Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2010, 09:15 AM   #1786
Digiamo
Dan nyc

Oddometer: 805
Admittedly, the response to this epic Tag-o- rama move is less that I expected.
much effort was expended in not only getting this tag to George but also in riding it to a new farpoint with the plan to get it to a more playable radius.

Way to go GEORGE!
Post with two thumbs so no emoticons.....trust me this deserves many emoticons.
Not the negative ones either.
Digiamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 09:32 AM   #1787
Blinkerfluid OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,173
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digiamo

BTW if it is not part of the North American continent then which continent is it?
Well I can't argue that it's not part of the NA continent. I guess when I was thinking of boundaries, I wasn't thinking what Continent to play on, I was thinking what countries to limit the game to.. and in that sense, I divided the Americas into North America, Central America, and South America.. With North America being everything from Mexico North.
Blinkerfluid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 09:37 AM   #1788
Blinkerfluid OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Admittedly, the response to this epic Tag-o- rama move is less that I expected.
much effort was expended in not only getting this tag to George but also in riding it to a new farpoint with the plan to get it to a more playable radius.

Way to go GEORGE!
Post with two thumbs so no emoticons.....trust me this deserves many emoticons.
Not the negative ones either.

I'm sure no one would argue that the move George made was indeed epic, and I don't think any one would have complained if they'd known the Tag wasn't going to stay put.. I'm pretty sure the arguments arrose when people believed there were no plans to retrieve the egg from Belize. Since there's obviously a big plan to move the egg around with the result being that it ends up in a more playable radius, then more power to the parties involved.
Old 05-02-2010, 10:41 AM   #1789
Digiamo
Dan nyc

Oddometer: 805
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinkerfluid
Well I can't argue that it's not part of the NA continent. I guess when I was thinking of boundaries, I wasn't thinking what Continent to play on, I was thinking what countries to limit the game to.. and in that sense, I divided the Americas into North America, Central America, and South America.. With North America being everything from Mexico North.
A debate over this resulted in a "F*** it" its coming back anyway so into Belize it goes.
Rest assured the wrong will be righted.
Digiamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 02:17 PM   #1790
RC Pilot
Shut up and fly!

Oddometer: 5,482
To my front porch would be good.

Read what I said. I am sure the trip was great, but is it realistic to think someone will make that trip to get the egg? Yes, taking Egg on long trips is the goal, but some thought should be put into the question of just how plausable it will be for other to get the tag once you drop it.

EDIT - Seeing as Egg may be on the move again, I'll do my best to start a USA TOR tomorrow and play it while waiting for Mr. Egg to return to a more playable area.

Quote:
uQUOTE=02TAC]Not bitching so much as questioning the logic of placing Mr. Egg in Balize. I am positive the trip was fantastic and would be for me were I able to do it. The question (as posed by others) is just how realistic is it to think someone will make the trip? Yes, technically it is in NA, then so are a whole lot of places very few folks in or watching the game can or would go to grab Mr. Egg. Technically, I could take it to the northern terminus of the ALCAN, but then it would be in the same situation it is now.

MAN of blues -- Do you intend to start a USA TOR or should I?
I give up! Would either of you guys like an egg delivery to your state? How close? 100 miles? 20? Two?

[/quote]

RC Pilot screwed with this post 05-02-2010 at 02:29 PM
RC Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 02:26 PM   #1791
Blinkerfluid OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02TAC

That said, I'll do my best to start a USA TOR tomorrow and play it while waiting for Mr. Egg to be rescued. Hopefully you will join in too.
No need, the egg's on it's way back anyway, just look up 2 posts from yours.
Old 05-02-2010, 03:16 PM   #1792
SunnyTN
n00b

Oddometer: 8
eggs-actly

While researching this trip came upon an obscure Mayan reference to the number 13 and Placencian spiritual retreats. Hunkered down, headed south with the hombres, and found the perfect shape in the rushes. Egg now safe in hand, heading into Guat. tomorrow and then a dip in the MX pacific before heading north to help the rest of you save some gas searching out a next nest.

Cheers All-

SunnyTN
SunnyTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 03:39 PM   #1793
SunnyTN
n00b

Oddometer: 8
Pickup Pics

Egg in hand, trying to do the right thang-help fix my backfiring, oh One Egg!

Further prostrations seeking the all no-ing - Whatta ya mean check the fuel injection?

His Eggness doin' it up right at Clarrisa Falls outside San Ignacio. All is well, backfiring and FI problems solved, as the egg gears up for a well-deserved ride in the saddle across Guat and points north. The egg is up and running, over easy somewhere up the road.

SunnyTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 03:44 PM   #1794
Bokononist

Oddometer: 16,969
Old 05-02-2010, 04:22 PM   #1795
RC Pilot
Shut up and fly!

Oddometer: 5,482
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinkerfluid
No need, the egg's on it's way back anyway, just look up 2 posts from yours.
Cool, but gonna try to get one going anyway. I was thinking maybe something along the lines of a USA TOR with the goal of getting teh mascot to the capitol of all lower 48 states.
Old 05-02-2010, 05:56 PM   #1796
Patrick46
visionary

Oddometer: 2,811
While I too thought that a trip for Mr. Egg ( it IS a MR....right??)....on this level was quite extreme, the egg seems to remain in play and in the right hands.

All these rocks being thrown back and forth seems a bit childish, and even if the egg was NOT back in play just yet, I think we aughta relax a bit if it does end up in an extremely outta-the-way kinda place...(much like the one it was just retrieved from)....and give it a chance to be recovered before we start screaming "foul on the play"!!!

I was a bit aprehensive when this latest TAG location was reveiled, but now that's the game is on (in smart fashion I might add)..........all I'd like to add is !!!!!!!

www.artworks-unlimited.com
Patrick46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 05:57 PM   #1797
Patrick46
visionary

Oddometer: 2,811
Quote:
Cool, but gonna try to get one going anyway. I was thinking maybe something along the lines of a USA TOR with the goal of getting teh mascot to the capitol of all lower 48 states.
That's a cool idea too!

www.artworks-unlimited.com
Patrick46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 07:36 PM   #1798
MAN OF BLUES
COG #5977 EX-TECH EDITOR

Oddometer: 3,221
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by George 99

sooooo were you guys all travelling companions? silver bike looks familiar hehehehehehe

bwaaaaaaahhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaa

hooooohoooooohooooooo

have a safe trip home fellas...
what happens in Belize...stays in Belize.....

MAN OF BLUES screwed with this post 05-02-2010 at 08:39 PM
MAN OF BLUES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 07:43 AM   #1799
Wreckchecker
Ungeneer to broked stuff.

Oddometer: 2,461
I too was apprehensive that the tag was gone and want to add a big double thumbs up for making this epic move a round trip. The Injuns used to judge power by the distance something had traveled. I guess this has become one powerful tag, then.

Quote:
To my front porch would be good.
EDIT - Seeing as Egg may be on the move again, I'll do my best to start a USA TOR tomorrow and play it while waiting for Mr. Egg to return to a more playable area.
And if the tag in the new game is on the other coast of the country, what then? Start a coastal tag? Regional tag? There are already so many tag games, just play one. Add some group tags and give your more local game a new twist!

I'll stay with the original.
Old 05-03-2010, 08:34 AM   #1800
Austin City Limits
Terry"Two Wrecks"Hammond

Oddometer: 108
Ok,,, from a LD rider who knows riders on both sides of the Bitchline on this thread???

If you have a problem with the egg going to California,,, which,,, MANY,,, did on here??? I mean,,, why call it North American Tag then??? Call it "Within 109 miles of my porch Tag"...

We can assume if California ticked you off panties will be in a wad when it goes to Belize,,, this is a given... I mean,,, if you start a game like this,,, and then bitch it gets to far from your porch and you can't play,,, watch from the sidelines and wait... LEARN,,, from others and witness great roads/spots/destinations you would never get to see!!!

I LOVE,,, reading where this has went,,, 91% of the places I might never go,,, but that 9% I will go because of this thread...

98% of this thread is all good,,, but anyone ranting on the 3 carrying the Egg on this trip,,, or,,, it getting carried to California,,, needs to remove panties from cracks and reapply IMHO...
Austin City Limits is offline   Reply With Quote