User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2010, 03:03 PM   #1
wrk2surf OP
on the gas or brakes

Oddometer: 6,390
2010 AMA National Hare and Hound Thread

2nd round closest ever.... cant seem to embed .. a thin pearson killed the start closest to the camera ...the top 5 within 10 seconds close to the finish..

http://promoto.tv/

Pearson will have his hands full if he is going to do both laughlin (bitd) on the 6th and then ama in el centro at superstion.. Destry seems bummed about somthin

series site..

http://www.nationalhareandhound.com/
Thanks for the 2015 support: BELL HELMETS, SCOTT USA, Kriega USA, SEATCONCEPTS.COM , Galfer USA, Carbon-pro.com, GPR stabilzers, Sidi/Motonation, Masters paint and body, Magura , Motolab , Loctite and Dunlop tires .
wrk2surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 07:21 PM   #2
Strong Bad
n00balicious

Oddometer: 3,949
When I saw them coming through the pit all stacked up on each other's fender, I thought they had been held up by the train that just crossed through the area. You NEVER see the top 6 guys that close in a dezert race!!
Old 02-19-2010, 09:27 AM   #3
MotoMike
Washed Up Desert Racer

Oddometer: 4,999
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strong Bad
When I saw them coming through the pit all stacked up on each other's fender, I thought they had been held up by the train that just crossed through the area. You NEVER see the top 6 guys that close in a dezert race!!
I believe they were held up by the train at some point, and Destry had been sick for a couple of weeks before the race, apparently hadn't ridden at all. Not bad for a sickie.

Hey Craig, In the video of the novice start it looks like Tim got a pretty good start. I believe it's him, right in the foreground.
Old 02-19-2010, 09:59 AM   #4
Strong Bad
n00balicious

Yeah it was Tim, while he got off the line better than those around him, I gave him a hard time about being too slow by using the e-button and 1st gear. I'm a big fan of standing on a milk crate and kick starting in 2nd gear. I think the e-button takes too long to "wind up" and the motor to fire, I could be 10' off the line before he gets it fired. When he gets serious he'll actually practice his starts, I hope LOL!!! The main thing right now is that he had tons o' fun and was talking about going to the next race on the way home. So looks like we'll be going to Checkers and USDR Round 2.

None of the top guys talked about being held up by the train, they did talk about getting lost coming into the pit. Seriously the top guys came through the pit looking like the first turn in a Supercross, except they were trying not to speed or pass.
Old 02-19-2010, 10:28 AM   #5
frog
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,761
I watched kamo use both the estart and kick. Seemed to work pretty good. I'm too lazy to kick a bike but 2nd is a must.
frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 10:56 AM   #6
Strong Bad
n00balicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by frog
I watched kamo use both the estart and kick. Seemed to work pretty good. I'm too lazy to kick a bike but 2nd is a must.
Suspenders and a belt!!!! LOL!!!
Old 03-08-2010, 05:27 PM   #7
wrk2surf OP
on the gas or brakes

Oddometer: 6,390
wet race

superstion was Awash .. glad the laughlin race was dry on saturday..

OMG

Thanks for the 2015 support: BELL HELMETS, SCOTT USA, Kriega USA, SEATCONCEPTS.COM , Galfer USA, Carbon-pro.com, GPR stabilzers, Sidi/Motonation, Masters paint and body, Magura , Motolab , Loctite and Dunlop tires .
wrk2surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 09:51 AM   #8
MotoMike
Washed Up Desert Racer

Oddometer: 4,999
There are some amazing stories over on the D37 board about all the people stuck in the mud and subsequent rescue missions.