User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-21-2014, 08:07 PM   #1186
FLtrooper
Adventurer

Oddometer: 49
Wicked

Any chance the Laser Monaco Carbon will be on sale in the not so distant future? I have had my eye on it for awhile! :)

:)
FLtrooper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 10:45 PM   #1187
cba191
wanna buy a monkey?

Oddometer: 688
I'm looking at the Klim Latitude Milano, but had a question on sizing. I can't find one to try on. I purchased a powered heated jacket from you earlier this year, and it was a bit too small. You exchanged it for an XL, and it was perfect. I'm leaning towards the XL Latitude. Would that be about right?
Old 08-22-2014, 08:30 AM   #1188
ZLAHiVizBrian
So Viz-able!

Oddometer: 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by cba191 View Post
I'm looking at the Klim Latitude Milano, but had a question on sizing. I can't find one to try on. I purchased a powered heated jacket from you earlier this year, and it was a bit too small. You exchanged it for an XL, and it was perfect. I'm leaning towards the XL Latitude. Would that be about right?
What are your measurements, cba191?
  • Height
  • Weight
  • Chest
  • Waist

I'll also grab some pictures for you.

-HVB

/r/RevZilla Subreddit | RevZilla Career Opportunities

Helping riders with gear and little old ladies cross the street | RevZilla.com
ZLAHiVizBrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 08:34 AM   #1189
ZLAHiVizBrian
So Viz-able!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLtrooper View Post
Any chance the Laser Monaco Carbon will be on sale in the not so distant future? I have had my eye on it for awhile! :)

:)
FLtrooper, I don't believe LaZer has any sales coming up in the distant future.

-HVB

Old 08-22-2014, 10:17 AM   #1190
cba191
wanna buy a monkey?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLAHiVizBrian View Post
What are your measurements, cba191?
  • Height
  • Weight
  • Chest
  • Waist
I'll also grab some pictures for you.

-HVB
6'2"
220#
44" chest
38" waist
34" sleeves

also was wondering about the badlands pro. I don't need all the features, but the venting looks like it's a little better for the desert heat.
Old 08-22-2014, 12:47 PM   #1191
ZLAHiVizBrian
So Viz-able!

Quote:
6'2"
220#
44" chest
38" waist
34" sleeves

also was wondering about the badlands pro. I don't need all the features, but the venting looks like it's a little better for the desert heat.
I recommend the XL Misano over the XL Badlands Pro, especially if you don't need all of the features the Badlands offers. The Badlands and Misano have similar ventilation characteristics. Since the Badlands has a lot of extra features you don't need, it would have to be $270 better at venting to make it worth it, IMO. It's a well ventilated jacket, but doesn't significantly outperform the Misano.
  • Badlands Pro Vents = 8
  • Latitude Misano Vents = 5
The Badlands Pro has two vertical vent slits on each side of the back. The Misano has one large horizontal back vent. Both jackets have massive pit vents that do most of the venting. The Misano has arm vents around the biceps, while the Badlands has bicep and forearm vents. As long as you loosen the adjustment straps on hot days, both jackets have plenty of vents to keep air circulating around your body.

They fit the same. The only sizing difference is sleeve length. The Misano's sleeves are around 1-1.5 inches longer as you can see in the awkward pictures below . I'm wearing a Large in both.

I hope this helps. Let me know if there's anything else I can add.

Old 08-22-2014, 01:36 PM   #1192
cba191
wanna buy a monkey?

Thanks for the reply. I'll have to cone see the store on my salt lake to nova Scotia trip next summer. I was going to try and find a good used deal, but you've been very helpful. You may be hearing from me soon.
Old 08-22-2014, 01:54 PM   #1193
ZLAHiVizBrian
So Viz-able!

You're welcome. If your trip takes you through Philadelphia, definitely stop by and see us. Lunch on me as long as you like diner food. You can hold me to it .

-HVB

Old 08-22-2014, 09:46 PM   #1194
Hikertrash
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,705
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLAHiVizBrian View Post
I recommend the XL Misano over the XL Badlands Pro, especially if you don't need all of the features the Badlands offers. The Badlands and Misano have similar ventilation characteristics. Since the Badlands has a lot of extra features you don't need, it would have to be $270 better at venting to make it worth it, IMO. It's a well ventilated jacket, but doesn't significantly outperform the Misano.
  • Badlands Pro Vents = 8
  • Latitude Misano Vents = 5
The Badlands Pro has two vertical vent slits on each side of the back. The Misano has one large horizontal back vent. Both jackets have massive pit vents that do most of the venting. The Misano has arm vents around the biceps, while the Badlands has bicep and forearm vents. As long as you loosen the adjustment straps on hot days, both jackets have plenty of vents to keep air circulating around your body.

They fit the same. The only sizing difference is sleeve length. The Misano's sleeves are around 1-1.5 inches longer as you can see in the awkward pictures below . I'm wearing a Large in both.

I hope this helps. Let me know if there's anything else I can add.

The Misano jackets being produced in 2014 also have had the two chest pockets converted to mesh vents so now they have 7 vents.
IBA #50489
Hikertrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 10:07 PM   #1195
ZLAHiVizBrian
So Viz-able!

Exactly....and a portion of the chest venting is direct to the slip liner, not to the GTX membrane. The whole 8 vs. 5 vents is not the most accurate. Thanks, Hikertrash.

Old 08-22-2014, 10:13 PM   #1196
cba191
wanna buy a monkey?

Nice!!! That decides it. A shop near me has either a large or XL. It's hiviz, so I don't want that one, but I can try it on at least. I won't take any of their time, but I'll be able to see the fit. If they have the grey in the right size, I'll buy from them to support the local, but otherwise, you will have my order tomorrow.
Old 08-22-2014, 10:18 PM   #1197
cba191
wanna buy a monkey?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikertrash View Post
The Misano jackets being produced in 2014 also have had the two chest pockets converted to mesh vents so now they have 7 vents.
just double checked. The website says 5 vents.
Old 08-22-2014, 10:27 PM   #1198
Hikertrash
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,705
Quote:
just double checked. The website says 5 vents.
I know, but in one of Klim's YouTube videos their sales rep mentions the chest vents. I've owned 3 versions of the Latitude jacket. The 840 and older Misano had solid chest pockets. After seeing the video with the rep mentioning the chest vents, I checked my newest Misano and noticed they now line the pockets with the same mesh as the other vents. With the winglets removed from my 1200GSA, air blows right up into them. I've owned the Badlands and it vents great, but I prefer the newest Misano Latitude because it does vent just as well and since it's lighter, it doesn't seem as hot. I find the Latitude much more practical for me because I never used the Badlands waist belt and took out the chest armor. When you see one in person, look at the chest pockets and you'll see what I'm talking about.
IBA #50489
Hikertrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 10:45 PM   #1199
ZLAHiVizBrian
So Viz-able!

I'll grab a Misano first thing on Monday and snap a few pictures. Hikertrash is right on.

Old 08-22-2014, 10:53 PM   #1200
cba191
wanna buy a monkey?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikertrash View Post
I know, but in one of Klim's YouTube videos their sales rep mentions the chest vents. I've owned 3 versions of the Latitude jacket. The 840 and older Misano had solid chest pockets. After seeing the video with the rep mentioning the chest vents, I checked my newest Misano and noticed they now line the pockets with the same mesh as the other vents. With the winglets removed from my 1200GSA, air blows right up into them. I've owned the Badlands and it vents great, but I prefer the newest Misano Latitude because it does vent just as well and since it's lighter, it doesn't seem as hot. I find the Latitude much more practical for me because I never used the Badlands waist belt and took out the chest armor. When you see one in person, look at the chest pockets and you'll see what I'm talking about.
I'm not going to question anything you say about Klim gear. You have owned more gear than I've even seen. I want something that will vent well in summer and will be warm in winter (with heated gear).