Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-11-2014, 07:21 PM   #1126
Scratch33
Fugawi?

Oddometer: 1,999
Props to RevZilla for helping my girlfriend find touring boots that fit. She'd been having a devil of a time finding suitable replacements for her worn out BMW Contour boots (no longer made). She's hard to fit, with smallish feet and large calves; most zip-up boots won't zip up.

We visited the store this afternoon and after trying several styles she settled on the Alpinestar Web Gore-Tex boots for distance riding, and the New Land GTX boots for warmer weather local stuff. The saleswoman was very patient and knowledgeable.

While there I took the opportunity to work with another salesperson on updating my riding gear. I finally settled on the Rev'it Neptune GTX jacket and Tornado pants. Now I have to go get them dirty.

2008 R1200GSA
2009 DD750
2010 MADASS 125
Scratch33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 07:39 PM   #1127
Sammax
Unconfused

Oddometer: 194
Got a question Brian when you get a chance....no hurry. Did Klim come out with new models of Mojave and Chinook and almost double the price with no armor.....or something like that? That's what it seems like to me.

If so do you know why the big price hike?
Sammax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 04:09 PM   #1128
ZLAHiVizBrian
So Viz-able!

Oddometer: 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammax View Post
Got a question Brian when you get a chance....no hurry. Did Klim come out with new models of Mojave and Chinook and almost double the price with no armor.....or something like that? That's what it seems like to me.

If so do you know why the big price hike?
Hey Sammax,

Good question. There are a couple interesting things going on. I've attached a side-by-side picture below. If that doesn't help, Klim does a nice job displaying the pants (with a zoom option) on their site.

The latest version of the Mojave pants move closer towards adventure pants from traditional off-road pants. They're more abrasion resistant and more refined for dual sporting. The previous generation had a higher percentage of mesh (approximately 25-35 percent higher). The latest Mojave pants have not lost much, if any, venting with the redesign. By optimizing where the mesh panels are placed, they are able to achieve the same ventilation properties with less mesh. In turn, they can use more Cordura, making the pants much stronger and durable....and more expensive. Klim also uses very nice stretch material on the new version, which is shown in the picture below. I placed my pen on the Black stretch panels so you can follow the panels throughout the pants. Klim added the stretch panels to the sides of the legs and groin. The stretch material reminds me of S1 stretch fabric found in Dainese gear. It has a nice hand. They still have the standard accordion stretch panels above the knees and seat.

I don't think Klim is trying to make an extra buck. That's really not their style. However, with such a huge price hike, it's nice to have an explanation. From my experience, their design team usually starts a project by designing the most badass piece of gear possible with the best materials. Then, they realize it's going to cost a million dollars and is certified to take someone to space, so they have to tone it down a bit. The added cost on the updated Mojave pants is mostly due to the materials. More Cordora, less mesh, better stretch.

The Klim Chinook pants have been discontinued and I haven't heard if Klim is replacing them with a updated version.

Old (left) vs New (right)

I hope that helped. Give me a shout if I can help with anything else or add more info to my explanation.

Cheers,

-Hi-Viz Brian

RevZilla Gear Discussion / Q&A | RevZilla Career Opportunities

Helping riders with gear and little old ladies cross the street | RevZilla.com
ZLAHiVizBrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 04:24 PM   #1129
ZLAHiVizBrian
So Viz-able!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch33 View Post
Props to RevZilla for helping my girlfriend find touring boots that fit. She'd been having a devil of a time finding suitable replacements for her worn out BMW Contour boots (no longer made). She's hard to fit, with smallish feet and large calves; most zip-up boots won't zip up.

We visited the store this afternoon and after trying several styles she settled on the Alpinestar Web Gore-Tex boots for distance riding, and the New Land GTX boots for warmer weather local stuff. The saleswoman was very patient and knowledgeable.

While there I took the opportunity to work with another salesperson on updating my riding gear. I finally settled on the Rev'it Neptune GTX jacket and Tornado pants. Now I have to go get them dirty.
Hey Scratch33!

I'm glad you two were able to stop by and spend some time with us in our "boutique". I feel like I need to put my pinky out every time I say boutique, ha. I wish I was working and had the opportunity to meet you guys. I was on my KLR . I guess that's a good excuse.

Keep us posted on the new gear. We'd love to know what works and what doesn't.

Ride safely,

-Hi-Viz Brian

Old 07-14-2014, 07:58 PM   #1130
Sammax
Unconfused

Thanks Brian, that does help. I figured there was a good reason since that new model was a significant price hike.

Now as soon as you get a return on a size 32 or 24 in a Dakar, let me know. I know you can't do that but worth mentioning since it's always possible you may have a tip for me.
Old 07-15-2014, 08:15 AM   #1131
MtnRider2
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 118
Hey Brian with those Mojave pants, how generous are the thighs? I'm looking for a over the boot dirt/ADV pant and looked at those as a possiblity.

Sam
MtnRider2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 11:43 AM   #1132
Sammax
Unconfused

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnRider2 View Post
Hey Brian with those Mojave pants, how generous are the thighs? I'm looking for a over the boot dirt/ADV pant and looked at those as a possiblity.

Sam
I have the closeout version in size 34 if you want me to measure for you.
Old 07-15-2014, 03:37 PM   #1133
ZLAHiVizBrian
So Viz-able!

Quote:
Thanks Brian, that does help. I figured there was a good reason since that new model was a significant price hike.

Now as soon as you get a return on a size 32 or 24 in a Dakar, let me know. I know you can't do that but worth mentioning since it's always possible you may have a tip for me.
Great, I'm glad. If there is an item that's out of stock, select the size and color, then put your email address in the Yellow box to be notified as soon as we receive more in stock. Or, send me a PM with your email address and I'll happily do it for you.

Cheers,

-Hi-Viz Brian

Old 07-15-2014, 03:42 PM   #1134
ZLAHiVizBrian
So Viz-able!

Quote:

Sam
Hey Sam,

They are pretty generous in the thighs. I am happy to take a measurement for you as well. What size?

-Hi-Viz Brian

Old 07-16-2014, 08:33 AM   #1135
MtnRider2
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
I have the closeout version in size 34 if you want me to measure for you.
Thanks Sammax but I'm beyond a 34 but appreciate the offer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLAHiVizBrian View Post
Hey Sam,

They are pretty generous in the thighs. I am happy to take a measurement for you as well. What size?

-Hi-Viz Brian
How about a 40 and a 42 regular please.
Old 07-16-2014, 09:31 AM   #1136
ZLAHiVizBrian
So Viz-able!

Quote:
How about a 40 and a 42 regular please.
Hey MtnRider2,

I measured around the thighs, 2 inches below the groin seam.
  • Size 40 = 26 inch thighs
  • Size 42 = 26.5 - 27 inch thighs

-Hi-Viz Brian

Old 07-16-2014, 03:40 PM   #1137
MtnRider2
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLAHiVizBrian View Post
Hey MtnRider2,

I measured around the thighs, 2 inches below the groin seam.
  • Size 40 = 26 inch thighs
  • Size 42 = 26.5 - 27 inch thighs
-Hi-Viz Brian
Crap....I was afraid of that. It will be a close one. I'll debate a minute and take a measurment to see just how close.

Thank you.
Old 07-16-2014, 04:52 PM   #1138
60HzShuffle
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 136
Awesome customer service

HVB and Boochzilla

Hats off to George A in customer service. I had a couple unrelated issues, one being United Package Smashers (UPS) related and George responded with blindingly quick speed! Love the rewards program and customer service!

60Hz
60HzShuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 10:05 AM   #1139
ZLAHiVizBrian
So Viz-able!

MtnRider2,

You're welcome. If you decide to order a 40 and 42, shoot me a PM regarding the pair that doesn't fit.

60HzShuffle,

George is in for a GONGing...and he doesn't even know it...YET! I'll hit the crap out of it for you.

Thanks, 60Hz!

-HVB

Old 07-18-2014, 12:28 PM   #1140
Soberman001
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 758
Great Customer Service

Friends
After bring a relatively loyal customer to Revzilla for a few years since I got my KTM 050 Adv, Recently, All of my track day race gear was stolen ($3000) worth of gloves, boots, new Arai helmets, warmers and other things.

They were patient with my emails about the latest gear, found everything I needed. Let me order two sizes of gloves knowing I can send one (unused) set back when I find the right fit, and ensured I had everything I need. As typical for large orders, free shipping and they had everything I needed in stock.

Very few, if any stores I have dealt with in my 20+ years of road and adv riding have been able to impress me. Local shops can be expensive and arrogant, some internet companies have poor service and very high restocking fees while seemingly knowing little about their product..

These guys have it all and unless there is something they just don't carry, I will continue to use them and sing their praises. Glad to have them on the market. And if I have to spend $3000 twice, I would rather do it with them any time.

Soberman001 is offline   Reply With Quote