Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2014, 01:52 PM   #1036
Parx400
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,600
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy View Post
Thanks, the pants are tagged "XXL." I assume the Sand II wouldn't fit?
I have had both. On the sand 2 the thermal liner is shorter so it does not get wet. The rain liner is the same length. I bet if you used both liners it would work.
Parx400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 02:51 PM   #1037
ThatGuy
Brownie

Oddometer: 4,907
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parx400 View Post
I have had both. On the sand 2 the thermal liner is shorter so it does not get wet. The rain liner is the same length. I bet if you used both liners it would work.
Thanks Parx, this mean I zip the Sand II into the I?
Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The views expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer.
ThatGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 04:58 PM   #1038
luckychucky
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,157
Poseidon Zipper on the Left

I always thought if it zipped or buttoned from the left side it was a girls garment. Guess I'll have to get use to that my other riding jackets the zipper is on the right. Other than the zipper on the side I'm not use to I dig the jacket out of the box.
luckychucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 08:27 PM   #1039
disconnected
ultra runner

Oddometer: 6,810
Are all revit silvers the same shade?
Old 04-04-2014, 10:12 PM   #1040
armourbl
Adventure Life

Oddometer: 578
I'm on the fence right now. The Sand 2 is the direction I'm currently leaning, but still torn about my decision. The Badlands Pro is the next contender. Can't decide if weather proof on the outside is more important to me or not.

I do live in a climate where it rarely rains, and I don't make a habit of riding in the rain. But that doesn't mean I won't get caught in the rain from time to time, and I do hope to do long trips outside of my immediate area doing touring/adventure touring type riding.

I live in the Phoenix area and really want a jacket that has good venting that can also easily be closed up when needed. It might be asking too much, but I'd like a jacket that is as close to year round for my climate as possible. That means temps ranging from 40 to 120 degrees.

I'm also not sure if I will like dealing with removable liners or not. As you can see I'm pretty torn.

I do like the styling and features of the Sand 2, along with the price. I do wish it came with better body armor though. I like the styling and features of the Badlands Pro as well, don't like the price so much, but at least it has top of the line body armor included, including chest protection and kidney belt. I do question how comfortable it can be in extreme hot weather even with the good ventilation because of the GoreTex shell.

Searching around there is a lot more information in the forums on the Badlands Pro than there is on the Sand 2. Any advice or experience you can share will be greatly appreciated.

ben
Old 04-07-2014, 07:21 PM   #1041
Brahma
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 307
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostryder View Post
Always nice to get both sides. Sad that his order didn't work out. I personally find it refreshing that a company puts so much effort into customer service these days. This why whenever possible I buy items from them.
I certainly must have gotten the "D" team then.
Brahma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 11:38 AM   #1042
ZLAHiVizBrian
So Viz-able!

Oddometer: 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by disconnected View Post
Are all revit silvers the same shade?
All REV'IT! Silvers are not the same shade. You can see a noticeable, but not drastic, change in shade when different materials are used. If there's a particular setup you're interested in, I'd be happy to snap a few pictures for you if we have them in stock.

-HVB

/r/RevZilla Subreddit | RevZilla Career Opportunities

Helping riders with gear and little old ladies cross the street | RevZilla.com
ZLAHiVizBrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 12:59 PM   #1043
ZLAHiVizBrian
So Viz-able!

Quote:
Originally Posted by armourbl View Post
I'm on the fence right now. The Sand 2 is the direction I'm currently leaning, but still torn about my decision. The Badlands Pro is the next contender. Can't decide if weather proof on the outside is more important to me or not.

I do live in a climate where it rarely rains, and I don't make a habit of riding in the rain. But that doesn't mean I won't get caught in the rain from time to time, and I do hope to do long trips outside of my immediate area doing touring/adventure touring type riding.

I live in the Phoenix area and really want a jacket that has good venting that can also easily be closed up when needed. It might be asking too much, but I'd like a jacket that is as close to year round for my climate as possible. That means temps ranging from 40 to 120 degrees.

I'm also not sure if I will like dealing with removable liners or not. As you can see I'm pretty torn.

I do like the styling and features of the Sand 2, along with the price. I do wish it came with better body armor though. I like the styling and features of the Badlands Pro as well, don't like the price so much, but at least it has top of the line body armor included, including chest protection and kidney belt. I do question how comfortable it can be in extreme hot weather even with the good ventilation because of the GoreTex shell.

Searching around there is a lot more information in the forums on the Badlands Pro than there is on the Sand 2. Any advice or experience you can share will be greatly appreciated.

ben
If you had to put a number on it, what percentage of the time would you say you encounter rain?

If you had to prioritize the features based on your riding conditions, would they look something like this (feel free to rearrange as I'm just going off of what you've mentioned above):
  1. Armor
  2. Ventilation
  3. Thermal properties
  4. Waterproofing
What do you think about the Klim Latitude Misano?

It has D30 armor, tons of direct ventilation, no liners (aside from the mesh backing) and a Gore-Tex shell. Just add water ....I mean base layers. It sounds like the majority of your riding season is during moderate to hot temperatures. Is that true? If so, throwing on a base and mid-layer should get you down into the 40F temperatures depending on your temperature tolerance. Below the 40s, heated gear is usually the most comfortable option.

Another possibility is the REV'IT! Tornado.

Without its 2-in-1 thermal and waterproof liner, it will ventilate extremely well. It also comes with Knox Flexiform armor. If the temperatures start to dip, you have the option to zip in the liner. You could pair this with a rain suit in the off chance you'd hit a rain storm. Rain suits are nice because they're easy to store when not being used and easy to slip into in a hurry (as I'm sure you know). I'd recommend using a rain suit as your waterproofing so the exterior shell doesn't get soaked and using the 2-in-1 liner as a wind-blocking thermal liner.

Let me know what you think or if you've seen another option that's interesting.

-HVB

Old 04-08-2014, 01:11 PM   #1044
armourbl
Adventure Life

Oddometer: 578
Really great feedback and ideas. I'm really glad we have such a great community on this forum to share knowledge and figure stuff out.

Percentage of rain here is very very small. That is specifically for riding in Arizona. Can't say what I would experience elsewhere. I do hope to explore beyond the borders of the state eventually though. I shouldn't focus so much on the waterproofing I suppose, but I do consider it an added bonus, not a full requirement.

I have found that I can get the Badlands Pro for a very good discount, which makes the price spread between it and the Sand 2 a lot less of an argument. With the price points so much closer in the range, the deciding factor has come down to more about quality of materials, construction, and body armor quality. I feel that the Badlands Pro has the Sand 2 beat in these categories. I'm sure it will protect you for most incidents, but there is just something about knowing you are wearing the best you can afford. Don't get me wrong though, there also is a point where more expensive doesn't mean better protection either.

I hope to be trying on a size XL of the Badlands very soon and I'm really hoping it fits well. Fit will be a huge deciding factor as well. I don't want to compromise on the fit, end up with a loose or baggy jacket or the opposite. I've contacted a local dealer of the Rev'It gear to see if they have the Sands 2 in stock so I can try it on as well.

@HiVizBrian -- I did check out the Misano, not in person mind you. I think it came down to the venting locations that turned me away from it. If I remember right there is no forearm vent and the back vent is horizontal between the shoulder blades. That would make wear a pack of any kind hinder the exhaust venting.

ben
Old 04-08-2014, 01:41 PM   #1045
testrider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 117
Are there any pants that were made with 100% 1000 or 1050 Cordura?* I'm wearing a pair of motoport with 100% cordura so I know it's comfortable. I just like to try other brands and I don't trust 600 Denier.

Thanks.
Mike

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk
testrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 10:27 PM   #1046
ThatGuy
Brownie

Oddometer: 4,907
Is there a choice of length or is there some standard length the Brawnson textile pants come in?

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/i...tile-overpants
Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The views expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer.
ThatGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 10:22 AM   #1047
testrider
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by testrider View Post
Are there any pants that were made with 100% 1000 or 1050 Cordura?* I'm wearing a pair of motoport with 100% cordura so I know it's comfortable. I just like to try other brands and I don't trust 600 Denier.

Thanks.
Mike
Any suggestions?
Old 04-09-2014, 11:34 AM   #1048
ZLAHiVizBrian
So Viz-able!

Quote:
Originally Posted by testrider View Post
Hey Mike,

Unfortunately, there isn't much that we carry that's 100% 1000D+ Cordura. I definitely recommend Motoport as well as Vanson.

Most of the gear we carry that incorporates 1000D Cordura only uses it in the impact areas. Some examples are listed below.
  1. REV'IT! Defender GTX Gore-Tex Jacket / Pants
  2. Olympia MotoQuest Jacket / Pants
  3. Olympia Ranger Jacket / Pants

-HVB

ZLAHiVizBrian screwed with this post 04-09-2014 at 12:14 PM
Old 04-09-2014, 11:47 AM   #1049
testrider
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLAHiVizBrian View Post
Hey Mike,

Unfortunately, there isn't much that we carry that's 100% 1000D+ Cordura. I definitely recommend Motoport as well as Vanson.

Most of the gear we carry that incorporates 1000D Cordura only uses it in the impact areas. Some examples are listed below.
  1. REV'IT! Defender GTX Gore-Tex Jacket / Pants
  2. Olympia MotoQuest Jacket / Pants
  3. Olympia Ranger Jacket / Pants
Thanks for the info. I appreciate it.
Old 04-09-2014, 12:13 PM   #1050
ZLAHiVizBrian
So Viz-able!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy View Post
Is there a choice of length or is there some standard length the Brawnson textile pants come in?

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/i...tile-overpants
The Brawnson pants only come in standard lengths. We have three different sizes (32, 36, and 44) here in Philadelphia, so I was able to take their inseam measurements for you.

Inseam Measurements (taken with a soft measuring tape):
  • Size 32US / 48EU = 34 inches
  • Size 36US / 52EU = 35.5 inches
  • Size 44US / 60EU = 35.5 inches

Let me know if there's anything else I can help with.

-HVB