ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West – California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-25-2009, 08:22 PM   #1
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"
 
NSFW's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Burbank CA
Oddometer: 16,239
2nd march full mOOn nOOb's DV redux

hello all nOObs and non noobs...we have another DEATH VALLEY RIDE..

this is the spring version of the 2nd DV nOOb raLLy this coming march 13th, 14th, and 15th (tentative).

base camp is pananmint springs, same as last year.

2nd nOOb raLLy
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=405257

1st march full mOOn nOOb's DV redux
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...h+Death+Valley


last year pics...........


































some pics are from sito and dannyGs smug collections.

who's coming?..............we need to make reservations at panamint springs, the earlier we can a group committed, we can reserve adjoining camping spaces.

suggestions? hopefully by then, snow will be gone at the higher elevations...hunter mountain?, cerro gordo?, chloride cliffs?
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 09:10 PM   #2
Nowwhat
I'll Go Second...
 
Nowwhat's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: On the Ground Laughing
Oddometer: 4,720
In and IIIINNNNNN.........

I missed Steele Pass last trip....gotta get that checked off the list...
Nowwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 09:53 PM   #3
A.Vern
One Man Wolf Pack
 
A.Vern's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Transplanted in North Padre Island, Tejas
Oddometer: 974
In.

I'm moving out of the desert the week after, so it will be a great last run.



Vern
A.Vern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 11:10 AM   #4
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"
 
NSFW's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Burbank CA
Oddometer: 16,239
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowwhat
In and IIIINNNNNN.........

I missed Steele Pass last trip....gotta get that checked off the list...

+1

do the hunter mtn/steel pass on day 1 or 2.

this is going to be one BIG loop and having a full moon will help navigating at night...

still have the time to put those $80 hid headlights!
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 12:21 PM   #5
punkenduro
now in a cage...
 
punkenduro's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Murrieta, Ca
Oddometer: 738
nice, im going to have to say maybe on this one, more than likely in. i have been thinking of doing one of your la sunday rides too, just havent had the stars align yet to have it happen (bikes waiting on parts, money situations a little better but dad thinks that moneys to fix the car). hopefully the weather will be a little bit warmer this time and i wont eat shit.
__________________
the bike, the ride reports, and what ive riden this week:ymca, da cage?
“There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of killing innocent people.”
howard zinn
punkenduro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 11:49 PM   #6
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"
 
NSFW's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Burbank CA
Oddometer: 16,239
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkenduro
nice, im going to have to say maybe on this one, more than likely in. i have been thinking of doing one of your la sunday rides too, just havent had the stars align yet to have it happen (bikes waiting on parts, money situations a little better but dad thinks that moneys to fix the car). hopefully the weather will be a little bit warmer this time and i wont eat shit.
you better show up...we need a genuine nOOb on this ride.... everyone is getting tired of me claiming to be a nOOb, maybe this time an old nOOb....

we still have plenty of time, still 1 1/2 month away to take care of bike and scheduling issues.

8)H
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 03:10 PM   #7
KLR_Woody
pass the noobage
 
KLR_Woody's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: Dallas, TX
Oddometer: 172
sounds like fun

Count me in!
__________________
4 out of 5 voices in my head say to leave work early and go RIDE. Majority rules- i'm outta here !
KLR_Woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 03:12 PM   #8
KLR_Woody
pass the noobage
 
KLR_Woody's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: Dallas, TX
Oddometer: 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8chains
you better show up...we need a genuine nOOb on this ride.... everyone is getting tired of me claiming to be a nOOb, maybe this time an old nOOb....

we still have plenty of time, still 1 1/2 month away to take care of bike and scheduling issues.

8)H
I've seen him ride- he's no noob.
__________________
4 out of 5 voices in my head say to leave work early and go RIDE. Majority rules- i'm outta here !
KLR_Woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 06:06 PM   #9
Nowwhat
I'll Go Second...
 
Nowwhat's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: On the Ground Laughing
Oddometer: 4,720
Figure we will want this link....

http://www.dvnha.org/morning_report/Morning.pdf
Nowwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 09:05 PM   #10
sito
Where the Hell am I?
 
sito's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Glendora CA
Oddometer: 1,543
Nowwhat were are going to stay? I maybe in, I need to find my buddy a dualsport or a rental so I can drag his ass out on one of these rides! Anyone know a good place that rent a DR or KLR or Honda in socal? 400cc to 650cc
eaglerider has gs and 950's, to much bike he's a good rider but those bikes cost to much if you do drop it just in the parking lot!
__________________
I'm a GPS Wizard follow me?
sito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 09:10 PM   #11
Nowwhat
I'll Go Second...
 
Nowwhat's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: On the Ground Laughing
Oddometer: 4,720
Quote:
Originally Posted by sito
Nowwhat were are going to stay? I maybe in, I need to find my buddy a dualsport or a rental so I can drag his ass out on one of these rides! Anyone know a good place that rent a DR or KLR or Honda in socal? 400cc to 650cc
eaglerider has gs and 950's, to much bike he's a good rider but those bikes cost to much if you do drop it just in the parking lot!
There are rooms at Panamint Resort.... ... .....good enough http://www.deathvalley.com/psr/index...d=15&Itemid=31 ....Kawasaki/KTM Santa Monica rents KLRs....310-822-1045....
Nowwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 09:20 PM   #12
Nowwhat
I'll Go Second...
 
Nowwhat's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: On the Ground Laughing
Oddometer: 4,720
I have a room reserved.....
Nowwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 09:28 PM   #13
TUCKERS
the famous james
 
TUCKERS's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Location: Villa Maria Sanitarium, Claremont, CA.
Oddometer: 11,629
Are you guys 'moto-crossing' or jogging around looking at scenery and drinking a few beers?

the famous james and the fabulous colleen
__________________
James and Colleen Tucker.
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
DMV work/insurance/registration/titles/address use/room rental/motorbike&vehicle buying/travelers help/problems solved
TUCKERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 09:53 PM   #14
Nowwhat
I'll Go Second...
 
Nowwhat's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: On the Ground Laughing
Oddometer: 4,720
Quote:
Originally Posted by TUCKERS
Are you guys 'moto-crossing' or jogging around looking at scenery and drinking a few beers?

the famous james and the fabulous colleen
You will find both with this group....
Nowwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 10:05 PM   #15
Speed Racer
Falling is bad
 
Speed Racer's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2005
Location: Sacramento & Alta
Oddometer: 198
Name that break!

Had a blast last year. Unfortunately, I doubt I will be riding in March of '09. Might come down anyway, but even that's sketchy.

Anyway, name this break! First one gets it right wins a beer at Panamint Springs when we next meet there. Here's a hint: It's my left ankle.
.
__________________


Is the petcock on?

Speed Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 02:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014