ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-04-2014, 03:54 AM   #1006
sonic578
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: SE Florida
Oddometer: 732
A couple of questions wrt winter gloves. I use Warm & Safe heated jacket liner. Are my glove options limited to the same brand, or would Gerbings work?

Also, I've seen some good comments on the Fusion gloves from Klim. They are listed as snowmobile gloves, so likely not as much protection, but interesting 2-in-1 approach to thermals. Don't see those on Revzilla site, only motorcycle gloves from Klim?
__________________
Dave
'11 GS
Crash bars for sale
Corvette Manuals for sale
sonic578 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 07:05 AM   #1007
KEN PHENIX
"CERTIFIABLE"
 
KEN PHENIX's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: SOUTHEAST TEXAS
Oddometer: 631
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic578 View Post
A couple of questions wrt winter gloves. I use Warm & Safe heated jacket liner. Are my glove options limited to the same brand, or would Gerbings work?

Also, I've seen some good comments on the Fusion gloves from Klim. They are listed as snowmobile gloves, so likely not as much protection, but interesting 2-in-1 approach to thermals. Don't see those on Revzilla site, only motorcycle gloves from Klim?
I believe everybody uses the same coaxial plugs. (2.5mm pin, 5.5mm barrel, 9mm to 11mm length) I too am looking for glove liners to wear under my ReV'it! Alaska gloves that I love.

I want heat AND Gore-Tex.

The Warm and Safe liners are only 15 watts which is too low IMHO. Is there anything new on the way or something out there I have missed?
__________________
Ken Phenix
IBA #47092
The 919 Transalp Project
KatanaBandit (sold)
smugmug pics


KEN PHENIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 07:25 AM   #1008
HaChayalBoded
Brooklyn Bored
 
HaChayalBoded's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: BRC \ NYC
Oddometer: 7,572
Quote:
Originally Posted by KEN PHENIX View Post
I believe everybody uses the same coaxial plugs. (2.5mm pin, 5.5mm barrel, 9mm to 11mm length) I too am looking for glove liners to wear under my ReV'it! Alaska gloves that I love.

I want heat AND Gore-Tex.

The Warm and Safe liners are only 15 watts which is too low IMHO. Is there anything new on the way or something out there I have missed?
The wattage is lower because the heat is more or less in direct contact with your skin, hence the lower wattage compared to the other gloves that have more insulation between your skin and the heat.

Lots of people have had burns from the liners.

If it's not enough for you then perhaps you can ask WnS if they would be willing to make you a set that is a bit hotter. 9 times out of 10 the answer is yes. I have an "extra hot" set.
HaChayalBoded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 07:38 PM   #1009
Brahma
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Tampa, FL
Oddometer: 307
Thought I'd post this personal experience about the logic of the geniuses at Revzilla...

I bought a $350 pair of boots from this company only to find out that, for some unknown, completely illogical, boneheaded reason, they SPECIFICALLY restrict a customer from requesting packages be held at the final destination UPS facility in case they can't be delivered.

What this means is, if you work for a living and can't be home to get the delivery, they will not allow you as a customer to have it held for pickup, PERIOD. The ONLY option you have as their customer is to A.) Take a day off to wait for the delivery guy, or B.) come home each night to the remaining two delivery attempt notices (for a total of three attempts) before they have it returned to their own dock, at which time you will get your refund.

To not make available the option for it to be held for pickup at the UPS facility by the customer renders ordering from them a fruitless ordeal. There is absolutely no good logic in this, and I haven't even HEARD of this restriction before. I personally am so ticked off right now, that I thought I would take the time to put this out there to anyone who would care to order ANYTHING from this boneheaded company.

I contacted UPS twice in disbelief that I couldn't get their package held for pickup, and both times I was told "It is a restriction in the terms of their contract with UPS". I called their "Customer Service' number and they said the same thing.

So BEWARE, that purchasing ANYTHING from RevZilla is a total waste of time because you will NEVER see you package unless you can actually be at your door to sign for it, PERIOD.

RevZilla- you suck ass.
Brahma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 08:25 PM   #1010
gregdee
Motocampist
 
gregdee's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: Tijeras, NM
Oddometer: 425
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brahma View Post
Thought I'd post this personal experience about the logic of the geniuses at Revzilla...

I bought a $350 pair of boots from this company only to find out that, for some unknown, completely illogical, boneheaded reason, they SPECIFICALLY restrict a customer from requesting packages be held at the final destination UPS facility in case they can't be delivered.

What this means is, if you work for a living and can't be home to get the delivery, they will not allow you as a customer to have it held for pickup, PERIOD. The ONLY option you have as their customer is to A.) Take a day off to wait for the delivery guy, or B.) come home each night to the remaining two delivery attempt notices (for a total of three attempts) before they have it returned to their own dock, at which time you will get your refund.

To not make available the option for it to be held for pickup at the UPS facility by the customer renders ordering from them a fruitless ordeal. There is absolutely no good logic in this, and I haven't even HEARD of this restriction before. I personally am so ticked off right now, that I thought I would take the time to put this out there to anyone who would care to order ANYTHING from this boneheaded company.

I contacted UPS twice in disbelief that I couldn't get their package held for pickup, and both times I was told "It is a restriction in the terms of their contract with UPS". I called their "Customer Service' number and they said the same thing.

So BEWARE, that purchasing ANYTHING from RevZilla is a total waste of time because you will NEVER see you package unless you can actually be at your door to sign for it, PERIOD.

RevZilla- you suck ass.
Uh... I've ordered thousands of dollars of stuff from Revzilla and had every last piece of it left on my deck with no one home to meet Mr. Brown. Just today my new helmet showed up and I am pretty sure I was at work all day. Seems very odd that you'd have this experience.

The guys are Revzilla are super cool and I enjoy discussing gear with them as they are quite knowledgeable. I made fun of Anthony's t-shirt to one of their customer service reps in an email exchange saying they should take up a collection to get Anthony a new shirt since he always seems to be wearing the same purple one in every video I've watched. Next thing I know I get my very own Revzilla staff t-shirt in the mail.

I'd give them another shot. I haven't found lower prices, better service, or a better return policy anywhere else yet.
gregdee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 03:17 AM   #1011
Brahma
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Tampa, FL
Oddometer: 307
Uh... it's not odd if both UPS and ShitZilla tell me that. I can see where leaving it would be a problem, but not allowing me to leave it at UPS for me to pick up is crazy. It might vary from location to location- they didn't tell me that, but all I know is that I can't even puck it up- it is not an option.
Brahma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 05:10 AM   #1012
ghostryder
made it
 
ghostryder's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: Atlanta
Oddometer: 5,723
Did you think to have it delivered to work?
ghostryder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 06:57 AM   #1013
Luckycharms
Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Southeast Pa
Oddometer: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregdee View Post
Uh... I've ordered thousands of dollars of stuff from Revzilla and had every last piece of it left on my deck with no one home to meet Mr. Brown. Just today my new helmet showed up and I am pretty sure I was at work all day. Seems very odd that you'd have this experience.

The guys are Revzilla are super cool and I enjoy discussing gear with them as they are quite knowledgeable. I made fun of Anthony's t-shirt to one of their customer service reps in an email exchange saying they should take up a collection to get Anthony a new shirt since he always seems to be wearing the same purple one in every video I've watched. Next thing I know I get my very own Revzilla staff t-shirt in the mail.

I'd give them another shot. I haven't found lower prices, better service, or a better return policy anywhere else yet.
Ditto for me. Never had any issue with any package being left at my doorstep at home or having them deliver to work.

Revzilla is hands down the best company I've delt with for customer service, both over the phone, through email, and in person (I live near Philadelphia). They are a company started by riders, and staffed and operated by riders. On a nice day you will see 10-15+ bikes at their store all ridden in by the staff.

I'm not saying what happened to you didn't happen, I'm only offering my experience. I've ordered in the thousands of dollars of stuff from them, from gear to tools to tires, and never had an issue with orders or returns.
Luckycharms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 01:59 PM   #1014
eddyturn
Wannabe
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Hesperus, CO
Oddometer: 1,814
Never a delivery issue with me and again, too many dollars in purchases. Always got the box quickly and mostly left at the door. Maybe there have been issues in your zip code, address or area that makes ZLA do it differently for your stuff. Fraud happens and they maybe want to minimize the risk as they would be liable for non-delivered goods.
__________________
All things being equal... fat people use more soap
eddyturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 02:13 PM   #1015
Brahma
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Tampa, FL
Oddometer: 307
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddyturn View Post
Never a delivery issue with me and again, too many dollars in purchases. Always got the box quickly and mostly left at the door. Maybe there have been issues in your zip code, address or area that makes ZLA do it differently for your stuff. Fraud happens and they maybe want to minimize the risk as they would be liable for non-delivered goods.
It must have to do with my location (Tampa), if UPS and Shitzilla both tell me about their wondrous policy.
How is fraud going to happen by my picking it up at UPS where I have to show ID?

I can't have it delivered to work because I have to be the one to sign for it- a mail room won't do either. I'm telling you, it is absolutely absurd. They just paid to give their stuff a tour of the eastern US. I'm just glad I didn't get the Shuberth setup from them that I want- I would have been EXTREMELY PISSED then.

No wonder they say "Never a restocking fee"....

There are WAY, WAY too many vendors in the world to get dicked like I did by Shitzilla.

Brahma screwed with this post 03-26-2014 at 02:22 PM
Brahma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 05:06 PM   #1016
Jettn Jim
This is Liv'n!!!
 
Jettn Jim's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: NE PA Some... PNW Some... On HIGH ADVENTURE Most!
Oddometer: 1,740
Eek

Dude your problem is coming from you! I would suggest calling them and finding out what the reason REALLY IS... instead of assuming anything and flaming them. I just ordered a new Shorai battery and charger Monday... it showed up next day as usual. Have ordered thousands of dollars of equipment from them, shipped it all over the country and their service has been impeccable.
Jettn Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 06:25 PM   #1017
Brahma
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Tampa, FL
Oddometer: 307
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jettn Jim View Post
Dude your problem is coming from you! I would suggest calling them and finding out what the reason REALLY IS... instead of assuming anything and flaming them. I just ordered a new Shorai battery and charger Monday... it showed up next day as usual. Have ordered thousands of dollars of equipment from them, shipped it all over the country and their service has been impeccable.
This is funny.

"Dude", I am simply reporting what TWO different UPS people told me, and TWO different Shitzilla people told me, and they ALL told me the exact same thing. Whether or not you, or anyone wants to believe me I really don't care, and I don't care how much stuff you've bought from them- that's totally irrelevant to my situation. How you possibly derive I'm the problem is ridiculous. They WILL NOT let me get the shipments held at UPS for me to pick up, PERIOD, by THEIR POLICY, making ordering from them and actually RECEIVING the items IMPOSSIBLE.
Brahma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 09:22 AM   #1018
RevZilla
Best on Two Wheels!
 
RevZilla's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2011
Location: iladelphia
Oddometer: 175
My name is Brian and I actively monitor this forum for RevZilla. Upon reading the most recent posts in this thread, I felt it would be in our best interest to respond regarding the issue at hand.

First and foremost, I wanted to state that it is neither our place nor our practice to add anything other than value to the forum. We are very adamant about keeping the forum and its threads about the topics at hand. We understand and appreciate everyone’s opinion about RevZilla. However on extremely rare occasions, we feel the need to publicly voice our perspective of a customer interaction, but only after having first gathered as much information as possible. This is the case regarding Brahma’s experience.

As stated in the earlier post, Brahma’s issue was with the delivery safeguards enforced by UPS for packages shipped from RevZilla. To preface, RevZilla uses UPS to ship the majority of our orders because we have found them to be the most efficient, timely and reliable domestic shipping method. Our agreement with UPS does not require signatures for our packages. Signatures and/or the decision to leave packages at the shipping address are solely up to the UPS driver’s discretion. Since we insure all of our packages with UPS, it is the UPS driver’s job to minimize risk. The most common reasons for not leaving packages are severe weather, or a shipping location that is unsecured and highly populated such as an apartment complex. If the driver feels uncomfortable leaving a package at the shipping address, he or she will make two additional attempts. After each attempt, they leave an “Attempt to Deliver” notice and the tracking information will update accordingly.

When reviewing the details of Brahma’s order, his package was out for delivery two business days after the order was placed, as notated in the tracking information. At the time of delivery, the customer was not available to accept the package.

When a delivery attempt is unsuccessful, the package returns to the closest UPS hub. If a customer needs to pick up their package at the aforementioned hub, they can request a will call in one of two ways.

1.) The customer can contact RevZilla via phone or email and request that we have their package held for will call. We typically complete this request within an hour when we read the email or speak with the customer on the phone. Urgent requests should always be called in if at all possible.

2.) If the customer has a UPS My Choice account that was set up prior to the label being printed, they will see the package listed in their My Choice account and they can request a Will Call from their account.

If the package is not held for Will Call, UPS will make a maximum of three attempts to deliver the package before they return the package to the sender.

With that said, we feel that it is important to share our reasons behind having restrictions on our UPS packages. As a security measure to prevent package fraud, we have UPS hold the packages until we approve of their release, or until an authorized pre-existing UPS MyChoice user makes the request. These restrictions prevent unauthorized changes to the packages we ship, and this ensures that a customer's package is never unknowingly held for Will Call or redirected to another address. Similarly, when customers pick up their package(s) from the hub, for security purposes, UPS will require identification. Unfortunately, fraudsters seem to get more sophisticated with each passing day, and these measures are becoming common practice for many companies that utilize UPS as their shipping partner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brahma View Post
How is fraud going to happen by my picking it up at UPS where I have to show ID?
We believe that our policy is a necessary step to prevent fraud due to the number of falsified identifications shown at Will Call and a lack of due diligence on UPS’s part in checking for ID.

After Brahma contacted our CS department by phone, he expressed his dissatisfaction with our UPS delivery policy at length. During that phone call, he was informed by our CS representative that should he desire, we would be able to contact UPS for him and request a Will Call pick up at his local distribution center. Instead, he instructed the next CS representative with whom he spoke to cancel the order entirely, to which we obliged and had the package Returned-to-sender. We are sorry that he was unhappy with the shipping and delivery of his package. Had we been given the opportunity, we would have been more than willing to assist with an alternate delivery option.


On behalf of TeamZilla,

Hi-Viz Brian
__________________
RevZilla.com | The Best on Two Wheels

RevZilla Gear Discussion / Q&A

RevZilla screwed with this post 03-27-2014 at 10:14 AM
RevZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 09:41 AM   #1019
levain
STILL Jim Williams
 
levain's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Providence, RI
Oddometer: 7,121
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevZilla View Post
My name is Brian and I actively monitor this forum for RevZilla. Upon reading the most recent posts in this thread, I felt it would be in our best interest to respond regarding the issue at hand.

First and foremost, I wanted to state that it is neither our place nor our practice to add anything other than value to the forum. We are very adamant about keeping the forum and its threads about the topics at hand. We understand and appreciate everyone’s opinion about RevZilla. However on extremely rare occasions, we feel the need to publicly voice our perspective of a customer interaction, but only after having first gathered as much information as possible. This is the case regarding Brahma’s experience.

As stated in the earlier post, Brahma’s issue was with the delivery safeguards enforced by UPS for packages shipped from RevZilla. To preface, RevZilla uses UPS to ship the majority of our orders because we have found them to be the most efficient, timely and reliable domestic shipping method. Our agreement with UPS does not require signatures for our packages. Signatures and/or the decision to leave packages at the shipping address are solely up to the UPS driver’s discretion. Since we insure all of our packages with UPS, it is the UPS driver’s job to minimize risk. The most common reasons for not leaving packages are severe weather, or a shipping location that is unsecured and highly populated such as an apartment complex. If the driver feels uncomfortable leaving a package at the shipping address, he or she will make two additional attempts. After each attempt, they leave an “Attempt to Deliver” notice and the tracking information will update accordingly.

When reviewing the details of Brahma’s order, his package was out for delivery two business days after the order was placed, as notated in the tracking information. At the time of delivery, the customer was not available to accept the package.

When a delivery attempt is unsuccessful, the package returns to the closest UPS hub. If a customer needs to pick up their package at the aforementioned hub, they can request a will call in one of two ways.

1.) The customer can contact RevZilla via phone or email and request that we have their package held for will call. We typically complete this request within an hour when we read the email or speak with the customer on the phone. Urgent requests should always be called in if at all possible.

2.) If the customer has a UPS My Choice account that was set up prior to the label being printed, they will see the package listed in their My Choice account and they can request a Will Call from their account.

If the package is not held for Will Call, UPS will make a maximum of three attempts to deliver the package before they return the package to the sender.

With that said, we feel that it is important to share our reasons behind having restrictions on our UPS packages. As a security measure to prevent package fraud, we have UPS hold the packages until we approve of their release, or until an authorized pre-existing UPS MyChoice user makes the request. These restrictions prevent unauthorized changes to the packages we ship, and this ensures that a customer's package is never unknowingly held for Will Call or redirected to another address. Similarly, when customers pick up their package(s) from the hub, for security purposes, UPS will require identification. Unfortunately, fraudsters seem to get more sophisticated with each passing day, and these measures are becoming common practice for many companies that utilize UPS as their shipping partner. We felt it was necessary to be proactive, rather than reactive when it comes to our package security protocols.

After Brahma contacted our CS department by phone, he expressed his dissatisfaction with our UPS delivery policy at length. During that phone call, he was informed by our CS representative that should he desire, we would be able to contact UPS for him and request a Will Call pick up at his local distribution center. Instead, he instructed the next CS representative with whom he spoke to cancel the order entirely, to which we obliged and had the package Returned-to-sender. We are sorry that he was unhappy with the shipping and delivery of his package. Had we been given the opportunity, we would have been more than willing to assist with an alternate delivery option.


On behalf of TeamZilla,

Hi-Viz Brian
I've never received anything other than the type of customer service seen above from Revzilla.
__________________
Click Here!
2012 Triumph Tiger 800 XC
2008 Yamaha WR250R
1971 Lambretta DL
levain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 10:10 AM   #1020
ghostryder
made it
 
ghostryder's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: Atlanta
Oddometer: 5,723
Always nice to get both sides. Sad that his order didn't work out. I personally find it refreshing that a company puts so much effort into customer service these days. This why whenever possible I buy items from them.
ghostryder is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 07:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014