Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-18-2014, 04:46 PM   #1141
ZLAHiVizBrian
So Viz-able!

Oddometer: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soberman001 View Post
Friends
After bring a relatively loyal customer to Revzilla for a few years since I got my KTM 050 Adv, Recently, All of my track day race gear was stolen ($3000) worth of gloves, boots, new Arai helmets, warmers and other things.

They were patient with my emails about the latest gear, found everything I needed. Let me order two sizes of gloves knowing I can send one (unused) set back when I find the right fit, and ensured I had everything I need. As typical for large orders, free shipping and they had everything I needed in stock.

Very few, if any stores I have dealt with in my 20+ years of road and adv riding have been able to impress me. Local shops can be expensive and arrogant, some internet companies have poor service and very high restocking fees while seemingly knowing little about their product..

These guys have it all and unless there is something they just don't carry, I will continue to use them and sing their praises. Glad to have them on the market. And if I have to spend $3000 twice, I would rather do it with them any time.

Man, I'm sorry to hear that! I'm glad we could make things a little easier for you. We appreciate your loyalty and all the positive feedback, especially in such a tough situation.

After stalking your profile I see you're in New Jersey. If you're ever looking for a buddy to rip around Millville or the Pine Barrens, let me know. The KLR is no slouch (maybe a little), but I also have a few mx bikes I can borrow for a day. The same goes for NJMP.

Have a great weekend !

-Hi-Viz Brian

RevZilla Gear Discussion / Q&A | RevZilla Career Opportunities

Helping riders with gear and little old ladies cross the street | RevZilla.com
ZLAHiVizBrian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 10:49 AM   #1142
jgbnm
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 145
Customer service

My wife got her first bike and ordered a few things from Revzilla. Unfortunately, her DS helmet was a bit big. Called this morning to set up an exchange for an XS. Not sure who she talked to, but they were very polite, helpful, efficient and made it very very easy. The other items fit great (all the web info/descriptions/videos/reviews help a lot). You guys definitely earned her loyalty. Thanks!
jgbnm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 05:25 AM   #1143
ridin gaijin
el camino

Oddometer: 698
Hey guys, thought I'd share some feedback for REV'IT. After some trying on and exchanging of various things, I bought an Excalibur and a pair of Tornados from you a few months back. (Completely happy with purchase.)

Having just finished about 6000 miles of riding in them, can I suggest to REV'IT that they make their zippers much more robust? Bigger, and with bigger tabs that can more easily be grasped with gloves on. The lining system works great, but is fiddly: lots of (small) zippers, tabs, snaps, etc. to piece together. I like the gear and how it fits me, but I think it could be simpler to use, if that makes sense.

Thanks for your dedication,
Mike
'96 R1100GS, the Black Beast. Most recently: 6000 miles thru US + CA. (past) 09 XCountry; 05 Tiger, sold after 32 dual sporting US states; and about a dozen on & off road Japanese bikes, all good in their own way, ridden in the US & Japan. "You just have to ride the bike and not worry." - Hank (with half a million miles on his 95 GS)
ridin gaijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 03:24 PM   #1144
ZLAHiVizBrian
So Viz-able!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgbnm View Post
My wife got her first bike and ordered a few things from Revzilla. Unfortunately, her DS helmet was a bit big. Called this morning to set up an exchange for an XS. Not sure who she talked to, but they were very polite, helpful, efficient and made it very very easy. The other items fit great (all the web info/descriptions/videos/reviews help a lot). You guys definitely earned her loyalty. Thanks!
Thanks, jgbnm. That's great to hear! What bikes do the two of you ride? Is that a 350 or 500 exc I see?

-Hi-Viz Brian

Old 07-21-2014, 03:35 PM   #1145
ZLAHiVizBrian
So Viz-able!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridin gaijin View Post
Hey guys, thought I'd share some feedback for REV'IT. After some trying on and exchanging of various things, I bought an Excalibur and a pair of Tornados from you a few months back. (Completely happy with purchase.)

Having just finished about 6000 miles of riding in them, can I suggest to REV'IT that they make their zippers much more robust? Bigger, and with bigger tabs that can more easily be grasped with gloves on. The lining system works great, but is fiddly: lots of (small) zippers, tabs, snaps, etc. to piece together. I like the gear and how it fits me, but I think it could be simpler to use, if that makes sense.

Mike
That's solid feedback, Mike. Thank you. I will certainly pass that along to REV'IT!. If their future collections feature larger zippers, we know who to thank.

Keep me posted if you have more suggestions.

-Hi-Viz Brian

Old 07-22-2014, 06:08 AM   #1146
jgbnm
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLAHiVizBrian View Post
Thanks, jgbnm. That's great to hear! What bikes do the two of you ride? Is that a 350 or 500 exc I see?

-Hi-Viz Brian
Wife just got a Yamaha XT250 (ideal for a not-so-young beginner). I have a 690 and a Husaberg FE350.

Posted by a way I don't really understand.
jgbnm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 06:34 AM   #1147
ZLAHiVizBrian
So Viz-able!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgbnm View Post
Wife just got a Yamaha XT250 (ideal for a not-so-young beginner). I have a 690 and a Husaberg FE350.
Those are three very nice bikes. Some version of the KTM 690 is on my motorcycle bucket list.

Old 07-22-2014, 09:40 AM   #1148
REV'IT!
Motorcycle apparel

Oddometer: 52
REV'IT! Zippers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridin gaijin View Post

Mike
Hey riding gaijin. We're lurking around here and saw your feedback -- thanks for throwing in your two cents! We use the forum as a way to collect comments/suggestions/etc for our product teams in Europe, and we'll definitely pass on your thoughts.

I would recommend you keep your eyes open next spring too for some expanded liner options... We're trying to cut out the fiddling! If you have other ideas/comments, you can always drop by our forum thread at http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=974521

Ride safe,
REV'IT!
Twitter
Insta
REV'IT! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 10:00 AM   #1149
ZLAHiVizBrian
So Viz-able!

Quote:
Originally Posted by REV'IT! View Post
Hey riding gaijin. We're lurking around here and saw your feedback -- thanks for throwing in your two cents! We use the forum as a way to collect comments/suggestions/etc for our product teams in Europe, and we'll definitely pass on your thoughts.
Thanks for the quick response, REV'IT!.

-Hi-Viz Brian

Old 07-22-2014, 01:07 PM   #1150
MtnRider2
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 107
How would you compare the Gaerne SG12 to the G-React boot? This would be for my 18 year old who rides like well....an 18 year old! He doesn't race but does ride hard. He is coming from very inexpensive and beat up boots so either would be a significant improvement.

How much more protection and/or features are in the 12's?

Sam
MtnRider2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 11:21 AM   #1151
moggi1964
Tiger Keeper

Oddometer: 530
Brian, any word on when you'll have the Avon Storm 3D XM in for the Triumph Explorer?

Sizes: Front 110/80 R 19; Rear 150/70 R 17

Thanks.

Triumph Explorer
moggi1964 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 11:22 AM   #1152
BruceWA
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 478
Rev'It

Rev'It check you PM's.
Old 07-23-2014, 12:21 PM   #1153
ZLAHiVizBrian
So Viz-able!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnRider2 View Post
How would you compare the Gaerne SG12 to the G-React boot? This would be for my 18 year old who rides like well....an 18 year old! He doesn't race but does ride hard. He is coming from very inexpensive and beat up boots so either would be a significant improvement.

How much more protection and/or features are in the 12's?

Sam
Hey Sam,

I compared size 12 SG-12s to size 12 G-Reacts. Below is a picture of each boot back to back. You can see the SG-12s have a lower profile. The picture helps explain what I meant a few posts ago when I compared modern profile (SG-12s) boots to older mx cut boots (G-Reacts).

SG-12s (Left) G-Reacts (Right)

G-React Boots
  • 4lbs 9.4oz per boot
  • Fairly easy to bend at the ankles with my hands. However, it was only easy to bend the G-Reacts laterally. They held firm medially.
  • Larger overall profile
  • Similar hard protection to SG-12s
  • Standard firm footbed

SG-12 Boots
  • 4lbs 13.5oz per boot
  • I was not able to bend them at the ankles, laterally or medially. However, they have a decent amount of flex back and forth due to their dual stage pivot system.
  • Lower overall profile
  • Dense padding around the ankles internally, which locks you in.
  • More comfortable / padded footbed that has horizontal grooves from heel to toes for better grip and air circulation.

From a quality standpoint, both pairs of boots are extremely well made. The added cost of the SG-12s gives you better ankle support that is noticeable (not incremental), a smaller profile, and better overall comfort. If he rides hard, he'll be safer and more comfortable in the SG-12s. The G-Reacts are an exceptional pair of boots, but the SG-12s have the unfair advantage of an extra $200 worth of jibity jibs (as Anthony would say).

If I can help with additional pictures or details, please let me know.

-Hi-Viz Brian

Old 07-23-2014, 02:54 PM   #1154
ZLAHiVizBrian
So Viz-able!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moggi1964 View Post
Brian, any word on when you'll have the Avon Storm 3D XM in for the Triumph Explorer?

Sizes: Front 110/80 R 19; Rear 150/70 R 17

Thanks.
Hey moggi1964,

I'm working with our merchandising department to get those sizes added to our site. It should be completed today or early tomorrow as long as our distributor can source those sizes. I will have an answer for you soon.

-Hi-Viz Brian

Old 07-23-2014, 05:10 PM   #1155
moggi1964
Tiger Keeper

Oddometer: 530
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLAHiVizBrian View Post
Hey moggi1964,

I'm working with our merchandising department to get those sizes added to our site. It should be completed today or early tomorrow as long as our distributor can source those sizes. I will have an answer for you soon.

-Hi-Viz Brian
Thanks mate; considering them for the trip to Indy for the MotoGP. PR3's are just about shot and hearing about poor mileage on the PR4's sadly.

Triumph Explorer
moggi1964 is online now   Reply With Quote