Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2014, 08:29 AM   #1
BrzGSAdv OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 47
Photo-friendly Tank bag for a GS Adventure

Hey folks...

Please leave your hate for tang bags behind for a sec...

Has anyone seen one that will be photographic-material-friendly? Am looking into anything that will have some subdivisions for camera and a couple lenses in a tankbag format.... Any links? Pls SHARE!

I am also looking into something that doesn't stays too much on my way (yes, trying to avoid the impossible: tang-bag clutter!)...

I do some off-road riding in somes cenic places where I'd like to take some pictures without having to dismount, etc... But I don't want a bulky bag that will be on my way a lot....

So, if not a photo-specific bag... At least one that is small enough for a DSLR to fit it.

Any help greatly appreciated!
1978 Yamaha TT125
Ride on!!!
BrzGSAdv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 10:21 AM   #2
lhendrik
Truffle Rustler

Oddometer: 2,246
Here is a very expensive, camara specific tank bag from Touratech: http://www.touratech-usa.com/Store/P...g-Large-camera
Old 01-03-2014, 11:24 AM   #3
pip_muenster
curious

Oddometer: 425
I ended up cutting dividers from an old evazote sleeping pad. Then I used a thin-walled dry bag as a lining and arranged the foam inside for a SLR, 1-2 lenses and a few filters. The bottom layer is most important to protect the lenses from bumping hard against the tank. Everything fit into an enduro-type tank bag.
For rain, the dry bag doesn't need to be completely closed, but it gives a bit of security for river crossings. It's upper half works as a dust-free environment to switch lenses if it's dusty. The dry bag inside is also much more convenient than a normal rain cover as I can still open and close the bag within seconds.

When I needed a new bag I bought a water-protected bag from enduristan.com. These bags have a red interior (rather than the usual black) to ease finding things inside which is a great idea. It's MUCH easier to find something in a white or red bag than in a black one!
I might still add the dry bag if I were to expect sand storms or water crossings (pretty rare around here).