ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2009, 05:43 AM   #76
bombsquad
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 185
I was up there this Sunday and saw a faded red Ranger on the side of the road on FS77. I was headed up to FS42 to hit Coopers Creek Store but the Rangers were doing training and had the road blocked so I turned around. As I was coming up on the truck the guy just backed out in to the road. He was looking at me when he did it. It wasn't a big deal; I made plenty of room when I went around him. Not sure if it is the same guy. The truck has faded, peeling stripes along the bottom of the door.
If we could get the tag posted, that will help alot.
bombsquad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 06:02 AM   #77
GA. DUALSPORT WANTAB
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,286
You should send a PM to mikem9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bombsquad
I was up there this Sunday and saw a faded red Ranger on the side of the road on FS77. I was headed up to FS42 to hit Coopers Creek Store but the Rangers were doing training and had the road blocked so I turned around. As I was coming up on the truck the guy just backed out in to the road. He was looking at me when he did it. It wasn't a big deal; I made plenty of room when I went around him. Not sure if it is the same guy. The truck has faded, peeling stripes along the bottom of the door.
GA. DUALSPORT WANTAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 11:10 AM   #78
Tripper
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 173
Quote:
As I was coming up on the truck the guy just backed out in to the road. He was looking at me when he did it. It wasn't a big deal; I made plenty of room when I went around him. Not sure if it is the same guy. The truck has faded, peeling stripes along the bottom of the door.
This incident needs to be reported to the authorities. Someone is going to get seriously hurt or even killed by that bozo.
Tripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 12:38 PM   #79
mikem9 OP
Wanderer

Oddometer: 1,195
Tag Number

If you want the tag number, PM me. Faded red, older Ford Ranger. If anyone else has or has had an incident with this vehicle let me know.

mikem9 screwed with this post 02-10-2009 at 04:38 PM
mikem9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 11:30 PM   #80
x2468
Adventurer

Oddometer: 49
wouldn't it be hard to use a gun with riding gloves?

and it sounds like even if someone in the group had a gun, how would he use it? you were either following the truck or trying to out run it. no chance to really use a gun.
x2468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 11:32 PM   #81
x2468
Adventurer

Oddometer: 49
Quote:
whoa, this is starting to get creepy. like that horror movie with the trucker that hunts down those kids and taunts them on the CB radio
x2468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 08:40 AM   #82
mikem9 OP
Wanderer

Talked to some of my riding buddies yesterday regarding the truck. They said it was definately a very faded red, almost maroon color. The ones I talked to didn't remember the faded stripes, but that doesn't mean they weren't there.

If you have an incident of this type and get the tag, pm me and we can compare tag numbers.
Old 02-16-2009, 09:37 AM   #83
evilted
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 204
I think some people watch too many movies. Especially right handed people without auto-clutches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by x2468

and it sounds like even if someone in the group had a gun, how would he use it? you were either following the truck or trying to out run it. no chance to really use a gun.
evilted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 09:52 AM   #84
delta21
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 396
Not to be a Monday afternoon quarterback, but If that happened to me I would just stop and let the guy go on down the road, or not go on down the road(your wearing padded gloves and helmets and knee pads) then get into a chase situation. I mean think about it, he's chasin 'cause your runnin!
delta21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 05:26 PM   #85
mikem9 OP
Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by delta21
Not to be a Monday afternoon quarterback, but If that happened to me I would just stop and let the guy go on down the road, or not go on down the road(your wearing padded gloves and helmets and knee pads) then get into a chase situation. I mean think about it, he's chasin 'cause your runnin!
You had to be there to understand the dynamic. Wasn't that simple. He was flat trying to run over the front guys. If they would have stopped, it looked like he would have run over them. For those of us in the back, we couldn't just stop or turn the other way, because someone was trying to run over our buddies.

I know what you are saying - but in a case like this it's not that simple. If I would have been alone, it would have been much simpler.

mikem9 screwed with this post 02-16-2009 at 05:56 PM
Old 02-17-2009, 07:26 AM   #86
delta21
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 396
Like I said I'm not judging, just throwing an opinion out there. usually chases with bikes and cars the bikes lose, it sounds like we need to triangulate this guys whereabouts and turn him over or turn him out one of the two. I'd be up for it.
delta21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 07:45 AM   #87
bloochdog
Itinerant jackass

Oddometer: 5,704
what is the big deal about not posting the tag # ?

just post it... it is on the truck for all to see... just give the tag # so we all know...
Old 04-09-2009, 08:54 PM   #88
mikem9 OP
Wanderer

Bump. Has anyone run into our friend in the mountains lately?
Old 04-10-2009, 07:42 AM   #89
mile0321
Recon Marine

Oddometer: 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by x2468

What man? No mission impossible 360 nose wheelies while popping off two shots to the head? I guess it looks easier than it is...

Ok...valid point. It sucks you would have to stop & confront this lunatic. Runs the risk of him mowing you down with the truck. Still rather be armed than not!
mile0321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 08:58 AM   #90
Mike Honcho
Got Beaver?

Oddometer: 2,330
This is some good info fo sho! We ride up there all summer and I will keep me eye out for this fellow. We have had only one incident up in that area and the guys was drunk off his rocker and thought he owned the forest.... wonder if he bought him a new pickem'er up truck???