granted with no problems. Excellent service and the staff are patient with all my dumb questions. As to the gear, I couldn't be happier, in both rain and heat the defender performs flawlessly. I wear it everyday for my commute and it is the best outfit I have owned. Great team Anthony, you really know the meaning of customer service and practice it, not just talk about it. I definitely will continue to be a repeat customer and promoter to my riding buddies.

Regards,

Joe
tridor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 07:21 AM   #844
RevZilla
Best on Two Wheels!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tridor View Post
What a great bunch of guys. I purchased the revit defender back in the spring and a week before the memorial day weekend purchased the pants. I didn't know about the annual sale on that weekend and ask for a store credit equal to the sale price and it was granted with no problems. Excellent service and the staff are patient with all my dumb questions. As to the gear, I couldn't be happier, in both rain and heat the defender performs flawlessly. I wear it everyday for my commute and it is the best outfit I have owned. Great team Anthony, you really know the meaning of customer service and practice it, not just talk about it. I definitely will continue to be a repeat customer and promoter to my riding buddies.

Regards,

Joe
Hi Joe,
Thank you for the praise. We do our best to provide the best customer service possible. Please don't hesitate to ask if there is anything you need.
Cheers,
Ali
TeamZilla

Old 05-30-2012, 07:24 AM   #845
RevZilla
Best on Two Wheels!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodline View Post
Thanks, Ali. The softer armor fixed the problem for her. You guys and gals are great.
Hi Bloodline,

I'm so happy to hear the replacement armor solved the issue.

Happy Riding,
Ali
TeamZilla

Old 05-30-2012, 09:28 AM   #846
Parx400
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,602
Cayanne vs Sand Pants

So here is my Dilemma. Right now I have some Revit Sand Pants 2XL normal length. I need the Long really bad. I ordered some close out Cayenne pants from FCMoto in Germany because there are none left in this size in the US. Its took 30 days to get here and the Nice people at USPS said the address was wrong on the box and returned it to Germany.They didn't even hold it for 24 hours and when I went there today it was already sent back. I am not happy.

So my Question is are the Cayenne pants really any better than the sand? I'm ready to just cancel my order and get some Sand Pants from someone in the US in 2xl Long. For you Revit Experts, which pair would be cooler in the summer, sand or Cayenne? One of the reasons I wanted the Cayenne pants was it appears they had stretch panels in the crotch. I have kind big legs and this would help me a bit. With all the liners in my pants are a bit tight there. Anyways please let me know s I can make a choice here. Thanks.
Parx400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 03:38 PM   #847
RevZilla
Best on Two Wheels!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parx400 View Post
So here is my Dilemma. Right now I have some Revit Sand Pants 2XL normal length. I need the Long really bad. I ordered some close out Cayenne pants from FCMoto in Germany because there are none left in this size in the US. Its took 30 days to get here and the Nice people at USPS said the address was wrong on the box and returned it to Germany.They didn't even hold it for 24 hours and when I went there today it was already sent back. I am not happy.

So my Question is are the Cayenne pants really any better than the sand? I'm ready to just cancel my order and get some Sand Pants from someone in the US in 2xl Long. For you Revit Experts, which pair would be cooler in the summer, sand or Cayenne? One of the reasons I wanted the Cayenne pants was it appears they had stretch panels in the crotch. I have kind big legs and this would help me a bit. With all the liners in my pants are a bit tight there. Anyways please let me know s I can make a choice here. Thanks.
Hi Parx400,
The Cayenne Pro pants have some tangible upgrades over the Sand Pants, however, the Sand Pants are a great runner up for the cost savings and nearly the same function. Most of the upgrades you see in the Cayenne Pro are with the materials used in their construction, such as SaS-Tec Armor, Super Fabric, Exkin Air insulation and 1000D Cordura.
For summer weather, I think the Sand have a slight advantage over the Cayenne Pro, simply because the outer fabric is a little lighter weight in comparison to the Cayenne Pro. The venting configuration is in the same place in both pants. The stretch panel in the Cayenne Pro is a great feature, but there is a gusset panel in the crotch of the Sand pant that makes it easier to throw your leg over the bike. As far as sizing, even with the stretch panels, I think the thigh circumference is the same in both pants. Going up one size should help ease some of the tightness you feel in the legs.
Cheers,
Ali
TeamZilla

Old 06-19-2012, 08:48 AM   #848
Phat Ham
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 244
Hi. I'm looking for a jacket for winter commuting on a Buell Lightning. Right now I have an Olympia AST which gets the job done but the 3/4 length doesn't really work for me. The sportyish riding position pushes the front of the jacket up, and combined with the already generously cut dimensions of the AST makes the whole thing very bulky and uncomfortable. I really want something with a waterproof shell, not an internal liner. The Rev'it Horizon looks like it might work, but I'm wondering if the length will be an issue. From looking at pictures I get the impression Rev'it's 3/4 length jackets are more like 5/8. Would I be better off with something like a First Gear TPG Teton (which makes me worry that it'll be too short and let water in)? Or anything else I should look at? I'm a skinny guy so the slimmer fitting stuff will work better.
Phat Ham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 02:24 PM   #849
RevZilla
Best on Two Wheels!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phat Ham View Post
Hi. I'm looking for a jacket for winter commuting on a Buell Lightning. Right now I have an Olympia AST which gets the job done but the 3/4 length doesn't really work for me. The sportyish riding position pushes the front of the jacket up, and combined with the already generously cut dimensions of the AST makes the whole thing very bulky and uncomfortable. I really want something with a waterproof shell, not an internal liner. The Rev'it Horizon looks like it might work, but I'm wondering if the length will be an issue. From looking at pictures I get the impression Rev'it's 3/4 length jackets are more like 5/8. Would I be better off with something like a First Gear TPG Teton (which makes me worry that it'll be too short and let water in)? Or anything else I should look at? I'm a skinny guy so the slimmer fitting stuff will work better.
Hey Ham,
There are many options for sport textiles on the market, but most of the 3-season jackets REV'IT! has to offer right now are more geared towards touring and you might run into the same issues as you've experienced with the AST. REV'IT! has a fit that is more technical than the Olympia line, but we've seen a jump in their 2012 collection fitting a little less "European" compared to years past. I would suggest taking a look at some of Dainese's offerings. Check out the new Dainese Nico D-Dry jacket. It's got the breathable waterproof D-Dry liner built in and comes with a removable thermal liner.
You are also encouraged to give our Gear Geeks a call to help walk you through more suggestions.
Cheers,
Ali
TeamZilla

Old 06-22-2012, 07:24 PM   #850
Jazz62
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 990
Hi Ali,

I've been in the market for new riding pants for some time. I have always found Revzilla's site and videos very helpful. I'm a jazz musician, have to be uber careful with my money as I'm sure most people have to be these days. I finally decided to pull the trigger on a pair of the Tornado pants from Rev'it because I saw the price had come down to $237 from the last time I was checking them out. I called your store with a question about sizing and to order a pair only to discover that you're closed on Saturdays. I called the following Monday to ask my question and to hopefully place an order. The gentleman on the phone informed me that the price had gone back up to $279, that the 15% price reduction was only good for that Father's Day weekend. The rep on the phone was apologetic but said that Rev'it doesn't allow merchants any leeway in a situation like that. So is there any way to get a head's up the next time Rev'it runs a temporary sale?

Cheers,
Ron
Chicago

Jazz62 screwed with this post 06-22-2012 at 07:49 PM
Jazz62 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 07:38 PM   #851
RydRy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 328
Same situation happend to me, aerostich was open!
RydRy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 06:24 AM   #852
Load Clear
Adventurer

Oddometer: 35
Glove advice

Hi:

Im looking for warm weather riding gloves. Currently, Im in NY and commute on a dr650. Probably 99% on pavement. This time next year I will be back in Arizona and I will be riding 85% off road.

What type of glove should I be looking at? Im no racer but road rash sucks, regardless. I dont know whether I want/need full gauntlet or race gloves, whatever that means.

I tried on a size 10 Held evo thrux. My fingers were at the very tips of the gloves. Thread was between my nail and nail bed. But more so, the wrist cinch was at the base of my thumb and uncomfortable.

In a size 11 Held phantom, the fingers felt like I was wearing welders gloves huge. Would the finger size be the same in a size 11 thrux (or air hero/Agadir). Unfortunately, they do not make 10 .

XL Teknic Violators seem to fit well, but they are pretty bulky and Mad Maxish. Some of the Cortech gloves look ok online. Are they less bulky than the violators?

Id like to stay under $150. Thanks for your help - LC
Load Clear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 10:11 AM   #853
RevZilla
Best on Two Wheels!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Load Clear View Post
Hi:

Im looking for warm weather riding gloves. Currently, Im in NY and commute on a dr650. Probably 99% on pavement. This time next year I will be back in Arizona and I will be riding 85% off road.

What type of glove should I be looking at? Im no racer but road rash sucks, regardless. I dont know whether I want/need full gauntlet or race gloves, whatever that means.

I tried on a size 10 Held evo thrux. My fingers were at the very tips of the gloves. Thread was between my nail and nail bed. But more so, the wrist cinch was at the base of my thumb and uncomfortable.

In a size 11 Held phantom, the fingers felt like I was wearing welders gloves huge. Would the finger size be the same in a size 11 thrux (or air hero/Agadir). Unfortunately, they do not make 10 .

XL Teknic Violators seem to fit well, but they are pretty bulky and Mad Maxish. Some of the Cortech gloves look ok online. Are they less bulky than the violators?

Id like to stay under $150. Thanks for your help - LC
Hey Load Clear,
If you have the time, I'd definitely suggest giving our gear geeks a call to discuss options and sizing. Based off your description, I might suggest the REV'IT! Dirt Glove. I used them while living in NYC, commuting daily on the BQE. They flow a ton of air, but also take some of their protection queue's from the race gauntlet Jerez glove.
If you want to stick to the Held line-up, I would suggest the Sambia glove for on and off-road. They don't offer as much coverage as the REV'IT! Dirt glove, but are also protective. If you go with an all leather option, REV'IT! or Held, you will be too hot riding off road in AZ. I highly suggest sticking with a mesh / leather combo for riding in AZ.
Cheers,
Ali
TeamZilla

Old 06-25-2012, 10:19 AM   #854
RevZilla
Best on Two Wheels!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazz62 View Post
Hi Ali,

I've been in the market for new riding pants for some time. I have always found Revzilla's site and videos very helpful. I'm a jazz musician, have to be uber careful with my money as I'm sure most people have to be these days. I finally decided to pull the trigger on a pair of the Tornado pants from Rev'it because I saw the price had come down to $237 from the last time I was checking them out. I called your store with a question about sizing and to order a pair only to discover that you're closed on Saturdays. I called the following Monday to ask my question and to hopefully place an order. The gentleman on the phone informed me that the price had gone back up to $279, that the 15% price reduction was only good for that Father's Day weekend. The rep on the phone was apologetic but said that Rev'it doesn't allow merchants any leeway in a situation like that. So is there any way to get a head's up the next time Rev'it runs a temporary sale?

Cheers,
Ron
Chicago
Hi Jazz62,
The conditions of the temporary sale are VERY strict. REV'IT! will not allow us to announce the upcoming sale a second before the sale starts, so there was no way for us to inform customers the sale was about to happen. I can tell you those sales happen twice a year, once around Memorial Day and once around Thanksgiving. The specific start times will vary slightly, but if you keep an eye open during that time, you won't miss the next one. In addition, even if our CS staff isn't here to field your calls on a Saturday, you can place orders online 24/7. If you purchase at the sale price and need another size, an exchange won't change the price. Just a heads up for next time.
Cheers,
Ali
TeamZilla

Old 06-26-2012, 09:07 AM   #855
Soberman001
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 758
Friends
I have a 2 yr old Rev'It Cayenne Pro jacket with about 20K miles on it. I love this suit but I must have developed a case of the stupids, because when I first bought the jacket and took it on a 3000mile trip along the US west coast, I remember the otter shell being water resistent without a need for an inner rain liner. Last week, during a medium-light rain here in New Jersey, the jacket soaked through in 2-5mins of suburban driving (25-40mph). When I was in a heavier rain about 2 weeks later, the jacket soaked through in proportionately less time, which means almost immediately.

Did I bump my head and forget that this jacket comes iwth a rain liner which I may have lost in my relocation from Sunny Florida to no-so-sunny New Jersey? I have the thermo liner but don't remember the need to ride with the rain liner all the time when commuting.

As background, I have never machine washed or dry cleaned the jacket. It was hand washed once with gentle cleanser and relatively cool water (garden hose).

I swear the shell worked as a stand alone jacket?? Am I getting too old and forgetful, or did something in the suit give out?

Thanks for the reminder guys!!
Soberman001 is offline   Reply With Quote