ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-15-2009, 08:59 PM   #106
GS N RVN
Gnarly Adventurer
 
GS N RVN's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Cleveland, OH
Oddometer: 191
Summer Pants - Revit

Patrick sold me a Cayenne Pro (Light Grey -Red) and now I am ready to buy pants for the summer riding. Patrick suggested the turbine pant. What size and color do you guys recommend?

Measurements are as follows:

Hips: 40 1/4"
Waist: 41"
Outseam: 43 1/2"
Inseam: 31"

I wear my pants over my boots (Aerostich Sidi Combat Lites).

Thanks
__________________
2013 Ducati Multistrada S
GS N RVN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 10:42 PM   #107
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.
 
BoochZilla's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Oddometer: 762
REV'IT! Hot Weather Pants

Hey GS,

Thanks for dropping a line. Hopefully the new Cayenne Pro is treating you well. Such a great jacket.

Based on size charts and what I have seen, it is looking like you will be right in the sweet spot of a 54 Short for REV'IT! numeric sized pants. You did measure your waist around your belly-button, correct? Your jeans waist size goes out the window with REV'IT!. Their pants are designed for a much higher waist.

UPDATE:
After talking with Jerry and taking a deeper dive he will be a 56 regular based on being a bit taller and needing a longer inseam.

Color is really up to you. Naturally the lighter colors will be slightly cooler in the Summer as they will reflect more of the suns rays. We sell an equal amount of both.

Give us a ring tomorrow if you like and we will be more than happy to fill in any blanks you have on the Turbine Pant features or any other REV'IT! warm weather pants options in the lineup for that matter.

Also did you see the Comet Glove which was just released? It is a great new addition to REV'IT!'s hot weather lineup for 2009. Easily their best textile adventure glove to date. Just a thought.

Looking forward to hearing back.

Anthony
Quote:
Originally Posted by GS N RVN
Patrick sold me a Cayenne Pro (Light Grey -Red) and now I am ready to buy pants for the summer riding. Patrick suggested the turbine pant. What size and color do you guys recommend?

Measurements are as follows:

Hips: 40 1/4"
Waist: 41"
Outseam: 43 1/2"
Inseam: 31"

I wear my pants over my boots (Aerostich Sidi Combat Lites).

Thanks
__________________
RevZilla.com | RevZilla Gear Discussion / Q&A | RevZilla Career Opportunities

'10 Multistrada 1200
'05 Monster S2R

BoochZilla screwed with this post 12-01-2014 at 03:24 PM Reason: Updating
BoochZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 07:43 PM   #108
OftKilted
Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Virginia, Hell in a Handbasket
Oddometer: 14
While thermal range for a given piece of gear can be very subjective, is there enough feedback on the Infinity to put any numbers to the thermal range that riders have experienced being comfortable with the suit?

Pre-manufacture (back in 2006) the Rev'iT Infinity introduction thread indicated that at speed the four direct chest vents (this was prototype), along with the climate change membrane would provide excellent thermal characteristics.

With the changes from prototype to production and the apparent chest vent changes what have users reported as workable with this four season piece of gear?

How well does the climate change membrane and venting work both from the perspective of keeping you warm in the cold (for those of us who ride when it gets down to 20F) and cool in the heat? (The ever present problem of leaving when it is 29F when you go to work, and nearly 64 when heading home comes to mind, a situation I've seen all too often in the past several weeks.)

To put the inquiry into perspective, I'm currently using a pair of Kelvin gloves that on an naked sports bike without heated grips or other hand protectors to deflect the wind are comfortable down to ~38F (without pre-heating them) for a 45-60minute commute at 55-65mph. I have (with a thin liner glove inside them) used them down to 14F ... but the 45minute trip in left my fingers uncomfortably cold. When much below that upper 30's number I'll put them between two hot water bottles to juice up the PCM and 'pre-warm' them and that will get me in to work. So, from my experience I'd say that the Kelvin gloves have a comfortable thermal range from 38F-75F for extended trips (over an hour). And that with liners, and other tools that they can get into the 20's for short trips of no more than an hour.


Thanks again for the information!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1DAVE on the SVRider Forums
You can wipe off sweat, you can't wipe off road rash.
OftKilted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 12:00 PM   #109
OftKilted
Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Virginia, Hell in a Handbasket
Oddometer: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoochZilla
The Genius gloves are not currently available in the states. They are Europe only. I did speak with Tex at REV'IT! about the potential import of the Genius gloves at some point in the future - he used the word "never" :-/

Sorry for the bad news!

Anthony
*sigh*

So, 4 pages of droolable goodness about the Genius gloves and no possibility in sight. That is mildly disapointing. Given the definitive answer there, the Rev'IT Treo (three finger waterproof winter gloves) are a no as well I would assume.

Though, given the minimal price differential between the Tempest and the Genius it probably isn't cost effective for them to import two almost identical gloves and lead to possible consumer confusion.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1DAVE on the SVRider Forums
You can wipe off sweat, you can't wipe off road rash.
OftKilted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 02:39 PM   #110
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.
 
BoochZilla's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Oddometer: 762
Hey Josh,

You nailed it. I may be overgeneralizing, but the Genius seems to be Tempest with a gaiter in the guantlet.

Expect to hear form REV'IT! re' the Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by OftKilted
*sigh*

So, 4 pages of droolable goodness about the Genius gloves and no possibility in sight. That is mildly disapointing. Given the definitive answer there, the Rev'IT Treo (three finger waterproof winter gloves) are a no as well I would assume.

Though, given the minimal price differential between the Tempest and the Genius it probably isn't cost effective for them to import two almost identical gloves and lead to possible consumer confusion.
__________________
RevZilla.com | RevZilla Gear Discussion / Q&A | RevZilla Career Opportunities

'10 Multistrada 1200
'05 Monster S2R
BoochZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 03:34 PM   #111
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.
 
BoochZilla's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Oddometer: 762
REV'IT! FAQ on first post in this thread

Not sure if folks have seen it, but we have started a REV'IT! FAQ section on the first post in this thread.

REV'IT! FAQ

Feel free to post any other common questions here and we will append and answer them.

Anthony
__________________
RevZilla.com | RevZilla Gear Discussion / Q&A | RevZilla Career Opportunities

'10 Multistrada 1200
'05 Monster S2R
BoochZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 03:47 PM   #112
Badger278
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Badger278's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2004
Location: New Yawk City
Oddometer: 203
In general I hate (dislike) answering questions about how warm or cold something is good for. Every one of us has different feelings when it comes to what is comfortable, and weather conditions can vary from hot/humid-hot/dry-cold/damp-cold-dry and these have a great effect on your comfort as well.

What I can say is that the Infinity wicks well, and is likely to be usable in moderately hot weather, but it is not mesh, and can't be expected to perform like a t-shirt either. :)

As for the Genius/Tempest, they are EXACTLY the same other than the gauntlet.
__________________
Jordan Levitt

2010 R1200GSA 30 Years Edition
2009 HRC RS125 (race bike)
"It all started with that damb BMX bike" Mom
Badger278 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 06:04 PM   #113
GS N RVN
Gnarly Adventurer
 
GS N RVN's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Cleveland, OH
Oddometer: 191
Turbine pants - follow up

Pants arrived today. Length seems good, but a lot of room in the waist. I can bunch up about 2" with my hand. I can cinch it down with the belt, but is this too loose? Fit around legs seems ok with liner.

I will call the shop tomorrow.

JW



HTML Code:
Hey GS,
 
Thanks for dropping a line. Hopefully the new Cayenne Pro is treating you well. Such a great jacket.
 
Based on size charts and what I have seen, it is looking like you will be right in the sweet spot of a 54 Short for REV'IT! numeric sized pants. You did measure your waist around your belly-button, correct? Your jeans waist size goes out the window with REV'IT!. Their pants are designed for a much higher waist.
 
UPDATE:
After talking with Jerry and taking a deeper dive he will be a 56 regular based on being a bit taller and needing a longer inseam.
Color is really up to you. Naturally the lighter colors will be slightly cooler in the Summer as they will reflect more of the suns rays. We sell an equal amount of both.

Give us a ring tomorrow if you like and we will be more than happy to fill in any blanks you have on the Turbine Pant features or any other REV'IT! warm weather pants options in the lineup for that matter.

Also did you see the Comet Glove which was just released? It is a great new addition to REV'IT!'s hot weather lineup for 2009. Easily their best textile adventure glove to date. Just a thought.

Looking forward to hearing back.

Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by GS N RVN
Patrick sold me a Cayenne Pro (Light Grey -Red) and now I am ready to buy pants for the summer riding. Patrick suggested the turbine pant. What size and color do you guys recommend?

Measurements are as follows:

Hips: 40 1/4"
Waist: 41"
Outseam: 43 1/2"
Inseam: 31"

I wear my pants over my boots (Aerostich Sidi Combat Lites).

Thanks

__________________
2013 Ducati Multistrada S
GS N RVN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 08:11 PM   #114
OftKilted
Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Virginia, Hell in a Handbasket
Oddometer: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger278
...What I can say is that the Infinity wicks well, and is likely to be usable in moderately hot weather, but it is not mesh, and can't be expected to perform like a t-shirt either. :)

As for the Genius/Tempest, they are EXACTLY the same other than the gauntlet.
While I can understand the dislike of giving something an expected thermal range, this information even in a limited form can provide valuable insight to buyers. Even comparing it to other garments in your own line can provide help. (As a note of comparison, both Scorpion and Rukka both provide limited thermal information in their catalog for 2009. Scorpion provides temperature ranges [which are likely conservative], and Rukka has a rather hazy temperature bar, that doesn't give actual numbers, just a bar that goes from blue to red and a general indication of where the gear is expected to fall in that range.)

As for the Infinity, thank goodness it doesn't behave like a t-shirt. They're not particularly good against road-rash ;-) And while they can be cool, wind and sun burn aren't my favorites.

I am extremely encouraged with the comments on the wicking aspect of the material. It sounds that with a solid base-layer for a given expected temperature it will give users much flexibility.

The confirmation that the only difference between the Genius and the Tempest is the gauntlet sounds like I may be looking back at the Tempest for cold and wet weather gloves. My Kelvin's tend to get rather soggy in the rain, even with the waterproof liner.

Question:
With the addition of the Gore-Tex to the stable of available materials, can we (hopefully) look forward to the possibility of Gore-Tex Pro Shell Leather gear coming from Rev'IT? (And that gear coming to the U.S.?)

Thanks again!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1DAVE on the SVRider Forums
You can wipe off sweat, you can't wipe off road rash.
OftKilted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 10:34 AM   #115
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.
 
BoochZilla's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Oddometer: 762
Interested in the answer to the Gore-Tex shell question...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OftKilted
While I can understand the dislike of giving something an expected thermal range, this information even in a limited form can provide valuable insight to buyers. Even comparing it to other garments in your own line can provide help. (As a note of comparison, both Scorpion and Rukka both provide limited thermal information in their catalog for 2009. Scorpion provides temperature ranges [which are likely conservative], and Rukka has a rather hazy temperature bar, that doesn't give actual numbers, just a bar that goes from blue to red and a general indication of where the gear is expected to fall in that range.)

As for the Infinity, thank goodness it doesn't behave like a t-shirt. They're not particularly good against road-rash ;-) And while they can be cool, wind and sun burn aren't my favorites.

I am extremely encouraged with the comments on the wicking aspect of the material. It sounds that with a solid base-layer for a given expected temperature it will give users much flexibility.

The confirmation that the only difference between the Genius and the Tempest is the gauntlet sounds like I may be looking back at the Tempest for cold and wet weather gloves. My Kelvin's tend to get rather soggy in the rain, even with the waterproof liner.

Question:
With the addition of the Gore-Tex to the stable of available materials, can we (hopefully) look forward to the possibility of Gore-Tex Pro Shell Leather gear coming from Rev'IT? (And that gear coming to the U.S.?)

Thanks again!
__________________
RevZilla.com | RevZilla Gear Discussion / Q&A | RevZilla Career Opportunities

'10 Multistrada 1200
'05 Monster S2R
BoochZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 10:55 AM   #116
KullZilla
Work Hard, Play Harder
 
KullZilla's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Philadelphia
Oddometer: 97
For those interested, the new AFX Dual Sport Helmets have been on backorder for months and just came back in stock.

There are gonna go quick, we have them for sale at 103.99



KullZilla screwed with this post 12-01-2014 at 03:23 PM Reason: Updating
KullZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 07:34 PM   #117
advnirvana
Gnarly Adventurer
 
advnirvana's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: eastern ontario
Oddometer: 162
Do you have dark visors available for the AFX also?
Thanks
Andy
advnirvana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 10:05 AM   #118
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.
 
BoochZilla's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Oddometer: 762
Hey Nirvana,

We do have them.

AFX FX-37 Shield

Light Smoke ($26.99)
Dark Smoke ($26.99)
Silver Mirror ($32.99)

Happy to help you out.

Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by advnirvana
Do you have dark visors available for the AFX also?
Thanks
Andy
__________________
RevZilla.com | RevZilla Gear Discussion / Q&A | RevZilla Career Opportunities

'10 Multistrada 1200
'05 Monster S2R

BoochZilla screwed with this post 12-01-2014 at 03:25 PM Reason: Updating
BoochZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 06:51 PM   #119
ovenking
Unfloppable
 
ovenking's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: T Dot
Oddometer: 38
Factor pants

I just noticed the Factor pants now come in a short size as well...was this option recently added or am I just really inattentive when placing orders???

The SM regular I got isn't bad, but I think the SM short would just fit me better overall, esp. with placement of the knee pad.

Think I might just have to do an exchange...
ovenking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 02:04 PM   #120
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.
 
BoochZilla's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Oddometer: 762
AFX FX-37 Dual Sport Shots

Just updated to the RevZilla Flickr Account... AFX FX-37 Gallery

Finally in Stock at $103.99. See it here.

__________________
RevZilla.com | RevZilla Gear Discussion / Q&A | RevZilla Career Opportunities

'10 Multistrada 1200
'05 Monster S2R

BoochZilla screwed with this post 12-01-2014 at 03:25 PM Reason: Updating
BoochZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 06:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014