ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2009, 04:40 PM   #31
kdscoates
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,477
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb90535im
+1 on the suggestion of going to the Magistrate Judge and swearing out a warrant. Most of them are open on Sunday mornings to take care of the Saturday night offenses. Of course having said that, I believe to have a warrant served, you'd have to have a name which the sheriff should be able to provide since you have the vehicle tag #.
magistrate judge on sunday not in dahlonega!!

you guys did the right thing!! as far as all the speculating on the locals hating bikes and dirt bikes and blablah blah. that is bs most of the locals ride!!! this is just some nut job so leave it at that and don't get this mtn people hate the bikes shit started cause the truth is the people that do the most complaing about the bikes are weekenders and transplants!!
just some local knowledge so we don't make up goofy stories!! as far as the guns yes i carry but trust me so does that nut job so use your weapon carefully cause i promise that won't scare a nut job like this and expect return fire!!!

i like ga@$#~!$~!be comments just motor around him or if the skill level is not available turn around or stop and take a break!!

enjoy your ride and i hope they do press charges and get this nut job!!!
but please do not include all the good ole boys in the mountains due to one asshole!! most of us good ol boys would do whatever we could to help andyone!!!!!

thanks for hearing me!!

quote from 4runner "but,if you really need a 80/20 , which most of us do and won't admit it,"
kdscoates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 05:07 PM   #32
Willy-B
onebudwiser

Oddometer: 7,804
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdscoates

you guys did the right thing!! as far as all the speculating on the locals hating bikes and dirt bikes and blablah blah. that is bs most of the locals ride!!! this is just some nut job so leave it at that and don't get this mtn people hate the bikes shit started cause the truth is the people that do the most complaing about the bikes are weekenders and transplants!!
just some local knowledge so we don't make up goofy stories!! as far as the guns yes i carry but trust me so does that nut job so use your weapon carefully cause i promise that won't scare a nut job like this and expect return fire!!!

i like ga@$#~!$~!be comments just motor around him or if the skill level is not available turn around or stop and take a break!!

enjoy your ride and i hope they do press charges and get this nut job!!!
but please do not include all the good ole boys in the mountains due to one asshole!! most of us good ol boys would do whatever we could to help andyone!!!!!

thanks for hearing me!!
Awe, shucks. I was gonna load the pistola and head on up looking for Big Foot himself.

Snap, I was wanting to shoot at something until you said that.

My theory, you only get one chance, go full fucking throttle, all the way, all the time.-Trip
Willy-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 05:09 PM   #33
mikem9 OP
Wanderer

Oddometer: 1,194
Quote:

as far as all the speculating on the locals hating bikes and dirt bikes and blablah blah. that is bs most of the locals ride!!! this is just some nut job so leave it at that and don't get this mtn people hate the bikes shit started cause the truth is the people that do the most complaing about the bikes are weekenders and transplants!!

thanks for hearing me!!
Coates:

By my comments I certainly didn't mean to insinuate that ALL the local mountain people up there hate bikes or are crazy etc. I said a few and that was based on the comments by the Sheriff that the dirt bikers had a bad reputation up there among some folks. You probably know a few crazy folks up there that you wouldn't want ticked off at you, just like I knew some where I grew up south of Atlanta. Certainly not an indictment of most or all the people up there. I think most of our riding group you would call good ole boys themselves - grew up in places like Ellijay, Jasper, Carterville etc. I think people on here were just saying beware of the nut job and there may be a few others, ripe for this kind of thing. I also agree with the comments made by others that we have to take more responsibility ourselves as motorcyclists to be extra courteous.

Now, to be clear, I have heard that you are crazy! so that makes at least one other crazy person up there

And to the Canadian and the banjo comment, when it thaws out up there, we are coming to get you! But, first can we ask, how big a boy are ya?

mikem9 screwed with this post 02-01-2009 at 05:28 PM
mikem9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 05:30 PM   #34
Willy-B
onebudwiser

Oddometer: 7,804
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikem9
Coates:

Now, to be clear, I have heard that you are crazy! so that makes at least one other crazy person up there

And to the Canadian and the banjo comment, when it thaws out up there, we are coming to get you! But, first can we ask, how big a boy are ya?

My theory, you only get one chance, go full fucking throttle, all the way, all the time.-Trip
Willy-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 05:40 PM   #35
DeBandi
Exploring Alabama

Oddometer: 3,100
+1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikem9
Coates:

DeBandi

Visit ExploringAlabama.net

State Oval Decals Available
DeBandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 05:50 PM   #36
AzB
Fattest thin man

Oddometer: 3,461
I say we go after him. I've got a couple helmet cams, and if we get the sucker on cam, the cops will prosecute. I've done this before a couple times with motorists while riding my bicycle. Some people seem to think that you're vulnerable, and that makes them right. You pop that memory card out and take it to the police station, and they will track them down.

Az
Old 02-01-2009, 05:51 PM   #37
kdscoates
Beastly Adventurer

i was not refering to anyone specifically i am sorry if it came out that way, i do not have a way with words i just say it and most of time it is what everyone else is thinking but i am the only one that says it!!!

anyway no harm to anyone just wanted other readers to know we are not all like this!!!

as far as me be crazy that is only by association!!!!

and as far as that damn canuck i am gonna send him a banjo!!!

you guys ride safe!!!

quote from 4runner "but,if you really need a 80/20 , which most of us do and won't admit it,"

kdscoates screwed with this post 02-01-2009 at 05:57 PM
Old 02-01-2009, 06:02 PM   #38
kdscoates
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzB
I say we go after him. I've got a couple helmet cams, and if we get the sucker on cam, the cops will prosecute. I've done this before a couple times with motorists while riding my bicycle. Some people seem to think that you're vulnerable, and that makes them right. You pop that memory card out and take it to the police station, and they will track them down.

Az
1. now if we wanna talk about something that the majority of the locals can
not stand that is bicycles!!!! but that would be a different thread

2. i wish you had not told me you ride a bicycle on the street!!!

Old 02-01-2009, 06:22 PM   #39
AzB
Fattest thin man

Oddometer: 3,461
Quote:
2. i wish you had not told me you ride a bicycle on the street!!!
Well, not near Dahlonega, you guys are crazy.

Az

AzB screwed with this post 02-01-2009 at 06:35 PM
AzB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 06:28 PM   #40
Jaguar89
Adventurer

Oddometer: 20
I am glad you guys did not get hurt!
The first 2 mile stretch of FS28 coming from Nimbelwill Church Rd. you have to drive through residential area. Last year I got warned by a ranger to be careful around that stretch since there have been some "incidents" in the past. Since then I take it very easy there. I personally never had any bad run-in and all the truck/SUV drivers I met on FS roads have been very cortous and let me pass. But obviously you never know....
Jaguar89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 06:29 PM   #41
Jman955i
Falls Down A Lot

Oddometer: 1,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzB

Az
Yeah that's what I was talking about with the camera. They are so popular nowadays that it will get harder to do that without getting caught.
Old 02-01-2009, 06:40 PM   #42
kdscoates
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzB
Well, not near Dahlonega, you guys are crazy.

Az

Old 02-01-2009, 07:23 PM   #43
Brown Dog
North Georgia Dual Sportr

Oddometer: 1,927
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchesRider
Hi Mike. Thanks for the info and the warning. This is disturbing on a number of different levels. I flee Atlanta and come to Suches to get away from 'the crazies'. Does anyone have any ideas for attaching my shot gun to the bike's handlebars, as it will not fit in either my jacket or my backpack? SR
you go girl. get em patti
Brown Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 07:39 PM   #44
DELTATANGO
Motorcyclist and Dog Walk

Oddometer: 13,581
Call the Sheriff, do a report.
They probably know him.
Get a warrant.
Ya'll can identify him right? There were witnesses.

He's just another old drunk sunofabitch.

Put him in jail.
DELTATANGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 08:08 PM   #45
FriedDuck
Why die all tensed up?

Oddometer: 406
Yikes! We were on Nimblewill road today, but I'm happy to say everyone was friendly and all the locals waved. It turned out to be too greasy for street tires (my brother) so it was a short-lived adventure.

Hope you get the SOB!

Jeff
FriedDuck is offline   Reply With Quote