Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2010, 12:52 PM   #1771
Crazy Canadian
All who wander r not lost

Oddometer: 2,026
Quote:
Originally Posted by donnymoto
I thought ****** was Central America, not North America... but what do I know.

Saltwater flyfishing I do know!
So is this where we start playing with Mr Eggs cousin and keep the game going until Mr Egg has time to return?

The only way to get through life is to laugh your way through it!

Day by day, nothing seems to change. But pretty soon, everything is different.
Crazy Canadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 03:32 PM   #1772
Digiamo
Dan nyc

Oddometer: 792
Congratulation on a great ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Redman
So is this where we start playing with Mr Eggs cousin and keep the game going until Mr Egg has time to return?
Having thought this was ADV* rider.com, the handler, George99, was intending to ENHANCE the Continental game called North American Tag-o-Rama.
According to the intent of the founder, it is Quality* over Quantity, so I think the longest haul in one shot should be applauded not frowned upon.
It is a quality location, easy to find, and one may even find peace and serenity in Placencia if one were opened to that sort of fair.

Patience grasshopper...there are long riders on this site.

Hats Off George
Great job moving this game to a new level.
Matter of fact I am going to pat George on the back right now.
Digiamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 04:30 PM   #1773
EvilClown
Reality show stunt double

Oddometer: 15,524
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digiamo
Having thought this was ADV* rider.com, the handler, George99, was intending to ENHANCE the Continental game called North American Tag-o-Rama.
According to the intent of the founder, it is Quality* over Quantity, so I think the longest haul in one shot should be applauded not frowned upon.
It is a quality location, easy to find, and one may even find peace and serenity in Placencia if one were opened to that sort of fair.

Patience grasshopper...there are long riders on this site.

Hats Off George
Great job moving this game to a new level.
Matter of fact I am going to pat George on the back right now.
There was both pissing and moaning when the egg took off to Canada, too. Although, that little trip just a half day from NJ now pales in comparison.

The future is no place to place your better days. ~ DMB

ECUADOR: Maintaining Rigid Flexibility
EvilClown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 05:10 PM   #1774
SRMN8R
Down & Out

Oddometer: 2,962
Absolutely amazing.

Well played.
SRMN8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 01:20 PM   #1775
Dr. Beard
Cenosillicaphobiac

Oddometer: 875
Truly in the spirit of the game. Well done.

Now who's heading south?

1974 XL250 Street Tracker
2002 R1150GS White Whale
Dr. Beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 08:53 PM   #1776
MAN OF BLUES
COG #5977 EX-TECH EDITOR

Oddometer: 2,808
Eh? sorry to say bye-bye to the egg....bummer

realistically, and I say tis with due earnest, (even though your ride was epic) I would rather have read about your adventure$ to this foreign place in a nice post, than to have had you roll Egg-o to this place, under the guise of "enhancing" the North America T-O-R...
but that's my (frugal and pizzed) opinion.....
We had fun watching Egg-O and his past predeccessors tour around, and even languish in SanDiego, for a while....how someone could even think that the "spirit" of the game would be "enhanced" by this selfish and rediculous "move to the farthest geographical edge" that it could go, would lead to "game on"....I feel it was very selfish, and not within the realm of what "normal" folks would do to keep a "game" going...

do any of you honestly believe someone will persue the egg, at a great expense, (thousands of dollars) just to retrieve it?
it is clearly eveident your planned vacation, likely planned for at least a couple years, just happened to allow a travel visa For Eggo....so sad
well, all I can say is that while you were standing in the "holy place" that you placed it next to, you might have reflected upon just how real it would be to leave it there....and brought it back after documenting it's trip, leaving it in a place conducive to active game play....

it just seems selfish...yeah, you moved it the furthest, but had you brought it back and dropped it it would have moved twice the distance....
sorry, but some of us have no $$$$$$ for this crap.
and it boils down to that. $$
this thread will die, and nobody will care.
great job.

Belize...c'mon man.

[img]

I'll start a new game tomorrow....

Oh, did you at least send all the stuff in the bag back to the person that started this game? that would have been a nice gesture... just sayin'

it's all good......just blowing you a line of $#!+, but then would you expect less???

MAN OF BLUES screwed with this post 05-01-2010 at 09:05 PM
MAN OF BLUES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 09:16 PM   #1777
Digiamo
Dan nyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAN OF BLUES
realistically, and I say tis with due earnest, (even though your ride was epic) I would rather have read about your adventure$ to this foreign place in a nice post, than to have had you roll Egg-o to this place, under the guise of "enhancing" the North America T-O-R...
but that's my (frugal and pizzed) opinion.....
We had fun watching Egg-O and his past predeccessors tour around, and even languish in SanDiego, for a while....how someone could even think that the "spirit" of the game would be "enhanced" by this selfish and rediculous "move to the farthest geographical edge" that it could go, would lead to "game on"....I feel it was very selfish, and not within the realm of what "normal" folks would do to keep a "game" going...

do any of you honestly believe someone will persue the egg, at a great expense, (thousands of dollars) just to retrieve it?
it is clearly eveident your planned vacation, likely planned for at least a couple years, just happened to allow a travel visa For Eggo....so sad
well, all I can say is that while you were standing in the "holy place" that you placed it next to, you might have reflected upon just how real it would be to leave it there....and brought it back after documenting it's trip, leaving it in a place conducive to active game play....

it just seems selfish...yeah, you moved it the furthest, but had you brought it back and dropped it it would have moved twice the distance....
sorry, but some of us have no $$$$$$ for this crap.
and it boils down to that. $$
this thread will die, and nobody will care.
great job.

Belize...c'mon man.

I'll start a new game tomorrow....

Oh, did you at least send all the stuff in the bag back to the person that started this game? that would have been a nice gesture... just sayin'
Man o blues...I appreciate your earnestness and am glad there are folks who are truly serious about this game in the same way George99 is. I know George and know his adventurous spirit out paces his ability to afford this trip. its the spirit of the adventure we should celebrate and before we stick our feet in our mouths by calling foul and a new game, may I suggest researching the past few pages of posts with a fine tooth comb for evidence that this is far from the ends of the world for some of us.
There seems to be a minority here who are down and out that Mr. Egg is not in their state. Well, as such maybe there are a whole lot of ADVRIDERS WHO SHOULD be whining the blues too.
This mascot has sat in the USA for longer than this and not a peep was uttered from anyone but the guy who dropped it.
I call for patience in the same way, that is all.
This game is far from over, baby. Far from it.

Digiamo screwed with this post 05-01-2010 at 09:26 PM
Old 05-01-2010, 09:23 PM   #1778
MAN OF BLUES
COG #5977 EX-TECH EDITOR

Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digiamo
Man o blues...I appreciate your earnestness and am glad they are folks who are truly serious about this game in the same way George99 is. I know George and know his adventurous spirit out paces his ability to afford this trip. its the spirit of the adventure we should celibrate and before we stick our feet in our mouths by calling foul and a new game, may I suggest researching the past few pages of posts with a fine tooth comb for evidence that this is far from the ends of the world for some of us.
There seems to be a minority here who are down and out that Mr. Egg is not in their state. Well, as such maybe there are a whole lot of ADVRIDERS WHO SHOULD be whining the blues too.
This mascot has sat in the USA for longer than this and not a peep was uttered from anyone but the guy who dropped it.
I call for patience in the same way, that is all.
This game is far from over, baby. Far from it.
I hear you, and you seem to be privy to some knowledge above what we, who sat watching it languish within the same country as we live, for months, would like to see come to fruition...
time will tell, and my words of a new game are just to enact an outlet for all of us that could never fathom travelling to Belize, but would travel across the US, and if perchance the tag was sitting en-route, grab the biotch.
I have to say I did have numerous opportunities to get "MOB" on the Eggo,(and blockhead, the duck, and all the predecessors) but work took precidence, after all this game did begin a hour and a half from my door...and cicled around a while...
as I noted, it's all good, but to those sitting on the continent, we watch to see it move, and I don't see it happening soon.....unless you are still there, and going to drag it back.

MAN OF BLUES screwed with this post 05-01-2010 at 09:34 PM
Old 05-01-2010, 09:43 PM   #1779
Digiamo
Dan nyc

Quote:
I hear you, and you seem to be privy to some knowledge above what we, who sat watching it languish within the same country as we live, for months, would like to see come to fruition...
time will tell, and my words of a new game are just to enact an outlet for all of us that could never fathom travelling to Belize, but would travel across the US, and if perchance the tag was sitting en-route, grab the biotch.
I have to say I did have numerous opportunities to get "MOB" on the Eggo, but work took precidence, after all this game did begin a couple hours from my door...and cicled around a while...
as I noted, it's all good, but to those sitting on the continent, we watch to see it move, and I don't see it happening soon.....unless you are still there, and going to drag it back.
this post begs a reminder that not only is this a worldwide forum, but this is a NORTH AMERICAN TAG. I would love to see a USA TAG TOO. Maybe you are our man to start that one.
Just because some of us can't travel far is no reason to take issue with those that can and are putting an enormous effort to do it with the spirit of the tag-o-rama tucked firmly under their arm.
Perhaps the local state tags are better suited for those of us on a budget.
privey to secret knowledge? Maybe....if no one is reading all the words in these posts, then yes only I know that......
THIS GAME IS STILL VERY ALIVE YOU FF's. ;)
Old 05-01-2010, 09:49 PM   #1780
MAN OF BLUES
COG #5977 EX-TECH EDITOR

Thumb

10-4
this FF's lips are further zipped.....

game on.
Old 05-01-2010, 10:12 PM   #1781
RC Pilot
Shut up and fly!

Oddometer: 5,215
Not bitching so much as questioning the logic of placing Mr. Egg in Balize. I am positive the trip was fantastic and would be for me were I able to do it. The question (as posed by others) is just how realistic is it to think someone will make the trip? Yes, technically it is in NA, then so are a whole lot of places very few folks in or watching the game can or would go to grab Mr. Egg. Technically, I could take it to the northern terminus of the ALCAN, but then it would be in the same situation it is now.

MAN of blues -- Do you intend to start a USA TOR or should I?
Old 05-01-2010, 10:24 PM   #1782
Digiamo
Dan nyc

uQUOTE=02TAC]Not bitching so much as questioning the logic of placing Mr. Egg in Balize. I am positive the trip was fantastic and would be for me were I able to do it. The question (as posed by others) is just how realistic is it to think someone will make the trip? Yes, technically it is in NA, then so are a whole lot of places very few folks in or watching the game can or would go to grab Mr. Egg. Technically, I could take it to the northern terminus of the ALCAN, but then it would be in the same situation it is now.

MAN of blues -- Do you intend to start a USA TOR or should I?[/QUOTE]
I give up! Would either of you guys like an egg delivery to your state? How close? 100 miles? 20? Two?

Old 05-02-2010, 02:25 AM   #1783
EvilClown
Reality show stunt double

Oddometer: 15,524
Quote:

I love that shot!

The future is no place to place your better days. ~ DMB

ECUADOR: Maintaining Rigid Flexibility
EvilClown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 07:52 AM   #1784
Blinkerfluid OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,173
While I admire the adventurous spirit that was required to take the egg all the way to Belize, I would like for everyone to direct their attention to 2 things.

First, the later part of rule number 2:

#2 Dirt is allowed; however, let everyone know that the route to the tag includes dirt roads. Also, use your judgment on placing the tag to ensure that someone else will most likely come and get it, i.e. don't turn this into the "lets see who can find the most obscure tag location in history" thread.

and Second, this map:
http://www.worldatlas.com/webimage/c...s/camerica.htm

Now, to me, Central America does not equal North America (which I would define as Mexico, US and Canada), however, since I sort of left that open to individual interpretation I can't say the Tag is out of bounds. As far as Rule #2 goes, there seems to be some hinting that a grab for the tag will be made in the near future, and if that's the case, Great!

Having said that, in order to have the game not put on a potentially indefinite hold, in 30 days, if no grab has been made and no plans to make the grab are in action, I will add a new rule to the list that will allow a new tag to be placed back within feasible reach of other taggers.

Sound fair to everyone?
Blinkerfluid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 08:06 AM   #1785
Digiamo
Dan nyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinkerfluid
While I admire the adventurous spirit that was required to take the egg all the way to Belize, I would like for everyone to direct their attention to 2 things.

First, the later part of rule number 2:

#2 Dirt is allowed; however, let everyone know that the route to the tag includes dirt roads. Also, use your judgment on placing the tag to ensure that someone else will most likely come and get it, i.e. don't turn this into the "lets see who can find the most obscure tag location in history" thread.

and Second, this map:
http://www.worldatlas.com/webimage/c...s/camerica.htm

Now, to me, Central America does not equal North America (which I would define as Mexico, US and Canada), however, since I sort of left that open to individual interpretation I can't say the Tag is out of bounds. As far as Rule #2 goes, there seems to be some hinting that a grab for the tag will be made in the near future, and if that's the case, Great!

Having said that, in order to have the game not put on a potentially indefinite hold, in 30 days, if no grab has been made and no plans to make the grab are in action, I will add a new rule to the list that will allow a new tag to be placed back within feasible reach of other taggers.

Sound fair to everyone?

Fair enough and with those ideals there will be a pickup post made soon since Mr. Egg is already on the move and looking for WiFi to post pics.
I like George and many others here would consider it inappropriate to dump Poor Mr. Egg so far off the beaten track.

BTW if it is not part of the North American continent then which continent is it?