ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-13-2009, 05:55 PM   #61
RacerXS
Studly Adventurer
 
RacerXS's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Central, NJ
Oddometer: 812
Thanks for hitting me up Jack, i'm pretty fired up!
__________________
Matawan, NJ
--------------------------------
2012 BMW R1200GS Triple Black , 09' Husky TE450
OCCR
--------------------------------
RacerXS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 04:02 AM   #62
Joebmetro
10 KTM 690E
 
Joebmetro's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Oddometer: 1,426
Are we still at the Ramada Inn Jack?
__________________
10 KTM 690 Enduro
09, Road King
NEWTAGMAP

LongIslandtormap
Joebmetro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 06:59 AM   #63
rob23
on the pipe
 
rob23's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Location: Dirty Jerz
Oddometer: 1,811
Quote:
Originally Posted by jack splash
Hey: We finished the routes for this year last week. I must have rode almost 2000 miles laying it out.
Sometimes we spent hours trying to improve a mile or two. This will be the best PB event ever. Really.
We added a great new section.

"Rocky's Bike Bike Enduro Route"

Rocky Spano, President of the "Ocean County Competition Riders" and the man behind the Scrub Pine Enduro,
which has won the "East Coast Enduro of the Year" award seven times, showed me some great trails and
firecuts which we added to this years event. The appx eight mile long section will take most Big Bikes almost
an hour to complete, but will be well worth it. It's a fun section. A go around is also available.

The section is rideable by big bikes, but hand guards, bash plates and for the GS 1200's, cylinder guards are
recommended. It gets a little tight, now and then. , but most of it is wide firecuts thru tall pines.
I'll post a few pic's soon.

Also, I'm trying to make an arrangement with Tourtech for a deal on parts for this event, stay tuned.

Knobby tires are required for the event also.

Regards
Jack

PS: Anders and Amy, congrats. Best Wishes.
Jack does a cr500 count as a big bike

Route sounds great, I'll start shopping for a big bike now..
rob23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 12:39 PM   #64
Jolly705
Beastly Adventurer
 
Jolly705's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Location: Tri State Area
Oddometer: 2,386
Throw some knobbies on the FZ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob23
Jack does a cr500 count as a big bike

Route sounds great, I'll start shopping for a big bike now..
Jolly705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 07:19 AM   #65
jack splash OP
Two Sheds
 
jack splash's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Location: Pt Pleasant, NJ USA
Oddometer: 2,265
Update 7/15

Hey: The Maps have been submitted to the State Forests, phew! The hard part is finalizing the routes.

Now I need to submit them to the NJ Pinelands Commission and NJ Division Fish and Wildlife, that will be done this week.

The plan for this years PB300 is a long day on Sat, 175 miles and a shorter day125 miles on Sun. We will start and Finish at the Ramada Inn again, on Rt 30 in Hammonton NJ. A good rider on a 650 can average appx 25 miles an hour on this years routes, on a bigger bike the average may be 15 to 20 MPH. So start planning now, get your bike tuned up, check the brakes, cables, wheel bearings, tires, etc. Get a Garmin GPS, we like the 276C or 60 CSX. We can supply the route in GPX format also and may be able to provide Magellan format( no promises on that however ). We'll se how Gerry makes out with the file I'm sending him.

The entry will go up on the Pine Barrens500 website toward the end of the summer, after I have most of the approvals.

Joe, good to hear from you.

Rob, get a bike, a CR500 fits one of the regs. I used to ride a Maico 450 ,2 stroke in the local enduros years ago, great for the sand and whoops but bad for the tight stuff. Also call me when you get a chance.

James,Good to hear from you too, is Lauren riding again?

RacerXS: Thanks.

Last years crew please start checking in to let me know if you'll be availabe this year, I can't do it with out you. We have the assistance of the Ocean County Competition Riders this year, but their new to this, the orginal crew are always a big help. Ed, Rob P, Rob M, Rob G, Scott, Ron, James, Chris C, Chris G, Gary, Ken P, Denny, Bill H, thats all I can think of now, I know I'll think of others after I leave the office.

I missed anyone sorry, you know who you are.

Jack
__________________
Stay dirty my friends!
Bigfoot has a picture of me!

www.pinebarrens500.org
www.pinebarrensadventures.com
jack splash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 09:02 AM   #66
Miss_Yamaha
n00b
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Oddometer: 8
Thumb Pb 500 2009

Yes Jack I will definitely be back, it was the highlight of my short riding career to date

can't wait to hit the sand with the boys again!


Quote:
Originally Posted by jack splash
Hey: The Maps have been submitted to the State Forests, phew! The hard part is finalizing the routes.

Now I need to submit them to the NJ Pinelands Commission and NJ Division Fish and Wildlife, that will be done this week.

The plan for this years PB300 is a long day on Sat, 175 miles and a shorter day125 miles on Sun. We will start and Finish at the Ramada Inn again, on Rt 30 in Hammonton NJ. A good rider on a 650 can average appx 25 miles an hour on this years routes, on a bigger bike the average may be 15 to 20 MPH. So start planning now, get your bike tuned up, check the brakes, cables, wheel bearings, tires, etc. Get a Garmin GPS, we like the 276C or 60 CSX. We can supply the route in GPX format also and may be able to provide Magellan format( no promises on that however ). We'll se how Gerry makes out with the file I'm sending him.

The entry will go up on the Pine Barrens500 website toward the end of the summer, after I have most of the approvals.

Joe, good to hear from you.

Rob, get a bike, a CR500 fits one of the regs. I used to ride a Maico 450 ,2 stroke in the local enduros years ago, great for the sand and whoops but bad for the tight stuff. Also call me when you get a chance.

James,Good to hear from you too, is Lauren riding again?

RacerXS: Thanks.

Last years crew please start checking in to let me know if you'll be availabe this year, I can't do it with out you. We have the assistance of the Ocean County Competition Riders this year, but their new to this, the orginal crew are always a big help. Ed, Rob P, Rob M, Rob G, Scott, Ron, James, Chris C, Chris G, Gary, Ken P, Denny, Bill H, thats all I can think of now, I know I'll think of others after I leave the office.

I missed anyone sorry, you know who you are.

Jack
Miss_Yamaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 09:06 AM   #67
Jolly705
Beastly Adventurer
 
Jolly705's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Location: Tri State Area
Oddometer: 2,386
Jack Let me know if you need me to do some preriding.
Jolly705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 09:16 AM   #68
bass_on_tap
Beastly Adventurer
 
bass_on_tap's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Ro' di-lan
Oddometer: 2,260
Should I be concerned about "Dot" tires? I was told that if one gets stopped in and around the Pine Baron's, they look for "Dot" knobbies. Any truth to this rumor?
bass_on_tap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 11:02 AM   #69
Anders Green
NASA Rally Sport
 
Anders Green's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Raleigh, NC
Oddometer: 1,991
Bass: I don't know the answer, but I'd be surprised if any organizer of anything would say on a public forum "Suuuure, non-DOT tires are fine for my road going event." Phone or PM?

Were the tires you ran last year not good enough? You finished the whole course in about 2.5 hours...

Anders
__________________
[NORRA Mexican 1000 Scoring Chief] [Organizer of Sandblast Rally / Black River Stages / NASA Rally Sport RallyMoto]
Anders Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 12:41 PM   #70
sallydog
no more Green KLR
 
sallydog's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: exit 98 NJ
Oddometer: 5,386
Quote:
Originally Posted by bass_on_tap
Should I be concerned about "Dot" tires? I was told that if one gets stopped in and around the Pine Baron's, they look for "Dot" knobbies. Any truth to this rumor?
i've never hav a cop or ranger look at my tires. been thru nj inspection twice and have 46000 mlies. i ride pine barrens daily...
__________________
Its not who dies with the most toys.. Its who wears out the most toys
Just dip me in beer and toss me in the drunk chicks.
if you havent grown up by age 50 you dont have to
Heaven's the place where all the dogs you've ever loved come to greet you
sallydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 04:17 PM   #71
Joebmetro
10 KTM 690E
 
Joebmetro's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Oddometer: 1,426
I think the riders attitude has a lot to do with it, if your a smart ass they can always find something to be a smart ass back.

Chris

you going to the Ramapo 500?
__________________
10 KTM 690 Enduro
09, Road King
NEWTAGMAP

LongIslandtormap
Joebmetro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 04:22 PM   #72
jack splash OP
Two Sheds
 
jack splash's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Location: Pt Pleasant, NJ USA
Oddometer: 2,265
For the Record.

Hey: Check the www.pinebarrens500.org website, the first page states " DA RULES" or in Anders terms "the supplemental regulations" .

There will be a tech inspection, to check that the machine is 100% street legal. A decal will be issued to those who pass this inspection. This sticker will allow you to access the Wildlife Management Areas and State Parks and serve as permit to enter the event.
The PB300 is designed to be enjoyed by experienced riders, as the course will consist of woods roads with whoops, deep sand,and mud . Appx 10% of the route will be on pavement.


DOT Knobby Tires are required.


Support vehicles will be roving the route with tools, gas, air and first aid for emergencies. Gas stops and Lunch choices will be on the Route's. You must be able to go at least 80 miles between gas stops. There are no Route Sheets or Arrows to follow, only the GPS Route to guide you. There will be a GPS school on Friday night, and a Dinner on Saturday. Riders without a GPS will ride with groups.
It is not a "Dual Sport" event, which is typically a trail ride hosted and laid out by an enduro club, for enduro type riders and machines. The events start each day at 8:00 AM and all riders should be out by 9:00 AM.

FYI


The issue isn't if they check you, if stopped, DOT tires are required to enter the event. Just to be clear.

Jack
__________________
Stay dirty my friends!
Bigfoot has a picture of me!

www.pinebarrens500.org
www.pinebarrensadventures.com
jack splash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 06:58 AM   #73
rob23
on the pipe
 
rob23's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Location: Dirty Jerz
Oddometer: 1,811
Most Kenda mx tires are DOT like the Washougal Sticky front and Milliville Sticky Front, the Washougal sticky rear are also DOT and wear like Iron. Kenda's ds tire is a Track Master which are ok but I prefer the Washougals in the piney sand.

I'm aiming to get a ds bike by the end of September, want to finish out the enduro season first.

Regardless, you can count me in as the support crew.

see ya`
rob23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 07:41 AM   #74
sallydog
no more Green KLR
 
sallydog's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: exit 98 NJ
Oddometer: 5,386
teraflex

teraflex is DOT... for sale here check the VIDEO

__________________
Its not who dies with the most toys.. Its who wears out the most toys
Just dip me in beer and toss me in the drunk chicks.
if you havent grown up by age 50 you dont have to
Heaven's the place where all the dogs you've ever loved come to greet you

sallydog screwed with this post 07-16-2009 at 07:50 AM
sallydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 09:21 AM   #75
Research Rat
thrasher
 
Research Rat's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: NYC
Oddometer: 700
+1 on this.

I can't think of a better tire for NJ pines terrain.

-Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallydog
teraflex is DOT... for sale here check the VIDEO

Research Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 12:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014