ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-22-2010, 08:19 AM   #4906
kalonji
nihilism or nothing

Oddometer: 1,775
Mi too. Didn't even bother with the first. I was in pomaria lookin at your 802 post at 8:16.
Photobucket(edited due to wrong Bruce photo)

new tag
Photobucket
kalonji is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 10:57 AM   #4907
kalonji
nihilism or nothing

Well Hojo, I had it wrong. That was Ricepaddy's post that was 8:02 you were there even earlier. What was the location of the Pomaria tag? I went down a couple of roads HOPING to find the tag but I stopped to bring up the tag pic and saw it had been grabbed thus not bothering with it. only to be bruced at the next one.

While y'alls posts weren't at the same time as the grab they were quick enough that I wasn't screwed into returning home empty handed. So thank you HOJO and BAGMASTER. We should seriously consider changing the repost time. I think that there will be more cross state riding/tagging if this becomes the case. Hopefully some of y'all will put your two cents in.
I know I am saying this after not posting immediately after my grab. I was trying not to get caught in the thunderstorm that had begun to sprinkle. I know, no excuses. I posted it as soon as I got ahead of the clouds though. I still got rained on while slabbing it back to chucktown if that makes you feel any better. I will take it upon myself to post new tags within fifteen minutes of my grabs.

The midway BBQ tag was 811 main rd, Buffalo SC 29321

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricepaddy
(appologies to the Low Country people).
not necessary... but thanks
Old 05-22-2010, 11:02 AM   #4908
kalonji
nihilism or nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagmaster
New tag. Best pulled pork BBQ, chicken stew, and Carolina hash in the Upstate! Should be easy to find.

Ok, I'm off to the poker run.

This place smelled awesome I wish I could have grubbed. 3 hours from home and the threat of thunderstorms all the way back stopped me but not much else would have. Just realized this......I have one question.....WHERE'S THE BIKE?
Old 05-22-2010, 11:10 AM   #4909
ricepaddy
Ronin

Oddometer: 879
Where's the bike?

Bagmaster got so excited having gotten his first tag he forgot to put his bike in the BBQ photo. Rice--
ricepaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 11:11 AM   #4910
hojo in sc
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 935
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalonji
Well Hojo, I had it wrong. That was Ricepaddy's post that was 8:02 you were there even earlier. What was the location of the Pomaria tag? I went down a couple of roads HOPING to find the tag but I stopped to bring up the tag pic and saw it had been grabbed thus not bothering with it. only to be bruced at the next one.

While y'alls posts weren't at the same time as the grab they were quick enough that I wasn't screwed into returning home empty handed. So thank you HOJO and BAGMASTER. We should seriously consider changing the repost time. I think that there will be more cross state riding/tagging if this becomes the case. Hopefully some of y'all will put your two cents in.
I know I am saying this after not posting immediately after my grab. I was trying not to get caught in the thunderstorm that had begun to sprinkle. I know, no excuses. I posted it as soon as I got ahead of the clouds though. I still got rained on while slabbing it back to chucktown if that makes you feel any better. I will take it upon myself to post new tags within fifteen minutes of my grabs.
I don't know how to post a mapquest photo like you guys do, but the Church is just off Hwy 176 on New Hope Rd, which is just north of Pomaria, or just south of where Hwy 219 veers left (west) off of Hwy 176.

I understand about the concerns of thunderstorms and wanting to find cover for a post. I am in favor of changing the post times as well, we have had a few folks chime in but not very many, and where is PUSkunk, if the post time is changed I think it would need to be changed on the first page under the rules for all (newbies) to read.

I would say that the time should be within an hour or less, say maybe 30 minutes. For those that are uploading via a phone it takes a few minutes (at least it does for me), and like you encountered today, rain makes you want move out of the way. It would take me several minutes to post a photo and then a new tag, so I more than likely, wouldn't be able to do so in the same post like I've seen on another board, it would come a few minutes later for the next photo. That would still give enough time, I sat in Taco Bell waiting for your next tag, and sure enough, you came through at least partially, I wasn't 100% sure which side of the state to drive towards.
hojo in sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 11:17 AM   #4911
hojo in sc
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricepaddy
Bagmaster got so excited having gotten his first tag he forgot to put his bike in the BBQ photo. Rice--
That is what I thought too. I was also bummed when I got there, I was hoping that since Bagmaster was going to a Poker Run, he was leading us to the start of the Poker Run. What a disappointment not to find any motos there.
Old 05-22-2010, 11:46 AM   #4912
kalonji
nihilism or nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by hojo in sc
It would take me several minutes to post a photo and then a new tag, so I more than likely, wouldn't be able to do so in the same post like I've seen on another board, it would come a few minutes later for the next photo. That would still give enough time, I sat in Taco Bell waiting for your next tag, and sure enough, you came through at least partially, I wasn't 100% sure which side of the state to drive towards.
You definitely don't want to try and post two, a grab and a tag, if you're worried about getting BRUCED. That's why I said fifteen, which is reasonable but 30 is better.

Clue, it's not on the coastline. Today while I was riding I was thinking it would be cool if they had those signs {You are now entering South Carolina} at the beach. When you come out of the water you see one of those sticking out of the dunes.

Taco Bell....you totally should have gotten the BBQ bro.
Old 05-22-2010, 11:50 AM   #4913
kalonji
nihilism or nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by hojo in sc
I don't know how to post a mapquest photo like you guys do, but the Church is just off Hwy 176 on New Hope Rd, which is just north of Pomaria, or just south of where Hwy 219 veers left (west) off of Hwy 176.
I thought his tag was five miles down the road from the church. what kind of phone are you posting with? on my iphone I can capture the screen by taking a photo of it. That's why my map posts look like my phone screen. I can't screen capture on my computer still.
Old 05-22-2010, 11:58 AM   #4914
hojo in sc
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalonji
I thought his tag was five miles down the road from the church. what kind of phone are you posting with? on my iphone I can capture the screen by taking a photo of it. That's why my map posts look like my phone screen. I can't screen capture on my computer still.
I'm using a Blackberry Storm, but I may be more of the problem than the phone. Another issue I have is my MAC. I use Smug Mug for my photos, and while on a PC, you can simply 'right click', 'copy', go to ADV Rider Boards and then paste the photo into the site. I can not do that on my Mac, even had my Mac kids try it (they know more about the Mac than I do) with no luck. I download the photos when I remember to grab my digital camera onto my Mac, upload to Smug Mug, then go to my PC and load the photo.

Oh, and I wasn't ready to eat just yet, I drove around for awhile first, checking for updates from ya before I finally pulled in to Taco Bell.
Old 05-22-2010, 12:19 PM   #4915
kalonji
nihilism or nothing

BLACKBERRY SCREEN CAPTURE POSTED FROM iPhone

http://www.labnol.org/gadgets/captur...t-images/6192/

option 3 seems the best
Old 05-22-2010, 12:46 PM   #4916
hojo in sc
Studly Adventurer

http://picasaweb.google.com/m/photo?...142593&start=1

Okay, so that was a little strange. I did NOT 'capture' that photo, I took a photo of my cat and then I said 'capture it'. Why then did picasaweb show up, and why not the photo directly to the boards?

Wait, I don't think the software installed entirely, having to do reboot.

Nope, that didn't work either. When I'm looking at the 'shot' and click on Capture It, I do feel the phone vibrate like it says it will. But when I go to review it, all I see is a black screen.

hojo in sc screwed with this post 05-22-2010 at 01:00 PM
Old 05-22-2010, 01:24 PM   #4917
Laura0107
Retrophilic Rambler

Oddometer: 1,169
I am OK with posting new tags within one hour. It would be nice if the Upstate game would agree to that as well so we'd be on the same page with that. PU Skunk hasn't posted on ADV since Nov. 2009 and I believe he no longer lives here. Once we all agree on a change maybe we could appeal to the mods of this section for help.

I am glad to be here right now. We rode Day 1 of the Broxton Bridge Dual Sport ride today and I got into the mother of all tank slappers at about 50-55 mph on a straight, wide dirt road with very deep sand. The tank slapper went on FOREVER it seemed. I just held the throttle steady and rode it out, but it was pretty scary. Speedy saw it go down in his mirrors. I'm just glad he didn't see ME go down. It's ironic that I was just talking about riding in sand after Ricepaddy's oops yesterday. I am looking forward to getting some 50/50 tires when I wear these Death Wings out.
Old 05-22-2010, 01:43 PM   #4918
kalonji
nihilism or nothing

Google "blackberry screen capture" lots of options come up as well as help forums, good luck
Old 05-22-2010, 02:21 PM   #4919
Bagmaster
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 187
Now how in the heck can I get a good shot of the sign as high as it is and still get the bike in it? No way!! Besides some of you have posted file photos before without your bike in the shot. I always though it was only required for the tag grab so you proved you rode the ride.

You should have ate. Go by there for lunch on Tuesdays and get the chicken and dumplings. Heck, any of the weekday lunch specials are good, all home cook style.
Old 05-22-2010, 02:24 PM   #4920
hojo in sc
Studly Adventurer

It is best to have at least some portion of the bike in the shot, that way we all know you didn't take your cage. Sometimes only the mirror and a part of the handlebar is shown in my photos, but at least something of the moto is in the shot.