Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2009, 10:09 AM   #121
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

Oddometer: 761
REV'IT! Hot Weather Options

Hey Matt,

That's great that you are easing your wife into the sport. Fun. My wife has had enough as a passenger and now wants to start riding herself. I can't wait.

On to the gear...

Great Questions - Both sets of gear are 100% hot weather specific and the only item in the gear you mentioned with a weatherproof detachable liner is the Turbine Pants. Both jackets and the Rotor pants are single layer mesh/textile composite items. From a warmth perspective, you can extend the use of these pieces past just the summer weather by wearing a windblocking base layer under them. I never have a problem here in Philly in early spring or mid fall as long as I can buffer the flow of air with a base layer.

Also all of the mentioned gear comes in both men's and women's specific sized models with the exception of the Rotor which is a unisex sized pant.

The big difference in the outfits are the protection factors. The REV'IT! Air Jacket and Rotor Pant combo is a medium range / medium price option. Its up to snuff compared normal REV'IT! quality and the armor is CE1 Knox. I personally have an Air Jacket and love it for ripping around town during the hot weather.

The Turbine Jacket & Pants combo is in another league compared to just about everything on the market. It is meant to be the most bombproof and protective hot season gear available. The big upgrades are the use of Dynax Mesh, which is more durable and abrasion resistant than REV'IT!'s normal mesh. They also use Pro-Life (CE2) Armor. Also Superfabric is used on the elbow and knees for added protection on high-impact areas. The styling of the Turbine outfit is also a bit more refined than the Air and Rotor combo.

It may be overkill for a passenger, but it depends on your wife's tastes and what level of protection you are looking for.

In the sport touring / adv space you have womens alternatives in Olympia Motorcycle Gear. There is also Fieldsheer, Firstgear & Tourmaster - they are styled differently but IMO not as nice as the REV'IT! stuff.

You can also hit our Womens ADV Motorcycle Gear Section and narrow from there to see a wider selection of brands.

Let me know what else I could offer.

Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotherGoose

The wife finally wants to start riding on day trips with me. Looking at Rev'it gear (of course). The product offering for intro textile jackets is a little confusing. I think I've narrowed it down to either the Air jacket with the rotor pants or the Turbine jacket and pants combo. I don't really understand the differences between the Air and the turbine if the turbine doesn't offer a waterproof layer. Why should I choose one vs. the other? Keep in mind this is passenger gear for summer day trips so although waterproof liner would be nice it is by no means necessary.

Does your wife ride? If so what gear is she using?

Rev'it aside, is there any other brands I should be considering? I like the Rev'it brand but if she doesn't like the "looks" of the options I choose for here I'd like to have a backup plan.

'10 Multistrada 1200
'07 R1200GS
'05 Monster S2R
BoochZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 01:59 PM   #122
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

Green REV'IT! Cayenne Pro Suit Photo Shoot

We got a request from a local BMW GS'er to shoot the Full Cayenne Pro Suit in Green. We happily obliged and now we can share it here for all to see

5'9" Tall / 155lbs / 38 Jacket
Medium Jacket / Medium Jacket / Large Gloves / 43 Boot

REV'IT Cayenne Pro Jacket and Pants coupled with REV'IT! Apache Boots and REV'IT! Comet Gloves.

See the Full REV'IT! Cayenne Pro Picture Gallery

Anthony

'10 Multistrada 1200
'07 R1200GS
'05 Monster S2R
Old 05-04-2009, 11:52 AM   #123
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

Lois Pryce @ RevZilla Event Recap

Thanks to all who came out to see Lois Pryce at our shop on Saturday. The event was great and the parking lot was filled with a ton of sweet rides!

Anyone who missed it can see the recap / Photo Gallery on our event thread located here.

'10 Multistrada 1200
'07 R1200GS
'05 Monster S2R
Old 05-07-2009, 01:12 PM   #124
MotherGoose
C14GSA?

Oddometer: 103
Thank you

Anthony,

Thanks for the helpful reply.

I placed an order for the Air jacket and Rotor pants combination with Matt this afternoon. I also ordered her a Nolan N103 helmet and a set of Giri gloves.

As was my experience in the past, with the exception of the helmet, everything was in stock and with the near next day shipping, I should have a majority of the items in hand tomorrow or Monday. Also, Matt was a pleasure to deal with on the phone and took his time confirming the size and availability of each item.

Thanks again and pictures of the combo with the helmet to follow soon.

MG
MotherGoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 08:37 AM   #125
TRitt
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 352
Revit .. Air Jacket ...

I'm interested in the Air Jacket but concerned about sleeve length ... 42 chest, 34 waist, 6'2" 185 lbs... Kinda long and lean .. Suggestions ? Tom
TRitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 09:13 AM   #126
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

Air Jacket Sleeve Length

Hi Tom,

Thanks for shooting us a line. Your concern is a common one, we get that question a lot. Long, tall and lean sometimes proves to be a problem in *some* of the REV'IT! gear.

The 2XL will fit your arms but the armor and chest will be very loose and potentially unsafe. The XL will fit your torso and arm armor correctly but the arm length will be about an inch short. We always recommend the safer option.

An XL REV'IT! Air Jacket with a longer gauntlet glove to make up the difference would be the safer choice.

If it doesn't fit we do prepaid exchanges on REV'IT! gear. We could offer you 100% store credit toward something different.. potentially a Firstgear Mesh Jacket which comes in a TALL size.

We also just shot this jacket in the studio yesterday with the new REV'IT! Rotor Pants and GIRI ADV Gloves.

All REVIT Air Jacket Pictures Located Here

Feel free to post any other questions here or give us a ring to chat. We are here to 7pm EST at 877 792 9455, happy to help.

Best,

Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Ritt
I'm interested in the Air Jacket but concerned about sleeve length ... 42 chest, 34 waist, 6'2" 185 lbs... Kinda long and lean .. Suggestions ? Tom

'10 Multistrada 1200
'07 R1200GS
'05 Monster S2R

BoochZilla screwed with this post 05-08-2009 at 09:35 AM
Old 05-08-2009, 09:38 AM   #127
mbfj40
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 160
Liner options for Ignition jacket

Hi Guys, My Ignition jacket has a sleeveless "vest" style of insulated liner. Is there a "sleeved" liner available that would fit. Even if it was from another model of Rev'it jacket? I know the jacket is a "3" season one. I would love to extend that to a "3-1/2" season one. In size 58
thanks mike
mbfj40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 02:43 PM   #128
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

Thermal Extension for the Ignition

Hi MBF,

Good question - but I'll warn you - I don't have a great answer...

Unfortunately REV'IT! does not sell separate detachable liners.

Also, if anyone had an extra thermal liner "lying around", the only REV'IT! liners which are currently being made with full arms are for the 3/4 length coats so they would be too long for your jacket. :-(

Your best bet at the moment would be one of their thermal base layers which would be thin and warm. The three best options would be the Digital, Lynx or Omega Jackets.

Sorry I don't have anything better to report.

Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbfj40
Hi Guys, My Ignition jacket has a sleeveless "vest" style of insulated liner. Is there a "sleeved" liner available that would fit. Even if it was from another model of Rev'it jacket? I know the jacket is a "3" season one. I would love to extend that to a "3-1/2" season one. In size 58
thanks mike

'10 Multistrada 1200
'07 R1200GS
'05 Monster S2R
Old 05-10-2009, 03:10 PM   #129
sjc56
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,130
collar tie broke

I have an Off - Track for a 2 weeks now and am pretty happy with it except for the fact that the little elastic cord that holds the collar open fell apart in less then a week, kind of surprising for a hi end jacket. Anyone know of a fix for this? I like it better then velcro for the couple of days it was together.
Old 05-10-2009, 03:35 PM   #130
ThunderPig
Adventurer

Oddometer: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjc56
I have an Off - Track for a 2 weeks now and am pretty happy with it except for the fact that the little elastic cord that holds the collar open fell apart in less then a week, kind of surprising for a hi end jacket. Anyone know of a fix for this? I like it better then velcro for the couple of days it was together.
I had the exact same thing happen to my new Off-Track jacket, except mine fell apart in less than a week. BTW I did NOT buy it from Revzilla, but I did buy the SAStec back pad from them with great service.

ThunderPig screwed with this post 05-10-2009 at 03:42 PM
ThunderPig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 06:05 AM   #131
sjc56
Beastly Adventurer

I just hope the rest of the jacket is made to higher standards. I got 10 years out of my Kilimanjaro with replacing just one snap.
Old 05-11-2009, 07:53 AM   #132
sjc56
Beastly Adventurer

Well thanks, I was just venting. The dealer I bought it from kind of seems to have no interest in fixing it. I did get it for a good price though. But still they should stand behind what they sell if it fails with in a couple of days.
Old 05-13-2009, 08:01 AM   #133
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

You should ping the guys at REV'IT! - that issue seems like an anomaly, but you should not have to live with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjc56
Well thanks, I was just venting. The dealer I bought it from kind of seems to have no interest in fixing it. I did get it for a good price though. But still they should stand behind what they sell if it fails with in a couple of days.

'10 Multistrada 1200
'07 R1200GS
'05 Monster S2R
Old 05-14-2009, 06:02 AM   #134
sjc56
Beastly Adventurer

Thanks I sent off an E mail to info@revitusa.com
Old 05-14-2009, 07:23 AM   #135
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

Goldilocks and Her New Gear

After some intense deliberation, ADV's own, Goldilocks came in to get fitted for some new REV'IT! summer leathers at RevZilla HQ here in Philly. We happily helped her settle on a Women's Phoenix Jacket and Women's GT Pants. We then dragged her into the studio for an impromptu few shots... not sure if she loved or hated me for it, but she was a good sport

Two wheels down Goldi' and good luck!

Anthony

'10 Multistrada 1200
'07 R1200GS
'05 Monster S2R

BoochZilla screwed with this post 05-14-2009 at 11:29 AM