Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > GSpot > Parallel Universe
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2009, 08:21 PM   #1
10Cup OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,594
F800GS Overheating in 60 degree weather...

I have about 2500 miles on my 09 F800GS and noticed at an extended red light that I had a "Red Light" on my dash too saying I was overheating! 60 degrees out so not good for sure, turned off the engine until the traffic light was about to turn green then started up and made it home OK. Started looking over the bike and found the coolant level to be spot on, stuck my finger in and tried to turn the fan and it felt like it had a rock or something in it and would not turn very far.

I immediately call my dealer and they checked and you guessed it not one cooling fan in the US...bummer, would have to come from Germany which meant at least a week downtime. I resigned to myself that I would just have to suck it up and deal with no bike for a while....then about 10 minutes later my dealer Bentonville BMW of NW Arkansas called and said they would take a fan off a new bike to get me going again!

WOW I could not believe this kind of service! Great I said and took my fan out to the dealer and they already had a new bike on the rack and were working on getting the fan off. The technician tested my fan and sure enough it was a defective unit. They swapped with me, I signed the paperwork and went back and put the new fan on and it checked out fine and I'm back on my bike. Great service after the sale and I wanted everyone to know the guys at Bentonville BMW will go the extra mile to keep you riding! THANK YOU!

Not sure why the cooling fan went bad but hopefully it was just a fluke and they will not be a problem on other bikes as well.

I'm a happy camper and very glad I have a great dealer to support me as well.

Anyone in the area looking for a new or used BMW can buy from http://www.bentonvillebmw.com/ with the confidence that you have a top notch facility to take care of your needs should they be needed.
10Cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 09:50 PM   #2
Firefight911
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 997
Good to hear a positive for once.

Stuff happens and good service always makes it easier to deal with.

Thanks for letting us know!