User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-08-2014, 07:45 PM   #1
crwiseman OP
n00b

Oddometer: 3
1971 Honda SL70 Fuel Bowl Needed

Cross threaded the fuel bowl drain plug today. Looking for the cheapest good quality NOS replacement . . . any suggestions?

1971 Honda SL70 Fuel Bowl Needed
crwiseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 09:36 PM   #2
SculptD
Smells like tech

Oddometer: 361
Maybe strap that 'lil Honda to the back of your BMW R100 sumpthin' and ride it on over to the general Old's cool forum. They can help 'ya.

I'm not exactly sure why, but while many heads are cooled by air, "Airhead" generally means BMW.

Good luck, and welcome to ADV.
Old 08-09-2014, 03:59 AM   #3
Darryl's bmw
Darby

Oddometer: 98
Try here:

http://www.ohiocycle.com/
Darryl's bmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 08:24 AM   #4
Speed King
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,561
I've got hard to find stuff here:

http://www.marblesmotors.com/

Also you are in the Airhead section. Maybe more Honda guys will see this in the regular Old's Cool section. Good luck.
Speed King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 10:36 AM   #5
disston
ShadeTreeExpert

Oddometer: 8,216
The way I understand it everybody was coming out with water cooled bikes and the Beemers were still air cooled until BMW came up with the oil cooled bikes. The oil cooled bikes got to be called Oilies and they were happy. But there was no way to differentiate the Oilies from the other BMW's. The early K bikes, only a few years before the OIlies were being called The Flying Bricks and The Dark Side. But we were still just the Beemers but everybody was a Beemer if they had the roundel on the tank until finally somebody came up with Airhead. I think there is a known first instance of this. It may be in print but I don't know the story any further. I'm not even sure the part of the story I do think I know is all that correct.

Only the bikes are Beemers. Cars are Bimmers.

Airheads are air cooled BMW motorcycles built between 1970 and 1995. We have recently allowed the earlier BMW bikes to congregate here but they are still not an Airhead. Sorry guys but this is how it happened more or less and I believe it is going to stay this way. Changing custom and language usage is worse than trying to herd cats.

I'm still trying to come up with a cute name for the S1000 RR. I think that bike deserves some special attention. But Sexy Beast is not really unique or catchy enough.

Pay your debt, piratejohn.http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=949341
disston is online now   Reply With Quote