ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-27-2012, 10:46 AM   #886
OR400
Gnarly Adventurer
 
OR400's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: Bend Or
Oddometer: 132
sizing

I noticed you have 2xl in the cayenne pro on sale. I tried on an XL Sand which was tight in the shoulders with all the liners on but OK without liners. I would probably just use heated liner anyways. I am 6"1 200 lbs with shoulders that always get in my way for fitting things. Would love to buy a close out but wondering if it is going to be way to baggy in the midsection.
Thanks
OR400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 01:51 AM   #887
KLRelik
n00b
 
Joined: Jun 2012
Oddometer: 1
Anyone know when the Revit Airwave Pants will be back in stock? Need an XL standard in grey. Saw most all sizes out of stock and even through other vendors.

Thx,
Eddy
KLRelik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 05:32 AM   #888
FiveG
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Connecticut, USA
Oddometer: 150
Rev'It Jerez Gloves

I know these aren't typically Advrider gear, but some of us "go both ways"

I know the Jerez gloves are designed for race-type situations, but how well do they handle getting wet, if you're wearing them for some distance and nature decides to be a mother?
__________________
--------------
I hope you succeed, but no matter what happens, Godzilla will win.

"Steve Martin," Godzilla (1985)
FiveG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 11:35 AM   #889
jms415
KTM disciple
 
jms415's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: San Francisco, the land of no-dirt
Oddometer: 67
Forcefield elbow guards

I bought the Forcefield Body Armour Extreme Adventure Harness and I didn't like the elbow pads. I used them about 10 times. They are practically brand new. These things are really well built too, the whole suit cost over $400 new. Anyone want to pay $40+shipping and they are yours...

I may have some knee pads too, but not sure if I am gonna use the Asterisks instead.

PM me if interested.

Matt
__________________
10 450 EXC Plated Champs Edition....
99 ZXR-1100 for ripping on the road...
jms415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 11:59 AM   #890
RevZilla
Best on Two Wheels!
 
RevZilla's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2011
Location: iladelphia
Oddometer: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by OR400 View Post
I noticed you have 2xl in the cayenne pro on sale. I tried on an XL Sand which was tight in the shoulders with all the liners on but OK without liners. I would probably just use heated liner anyways. I am 6"1 200 lbs with shoulders that always get in my way for fitting things. Would love to buy a close out but wondering if it is going to be way to baggy in the midsection.
Thanks
Hi OR400,
The Cayenne Pro fits slightly more snug than the Sand Jacket. If the XL Sand was a bit snug, I would suggest the 2XL in the Cayenne Pro jacket. The Cayenne Pro doesn't have the double waist cinch that the Sand Jacket does, but it has a single waist cinch and a draw cord at the hem. Lastly, even though it's a closeout, you can still return it to us for a full refund if you find it's not the right fit. If you have time, I'm sure our Gear Geeks can address any additional questions you have on sizing.
Cheers,
Ali
TeamZilla
__________________
RevZilla.com | The Best on Two Wheels

RevZilla Gear Discussion / Q&A
RevZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 12:01 PM   #891
RevZilla
Best on Two Wheels!
 
RevZilla's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2011
Location: iladelphia
Oddometer: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLRelik View Post
Anyone know when the Revit Airwave Pants will be back in stock? Need an XL standard in grey. Saw most all sizes out of stock and even through other vendors.

Thx,
Eddy
Hi Eddy,
Give us a call asap. I checked inventory, and can confirm we have one pair in our Philadelphia location as of 2pm Friday afternoon.
Cheers,
Ali
TeamZilla
__________________
RevZilla.com | The Best on Two Wheels

RevZilla Gear Discussion / Q&A
RevZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 12:11 PM   #892
RevZilla
Best on Two Wheels!
 
RevZilla's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2011
Location: iladelphia
Oddometer: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveG View Post
I know these aren't typically Advrider gear, but some of us "go both ways"

I know the Jerez gloves are designed for race-type situations, but how well do they handle getting wet, if you're wearing them for some distance and nature decides to be a mother?
Hey FiveG,
I have a pair of Jerez gloves, but I only use them on the track. They have what I would call a "race fit" and after a long day in the saddle, might not be as comfortable as a touring style glove. In addition, the double velcro cuff takes a bit longer to get in and out of. On the protection side, these are one of the best gloves on the market, and despite my earlier comment, are one of the more comfortable race gloves in that category. They can handle a little wet weather, but I would not recommend using in prolonged rain.
Cheers,
Ali
TeamZilla
__________________
RevZilla.com | The Best on Two Wheels

RevZilla Gear Discussion / Q&A
RevZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 01:28 AM   #893
Guy Jinbaiquerre
Monorail Conductor
 
Guy Jinbaiquerre's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Oddometer: 1,222
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevZilla View Post
Excellent news, Guy. Happy we can help, as always. Please let us know what you think of the two sizes once you've tried them both on. I have a feeling the size medium is going to be the winner.
~Ali
Well, I finally got everything all sorted out.

I ended up ordering the Horizon pants, too, so I would have a "suit" I could wear for touring. Usually, I take a size 50 in Rev'it, but the Horizon stuff is only in letter sizes. I think I'm in-between letter sizes, so I looked at not only the medium and large jackets, but also the large short, medium short, and medium regular pants...

All of it fit, more or less, and I wasn't sure which jacket and pants to keep. Your customer service rep Ed helped me out by suggesting that I should go with the large jacket if I would be wearing it in the winter with other clothes under it. He also suggested going with the medium regular pants (which have the longest inseam of the three, at 80cm, vs. 75cm for the large short and 73cm for the medium short) to fit better when I sit on the bike and also to leave enough material to let the velcro cuffs make a good seal around my boots, keeping cold winter air from blowing up my legs. (The large short was just too big for me in the waist, but I thought its inseam was a better fit for me than the medium.)

Note that at least for the Horizon pants, the size chart on your website is wrong. It shows the medium regular and large short as having the same inseam length. But with a tape measure, I measured the medium regular as 5cm longer in the legs than the large short, and the difference is obvious when you try both of them on.

Also, I don't agree with the Horizon jacket video on your website, when it says that the Horizon jacket is so much roomier that someone can go down a size from what they wore in previous Rev'it gear (but I'm not going to issue any challenges to Anthony this time! ).

I've always been a Rev'it size 50, and the large (50-52) Horizon jacket was the right fit for me. Sure, I could squeeze into the medium jacket -- it wasn't absolutely too small -- but it was a very snug fit, noticeably tight in the armpits and across the chest. With the liner in, it left no room for anything under it besides a thin base layer. The medium would really only make sense if I were going to ride without the liner all the time AND I wanted a very snug fit.

If Rev'it ever asks you guys for customer feedback, I would say that I wish they made more of their stuff in number sizes (48, 50, 52, etc.) instead of letter sizes. Makes it so much easier to get a good fit!

Thanks, Ali.
__________________
IBA # 42657
96 Honda XR250 Baja
09 BMW R1200GS Adventure ・ 09 KTM 990 SMT (sold) ・ 97 Honda X4 ・ 95 Kawasaki ZZR400 (sold)
Guy Jinbaiquerre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 01:01 PM   #894
montanaman
Traveler
 
montanaman's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2003
Location: CA,AZ,MT..USA
Oddometer: 171
Turbine pants question..

I am thinking about getting the Turbine pants to compliment my new Cayenne Pro jacket. I realize they are two different animals as far as temperatures go but are they more of an over-lap than it might seem? The Cayenne Pro pants are sold out and so far I am blown away by the Cayenne pro jacket and I want a Rev-it pant that wont break the bank. ( They are on close out right now)

With rain liner in what do we think the temperature range is for the Turbine pant? I do most of my riding in So Cal and Arizona so rain-proof and super warm is that important. Will the silver color match up well with the grey/green Cayenne jacket?
__________________
Quit dreaming, get on and start living.
montanaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 11:39 AM   #895
RevZilla
Best on Two Wheels!
 
RevZilla's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2011
Location: iladelphia
Oddometer: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by montanaman View Post
I am thinking about getting the Turbine pants to compliment my new Cayenne Pro jacket. I realize they are two different animals as far as temperatures go but are they more of an over-lap than it might seem? The Cayenne Pro pants are sold out and so far I am blown away by the Cayenne pro jacket and I want a Rev-it pant that wont break the bank. ( They are on close out right now)

With rain liner in what do we think the temperature range is for the Turbine pant? I do most of my riding in So Cal and Arizona so rain-proof and super warm is that important. Will the silver color match up well with the grey/green Cayenne jacket?
Hey Montanaman,
Many folks pair the Cayenne Pro jacket with the Turbine Pants. They actually use the same materials, so the colors will match up well. The Turbine pants with the liner in are probably good to the mid-50's or so, but that hugely depends on your personal temperature tolerance. The Turbine will out-perform the Cayenne Pro jacket in the warmer end of the spectrum, but I would say they can comfortably go up to 90 degrees.
One more issue of note with the Turbine pants, the SuperFabric on the knees can scratch your fairing. If you are riding a naked bike or a GS, you should be fine. I have used the Turbine pants (ladies version, of course) on my GS1200 with no scratching issues.
Other than the fairing-compatibility thing, the Turbine pants are rock solid, super protective mesh pant, and really a shame REV'IT! discontinued them.
Cheers,
Ali
__________________
RevZilla.com | The Best on Two Wheels

RevZilla Gear Discussion / Q&A
RevZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 12:11 PM   #896
Parx400
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: Sacramento CA
Oddometer: 1,600
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevZilla View Post
Hi OR400,
The Cayenne Pro fits slightly more snug than the Sand Jacket. If the XL Sand was a bit snug, I would suggest the 2XL in the Cayenne Pro jacket. The Cayenne Pro doesn't have the double waist cinch that the Sand Jacket does, but it has a single waist cinch and a draw cord at the hem. Lastly, even though it's a closeout, you can still return it to us for a full refund if you find it's not the right fit. If you have time, I'm sure our Gear Geeks can address any additional questions you have on sizing.
Cheers,
Ali
TeamZilla
Thats funny cause my cayenne pro pants in 2XL have way more room every where than my Sand pants in the same size.

Are any of the Revit jackets longer? I have a rev sand in XL and its kinda short on me. I was wondering if the Cayenne pro jacket was longer.

Parx400 screwed with this post 09-18-2012 at 12:19 PM
Parx400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 06:03 AM   #897
DS Rider
Adventurer
 
DS Rider's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: South Oz
Oddometer: 70
Adv Gear for hot weather

Hi Revzilla team,

I've been off bikes for quite a while. I'm just about to get back into it, specifically adventure/dual sport touring and im happy as hell because my partner wants a bike too.
We've been looking for some good quality riding gear to suit our conditions and need some help. We are both finding it extremely frustrating at the lack of good gear out there for women as well. What would you recommend for an adventure/dualsport jacket and pants combo ( they dont have to match). Our priorities are quality and comfort, protection and ventilation. At this stage that is more important than price. Here in Australia, and where we will be riding we are less concerned with waterproofing (internal layers would be out most of the time) and much more concerned with staying as cool as we can in temps up to 90-100deg + it would be nice to have the ability to wear layers underneath or a liner for warmth when it is needed but we are happy to use a goretex or similar over-jacket/pants when it rains. what would be your top few mens choices and ladies choices for this application. usage would be probably 70-30 offroad-onroad.

Thanks for the advice.

DS
DS Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 06:40 PM   #898
GordonFreeman
Gamer
 
GordonFreeman's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: New Jersey
Oddometer: 1,498
Young Adult Protection

Hi guys,

I'm looking for decent, inexpensive armor for off-road for a 14 year old girl, ~100lbs, 5'6", with a little room to grow. What do you carry/recommend?

Thanks.
__________________
________________________
You run into ODS in the morning, you ran into ODS. You think you run into ODS all day, YOU'VE got ODS. (Paraphrasing Raylan Givens)
GordonFreeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 08:13 AM   #899
RevZilla
Best on Two Wheels!
 
RevZilla's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2011
Location: iladelphia
Oddometer: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonFreeman View Post
Hi guys,

I'm looking for decent, inexpensive armor for off-road for a 14 year old girl, ~100lbs, 5'6", with a little room to grow. What do you carry/recommend?

Thanks.
Hey Dr. Gordon,
We have a whole section of Off Road gear on our site. Look for the "Off Road" tab and enter the word "youth" in the search bar. You can see all the offerings we have that will fit your young rider. There are several roost deflectors, helmets, knee and elbow guards to choose from, and many at more affordable prices. If you need help comparing or have any questions, you can always reach out to our Gear Geeks for assistance.
Cheers,
Ali
__________________
RevZilla.com | The Best on Two Wheels

RevZilla Gear Discussion / Q&A
RevZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 08:33 AM   #900
RevZilla
Best on Two Wheels!
 
RevZilla's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2011
Location: iladelphia
Oddometer: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parx400 View Post
Thats funny cause my cayenne pro pants in 2XL have way more room every where than my Sand pants in the same size.

Are any of the Revit jackets longer? I have a rev sand in XL and its kinda short on me. I was wondering if the Cayenne pro jacket was longer.
Hey Parx,
It's been my experience that the Sand typically fit a little less snug than the Cayenne Pro, but there are always exceptions. As far as jackets are concerned, I would look to more of the touring options from REV'IT! such as the Spectrum or Horizon, which are more of a true 3/4 length jacket.
Cheers,
Ali
__________________
RevZilla.com | The Best on Two Wheels

RevZilla Gear Discussion / Q&A
RevZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 01:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014