Old 02-15-2010, 08:53 PM   #229
Trl Rdr
Big Red Bird

Oddometer: 2,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbirdsp
Me too!
Like This:

Fuel can works great Have not filled the water container yet.
Baja Mexico Trail Ride Report
Big Bend Ranch Drive and Ride Report
Trl Rdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 09:17 PM   #230
bikyto
Dans le doute...gaz!

Oddometer: 2,129
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-livier
Interesting... Just tried to compare the Ebay "offer" vs. the 15% " Ebay offer" if ordered directly through the web site. I wanted to see the difference in price with shipping and fell right into a deceptive "trap":

Buying directly through the web site ends up MORE EXPENSIVE (even with 15% off) than buying through Ebay... As I entered my Paypal information (just to check shipping quotes), I could not review the shipping $$$ before my ordered was taken into the system... Feel quite disappointed with this tactic to lead someone else somewhere else to finally "loose" a few more bucks while following the route to "save"... quite deceptive ain't it?

Word of caution for others (unless Jason can explain), do not buy through the Web site but through Ebay as the "ebay" discount is NOT going to save you more
yes same here. I didn't like the "tactic" and the fact that I wasn't able to check the shipping. It just processed the order without confirmation on my part. Don't buy from the website. Ebay is less expensive.
It's really not so much the few $$ of difference, it's the way it was handled.

FWIW....
bikyto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 08:31 AM   #231
Capt. REDBEARD
TWECO

Oddometer: 1,074
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-livier
Interesting... Just tried to compare the Ebay "offer" vs. the 15% " Ebay offer" if ordered directly through the web site. I wanted to see the difference in price with shipping and fell right into a deceptive "trap":

Buying directly through the web site ends up MORE EXPENSIVE (even with 15% off) than buying through Ebay... As I entered my Paypal information (just to check shipping quotes), I could not review the shipping $$$ before my ordered was taken into the system... Feel quite disappointed with this tactic to lead someone else somewhere else to finally "loose" a few more bucks while following the route to "save"... quite deceptive ain't it?

Word of caution for others (unless Jason can explain), do not buy through the Web site but through Ebay as the "ebay" discount is NOT going to save you more

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikyto
yes same here. I didn't like the "tactic" and the fact that I wasn't able to check the shipping. It just processed the order without confirmation on my part. Don't buy from the website. Ebay is less expensive.

FWIW....

why was the above quote from O-liver deleted?

if not here, then where is the appropriate place to raise questions pertaining to the service of a vendor?

if the ocean were whiskey and I were a duck - I'd swim to the bottom and never come up
Capt. REDBEARD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 11:10 AM   #232
bikyto
Dans le doute...gaz!

Oddometer: 2,129
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMUG SLUG

why was the above quote from O-liver deleted?

if not here, then where is the appropriate place to raise questions pertaining to the service of a vendor?
I thought the same thing. Usually, it says "moved to". But I received the email notification with the post then went to the forum and it was deleted. I didn't understand why but wanted to share my experience as well so I copied and pasted the original post.

If it was in the wrong place, I apologize. I still would like to know why it was deleted though.
Anyhow, my feedback was mainly about my experience. voila...
bikyto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 07:45 PM   #233
250senuf
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,178
Shipping for Canucks

Buying through eBay looks better for us Canuckleheads as it seems to be USPS whereas at the website it's courier. I prefer parcel post out of the states; no outrageous brokerage fees plus out here in the boonies the couriers leave a lot to be desired. If you're not home for the post delivery it's no problem, take your note to the postal outlet etc; some of the couriers don't even have storefronts locally. Most of the time post gets across the border no charges and if there is a charge it is WAY less than the courier gouge. The quadshop.ca (BC) also shows shipping via courier.
250senuf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 04:28 AM   #234
mr bones
Adventurer

Oddometer: 72
They look the goods. I'm just trying to work out where to put it.
mr bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 02:26 PM   #235
pooky
n00b

Oddometer: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by 250senuf
Buying through eBay looks better for us Canuckleheads as it seems to be USPS whereas at the website it's courier. I prefer parcel post out of the states; no outrageous brokerage fees plus out here in the boonies the couriers leave a lot to be desired. If you're not home for the post delivery it's no problem, take your note to the postal outlet etc; some of the couriers don't even have storefronts locally. Most of the time post gets across the border no charges and if there is a charge it is WAY less than the courier gouge. The quadshop.ca (BC) also shows shipping via courier.
Well, I purchased through Rotopax web site and got 20% discount using promo code back in mid-Jan.
Shipping was with USPS as requested to Canada.
I bought four 1 gal tanks; 2 locking mounts and 2 extensions.
My taxes & duty at my front door to the mailman was $26 and change.

Great looking product so I consider it worthwhile for me.

pssst- there are other discount promo codes available from other forums - just google.
pooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 03:03 PM   #236
lakota
Geeser

Oddometer: 2,853
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikyto

FWIW....
same thing happened to me
IBA #42016

my ride reports

follow my ride

lakota is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 07:37 PM   #237
250senuf
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,178
Good news indeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooky
Well, I purchased through Rotopax web site and got 20% discount using promo code back in mid-Jan.
Shipping was with USPS as requested to Canada.
I bought four 1 gal tanks; 2 locking mounts and 2 extensions.
My taxes & duty at my front door to the mailman was $26 and change.

Great looking product so I consider it worthwhile for me.

pssst- there are other discount promo codes available from other forums - just google.
That's great news. I was just going by what I saw on the website, didn't actually try to place an order. Had yours been shippped via courier the ransom would have far in excess of the 26$.
Thanks for the update.
250senuf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 11:06 AM   #238
FNMAN
Adventurer

Oddometer: 82
Talked to Jason at Rotopax

I just talked to Jason and he said they were not trying to deceive anyone and that they would look at their system to fix any issues.

I too, hit PayPal to get a shipping quote only to see that I had completed the transaction. He offered to refund some of the shipping costs and mentioned that the $25.91 seemed high for shipping to MO.

Be patient, I believe he will fix any issues and address any concerns.

Thanks,

2008 YAM WR250R-SOLD
2010 BMW F800GS Lava Orange
FNMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 12:05 AM   #239
RotopaX
Adventurer

Oddometer: 28
RotopaX Pricing Issues

Hi, FNMAN Thanks for your call today to let me know about the issue here on ADVrider.com.

I haven't checked in for a while and was disappointed to see the comments that people feel we were trying to deceive them into spending more money.

We have an issue with our system working with the PayPal module and have our web guy looking into it.

As for all the adjustments with pricing I would like to explain.

It took us a year to obtain our certifications from the EPA for our fuel packs to be legally sold in this country due to new regulations that went into place in 2009.
We decided that we would offer retail discounts in order to get people using our products, grow the business and that we would wait to approach dealers until our product passed it's testing and approval process.

Once it had passed and we had been granted an EPA number we decided the next step would be to place them in local power sports stores.
In order to do this we have had to tighten up our discounts to allow the dealers to make a fair margin. We went from a 20% discount both here and on ebay to a 5% average discount on ebay and a 10% here. The thing we neglected to consider was the free shipping offered on some ebay items.

Anyway, I want everyone to know that the ADVrider group has been one of our largest and best customer groups and we would like to show our appreciation. As we are targeting the ATV and 4X4 dealers to begin with I can offer your choice of either a 15% OFF coupon or a FREE SHIPPING (Continental U.S.) coupon. You can simply enter each coupon to determine which one will be your best savings depending upon your location.
I cannot promise this discount will be available long term so use them as soon as possible.

15% Coupon is ADVRIDER
FREE SHIPPING Coupon is: FREESHIP
(Minimum 40.00 purchase is required)

If you made a purchase after April 1st 2010 email me and I will get you a credit for an additional 5% of your order.

Sorry again for all the confusion on pricing.

Any questions or issues in the future please feel free to call or email me directly.

Thanks for your support!

Jason@rotopax.com or 801-299-1885

Jason.

RotopaX screwed with this post 04-21-2010 at 12:31 AM
RotopaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 02:28 AM   #240
ktm950se
Banned

Oddometer: 1,385
Greetings Jason,
I recently completed the "Rotopax Support" form on your website to inquire about a mounting bracket that would attach to a round support, as opposed to just a flat surface. As many luggage racks, engine/frame guards, etc. are made from round tubing, I though such a mount would be useful to many of us.
There is even a Red R100GS in your website's Customer Motorcycle Photos section that shows a mounting setup of this type.
Will you be offering something along these lines soon?

ktm950se
ktm950se is offline   Reply With Quote