Old 02-17-2010, 07:30 PM   #901
kpick
Free Range Human

Oddometer: 701
Quote:
Originally Posted by YetiGS
Cool, glad to hear it.

He's not stuck with Kevin is he??
He's not with me. I'm out riding my new F800 that I traded for a $2200 dirt bike

It's amazing what you can talk someone into with just one ruffie.

www.NationalCPRCertification.com
kpick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 10:17 PM   #902
YetiGS
No Talent Ass Clown

Oddometer: 7,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpick
He's not with me. I'm out riding my new F800 that I traded for a $2200 dirt bike

It's amazing what you can talk someone into with just one ruffie.
How did I know it was you??

Hey, you need a windshield for that thing??

On track, Finn needs to check in and fill folks in . . .
"You had better bring an extra magazine. Yeti's amped up on weird shit are hard to bring down." Lonestar2112
YetiGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 01:53 PM   #903
Lost Rider OP
Roadie

Oddometer: 3,148
I'm poised to do a big juicy drama filled update, but things just changed for me and my family and my story seems a little distant.

Yesterday there was a Cessna Plane Crash near EAST PALO ALTO, Calif, some of you might have seen it on the news.

My cousin, Bryan Finn was one of the 3 people on that plane and did not survive the crash. He was 46 years old and an engineer for Tesla Motor's company.
I'm back in Cali and awaiting some news if his family wants me to come up there to help out. He has a young child there that was in daycare for what was supposed to be a short business day-trip to SoCal, and an ex-wife who's in Asia so it's a real mess. All of his/our family lives in the Midwest and they are sorting out the details for the long road ahead now.
I'm not sure what this means for me, we have quite a big family but I offered to come help since I'm relatively near his home and can make the time.
Bryan and I were not very close, but I can't help but wait a little while to see if I can help our family in any way before continuing my journey, and I'd imagine I'll be flying home for his funeral soon too.

Please put his family in your prayers.

-Joe Finn

LostRider.com

Lost Rider screwed with this post 02-18-2010 at 02:32 PM
Lost Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 02:21 PM   #904
Slabrocks
Out riding....

Oddometer: 54
Condolences man.
I really was hoping to hear/read a nice story about the bike and that large rock.

Take care of your family, that big rock will still be there when the time is right.

Slab in Indiana
Old 02-18-2010, 02:26 PM   #905
Lion BR
I'd rather be riding

Oddometer: 3,527
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTown
I'm poised to do a big juicy drama filled update, but things just changed for me and my family and my story seems a little distant.

Yesterday there was a Cessna plane crash near EAST PALO ALTO, Calif, some of you might have seen it on the news.

My cousin, Bryan Finn was one of the 3 people on that plane and did not survive the crash. He was 46 years old and an engineer for Tesla Motor's company.
I'm back in Cali and awaiting some news if his family wants me to come up there to help out. He has a young child there that was in daycare for what was supposed to be a short business day-trip to SoCal, and an ex-wife who's in Asia so it's a real mess. All of his/our family lives in the Midwest and they are sorting out the details for the long road ahead now.
I'm not sure what this means for me, we have quite a big family but I offered to come help since I'm relatively near his home and can make the time.
Bryan and I were not very close, but I can't help but wait a little while to see if I can help our family in any way before continuing my journey, and I'd imagine I'll be flying home for his funeral soon too.

-Joe Finn
Sorry for the news, Joe. Although I haven't met you, I've been following your story closely, therefore, within and through this community of ours, I understand your pain. Bryan's family is in my thoughts.
Lion.
Lion BR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 02:58 PM   #906
WOXOF
Just wander'n

Oddometer: 706
Sorry to hear that Bryan Finn was your cousin.
My condolences to you and your family, and may Brian rest in peace.

I flew and taught students to fly out of Palo Alto Airport for over 14 years.
So I have been following what happened yesterday in Palo Alto.
I've also been immensely enjoying your travels here as well.

I hope everything works out.
IBA #33096
WOXOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 03:09 PM   #907
mrbreeze
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,195
Quote:

Yesterday there was a Cessna Plane Crash near EAST PALO ALTO, Calif, some of you might have seen it on the news.

-Joe Finn
I am praying for you and your family.
mrbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 06:42 PM   #908
Jedediah
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 818
I am so sorry to hear this

I had listened to radio reports of this incident. Thought it very sad news.

Your revelation makes this accident personal to the ADV community as well. My heart hurts for this family and the loss felt at the motor company.

Prayers to Bryan, you and your family.

Jed and Judy
09 BMW R1200GS ADVENTURE

"We are all going to die of something if we live long enough!." My Father
Jedediah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 06:49 PM   #909
twisty sister
CRACK pot

Oddometer: 2,059
Sorry for your loss, Finn..

Rest easy, Dagwood ..You were My flawed yet perfect soul mate.
and... Mike, Amanda and Ben.
You are loved and missed.
KTM 640 Adventure
twisty sister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 07:02 PM   #910
dukedar
60 easy payments!

Oddometer: 340
Quote:

-Joe Finn
Joe, my condolences.
Old 02-18-2010, 07:54 PM   #911
macgart
johnny mac

Oddometer: 194
Quote:

-Joe Finn
Done

~ Ted Simon, Jupiter's Travels ~

http://www.johnnymacmotoadventures.com
macgart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 08:11 PM   #912
fotobo
KTM rider

Oddometer: 1,587
So sorry to hear about that. Would like to offer my condolences. It is admirable of you to want to help the family out even you was not close to him. It doesn't surprise me though. After following your ride reports and getting to know the type of person you are, it is what I would expect from you. Good luck! Looking forward to when you can get back to the RR but there is more important things for you right now.
Old 02-19-2010, 12:21 AM   #913
Evil 1
Heathen

Oddometer: 211
Quote:

-Joe Finn
Joe,

I am glad to hear Bryan has a big family, I work at Tesla and was very worried about his child, I hope your family can provide support for the little one. Being a parent of two young girls I was distressed about Bryan not being there to pick his kid up from day care. It made me go home and hug my kids tight.

To be honest, I was in shock when we figured out (through clues and news) around 10 am yesterday that Doug, Bryan and Andrew crashed. We all kept waiting for someone to come and tell us they were okay. All day I was shocked and it was a very somber mood in the office. Today we tried to keep up on our very busy day at work, but around 4 pm someone mentioned there were a bunch of flowers in front of their office (they all shared an office together). I went over and saw the dozen arrangements from suppliers and people, with cards and notes expressing regret. I had to go in a conference room and let it go. I am 6'4" 240 lbs and no one expects a guy like me to cry, but I had to go into room and have a moment. It has been very hard for al of us, I can only imagine the pain your family must be feeling.

I want you to know, we are all missing them very much and you and your family have my deepest sympathy for the loss. Please be well in the coming days and weeks Joe.

PM me if you come to Tesla and need some support

2008 KTM 990 Adventure S

[/B]
Evil 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 01:27 AM   #914
Goran69
MNE

Oddometer: 834
I am so sorry for your loss. Hope the kid is all right...I have lost a father like that in that age and its tough trust me . I sincerely hope that he will be ok
Goran69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 01:49 AM   #915
sqrly
Registered squirrel

Oddometer: 24
:(
sqrly is offline   Reply With Quote