ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-2009, 10:54 AM   #76
Flaco
Zombie Holocaust

Oddometer: 2,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subcanis
Im looking to relocate. Years of line experience (6 officially, but I grew up at an airport). Know ATA 103 inside and out. Chevron/Texaco QC trained. FAR 139.321 current. Private pilot and powerplant (airframe soon) licenses. Current line supervisor, assistant trainer, and QC supervisor. Homebuilder. EAA and AOPA member.
PM coming...
Old 09-10-2009, 02:14 PM   #77
vtwinmotors
Pippi Bongstocking

Oddometer: 822
Have I got a deal for you...

I own a motorcycle shop in Greeley. So the deal is biz sucks right now... And my import/dirt bike suppliers are on my ass to spend more money with them... Today I am meeting with one of them to make a $1500 order just to keep the right to buy parts from them...

I sell all brands and types of parts. My shop stocks 90% H-D parts. However I deal with some big names in the power sports industry so I can pretty much get anything...

I can save you pretty much 30-40% off any aftermarket parts for the imports/dirt bikes... On the H-D stuff not so much I pretty much have that area covered...

For instance tires for a KTM ADV... Conti TKC80 Rear $210 retail, ADV price $146 + shipping
Conti TKC80 front $120 retail, ADV price $84 + shipping or come pick the stuff up and save more cash...

I am not doing this to make money! Just trying not to spend my money as more of them try to cut me off, and then I go back to paying retail for my dirt bike parts...

I can give you links to whom I deal with to look up your parts. Or just let me know of a supplier and I will tell you if I deal with them or not...

Here is my website link, look under contacts for my # and ask for Thomas...

http://nocoastchopper.org/

"Eat imbibo quod exsisto hilaris pro cras nos intereo!"
vtwinmotors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 03:42 PM   #78
atokad
wan⋅der⋅lust

Oddometer: 2,531
Well this thread isn't updating too often. Guess the status for most of unemployed types hasn't changed much this year.

So what's a fella to do? Start his own business I guess. I know a lot of you are self employed, but this is a new venture for me. Not that it is something that you will all want to PM for and buy one, but I am now in the business of selling some new and refurbished ultrasound systems.

So what can you do for me? Well if you have any relatives, friends, contacts etc that happen to be connected to a doc's office or hospital in some way and they happen to work with ultrasound systems in anyway, spread the word! Please!

Thanks and wish me big time luck, I'm gonna need it.

My company website: www.envisionmedicalsales.com

atokad screwed with this post 09-14-2009 at 09:35 PM
atokad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 06:10 PM   #79
MommysLittleMonster
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 788
i am a welder who just started his own shop let me know if you need anything welded i stand behind my work and offer a good price. i am in littleton but able to drive

MommysLittleMonster screwed with this post 10-03-2009 at 11:18 AM
MommysLittleMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 10:13 AM   #80
Olas
the darkness

Oddometer: 3,948
Quote:
Originally Posted by MommysLittleMonster
i am a welder who just started his own shop let me know if you need anything welded i stand behind my work and offer a good price
A location would probably help.
Olas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 12:26 AM   #81
paul_g
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 113
I'm an interactive web designer / developer out of Taos, NM. Been at it since 1997.

Still working but had to stop freelancing and take a FT gig with less pay.
paul_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 09:08 PM   #82
tele-steve
ya' mon

Oddometer: 266
Architect

I run my own architecture firm here in Boulder, Co and I'm always on the look out for new projects. I've worked on all scales of projects including kitchen remodels, trade show booths, restaurants, & full custom homes. I'm more than happy to answer questions regarding space planning, energy efficiency, code questions, etc.
Examples of my work can be found at http://www.22westdesign.com

or drop me an email at stevenperce AT arch22west.com
or give a call 303-818-2007
tele-steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 09:47 AM   #83
swede7000
Regular user...problem???

Oddometer: 1,630
Utah Design / Build Company

I am in Ogden, Utah down on historic 25th street. What I have to offer is 2 companies.

The first is Lundin Design Group, LLC., a architectural design company. I've been in business since 1994. My niche is on one-off homes in SW Florida. Since moving to Utah in 1997 I have completed quite a few "mountain style" homes as well. Also, some light commercial and multi-family projects are in the portfolio. I have a quick turn-around time which is what keeps my repeat business thriving.

The second is Haydin Builders, INC., a B100 (residential & commercial) licensed and insured general contracting company. I started this in 2004 as an extension of Lundin Design to be able to offer a competitive and comprehensive design / build package. We keep very little overhead so to date we have been able to save 15%-30% on projects compared with competitive bids. We have prior experience in single family homes, custom homes, tract home subdivisions, multi-family, medical facilities, commercial big box. We cover Salt Lake City, Park City, Northern Utah, and parts between.

Both companies can be utilized in unison or individually.

I have started a web page that is a work in progress so check it every now and then. Any comments and critique is welcome. www 'dot' dbventure 'dot' net.

Thank you,

Karl Lundin
290 Historic 25th Street - Suite #212
Ogden, UT 84401
office 801-395-1560
karl@dbventure.net
swede7000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 12:18 PM   #84
Ridin' Fool
Temporary Slacker

Oddometer: 60
Stick me in the "looking for employment category."

Over 20 years professional business management experience with primary emphasis (12 years) in procurement, nationally and internationally. Handled $10M in annual purchasing budgets. Also skilled in freight logistics including global movement of goods via shipping containers and air freight. Also add on inventory management, JIT inventory, and scheduling.

Additional training in graphics and fine printing. Also packaging.

Thanks! Mark markatwell@yahoo.com
Old 10-29-2009, 10:28 AM   #85
SHOREBILL
Some Guy

Oddometer: 333
Joined the new economy

... The kind of economy where I don't have a job. I was laid-off about a month ago and have been working out out various options.

But the wife is doing well and I'm getting to play Daddy Daycare amongst other ventures.

Although it is unlikely this time of year, I'm a land surveyor with my SIT, 8-years of experience, two-degrees and am submitting my application for the Colorado PLS. I've worked as a project surveyor for the past four years doing field-to-finish work - RTK GPS, Robotic Total Stations, LDD and Civil 3D. I'm willing to take part-time, indoor or outdoor or travel based work. I've worked solo for the past 2-3 years.

Of a less esoteric nature, I've always worked on the side doing remodeling and handyman services through my own little business - services include:
- Flooring
- Drywall
- Paint - even fancy schmancy texture looks (I'm like Norm from "Cheers" - I just get color).
- Framing
- Trim
- Landscaping and tree work

Reasonable rates and will do small jobs.
Pics, resumes, and samples on request.

Thanks and good luck to all those looking for work.

Bill Hitchcock
Lakewood, CO
303-910-2725
sahitchcock@comcast.net
SHOREBILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 02:50 PM   #86
MeterPig
Meh

Oddometer: 17,090
Looking for a mortgage broker. The honest kind that understands the big picture and the new rules.
Old 11-05-2009, 01:46 PM   #87
princess jamaica
OLD DOG-NEW TRICKS

Oddometer: 2,215
MOXIE ON THE PLAZA,205 WEST SAN FRANCISCO,SANTA FE,NEW MEXICO.gift/clothing store."useless shit that no one needs".if you're in the area stop on by.tim.
Old 11-09-2009, 09:07 PM   #88
wintonio
last of the Dum Dum Daze

Oddometer: 1,654
Sales people and canvassers needed

In search of salespersons.

I have a small Boulder based roofing company that is in need of a few or several salespeople. Prior roofing experience and/or knowledge is not a requirement. We are primarily a residential reroofing company, specializing in insurance claims. This is commission based work. It is not rocket science. How much you make is dependent on you. It is not as easy as sitting at home licking envelopes, but it is not as difficult as sitting at home all day licking envelopes.

Also, if you are more interested in part time work, are a good communicator, are tenacious, and don't mind the fears and frustrations involved with knocking on peoples doors, and can trust a salesperson to come in after you and close the deal, we have positions for that as well.

The one thing about these jobs is that we will all know fairly quickly if the shoe is a good fit.

If you have any interest, please shoot me a PM with your info, and I will call you or email you back.

Thank you,

Winston
wintonio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 11:03 PM   #89
ricnepalm
Gittin' Along

Oddometer: 84
Solar Panel Interest?

Starting next month the Governor's Energy Office [GEO] will offer a statewide solar rebate to homeowners and businesses outside of Xcel and Black Hills service areas.

I own a company named Denver Alternative Energy and we're scrambling to get as many people as possible to install a system before Xcel lowers their Solar Rebate. We are practically giving away systems at $5.50/watt!

PM or visit our site at DenverAlternativeEnergy.com

Thanks,
Nepalm
78 BMW r60/5

ricnepalm screwed with this post 02-08-2010 at 09:57 AM Reason: REBATE UPDATE
ricnepalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 07:38 PM   #90
chtucker
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 735
Anyone a lawyer?

I was in a 3 car accident last week. I was not at fault and the other driver was ticketed. Driver was highschool age driving a vehicle registered to her parents.

Dad initially wanted pay out of pocket if I could take it to someone I knew with whom I know could get it done inexpensively with used parts. Well that fellow is on the injured reserve list right now. I went and got an estimate from my local one and only body shop, which uses the standard computer system to price jobs.

$4800 was the total. Vehicle is worth about $5800 clean retail NADA to $8500 clean retail edmunds.

I want to collect quickly and get it fixed. I picked up the tow with my AAA and had it towed to my garage to avoid storage fees.

Well, the owner wanted me to take it to some guy he knew that works out of his house in Buena Vista. I said no, at this point I want to go through insurance. He wasn't happy.

So any lawyer interested in making a call or two to get me reimbursed for the repairs, a SUV rental and the day I didn't make it to work?
chtucker is offline   Reply With Quote