ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2009, 08:40 PM   #61
Johnny Drunkard
sQuishy

Oddometer: 6,518
City of Boulder hiring wastewater operators & trainees.

Greetings Rockies' peeps, I came across this today on one of the wastewater sites, figured it couldn't hurt to get the word out.

You'll need to contact the COB for the details, but if you've got some form of mechanical/process background and have some science/math (high school level will do), you probably qualify for a trainee position.

The bad new is the starting wages are low @ $13.66/hr.

The good new is that once you get your foot in the door and get certified, you can move up the ladder fairly quickly. Typically once certified (6-18 mos.) you'll get a 10-15% bump in pay. The job is also as recession proof as they come...people still crap in a recession. Additionally, because a large percentage of qualified operators are retiring in the next 5-10 years, there will be lots of upward potential in the next few years.

It varies by location, but a certified operator with 5 yrs. experience typically makes $25-$35/hr with full bennies. Mgmt jobs are in the $30-$50 range. Get some experience, jump to the private sector and you can make even more.

So, if you're youngish and looking for a career, or not so youngish and can afford to be underpaid for the first few years, you too could be an overpaid, underworked, lazy government worker with a pension, healthcare, and paid vacation in a field that is as stable as they get.

City of Boulder site

Job description
Johnny Drunkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 09:10 PM   #62
vmabuck
Clutch Killah

Oddometer: 441
Pecos River BBQ Co.

Located in Pecos NM just past the Griego Gas Station on hwy 50 across from the Farrell Gas Co.

Look for the shack!

Get your BBQ fix and some good ADV riding to boot!
vmabuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 06:16 AM   #63
skortch
mmm... curvy

Oddometer: 601
Foerster Interactive Arts, LLC
www.foersterarts.com
Fort Collins, CO

FIA specializes in 3D animation and illustration for a wide range of clients, including consumer products, medical device manufacturers, pharmaceuticals, and new energy producers and researchers.

We also have links to a talent network of fellow animators and video producers to allow us to tackle projects large and small.

Direct animation link:
http://www.foersterarts.com/FIA_animation.html
Old 06-13-2009, 09:28 AM   #64
dougedoug
split personality

Oddometer: 99
Cool2 Gearhead at large

I have been riding since i was 8 years old and only discovered road riding about 9 years ago and still ride every chance i get. I was a European car mechanic for fifteen years and have been a motorcycle professional for the last six. I am now the service manager of Centaur cycles and have worked for Richard and Meg Meltz for the last three Years. Richard and Meg are great people to work for and nice to a fault. I was the #2 0-200cc off road/cross country amatuer in the state in 2001 and remain an avid off road rider to this day. I have a KTM 300 EXC that is my dream dirt bike but it's hard to find people to ride with at the pace that bike will do. Last road ride was Santa Fe to the Gila wilderness area and back,what a blast,super reccomended ride,awsome! What more can i say,live to ride,ride to live,and only when they pry the handlebars from my cold dead hands will i cease!
dougedoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 05:17 PM   #65
Dysco
caddis muncher

Oddometer: 15,790
I am still an unemployed and broke college student.

I also have access to a NICE tiller that'll go down about 10". If you've already called 800.dont-dig, I can show up with the Behemoth and till whatever you need in no time.

For a garden space you might want to till in a few yards of compost, too...
Dysco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 08:24 PM   #66
DirtyDen
Never down, never ridden

Oddometer: 38
Plumbing, Heating and Mechanical Systems

Factory Rep. for Viega, the world’s leader in press technology. We manufacture plumbing, heating, and mechanical systems such as ProPress, SnoIce, ProRadiant, and Pex potable water systems. I manage Colorado, part of Wyoming, New Mexico, Texas Panhandle, and Oklahoma.

www.viega.com
2004 Yamaha YZ450F
2002 BMW F650GS Dakar (Garlow Special)
Looks like a pattern
DirtyDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 01:39 PM   #67
selaznog
Avoiding pavement

Oddometer: 2,525
Law firm receptionist in Albuquerque

Position is open now. Professional environment. Must have good phone demeanor. Hours are M-F, 8-5 with a one hour lunch. PM me if you know anyone interested.

Steve
selaznog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 08:18 AM   #68
FatChance
Road Captain

Oddometer: 10,013
Another full-time ADVRider looking for work

I may as well register here as well. I have a degree in geology and worked as an exploration geologist all over the west and overseas. After going to graduate school and learning how to program, I spent several years writing geologic and geophysical modeling software for some of the international geophysics companies. For the last 20+ years, I have owned and run a small software consulting company that worked exclusively for Merrill Lynch's corporate systems office. I wrote and maintained the software that ML used to produce over a half-million account performance reports every quarter for all of their fee-based investment products. We also wrote a lot of other internal and external manager marketing reports and data management programs. Basically a large legacy system started back in the mid-80s. Since Bank of America bought ML, we were made redundant and ML informed us a that as of the end of June, our 20 year contract would not be continued so as of the first of July, I have no job. I had hoped to work a few more years as retirement is not quite practical yet, but it was a good run and I'm ready for a new direction.

It is a good resume with a wide range of experience, but a tough time to find a suitable position. Any help would be appreciated!

- Calculated risk or forbidden fruit?
FatChance is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 05:37 PM   #69
MrBob
Jambo!

Oddometer: 7,202
Bob's Home Services

I have over 25 years of experience as a carpenter and woodworker and am available for medium to small sized remodeling work. It won't cost you anything to ask questions so feel free to do so. Many people have also hired me to help them plan DIY projects and avoid some of the more common mistakes. Jobs are priced by the hour or by bid and it is extremely important to me to be there when I say I will.
I live in Longmont and prefer to work in a 20 mile radius.
Old 07-13-2009, 09:38 PM   #70
wyowillys46
F=mA

Oddometer: 2,065
Just graduated from the University of Wyoming and currently unemployed.

Mechanical Engineer (B.S., EIT), Mechanical Technician & Power Plant Operator

I have 5 years experience operating and maintaining:
  • Distilling plants
  • Air compressors (HP & LP)
  • Chilled water plants
  • Refrigeration plants
  • Kitchen equipment
  • Electro-hydrualics
  • Low pressure steam systems
  • Oil/water separators
  • Marine diesels
  • Pumps
  • Valves
  • Piping systems

Two of those years were spent simultaneously running a propulsion plant consisting of 4 LM2500 gas turbine engines.

I also have experience operating lathes, mills, brakes, shears, presses, MIG welders, and other associated machine shop equipment. Proficient with MS Word, MS Excel, LabVIEW, Mathcad, MATLAB, G-Code, and some SolidWorks.

Ideally I'd like to find an entry level position in Mechanical Design or Manufacturing.
Old 07-22-2009, 05:53 PM   #71
Colorado CJ
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 849
Advanced Applicators LLC - Sandblasting/Painting

Thought I'd post this up here. I own a Sandblasting/painting company which is located in Loveland, CO. We do everything from small engine parts, up to large scale steel work, mixing plants, etc...

We do both portable and shop work, give free estimates, etc... We can travel to jobsites hours away also. We've been in business (my dad and myself) for a combined 55 years. If it can be blasted, we can do it.

--Andy

'09 DL650
'06 DR650

Colorado CJ screwed with this post 07-22-2009 at 05:58 PM
Colorado CJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 08:35 AM   #72
Lomax
Nanu-Nanu Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,341
Please Help

Well after this West Fest weekend it will be getting desperate for this old kid. If any one knows of any type of work available I will be willing to give it my best 100% shot. I need to be doing something.

I can't really do any heavy lifting on a consistent basis but that is my only limitation. I have a background in computers as I supported a Unix based application for that last 27 years and have used Windows extensively. Unfortunately I am not certified in Windows admin. I am also a licensed Aircraft mechanic and pilot (although not current) so can do light mechanics. I have also driven all sorts of machinery but currently do not posses a CDL. I can run a cash register and even flip a burger if needed.

The best thing is that I can learn any new type of business and excel. I can do it all but never got the paperwork to prove it. My biggest regret in life.

If you have anything that you need help with or any leads it would be greatly appreciated.

My contact information is in my profile.

Oh yea and I need a room mate.

Thanks.

Marc
Old 08-20-2009, 06:39 PM   #73
Subcanis
Unskilled Aerofixer

Oddometer: 1,098
Aviation

Im looking to relocate. Years of line experience (6 officially, but I grew up at an airport). Know ATA 103 inside and out. Chevron/Texaco QC trained. FAR 139.321 current. Private pilot and powerplant (airframe soon) licenses. Current line supervisor, assistant trainer, and QC supervisor. Homebuilder. EAA and AOPA member.
Old 08-26-2009, 11:27 AM   #74
FJjosh
n00b

Oddometer: 6
I want a BMW...so I'll make you a movie. (cheap)

If you have photos or video of your recent adventure, and if you want a well polished video (with music) on a DVD with all of your media, contact me and I will create an awesome video for you to watch over and over and over again.

Since I consider myself an Am-Pro, you will get a really good deal. Email me for samples or questions at fjjosh@gmail.com

I'm saving every penny for a BMW GS Adventure.

FJjosh
FJjosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 08:31 AM   #75
Roostn
On the Throttle Stop

Oddometer: 299
Handgun Training Class near Bailey CO- ADVRider Pricing

Hey guys,

When I am not out moto-adventuring, I teach tactical handgun classes. I know a lot of you guys shoot too so, I have a One Day Tactical Handgun class with CCW signoff coming up on September 19th at the Buffalo Creek Gun Club. ADVRiders get $25 off if you want to attend! Just hit the website listed in my signature for details. Or you can PM me and I'l get you the details.

Rubber side down...
Roostn is offline   Reply With Quote