ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2009, 11:22 AM   #841
mangyrat
Low life

Oddometer: 814
New tag is with in 40 miles of Moncks Corner SC. its not in Berkley County.

you can get Gas, fishing tackle, groceries, hardware, BBQ and every state has sampled their country ham's.

its located near a town that sounds like what is on every ones dinner table.

if and when you visit take a cooler and pack it full of bacon or get a ham cut up.
Lots of tasty treats like bacon and more bacon and don't for get some center cut ham.

Old 04-20-2009, 11:26 AM   #842
mangyrat
Low life

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbolling
How about 100 miles straight up 26 then I can shoot down there tonight and grab it.
not a chance your going to have to work for it
Old 04-20-2009, 12:10 PM   #843
Draechon
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,140
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangyrat
not a chance your going to have to work for it
Sweet, I've got this, and have a great tag I'll be posting after I get them both. Mine will be returning to the little history lesson theme though.

Gregg, nabbing your tag is is a bit of ride, but extremely simple on directions, since I'll only be taking two turns after I leave my neighborhood.

Draechon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 12:51 PM   #844
Land
Wanderer

Oddometer: 3,820
mangyrat,

Cool KLR. Is that paintjob new, or was I just that unobservant when you put up the Mepkin Abbey tag? Edited to say that I was that unobservant.

Thanks for the heads up on this place in your new tag. I'm definitely stopping there the next time I head to the beach. I love those kinds of places, and there aren't many of them left, unfortunately. I don't have time for the 400-plus mile roundtrip this week, but I may just have to make a special trip sometime. It looks like Draechon is going after it. I wonder if he'll get bruced.

Chris
Land is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 01:08 PM   #845
mangyrat
Low life

Chris its been like that for a while last year some time i put a vinyl wrap "red reptile scales"on it.
i got tired of it turning pink so i covered it.

Keith don't forget to pick up some bacon and a BBQ sandwich while your getting the tag.
the wife didn't have to twist my arm when she suggested it for the new tag i was hunting for the cooler 2 seconds after she said the name.

I'm looking forward to hunting down your tag Keith.
Old 04-20-2009, 01:17 PM   #846
Hughlysses
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,216
Man, I was sorry I was at work today- I had this one nailed too. I grew up in the nearby town in question and worked at this place during the summer and on Saturdays when I was in high school (early 1970's) for the original owner (the guy that built it). I pumped lots of gas, stocked shelves and coolers, cut lunch meat and cheese, swept floors, and even changed tires on the manual tire changer that used to be outside.

Mr. Theron (the original owner) actually lived upstairs when he built the store. Oh yea, it's even got its own SC historical marker out front now.
Old 04-20-2009, 01:17 PM   #847
cbolling
Here...Hold my Beer.

Oddometer: 2,702
Well I guess I won't be going after this one either.

cbolling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 01:18 PM   #848
Land
Wanderer

Quote:
Chris its been like that for a while last year some time i put a vinyl wrap "red reptile scales"on it.
It looks great.

Quote:
i got tired of it turning pink so i covered it.

Old 04-20-2009, 01:20 PM   #849
Land
Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughlysses
I pumped lots of gas, stocked shelves and coolers, cut lunch meat and cheese, swept floors, and even changed tires on the manual tire changer that used to be outside.
I sure hope you washed your hands, young man!

Chris
Old 04-20-2009, 01:46 PM   #850
Hughlysses
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Land
I sure hope you washed your hands, young man!

Chris
Me too! It was a pretty interesting place to work, especially during the summer. Some of the beach traffic that stopped in was really nice...
Old 04-20-2009, 07:23 PM   #851
cbolling
Here...Hold my Beer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draechon
Sweet, I've got this, and have a great tag I'll be posting after I get them both. Mine will be returning to the little history lesson theme though.

Gregg, nabbing your tag is is a bit of ride, but extremely simple on directions, since I'll only be taking two turns after I leave my neighborhood.
So did you go or not? I actually considered making a run for it after work today but I thought you were going and I new that there was no way for me to get it before you did.

Instead I stayed home and a got my next tag picture and hid 2 Geocaches with one of my sons.
Old 04-21-2009, 02:22 AM   #852
Hughlysses
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbolling
So did you go or not? I actually considered making a run for it after work today but I thought you were going and I new that there was no way for me to get it before you did.
I hope he took his rain gear!
Old 04-21-2009, 04:53 AM   #853
Draechon
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,140
No, unfortunately the pouring down rain stopped me. I ventured out and got about 10 miles outside the Creek before the pouring rain kept stopping me. I'm just going to shut up about grabbing a tag until I actually have it in my possession now (which should be 5:30 this afternoon).

And for those of you that don't know, I'm currently terrified of the interstate and don't like riding in the rain above 50 right now as I went down on the interstate in February in light rain going 65 (low side turned into a high side), the bike going off into the median about 50' and me sliding past the guard rail on the opposite side on the shoulder about 50'. Fear of being impaled on the guard rail is why I laid her down as I was sliding sideways on the rubber straight toward the rail. If it had been dry, I would've been able to save it, but the ground was too slick.

Draechon screwed with this post 04-21-2009 at 05:06 AM
Draechon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 05:05 AM   #854
cbolling
Here...Hold my Beer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Land

You probably have time to make your 400-mile round trip to go get this tag, by the way, since most of the folks downstate would have to go buy a motorcycle, get it insured and registered and all that jazz before they could actually ride to claim the tag.

Chris
Well, it looks like you were right. Not much ridin' going on. I knew I should have gone for it.

cbolling screwed with this post 04-21-2009 at 09:23 AM
Old 04-21-2009, 05:32 AM   #855
Hughlysses
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draechon
No, unfortunately the pouring down rain stopped me. I ventured out and got about 10 miles outside the Creek before the pouring rain kept stopping me. I'm just going to shut up about grabbing a tag until I actually have it in my possession now (which should be 5:30 this afternoon).

And for those of you that don't know, I'm currently terrified of the interstate and don't like riding in the rain above 50 right now as I went down on the interstate in February in light rain going 65 (low side turned into a high side), the bike going off into the median about 50' and me sliding past the guard rail on the opposite side on the shoulder about 50'. Fear of being impaled on the guard rail is why I laid her down as I was sliding sideways on the rubber straight toward the rail. If it had been dry, I would've been able to save it, but the ground was too slick.
That was some serious rain yesterday afternoon. NOT a good time to be riding amongst the idiot cagers of the lowcountry.

Alright guys- the race is still on! BTW- I found an old ride report I posted here about 4-1/2 years ago which features the current and previous tags. Once the new tag gets claimed I'll post a link to it.