ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2009, 05:47 AM   #826
hojo in sc
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 935
Okay, it looks like I stirred up the hornest nest. I only noticed the name of the Tag cuz I saw it showed up on my blackberry (name of the Tag location), because it was saved with the name of the Tag, NOT because the copy and paste method allowed it to be shown. It was NOT intentional, merely an oversight that no one would have ever noticed if they gotten on this site via a PC. I think we all know not to post a google photo with the icon in the corner naming the street, now we all know NOT to SAVE a photo on the PC with the name of the Tag....

That being said, even when you look at this web site via a PC, when you see a photo in someone's post, you can still find the name of that photo (I won't say how), so, be warned, never save a Tag on your PC with the name of the Tag and/or location of said Tag.

Now, lets move on and go get this current Tag and bring it back to MY county where it belongs!
hojo in sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 06:00 AM   #827
cbolling
Here...Hold my Beer.

Oddometer: 2,733
OK, so now that we all know where the tag is lets go get it. It needs to be back in the upstate.
cbolling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 07:19 AM   #828
hojo in sc
Studly Adventurer

BTW Mudslinger, cboiling and I are holding YOU personally responsible for making it a SC Tag and not an UPSTATE Tag. Furthermore, you had a chance to redeem yourself this weekend and bring it back up while you were down there!
Old 04-20-2009, 07:45 AM   #829
marc morgan
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 284
Hey! If you look at the title of the link on the forum to get here, I believe it says "S.C. Tag-O-Rama". I think to do this right we need to have a Tag that has the ocean in the background.....hint , hint! That would be the ultimate tag to bring back to the upstate! ( I know , we've done it once already. So we'll do it again...Is this what they meant by "Northern Aggression? " Okay , just wait , before you start bashing, I'm just poking a little fun!! Remember, I just got back from Charleston and took one of the carriage tours where they had lots to say about that....Charleston was the center of the universe back then , ya'know! )

Besides, this will give us all lots a time to ride , take pictures and fill up out upstate tag photo vaults! Maybe we should add a little more challenge to it by having a photo theme for a month( like , it must be a sign or a building, or a natural structure). Although I have to admit, we are sure learning alot about SC history!
Old 04-20-2009, 07:48 AM   #830
hojo in sc
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc morgan
Hey! If you look at the title of the link on the forum to get here, I believe it says "S.C. Tag-O-Rama". I think to do this right we need to have a Tag that has the ocean in the background.....hint , hint! That would be the ultimate tag to bring back to the upstate! ( I know , we've done it once already. So we'll do it again...Is this what they meant by "Northern Aggression? " Okay , just wait , before you start bashing, I'm just poking a little fun!! Remember, I just got back from Charleston and took one of the carriage tours where they had lots to say about that....Charleston was the center of the universe back then , ya'know! )

Besides, this will give us all lots a time to ride , take pictures and fill up out upstate tag photo vaults! Maybe we should add a little more challenge to it by having a photo theme for a month( like , it must be a sign or a building, or a natural structure). Although I have to admit, we are sure learning alot about SC history!
I've got just the ride to solve this problem, just need to find the weekend!
Old 04-20-2009, 08:05 AM   #831
Hughlysses
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,296
Alright- no whining about the lowcountry location. I could have made it ~75 miles further away at the coast without too much trouble!
Old 04-20-2009, 08:53 AM   #832
Draechon
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,184
Whoo, thanks Hughlysses for bringing it back down! So is there a preference on where the next tag is going?

Also, Hughlysses, do you work on the Air Force Base? My office is off Aviation (right across from the absence of the Plex) and I saw a Ulysses last week during lunch headed toward Rivers and then coming up Perimeter Road on the way back.

Draechon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:00 AM   #833
mangyrat
Low life

Oddometer: 814
Tagged

Francis Marion (February 26, 1732 – February 27, 1795) is considered one of the fathers of modern guerrilla warfare, and is credited in the lineage of the United States Army Rangers

mangyrat screwed with this post 04-20-2009 at 09:07 AM
mangyrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:17 AM   #834
Hughlysses
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangyrat
Tagged

Francis Marion (February 26, 1732 – February 27, 1795) is considered one of the fathers of modern guerrilla warfare, and is credited in the lineage of the United States Army Rangers
There's the "large ape" reference for those of you that didn't pick it up. "Swamp Fox" was the other animal reference.

Draechon- No, I work for SPAWAR, but I was over at CAFB Monday and Friday last week taking the Military Sportbike Rider Course. There were actually 4 Buells there (!); me on my black Uly, one guy on a blue XB12XT, one guy on a black 1125CR, and one of the instructors rides a black Uly.
Old 04-20-2009, 09:30 AM   #835
Land
Wanderer

Oddometer: 3,828
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughlysses
There's the "large ape" reference for those of you that didn't pick it up.
Doh! I didn't think of homophones! I'll tell myself that if I had actually looked a bit and come across guerrilla, I'd have thought, "Guerrilla, gorilla, large ape." But I'm probably deluding myself.

Way to go, mangyrat! Where next?

Chris
Land is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:48 AM   #836
mangyrat
Low life

Oddometer: 814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draechon
Whoo, thanks Hughlysses for bringing it back down! So is there a preference on where the next tag is going?
no preference but ill give clues to where its at. or rather the better half will she picked the tag spot I'm the step and fetch.
Keith ill try keep it with in 100 miles or less of my home.
Old 04-20-2009, 09:59 AM   #837
cbolling
Here...Hold my Beer.

How about 100 miles straight up 26 then I can shoot down there tonight and grab it.
Old 04-20-2009, 10:02 AM   #838
fox102
BORIKEN

Oddometer: 631
Cry BRuced just got back from the TAG+

Okay, hats of to mangyrat....

here is my evidence of humiliation.....
Attached Images

1996 BMW R1100RT
1999 Suzuki Bandit 1200S (Sold)
2005 Kawasaki Ninja 250R (RIP)

fox102 screwed with this post 04-20-2009 at 08:15 PM
fox102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 10:34 AM   #839
cbolling
Here...Hold my Beer.

At least you got to ride today. I am sitting at work looking out the window at a beautiful day and wondering why I listened to the weather man and drove the van today.
Old 04-20-2009, 10:53 AM   #840
Hughlysses
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbolling
At least you got to ride today. I am sitting at work looking out the window at a beautiful day and wondering why I listened to the weather man and drove the van today.
Nothing makes you appreciate how useless weathermen are like riding a motorcycle.