Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-30-2014, 12:35 PM   #1096
ZLAHiVizBrian
So Viz-able!

Oddometer: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by baddrapp View Post
Thank you. Would the sg11 fit knee braces better then the sg10. Would the sg11 have better ankle support and protection?
You're welcome! That's what I'm here for.

They both have plenty of adjustability and room to fit a pair of properly sized knee braces. Also, the insides of the boots are fairly smooth, minus a few raised foam Gaerne logos, so braces shouldn't catch on any rough edges.

I thought the SG11s felt stiffer in the ankles, but not by much. To me, the biggest difference is in their profiles.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

-HVB

RevZilla Gear Discussion / Q&A | RevZilla Career Opportunities

Helping riders with gear and little old ladies cross the street | RevZilla.com
ZLAHiVizBrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 09:46 AM   #1097
Adventure007
Adventurer

Oddometer: 19
AGV AX-8 DS EVO Helmet

Can you describe, in more detail, the head shape fit of the AGV AX-8 DS EVO Helmet?

I have a long oval head shape. The only helmet that fits my head is the Arai Signet-Q: It's perfect.

I'm looking for a Dual Sport helmet with the same head shape. I tried the Arai XD-4 and, unfortunately, it's just not quite right.

Is the head shape of the AGV AX-8 DS EVO Helmet a long oval?
Old 07-01-2014, 11:37 AM   #1098
ZLAHiVizBrian
So Viz-able!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adventure007 View Post
Can you describe, in more detail, the head shape fit of the AGV AX-8 DS EVO Helmet?

I have a long oval head shape. The only helmet that fits my head is the Arai Signet-Q: It's perfect.

I'm looking for a Dual Sport helmet with the same head shape. I tried the Arai XD-4 and, unfortunately, it's just not quite right.

Is the head shape of the AGV AX-8 DS EVO Helmet a long oval?
Hey Adventure007,

I sure can. I did a comparison between the following helmets (all Mediums):

A brief background on my noggin:

I have a 22.5 inch intermediate oval head shape. I fit well into most Shoei and Arai helmets. My crown is slightly longer front to back than side to side. The Arai Corsair V fits me extremely well as does the RF-1100. The RF-1200 takes some break-in before my head warms up to it. I usually don't fit well into AGV helmets because they don't sit down far enough on the top of my head.

The AGV AX-8 DS EVO Helmet fits me pretty well. I don't experience the gap. I find it has an intermediate oval to slightly narrow head shape. It's comfortable front to back. I have a little room to spare, but not much. For my head shape, a 23 inch crown circumference is probably my limit in a Medium. The AX-8 DS is narrow in the ears (mine fold over). The most interesting thing I noticed about the AX-8 is the way it sits on my head. The forehead padding hits my forehead around my hairline (not receding...yet), which is about a 1/2 inch higher than the rest of the helmets. Since it's almost the 4th of July and I'll be eating crabs soon, I'll use a seafood analogy . The AGV helmet's eye-port is like a fully steamed clam, whereas the other helmets still have a few minutes to cook.

The XD-4...Oh the XD-4. I found it to be the most uncomfortable out of the group, front to back, for my intermediate head shape. It's every bit of a neutral head shape. The forehead EPS liner is pretty painful after a few minutes of wear. It's almost like Arai needs to smooth the edge of the XD-4's forehead EPS. The edge is very pronounced. As you know, if you have a long oval head shape, the XD-4 is a no go .

The Shoei Hornet has the closest fit to the Arai Signet-Q in my opinion. It is not quite as long as the Signet-Q, but much better than the XD-4. It has a true intermediate oval head shape.

I hope this helps. Give me a shout if you have anymore questions.

Cheers,

-Hi-Viz Brian

Old 07-01-2014, 12:32 PM   #1099
YamaLink
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 287
Rev'It Airwave fit compared to Dainese Air Flux

Can't decide between the two. Mainly because the Airwave was "redesigned" a year or so for a more Euro slim fit. Looking at the Revzilla vids the Rev'It still seems more boxy. Maybe it is the model, maybe it is the color of the jacket making it less sleek than the darker jackets I'm interested in. Just can't tell and there are NONE in town to try & buy hence the Revzilla route.

I wear a 40US/50Euro Air Flux and in the Airwave that's a medium. I'm hesitant because the Rev'It has bicep button adjustments which I presume starts out as a more boxy fit and can be tailored. I'd rather avoid the excess material or non-streamlined look if possible. Yep, I can be vain.

I'm 5'10" (70 inches) and 165 pounds. Realizing both have a multitude of waist, wrist, neck closures is the current generation Rev'It still a boxier cut?

I'd like to avoid the shipping and returns hassle to save time and hassle/money. Any insight is truly appreciated.
YamaLink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 01:14 PM   #1100
ZLAHiVizBrian
So Viz-able!

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamaLink View Post
Can't decide between the two. Mainly because the Airwave was "redesigned" a year or so for a more Euro slim fit. Looking at the Revzilla vids the Rev'It still seems more boxy. Maybe it is the model, maybe it is the color of the jacket making it less sleek than the darker jackets I'm interested in. Just can't tell and there are NONE in town to try & buy hence the Revzilla route.

I wear a 40US/50Euro Air Flux and in the Airwave that's a medium. I'm hesitant because the Rev'It has bicep button adjustments which I presume starts out as a more boxy fit and can be tailored. I'd rather avoid the excess material or non-streamlined look if possible. Yep, I can be vain.

I'm 5'10" (70 inches) and 165 pounds. Realizing both have a multitude of waist, wrist, neck closures is the current generation Rev'It still a boxier cut?

I'd like to avoid the shipping and returns hassle to save time and hassle/money. Any insight is truly appreciated.
Hey YamaLink,

I am wearing a 52 Dainese and Large REV'IT!. I didn't adjust any straps so you could see the jackets in their baggiest forms. The Airframe wasn't much baggier than the Air-Flux. Let me know if this helps and please excuse my camera skills. I blame my camera.

Cheers,

-Hi-Viz Brian

Old 07-01-2014, 06:19 PM   #1101
Adventure007
Adventurer

Thank you very much for your reply regarding the AGV AX-8 DS EVO Helmet.

Based on your description of where the helmet comes into contact with the crown of your head at the front, I think this is a long-oval and describes the way that the Signet-Q fits my head exactly.
Old 07-02-2014, 07:22 AM   #1102
ZLAHiVizBrian
So Viz-able!

Quote:
Thank you very much for your reply regarding the AGV AX-8 DS EVO Helmet.

Based on your description of where the helmet comes into contact with the crown of your head at the front, I think this is a long-oval and describes the way that the Signet-Q fits my head exactly.
I'm glad I could help. If you think of anything I missed in my response, please let me know.

Thanks!

-Hi-Viz Brian

Old 07-02-2014, 08:25 AM   #1103
Adventure007
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLAHiVizBrian View Post
I'm glad I could help. If you think of anything I missed in my response, please let me know.

Thanks!

-Hi-Viz Brian
I guess I really don't know anything about the brand and am not familiar with the safety rating of this helmet. Can you speak at all to the quality and safety of this helmet? How about the customer service of AGV?
Old 07-02-2014, 11:12 AM   #1104
ZLAHiVizBrian
So Viz-able!

Quote:
I guess I really don't know anything about the brand and am not familiar with the safety rating of this helmet. Can you speak at all to the quality and safety of this helmet? How about the customer service of AGV?
I'm glad you asked. To familiarize yourself with AGV, take a look at our AGV Helmets FAQ. It helps explain everything from safety ratings to helmet care. I apologize for not including it in my first post.

AGV is owned by Dainese. Like Dainese, we handle all of their warranty claims and most of their customer service questions. However, they do have a product support team. From our experience, AGV has a very low warranty rate.

If the AGV Helmet FAQ sparks anymore questions, keep them coming.

Ride safely,

-Hi-Viz Brian

Old 07-02-2014, 04:00 PM   #1105
Sammax
Unconfused

Oddometer: 183
I've had the Airflux for about 2 years. I am 5'11, 155 pounds. The 54 fits me great but it's mostly dictated by sleeve length since I can't stand sleeves that ride up.
Sammax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 04:57 PM   #1106
MtnRider2
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 101
Okay ZLA army....what dirt knee/shin guards have the biggest velcro to wrap around tree stumps such as my 19" calves? It's nice not being a stork but at times the stumps are a hinderance
MtnRider2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 12:55 PM   #1107
ZLAHiVizBrian
So Viz-able!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnRider2 View Post
Okay ZLA army....what dirt knee/shin guards have the biggest velcro to wrap around tree stumps such as my 19" calves? It's nice not being a stork but at times the stumps are a hinderance
Hey MtnRider2,

I recommend the Leatt Dual Axis Knee Guards (size 2XL of course ). They should do the trick for your 19" tree stumps . If they don't for some reason, send me a PM.

A few highlights:
  • Their pivot system is smooth and consistent, not clunky.
  • They have sleeves that wrap around your legs at the adjustment points. Then, the Velcro tightens against the sleeves, not your legs.
  • Their inner padding is dense / has integrity. You don't feel the hard plastic against your legs.
  • 2XL

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Have a great 4th of July !

-Hi-Viz Brian

Old 07-03-2014, 03:58 PM   #1108
MtnRider2
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 101
Thanks HBV....I'll order them now!
Sam
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLAHiVizBrian View Post
Hey MtnRider2,

I recommend the Leatt Dual Axis Knee Guards (size 2XL of course ). They should do the trick for your 19" tree stumps . If they don't for some reason, send me a PM.

A few highlights:
  • Their pivot system is smooth and consistent, not clunky.
  • They have sleeves that wrap around your legs at the adjustment points. Then, the Velcro tightens against the sleeves, not your legs.
  • Their inner padding is dense / has integrity. You don't feel the hard plastic against your legs.
  • 2XL
I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Have a great 4th of July !

-Hi-Viz Brian
MtnRider2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 02:50 AM   #1109
625SXC
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 548
Just wanted to share the customer service experience I had with Revzilla. After taking advantage of their many videos about products I thought I would give them a chance with a purchase of a couple helmets for my wife and I. One of them I ordered too big and not only did they ship them fast, they emailed me a return label and had the new helmet to my door in 2 days. Every time I called I was greeted by a guy who spoke english and was never put on hold. The best phone order experience I ever had. When I'm not able to shop local.... Revzilla will get my money
2006 KTM 200 XC-W
2003 KTM 200SX/EXC hybrid
625SXC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 03:23 PM   #1110
MotoBoss
Bad Influence

Oddometer: 3,401
Hey Brian, I'm considering a pair of Sidi boots and can't decide between the On Road or Canyon. I fear the On Road boots are a little tall at 14 inches (?). What is the height of the Canyons?
Which would you feel would be best for ADV touring (some gravel and fire trail but mostly backroad touring)?
Thanks

AdventureRiderRadio
Donate To ADV

MotoBoss is offline   Reply With Quote