Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2009, 10:59 AM   #76
NewHampWoodsRider
Tag Captor

Oddometer: 458
Excellent!!!!
Way to leave off with the Hooters sign!
Quite the Cliffhanger!

Im thinking about doing the same trip in a couple years, how long did you go for? How long would your recommend taking off to do a trip like this??

Stay upright!
-A
NewHampWoodsRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 08:38 AM   #77
SenorFeliz OP
hangin' out

Oddometer: 409
we were successful in finding Hooters but as it was only 4pm, decided to scan the area around the harbour before settling down for dinner. as they say "when in Rome, ....ROAM". a nice walk around to the cruise ship dock, say "no, gracias" a gazillion times to the glass bottom boat tour folks and the silver merchants and the nice little old ladies selling dolls and we were ready for a few pints and some wings. a lovely view of the harbour from our table............

some Tecate's to enjoy while we read the menu.............

and yep, we were happy!

"the interruptions are the journey". Ted Simon

'06 1200GS
SenorFeliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 09:19 AM   #78
shrikebandit
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 152
The statue of the guy wrestling with the fish looks like he's trying to get head from it!
shrikebandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 09:54 AM   #79
SenorFeliz OP
hangin' out

so there we were minding our own business, enjoying our cervezas when all of a sudden...............
these dudes come and sit at the table next to us. I with my keen spidey-sense see one of the gentlemen wearing a Canada hat. after they order drinks I ask where in Canada this person is from. HE'S NOT!!!! he's an imposter!!!! seems one of the other characters is and he happens to be from a town about an hour from where live. weird.....
John is a landscaper in the summer and winters and does "business" in Cabo.my spidey-sense tells me that he appears harmless but I am still getting a "careful, he is a little slimey" vibe. the imposter is a supposed "furniture salesman" from Columbia and the other dude with the dark shades and muscles is his "associate". Steven has his back to them but i am in perfect position. I can see every move they make. the conversation turns to the usual "how long you here" for and blah blah blah. we tell them we are in town for only one night? "WTF????". "we rode our bikes 7000km to come to this Hooters." then he finds out we are NOT on harleys (he's wearing a harley shirt!) and gets all excited and wants to hear about our ride. "I got to buy you some Cervezas" he says. okay, I'm in and will tell you all i want you to know. it got weird after that. told him we had to have a pic with one of the girls to verify that we were there......

so he goes and grabs 3 girls. works for me

then he gets on the phone and tells me he is calling some friends to come and meet us because we have such a "FU$&%NG cool story". okay???? make sure I have one hand on the table knife just in case.......escape over the railing to my right..........dodge to the left ....disappear into the crowd and outrun Steven if the need arises. always good too have a plan "B". "oh, and buy them some more cervezas." I hear him say to our pretty hostess. Pace yourself Dave....stay sober.....
so about a 1/2 hour later 2 other guys show up who are speaking aussie. then 2 more showup. still good.....Steven suspects nothing....railing is right behind me......path is clear....
seems this latest batch of friends are from the America's cup boats "Australia 1" and "New Zealand 1". okay now that is really very cool, but now I know to steal a powerboat to aid in my escape if need be......
well don't they just have to buy us some cervezas too!!! at least they are drinking. even the dude in the shades with the big muscles.......
oh look the sun is going down...nice sunset.....

oh goody, dark soon. I operate much better under the cover of darkness. "oh crap, I wore a white tee shirt!" doh!!! oh well, easy enough to grab a ball cap and put it on for quick disguise. safety tip....don't grab one that say "Hooters". two of the later arrivals leave..."safety in numbers" I mutter....and your count just went down.....
John asks me what i said and I reply "I love Hooters!
it gets onto 9pm and i decide that since we have been there for 4 hours it was time to move on. settle up our bill for some wings and 2 cervezas (John happily paid for the other drinks...... score!!!)
John mentions that they are all meeting at Cabo Wabo at 10pm and hey why don't we just come along and join them? hmmm....maybe?
"oh and by the way, don't use the front door. too many cameras, use the backdoor". "just tell them you are there with John and they will bring you to our table". well shit, I am feeling kinda tired as we rode 250 miles this morning to get here and we have to do the same tomorrow so maybe we should just go back to our room. thanks anyways man.
"We gotta get another pic for your friends" he offers. okay.

odd...........that is the first time the muscle takes his shades off.

so we say all our goodbyes and thanks for the cervezas. Steven and I leave before they get their shit together. we blend into the unsuspecting crowd of tourists. "OH SHIT!!!" I suddenly blurt out. I forgot to get my wife one of those little dolls. she'll like that. we need to go back, I have to go back!!!! and go back we did. the cash for doll exchange is made, we fade into the warm night time air of Cabo and nonchalantly work our way back to the safety of our hotel.
what a fun night! didn't see that one in my trip planning either. the random meetings one makes while on the road are always intriguing.
as I drift off into a peaceful slumber with thoughts of what excitement awaits us tomorrow, i hear from the other side of the room "uncle Dave, I think i want to be a landscaper so i can winter here too!".
ahhhhh..........the innocence of youth!

'06 1200GS
Old 02-13-2009, 11:06 AM   #80
Rockin Rollin
Rockin Adventurer

Oddometer: 689
Thumb

Great report
Click on:
-Now: Fly/ride - Panama to Alaska & pts between.
-2009 Colorado & West Fest
-Baja 2009 from Canada
"Take time, because time will eventually take you"! (and you never know just how much yer gonna get )
Let's ride!
07 Suzuki V-Strom 650 with ABS for long distance adventure & Dualsport
08 Husaberg FE450 (Street Plated)
Rockin Rollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 06:41 AM   #81
SenorFeliz OP
hangin' out

on the way south we had stayed in Catavina and had met up with Jim (?) from Baja Bound Moto tours.

Jim joined us for dinner that evening. he was doing support for a ride that started in Ensenada and finished in Cabo. that ride had got into Cabo the day before us.
after our evening of intrigue at the Hooters, we arise the next morning at a decent hour and make the 200ft trek to the hotel restaurant for our traditional Huevos Rancheros breakfast. while sitting at breakfast these folks walk in wearing Baja Bound tees.
sure enough, they had been on the ride Jim was supporting and had successfully ridden most of the way to Cabo offroad. the gent on the left is the father of the 17 year old girl. as far as they are aware, she is the youngest rider to do that ride with Baja Bound. very cool!
packed up and ready for more of what Baja has to offer we head north for our campsite at Manfreds.
arrival in Cuidad Constitcion was awarded with a nice strawberry ice cream.

and dinner at our fav restaurant........Tribi. located on the west side of Mex 1 near the south end of town. nice atmosphere and very delicious food.

'06 1200GS
Old 02-17-2009, 06:47 AM   #82
SenorFeliz OP
hangin' out

looking back thru my pics I noticed I failed to include this pic.

we had met them on our way south in cuidad Constitucion.
these 3 riders from California also had a month to play and being so close to Mex to start, they were heaeded to Panama.

'06 1200GS