Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-09-2009, 09:42 PM   #91
Shane Stump
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by KullZilla
Some interesting news to report, just got this in the mail box:

So to sum it up, we should be seeing GORE-TEX REV'IT products fall of next year.

Matt
Glad to hear Rev'it is going to be using "Gor-Tex" this next fashion year! But it begs the question how inferior is the existing clothing line (2009)?

While I own more Rev'it gear than I care to remind myself, the Infinity is the only Rev'i gear I have personally tested for "water-proofness" and it passed with FLYING COLORS!!!

Best Regrds,

Shane
Shane Stump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 10:49 PM   #92
mrk00k
Adventurer

Oddometer: 36
how to wash

I have a Cayenne jacket and can't for the life of me figure out what your care instructions are. There is a tag that says "see inner pocket". What inner pocket. I have looked throughout the entire jacket.

How do I was my Jacket without messing it up? Obviously I wont wash the waterproof lining.
mrk00k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 07:51 AM   #93
KullZilla
Work Hard, Play Harder

Oddometer: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine Sol
hello BoochZilla,

am interested in your clothing, but i wonder what (if any) will fit me....
usually my choices are limited, so waiting to hear from you, what comes (or can be ordered) for us taller folk.

am 6'10, weigh about 250lbs,
i wear a levis jeans W38 L38
think my chest is either a 44 or 46.

thanks,
Big Ed
Hey Big Ed,

To get a better idea of your exact size and what might work I would like to get some additional measurements from you, you will need a cloth tape measure to take these and most likely an assistant

Chest - May as well get the exact measurement while we are at it
Waist
Hips
Inseam

You can see instructions on how to take these measurements at the top of our REV'IT Size Chart

Additionally I would like to see your sleeve length, to take this, begin with your arms hanging naturally at your side, then take the tape and measure from the middle of your neck down the arm to the wrist.

What type of gear are you looking for? While REV'IT does not make "tall" sizes in their jackets, I am thinking a 4XL Dragon or 3XL Sirocco could possibly work. Otherwise we could look at Firstgear (which does make Tall sizes in jackets) or Olympia, who's gear comes cut pretty large to begin with.

And lastly where are you located now? I see your Avatar says Hong Kong, is that where we would need to ship to?
KullZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 10:27 AM   #94
KullZilla
Work Hard, Play Harder

Oddometer: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrk00k
I have a Cayenne jacket and can't for the life of me figure out what your care instructions are. There is a tag that says "see inner pocket". What inner pocket. I have looked throughout the entire jacket.

How do I was my Jacket without messing it up? Obviously I wont wash the waterproof lining.
Just to clarify, RevZilla (my company) is not the same company REV'IT, we are big fans of their product, wear it ourselves, and are their largest dealer in the US and thus sell a lot of it but it is just a coincidence that our names are similar!

Anyway to get to your question, do NOT machine wash this jacket in a top loader that has a center agitator. You can machine wash the outer shell in a front loader if you pull out all of the liners on gentle. Hand washing with some Simple Green is a good option as well.

I am working on getting some more in-depth guidelines on wash and care so stay posted...

Matt
KullZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 02:31 PM   #95
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

Oddometer: 761
Gore-Tex in REV'IT Products

I was waiting for that question to be asked

Like many manufacturers without a Gore-Tex license of so long, REV'IT!'s internally developed HydraTex liners perform extremely well in the waterproof / breathable liner arena because they have to. For this level of product, sub-par weatherproofing performance simply is not an option. In short REV'IT!'s in-house liners let water vapor (sweat) out without letting water droplets in in the same manner ar Gore-Tex.

While Gore-Tex was the pioneer in developing these type of products and membranes, as most current REV'IT! customers can attest, the waterproof / breathable properties of the current lineup are nothing short of outstanding.

The Gore-Tex liners will most likely make their way into the REV'IT! lineup at the top end and then eventually trickle down into the mid range products over time. If they replaced the HydraTex in all of the garments out of the gates consumers would realize an immediate price increase across the board just based on newly incurred manufacturing and licensing costs.

While it is exciting to see the premier Gore-Tex materials exclusively used in an already premium brand, the difference in performance by Gore-Tex's inclusion will not be dramatic or create immediate obsolecense of previous years models (e.g. Cayenne Pro, Navigator etc)

Don't get me wrong its a great addition and of course the die hard Gore-Tex guys will be pleased - but it should not take anything away from the percieved performance or value of the current product line.

Personally I am much more excited about a rumor of Gore-Tex's potential new functional technologies aside from the liner which may or may not end up in 2010 or 2011 gear.

My two cents.

I hope this gives some reassurance to anyone who recently bought a REV'IT! all season product. When I saw the press release I expected more than a few ears to perk up.

Anthony .... still from my Honeymoon ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane Stump
Glad to hear Rev'it is going to be using "Gor-Tex" this next fashion year! But it begs the question how inferior is the existing clothing line (2009)?

While I own more Rev'it gear than I care to remind myself, the Infinity is the only Rev'i gear I have personally tested for "water-proofness" and it passed with FLYING COLORS!!!

Best Regrds,

Shane

'10 Multistrada 1200
'07 R1200GS
'05 Monster S2R
BoochZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 09:29 AM   #96
Pine Sol
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 468
thanks KullZilla for the reply.

weekends are my busy time, will include more info in the next few coming days..

ed
Pine Sol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 04:35 PM   #97
RiDR
The Himalayan what?

Oddometer: 592
W.L. Gore & Ass
RiDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 08:35 PM   #98
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by edf
W.L. Gore & Ass

'10 Multistrada 1200
'07 R1200GS
'05 Monster S2R
Old 04-11-2009, 08:58 PM   #99
testrider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoochZilla

... snip...

The REV'IT Turbine pant are basically the Mistral on steroids with SAS-Tec CE level 3+ armor

... snip...

Anthony
Where can I find the 'CE level 3+" standard?
testrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 09:10 PM   #100
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

Hey Testrider,

Good question. There is actually no level 3 at the moment. Let me explain...

It has been presented to us that the SAS-TEC armor falls actually off the CE scale, by outperforming it, which has ratings of 1 and 2 respectively.

"Off the CE Chart" is actually a more accurate statement. We have had so many conversations with customers where we have described the scale and said if there was a level "3" the SAS-TEC would be at it or above it.

Currently we are waiting for more definitively labeled studies to be released about the terminology to be used when describing the SAS-TEC.

Too often we have gotten comfortable with "3+" as a means to quickly quantify the performance until SAS-TEC or CE release further terminology. Many folks understand CE 1 and 2 and want to quickly get the gist of where SAS-TEC fits in to the Armor mix.

Labeling aside, it is the most advanced armor available. I will most likely go back to that post and adjust the wording to be more appropriate.

Sorry for the confusion. Hope this clarifies your question.

Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by testrider
Where can I find the 'CE level 3+" standard?

'10 Multistrada 1200
'07 R1200GS
'05 Monster S2R
Old 04-11-2009, 09:23 PM   #101
testrider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 115
Thanks, Anthony. I thought it was a new standard that just got published that I wasn't aware of...

You really need to adjust your wording. I guess you can say it's "better than CE Level 2" (like BMW's new orange color armour in their suit) but if you freely advertise your own specs designations, you'll lose your believability soon... :-)

-mike-
testrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 09:45 PM   #102
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

Thanks Mike. Adjusted.

Sometimes in the haste of quickly answering the same questions many times over its easy to occasionally miss a detail like that.

Thanks again for catching it.

Anthony

'10 Multistrada 1200
'07 R1200GS
'05 Monster S2R
Old 04-12-2009, 09:51 PM   #103
derf36
Adventurer

Oddometer: 13
The first online review is up on the new dragon... seems like their giving it thumbs up.

http://www.webbikeworld.com/r2/rev-it/dragon-jacket/
derf36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 08:15 AM   #104
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

REVIT Dragon Review

When WBW beats on gear. We all win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf36
The first online review is up on the new dragon... seems like their giving it thumbs up.

http://www.webbikeworld.com/r2/rev-it/dragon-jacket/

'10 Multistrada 1200
'07 R1200GS
'05 Monster S2R
Old 04-15-2009, 09:02 AM   #105
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

Lois Pryce Booksigning and ADV Meetup / Ride May 2nd

Lois Pryce, famed adventure rider, will be visitng the RevZilla Philadelphia Store on May 2nd to do a Book Signing as well as give a talk about her experiences traveling the globe on her bike. Lois will be speaking around 2pm. All are welcome. In her honor, Revzilla will be hosting a meetup and ride-in from Eurosports in Coopersburg Pa to RevZilla in Philadelphia. Eurosports is located just South of Allentown, about 1 hour's ride from RevZilla.

Full Lois Pryce Event Details Here

The Meetup will take place between 10am and 11am and leave just after 11 to hopefully arrive in Philadelphia around 12pm. There will be plenty of bike parking and Vitamin water is sponsoring refreshments for the crowd. Please see our thread on ADVRider.com or give us a call or email to ask any questions.

RevZilla Philly Store Address:
38 Jackson St
Philadelphia, Pa 19148

Eurosports Address (for Meetup)
303 S. 3rd Street Route 309
Coopersburg, Pa 18036

'10 Multistrada 1200
'07 R1200GS
'05 Monster S2R

BoochZilla screwed with this post 04-16-2009 at 01:12 PM