Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2009, 04:53 PM   #196
Fishyhead
Eremikophobic

Oddometer: 3,142
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyfez
I want the storage/first aid box in 1 Gal.
Me too.
Old 07-14-2009, 10:24 PM   #197
loren
Resident BBQ Expert

Oddometer: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptTurbo
I ordered some stuff back on June 27th and have not sen any shipping notice as of yet. I'm wondering if they are typically slow to ship or perhaps they have forgotten about me?

I just went to their site and tried to write them through their "contact us" feature but it would fail each time I tried to send my message. Sure would be nice to get my new tanks.
I got mine in about 5 days from my inet order.
loren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 12:03 PM   #198
CaptTurbo
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,099
I just spoke to Jason and he told me that they had a problem with the blue ones. I guess they got some bad materials so they are waiting for some new stuff. Nice guy and at least I know what is holding the shipment up. He was nice enough to offer to send me a red second (blemished) so I can have something to use while I wait for the R² blue.
Old 07-21-2009, 12:54 PM   #199
treynolds
R1100GS Commuter

Oddometer: 166
Orange 1 Gallon Storage?

Jason,

It would be great if you guys could produce a 1 gallon-size storage container, similar to the 2 gallon black, but in orange or yellow to use for a first-aid container. A black 1 gallon unit would be great for tools. How waterproof are the 2 gallon versions?

Tony

KLR Farkle-natic

treynolds screwed with this post 07-21-2009 at 01:07 PM
treynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 07:17 PM   #200
Haasenpfeffer
Training wheels R off

Oddometer: 303
Has anyone else had problems with the Gaskets? Both of my gaskets are falling apart. I love the can and felt so safe with them that they wouldn't leak, but without the gasket the are leaking all the time. Email them about the problem and they said they would send some out, but I am still waiting.
Haasenpfeffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 07:50 PM   #201
Stub deToe
Stub deToe

Kudu's to Jason

Just wanted to send a "job well done" out to Jason, the President of Rotopax. I had ordered a set of green fuel tanks for my 1150 GS but one of them arrived in red, not a huge problem, but thought I would let him know of the shipping discrepancy. He immediately said he would correct the issue and send me a replacement tank at n/c and to keep the green one. I asked if at all possible to send me a white water tank in it's place and he said he would. Well as luck would have it, a few days later another green one arrived. Now I had a red one and two green ones. I let him know of the arrival and he was surprised to find out that his shipper had again sent out the wrong one, so he tried again. This time the proper white one arrived. He said for me to keep the two extra tanks.

I heartily recommend Jason and his fine company, they certainly try to make things right and do go that extra yard for sure. Good vendors are still out there!

Here are some pictures of the tanks mounted in place of the passenger seat on my GS. I used a metal plate in place of the factory plastic tool box cover, as you can see it fits precisely between the rear of the seat and the front of the Givi rack.Name:  DSC01681.JPG
Views: 2486
Size:  58.3 KB
Stub deToe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 07:56 PM   #202
Stub deToe
Stub deToe

Two tanks stacked on a GS

Here is the water tank on top of the gas tank on my 1150GS. Well protected by the frame, weight directly above the rear axel, and still allows load to be fixed above and to the sides. Does not impair the operation of the Givi top case lid or the Jesse lids.
Attached Images

Old 08-16-2009, 10:10 AM   #203
Haasenpfeffer
Training wheels R off

Oddometer: 303
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stub deToe
Here is the water tank on top of the gas tank on my 1150GS. Well protected by the frame, weight directly above the rear axel, and still allows load to be fixed above and to the sides. Does not impair the operation of the Givi top case lid or the Jesse lids.
Love this install. I am hoping to get a F650 GS soon and will have to try that install on mine.

Stub deToe, how is the ride with the tanks on. Does it feel anyheavier and does the seat comfort change at all.
Haasenpfeffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 10:14 AM   #204
xymotic
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,364
Quote:
Originally Posted by treynolds
Jason,

It would be great if you guys could produce a 1 gallon-size storage container, similar to the 2 gallon black, but in orange or yellow to use for a first-aid container. A black 1 gallon unit would be great for tools. How waterproof are the 2 gallon versions?

Tony

KLR Farkle-natic
+1 I love the 2 gallon storage + gass but it's just a little too big on the bike. 1 gallon would be perfect!

I don;t care what color it comes in :)
"Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted in large ones either."
Albert Einstein

Baja trip to the tip
6:10 to Yuma
trials and tribulations in the Mojave
Baja Blitz Yard sale
View Current Location via Spot Tracker
xymotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 01:09 PM   #205
Stub deToe
Stub deToe

Stacked tanks

Likely two stacked 1 gal tanks are too much, but the beauty of this is that with the extension piece the option rests with me, a simple addition to the mount and viola it holds two. Depending on the trip and destination, a single tank might do fine. Alternatively, if I get another mount I could mount two 1 gal tanks side-by-each for a larger more stable surface area for further cargo, and the Jesse's still open--just barely--without touching, but that would cost a bit more for the mounts. The double stack is the most economical way to go, since it allows the choice of one or two tanks, the side-by-each requires two tanks at all times for balance. The two gallon tanks are simply too large for MC applications. Just my two cents worth...
Old 08-19-2009, 01:49 PM   #206
007ADVenture
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 235
I like the double stack idea with one being fuel and the other water. Would probably never need 2 gal of fuel, but 1 gal water and 1 gal fuel sounds right for most trips.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stub deToe
Likely two stacked 1 gal tanks are too much, but the beauty of this is that with the extension piece the option rests with me, a simple addition to the mount and viola it holds two. Depending on the trip and destination, a single tank might do fine. Alternatively, if I get another mount I could mount two 1 gal tanks side-by-each for a larger more stable surface area for further cargo, and the Jesse's still open--just barely--without touching, but that would cost a bit more for the mounts. The double stack is the most economical way to go, since it allows the choice of one or two tanks, the side-by-each requires two tanks at all times for balance. The two gallon tanks are simply too large for MC applications. Just my two cents worth...
Old 08-19-2009, 09:15 PM   #207
Kilter
As In "Out of ......."

Oddometer: 168
No Problems

Quote:
Has anyone else had problems with the Gaskets?
I have had the 1 gal tank on the back of my 1200GS for over 2 months. Did a 4000 mile trip to glacier NP plus about 500 miles off-road. I have bounced the heck outta it and have it held on by bungees. No problem. It has been in heat and cold. The tank bulges a bit in the heat but I have been in 100+ degrees and never had a leak from the tank.

Thanks Jason. Great tank!

2006 R1200GS
Kilter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 07:46 PM   #208
50X50
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 186
Photobucket

"rocks, sand, mud, clay, ruts, cambers, water crossings, & everything else"
My Pics, Vids, SPOT & Blog
www.santacruzadventureriders.com
50X50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 10:11 AM   #209
clapped_r6
The Spoad Warrior

Oddometer: 2,593
on the site under storage containers it says "more sizes coming soon"
Old 11-18-2009, 11:38 AM   #210
WeeBee
Roaming ADV Gnome

Oddometer: 1,529
Bad Gaskets???

Hey Jason - what's the story on this guy's claims that the gaskets failed on his Rotopax? I haven't yet used the 2gal Rotopax I bought from you earlier this year but if there's a problem with the gaskets, I'd like to know and get updated replacements if or when they are available.

See post's #641 and #645 in The Toolkit Thread

WeeBee is offline   Reply With Quote