ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-09-2012, 05:01 PM   #2266
SchwingTing
Monkeywrench Thrower

Oddometer: 380
And our favorite rockstar has been found.

This is Redan Park off of Phillips Rd off of Redan Rd over in Stone Mountain. This is also the home of one of the funny scenes from Smokey and The Bandit. The memorable quote was..."Watch out for the kids. Don't hit the kids!!!"

The coordinates are:
Hors d'oeuvre - The gnat that falls into your drink while you're working on the bike.
SchwingTing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 05:13 PM   #2267
SchwingTing
Monkeywrench Thrower

Oddometer: 380
New Tag

OK. For this next tag...you are going to have to travel. Travel far my friends. It was such a gorgeous day out, GA.400 North was calling my name. I will gladly pay you McTuesday for a McHarley or a McIndian that sits in the McLobby of this McResturant that is in the parking lot of a McIngles and across the street from a McQuikTrip. If you're still confused about this McLocation that is just off GA.Mc400, just ask McKeith. This road was named after his McBridge.

Rhonda the McRockstar is hiding on the lightpole between the steel plate and the concrete that supports it.

Hors d'oeuvre - The gnat that falls into your drink while you're working on the bike.
SchwingTing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:19 PM   #2268
agox
But, call me Chris.

Oddometer: 60
I thought I'd say hello again. Some of you may remember me as the jackass who broke his leg trying to find a tag the summer before last. Well, I'm riding again (hah, I was riding again a year ago when I had to strap a cane to my bike), so I thought I'd stop in and declare my intent to snatch up some of these tags.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchwingTing View Post
And our favorite rockstar has been found.

This is Redan Park off of Phillips Rd off of Redan Rd over in Stone Mountain. This is also the home of one of the funny scenes from Smokey and The Bandit. The memorable quote was..."Watch out for the kids. Don't hit the kids!!!"
I actually tried to find this one last night, but for the life of me I couldn't find Phillips Rd from Redan Rd. Is it in the middle of all of that construction somewhere?

agox screwed with this post 12-10-2012 at 07:25 PM
agox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:20 PM   #2269
Fearless
Brutally Honest

Oddometer: 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by agox View Post
<<< snip >>> .....but for the life of me I couldn't find Phillips Rd from Redan Rd.
He kinda threw you a curve on that one..... Its an easy mistake I've made in the past. The road changes name where Redan runs into South Stone Mountain Lithonia road..... about 500 yds before the intersection

33.744897,-84.136146 is the corner, Redan Park is just south of it on Phillips.
IBA 8028
Fearless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:56 PM   #2270
hardwaregrrl
You talkin' to me?

Oddometer: 6,323
Hey Chris, welcome back. I still have hearing problems from the KLR alarm Dean (Ritebike) and I tried to tow your bike out sans keys, glad you're back on the horse

Quote:
I thought I'd say hello again. Some of you may remember me as the jackass who broke his leg trying to find a tag the summer before last. Well, I'm riding again (hah, I was riding again a year ago when I had to strap a cane to my bike), so I thought I'd stop in and declare my intent to snatch up some of these tags.

I actually tried to find this one last night, but for the life of me I couldn't find Phillips Rd from Redan Rd. Is it in the middle of all of that construction somewhere?
hardwaregrrl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:41 PM   #2271
Ritebike
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 429
I second the hearing problems.
Old 12-11-2012, 05:10 PM   #2272
agox
But, call me Chris.

I feel a little badly about that. You guys went way out of your way for me. It was hard coordinating motorbike rescue efforts from the hospital bed alternatively on morphine, ketamine, Percocet, and who knows what else.
Old 12-15-2012, 02:20 PM   #2273
agox
But, call me Chris.

New tag!

Double postin'!

I was out riding today, and I got a little chilly. Stopped at a McDonalds way north of anything even worth mentioning, bought one of the nastiest lattes I have ever tried, and what do you know?

Picked up a hitch hiker:

Lovely young lady named Rhonda the Rockstar, said she needed to get high. Well, I was feeling smart, so I took her to a high point at a center for higher learning, high up on a hill overlooking some of the highest (tallest) buildings in the city:

Before you start taking an airplane way up high, realize that you don't need to go to Stanford to see red tile architecture like this:

Worried she might get sick, I dropped her off in the parking structure for a specific Clinic. The entrance is on a road named after the kind of wood you would use to build a gate. Tucked her in to the base of a lamp post in the eastern corner of the top level. You'll have to lift up the little metal housing to get to her:

Parking's free after 5 on week days, or, since you're on a motorcycle, just go around the gate.
Old 12-19-2012, 06:33 AM   #2274
Mr&MrsErnbo
Taggin' Machines

Oddometer: 1,239
Sneaky

My daughter and I may need to grab this sneaky tag........... how clever.

Mr&MrsErnbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 11:09 AM   #2275
Mr&MrsErnbo
Taggin' Machines

Tagged, the parking garage at Houston Mill Rd and Clifton Rd and Gatewood Rd at Emory University

Coords.

Old 12-19-2012, 11:43 AM   #2276
Mr&MrsErnbo
Taggin' Machines

New tag.......
A festive nocturnal locale with a waterfall and sky mural, but despite the area name, no canal to be found. A smoke and a pancake? Bong and a blintz?

Behind yon evergreen with red ribbon in a pipe in the stone wall the restive Rhonda awaits your call

Old 12-19-2012, 04:43 PM   #2277
agox
But, call me Chris.

Tricky tricky hints. I was barking up the wrong tree for a while. And yes, I could go for a bong and a blintz, thank you.
Old 12-20-2012, 05:21 AM   #2278
Mr&MrsErnbo
Taggin' Machines

Hint Assistance.....perhaps

Quote:
Tricky tricky hints. I was barking up the wrong tree for a while. And yes, I could go for a bong and a blintz, thank you.

Think......XXX............ This will get you there.

Old 12-27-2012, 01:01 PM   #2279
agox
But, call me Chris.

New tag

I finally got back from vacation, and decided to find the tag.

Bam. Amsterdam Bar, on Amsterdam Ave.

Rhonda was a little dirty from hitting the pipe, but I happened to be carrying some paper towels.

Once cleaned up, I took her to get a little breakfast. You might recognize the mural on this Ponce institution.

You might think a cash only joint like this one would be dullsville, but really the cat's pajamas. The owner, Shira, has been cookin' up short stacks of flap jacks for over 18 years now. Stop on by any day (but Monday) before 3 to get some food and The Cup That Pleases. Head around back if you want to see Rhonda:

You might have to stretch a bit, but I set her on top of the roof where the wall has obviously been repaired.

Old 12-27-2012, 06:35 PM   #2280
Fearless
Brutally Honest

Oddometer: 455
Well, I actually had no plans to go out tonight and get a tag, but but I just couldn't resist showing off the newest Steed...

JAVA JIVE
790 Ponce de Leon Ave

Me and Rhonda-roo will take a little ride tomorrow... Run the bugs out and place a new tag.
IBA 8028
Fearless is offline   Reply With Quote