ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2009, 05:50 AM   #121
hojo in sc
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 935
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc morgan
Well what do you know. I was on my way to work this morning, taking my usual route and what should I see but this :
http://mudslinger.smugmug.com/photos...YobM&rand=4573
Built between 1825 and 1830, this circuit church is one of the oldest in the area. It is rich in ecclesiastical architecture, which is commom to rural churches. In 1915, the last 14 members transferred membership to the present day Inman Methodist Church.

Mudslinger
What were ya going to work for!
hojo in sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 07:22 AM   #122
driller
Twist and Go

Oddometer: 1,219
That is a neat spot. Do you think any of the stones in the cemetery date back to the original structure?
Morning light=magic light for pics.

Where to next?
2011 PCX 125
2006 Fly 150 "BlowFly 200"
driller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 07:38 AM   #123
marc morgan
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 284
I work on an open heart surgery team. We had a STEMI code come in and I needed to be there to put them on the heart-lung machine so they could have new pipes put on the heart!
Hopefully this won' take too long and I will get out in time to post the next tag
This time...."no peeke peeke!!"
Bulleteer,
Due to the urgency of my ride, I didn't have time to walk around the cemetary but I believe there are some original headstones. there. Just go down Blackstock rd out of downtown Inman( off 292), It will turn into New Cut Rd( so the street sign said...a little confusing) Keep going and the Church Marker is on the left side of the road about a 1/4 mile down after you pass New Cut /Blackstock intersection. Should be a nice day. Go for a ride/walk

Mudslinger
Old 01-31-2009, 07:40 AM   #124
marc morgan
Gnarly Adventurer

My apologies...meant to say "driller" But if Bulleteer is reading, you should go too!

Still getting use to names.

Mudslinger
Old 01-31-2009, 08:31 AM   #125
hojo in sc
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Hopefully this won' take too long and I will get out in time to post the next tag
This time...."no peeke peeke!!"
Mudslinger
Hey, I deserved it since I got taken on a wild goose chase, and who pointed it out to ya! You need to be careful, this thing will take over your life and drive you nuts.
Old 01-31-2009, 10:34 AM   #126
driller
Twist and Go

Oddometer: 1,219
Must ---find ---tag
2011 PCX 125
2006 Fly 150 "BlowFly 200"
driller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 01:03 PM   #127
marc morgan
Gnarly Adventurer

Okay Driller and all the rest ....here it is.
Since this IS an adventure forum an lots of Dual-sport conversation is here, I thought the next tag should have a "dual -sport " theme.
I apologize again for all those drooling today to ride to a tag but work does get in the way. I'm doing my best. There is still some good daylight left

I'm only giving one clue:

Some would call this the "ultimate " off road experience!

Now all you dual-sport wannabe's without knobby tires, if you can handle your iron steed with any type of control you should have no trouble getting it here for a shot!

Go get it and good luck
(I know its only one clue but for some , that might be all it takes...lets wait and see!

Mudslinger
Old 01-31-2009, 02:15 PM   #128
hojo in sc
Studly Adventurer

Darn good photo! Would have loved to seen a shot of the bike on the bridge though. Your tire tracks were fresh, I can tell that your running TKC80's and it looks like the back tire is a bit worn down, you probably have at least 3,000 miles on 'em.

Old 01-31-2009, 02:31 PM   #129
marc morgan
Gnarly Adventurer

Hey!! was that you I saw on the other side of the highway when I took this photo? LOL Just kidding. Nice tag! Did you recognize the view or was it the clue?
I see what you mean..."You need to be careful, this thing will take over your life and drive you nuts.".......
I was hoping to use my next clue..."my bike could call this place home!"
Oh well, on to the next, or maybe I'll sit this one out!

mudslinger
Old 01-31-2009, 02:35 PM   #130
hojo in sc
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Hey!! was that you I saw on the other side of the highway when I took this photo? LOL Just kidding. Nice tag! Did you recognize the view or was it the clue?
I see what you mean..."You need to be careful, this thing will take over your life and drive you nuts.".......
I was hoping to use my next clue..."my bike could call this place home!"
Oh well, on to the next, or maybe I'll sit this one out!

mudslinger
That clue gave it away for me, "ULTIMATE", if you had said ULTIMATE DRIVING MACHINE", that would have been a dead give away!

Another neat thing, I saw 4 Red Tail Hawks while doing this, 2 on the way out and 2 on the way back (all different locations). I also saw 4 blue lights, all were (too) busy

I have to figure out this new phone, I could have had it posted in even more record time.
Old 01-31-2009, 03:15 PM   #131
GMFDBob
Adventurer

Oddometer: 38
I had left the house around noon to run down to the gun shop and never saw the bridge tag.
GMFDBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 03:45 PM   #132
Bulleteer
Aimless Wanderer

Oddometer: 336
Hmmm.....

Somehow we need to get this game out of Spartanburg County.

Bulleteer screwed with this post 01-31-2009 at 03:59 PM
Bulleteer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 04:10 PM   #133
marc morgan
Gnarly Adventurer

I agree Bulleteer to get it out of Spbg county. My fault ; was on call and couldn't post a tag too far away. Maybe Hojo can put one down in the low country. I really want to get back down to Francis Marion ! That will be my excuse to go! That's why we play this game, right?

So Hojo you took that pic with your Blackberry? nice pic. And of course , I guess you can post it on the spot?

I too saw a huge redtail as I was leaving the tag. And yes , saw plenty of blue lights on N. bound as I was headed S. bound.

Mudslinger
Old 01-31-2009, 06:19 PM   #134
hojo in sc
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
I agree Bulleteer to get it out of Spbg county. My fault ; was on call and couldn't post a tag too far away. Maybe Hojo can put one down in the low country. I really want to get back down to Francis Marion ! That will be my excuse to go! That's why we play this game, right?

So Hojo you took that pic with your Blackberry? nice pic. And of course , I guess you can post it on the spot?

I too saw a huge redtail as I was leaving the tag. And yes , saw plenty of blue lights on N. bound as I was headed S. bound.

Mudslinger
No, I did not take the photo with my phone, I'm still trying to figure the darn thing out, just glad that I didn't loose all my contacts and a sigh of relief that I managed to salvage (after much work and 15 hours on the phone with tech support), my calendar.

Francis Marion! Well, I plan on moving the tag further, but I aint going that far tomorrow, gotta watch the big Bowl game at 3:00 tomorrow. Yes, I said 3:00, I'm gonna watch the Puppy Bowl on the Animal Planet, can't wait for the half time show (meow)!

So guys (and gals), be patient, it's dark out right now and the tag is mine, but don't sleep in, be prepared to ride, cuz I plan on having it posted by nine (a.m.).
Old 01-31-2009, 06:56 PM   #135
marc morgan
Gnarly Adventurer

Just realized for those in the game( we nevr said where the tag was) , the last tag was at the BMW Performance Center off road track off hwy 101 in Greer.

Mudslinger.