ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-21-2009, 09:15 AM   #1531
caycek5
Bionic Man, got Ti

Oddometer: 1,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc morgan
Sorry for your loss. Who's the small dog in the photo?
Thank you for your words.
The small dog is Samantha. She is a boxer/doberman mix I got her about two and half years ago for my wife as her anniversary gift. She has become quite a lovely young lady who is sweet.

When she was about six months old she was determined to fit in her old crate.

My wife got to take her to work daily then.
caycek5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 11:21 AM   #1532
caycek5
Bionic Man, got Ti

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc morgan
Guess we'll see if you and Rvrhwki bat it around for a while.
Come on you know you want to ride down here and grab this tag. It is only calling for a high of about 94 with 20% chance of showers. I'll even sit back for a couple of hours before I post a grab photo.
That would give you time to get here and post it from a local wi-fi spot as there are several around the tag area.

Rvrhwki,I know where the tag is but I don't get your clues. Perhaps you could help the upstaters out some more.
Old 06-21-2009, 11:25 AM   #1533
cbolling
Here...Hold my Beer.

Oddometer: 2,732
The clues didn't do much for me, but that is ok. I am heading to the pool with the kids.
cbolling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 11:54 AM   #1534
caycek5
Bionic Man, got Ti

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbolling
The clues didn't do much for me, but that is ok. I am heading to the pool with the kids.
Wasn't there a thread recently in Jo momma about dropping the kids off at the pool? It can't take that long.
Old 06-21-2009, 12:13 PM   #1535
Rvrhwki
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by caycek5
Come on you know you want to ride down here and grab this tag. It is only calling for a high of about 94 with 20% chance of showers. I'll even sit back for a couple of hours before I post a grab photo.
That would give you time to get here and post it from a local wi-fi spot as there are several around the tag area.

Rvrhwki,I know where the tag is but I don't get your clues. Perhaps you could help the upstaters out some more.
It's too early for anymore hints. If you have not defined all of the Keywords, Keep at it. Knowing the location is only half the tag. What lies below its the Key. Don't go digging though, I'm not bailing anybody out for destroying private property.
Rvrhwki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 12:24 PM   #1536
Rvrhwki
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Wasn't there a thread recently in Jo momma about dropping the kids off at the pool? It can't take that long.
205th post and a jo momma quote Ahh, the irony
Old 06-21-2009, 12:30 PM   #1537
caycek5
Bionic Man, got Ti

I didn't catch that about the quote and post number. That's pretty funny though.
Old 06-21-2009, 01:01 PM   #1538
Joson559
Adventure on!

Oddometer: 325
Found it. But with no help from the clues...

Too bad I'm 150 miles away at the beach!

Still lurking..

Joson559 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 02:37 PM   #1539
caycek5
Bionic Man, got Ti

Grab

South Carolina Bank and Trust on Grevais St in the Vista. This is on the back side near the corner of Pulaski St and Senate St.

Rvrhwki could you please explain your clues as I remember them building this a couple of years back but can not recall what was here before. Protruding from the pine straw are some old 4x4 posts with lights on the that look outdated / out of place for everything else.

I'll post a new tag later.
Old 06-21-2009, 02:48 PM   #1540
outactrl
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 138
I just the clues for the last tag. I'm assuming it has something to do with the Kawasaki KLR because of the doohickitus reference. And I think Meihatsu was a designer or engineer for Kawasaki? I'm off to watch the Ninja Warrior marathon on G4!
outactrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 02:57 PM   #1541
Rvrhwki
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:

South Carolina Bank and Trust on Grevais St in the Vista. This is on the back side near the corner of Pulaski St and Senate St.

Rvrhwki could you please explain your clues as I remember them building this a couple of years back but can not recall what was here before. Protruding from the pine straw are some old 4x4 posts with lights on the that look outdated / out of place for everything else.

I'll post a new tag later.

The main clue was to find out what the word Meihatsu related to . Meihatsu was the factory where Kawasaki originated from. The doohicky reference was to help confirm the keword. You can see the motorcycle parts sticking out of the straw as white objects in the pics. The two mirrors were the most notable . You could also see one bar end and also the handlebars of the wheelbarrow seen in the pics on the web link.

Kawasaki + sourus = Kawasakisourus

http://www.blueskyart.com/articles-id-4260.htm
Old 06-21-2009, 03:00 PM   #1542
caycek5
Bionic Man, got Ti

I see now

Instead of running off to grab it if I had looked for a couple of minutes I would have found http://www.blueskyart.com/articles-id-4260.htm

So if you are not Rudy Mancke as was discussed earlier who are you? I know you said you look up and research things that interest you.

The tag seemed easy and I had wondered why. Now I know why you picked what looked like a gimme tag.
Old 06-21-2009, 03:02 PM   #1543
caycek5
Bionic Man, got Ti

My further research was bruced by three minutes. I was typing as you were posting apparently.
Old 06-21-2009, 03:18 PM   #1544
Hughlysses
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,289
Weird- I found it too, but by mis-interpreting the clues. I found the Kawasaki tie-in, but then wound up with a link to a SC folk artist from Winnsboro, who had a display of his art at the nearby SC State Museum back in 2003. He uses various junk, including motorcycles, in his sculptures. That at least got me to Gervais Street. After that, it was searching for nearby banks and using Google images to match up to your photo. Even if I had jumped on the bike right then (~2 hours ago) I would have still gotten bruced.
Old 06-21-2009, 03:41 PM   #1545
Rvrhwki
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Instead of running off to grab it if I had looked for a couple of minutes I would have found http://www.blueskyart.com/articles-id-4260.htm

The tag seemed easy and I had wondered why. Now I know why you picked what looked like a gimme tag.
I debated about cropping the whole sign out or not. Maybe leaving it in made it too easy though a good eye can still tell its a bank building.