Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Australia
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2013, 04:41 PM   #2476
tripodtiger OP
I used to be SCRay

Oddometer: 4,595
Got my 250 pistons/rings from the US . I'll get them to the machinist this arvo, so

I'll be coming down to Albury tomorrow morning (wednesday). First thing will be dropping in on my brother, then Whitehouse MC

I'll endeavour to be there by 10am. Maybe 10.30?

http://tripodtiger.smugmug.com/
tripodtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 06:27 PM   #2477
UncleGra
CRASHING BORE

Oddometer: 2,737
See you in there....Ive emailed you..
Old 02-18-2013, 08:31 PM   #2478
dobbo
dirt dog

Oddometer: 931
Ahhhh the old 'Angle Crossing vid', I knew it would pop up.

Yep, I chickened out...
Everyone has a weakness: Superman = Kryptonite... Dobbo=Water
However, I didn't want to be the bloke on the news that night, who's bike was washed downstream and had to be rescued... you know the one... D*ckhead usually springs to mind.

The tide was flowing at a fairly quick pace, even though it was only around 40cm deep. Difference between the outfit and a motorcycle is that the O/F will stand by itself as you dismount and has a bit more weight in it to keep it firmly in place.

That said... if I had no other choice, I would have had to cross.... but there was another option available so I took that, rather than be on Tripod's doco.

See you all for some water crossing training..
dobbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:34 PM   #2479
dobbo
dirt dog

Oddometer: 931
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripodtiger View Post
Got my 250 pistons/rings from the US . I'll get them to the machinist this arvo, so

I'll be coming down to Albury tomorrow morning (wednesday). First thing will be dropping in on my brother, then Whitehouse MC

I'll endeavour to be there by 10am. Maybe 10.30?
Tripod,

me and brother are heading down through Albury on our way to PI, planning to leave here between 9:30 -10am. Looking at stopping the night at Jamieson.
dobbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:36 PM   #2480
tripodtiger OP
I used to be SCRay

Hope you have a great weekend of it, Dobbo. And everyone else that goes. And everyone else where ever you may be.

I'm hoping to take the XS, with the opposition leader on the back, to somewhere around Jindabyne on the 3rd weekend of March ie 16th & 17th.

It's a Griffith Classic MCC weekend, well it's supposed to be. So it's black top all the way. So far it's just swimbo & I, plus Zac & his missus (XJR). That'd do just fine but, figured you lot may like to stick your beaks in.

Time to drag the road burners out? Anyone?

Might find a pub in Jindabyne. Or Dalgety. Or Berridale?

Wotchareckon Woody? Recommend somewhere civilised? You know, drop toilets WITH bum paper
and locking doors!

Old 02-22-2013, 01:06 AM   #2481
snowypete
Adventurer

Oddometer: 39
So clear

Hi BergDonk,

Such fantastic clarity in your photo. If you took a photo of someone yawning you would clearly see their a&*$hole.

Go Pies!!!
snowypete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 04:20 PM   #2482
tripodtiger OP
I used to be SCRay

Quote:
Originally Posted by BergDonk View Post
Put the rollers back in and beef up the top one like I did.

Where is the medial support post mounted?
I looked at Gra's and it looked like there was a frame tube or the top rear engine bolt.

Old 02-23-2013, 01:23 AM   #2483
UncleGra
CRASHING BORE

you can see both here..looks like its strapped to the frame..

Old 02-23-2013, 02:19 AM   #2484
trokel
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 916
Quote:
And everyone else where ever you may be.

I'm hoping to take the XS, with the opposition leader on the back, to somewhere around Jindabyne on the 3rd weekend of March ie 16th & 17th.

It's a Griffith Classic MCC weekend, well it's supposed to be. So it's black top all the way. So far it's just swimbo & I, plus Zac & his missus (XJR). That'd do just fine but, figured you lot may like to stick your beaks in.

After getting the heads up from a bloke I work with I took Justin down to the causeway this afternoon to watch some dirt track racing. We had a top time and it was only $5 donation for entry so it's great value and it was brilliant to be able to go and see something like this being held locally.

As for the Jindabyne ride you mentioned I am interested. It would make a good test for the XJ prior to Broadford as i have some time off mid March and plan to play around with the jetting a bit more.
trokel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 02:56 AM   #2485
Woody2627
Skinny Decaf Latte Thanks

Oddometer: 832
Quote:
Hope you have a great weekend of it, Dobbo. And everyone else that goes. And everyone else where ever you may be.

Time to drag the road burners out? Anyone?

Might find a pub in Jindabyne. Or Dalgety. Or Berridale?

Wotchareckon Woody? Recommend somewhere civilised? You know, drop toilets WITH bum paper
and locking doors!
Not sure if I can be too much help here Ray, I have flushing toilets with Kleenex Super Soft bum paper , so haven't tried out the local establishments. My preferred drinking hole is The Station, coz I can walk there, but it's only open fridee nites so not much good to you blokes. Have a yarn to Pepe and Sue from over your way, they just had a coupla nights at the Banjo, so they could give you a good idea of its standard. You get a good feed there.

You could risk the Dalgety pub, but one of the regulars here (SBSP?) had a bit to say about it that wasn't too complementary. I don't know anything about the Berridale pub.

You coulda picked a better weekend, I won't be here, off to free beer and sausage sangas with the aforementioned Pepe and Sue, complements of Compass Expeditions.
Woody2627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 03:09 PM   #2486
tripodtiger OP
I used to be SCRay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody2627 View Post
Not sure if I can be too much help here Ray, I have flushing toilets with Kleenex Super Soft bum paper , so haven't tried out the local establishments. My preferred drinking hole is The Station, coz I can walk there, but it's only open fridee nites so not much good to you blokes. Have a yarn to Pepe and Sue from over your way, they just had a coupla nights at the Banjo, so they could give you a good idea of its standard. You get a good feed there.

You could risk the Dalgety pub, but one of the regulars here (SBSP?) had a bit to say about it that wasn't too complementary. I don't know anything about the Berridale pub.

You coulda picked a better weekend, I won't be here, off to free beer and sausage sangas with the aforementioned Pepe and Sue, complements of Compass Expeditions.
Thanks Woody. I've only been to the dalgety pub once. We had a pretty good night, and they re-opened the kitchen for us and provided us a good feed. And a few good beers, too.

I was out with a bunch on a P licence course a week or so ago. We'd pulled up beside one of the main drags and this old ute slows down beside us. I couldn't quite see the driver, because of glare etc, then he slowly moved the thing forward and the bike stickers were on the back window, so I'm getting prepared for the old codger wanting to ask me how he goes about getting his licence or something like that. It took a moment, but out stepped Pepe! I haven't seen him for quite some time. We only know each other through the Ulysses Club and now, we both chose to not ride with the old girls and their wives (far too many rules, when the gumbyment has made plenty ofr us already). I may just get onto him.

Compass Expeditions, eh. I've long seen a Ferris Wheels trip in my future. Nepal, I reckon.

Old 02-23-2013, 03:20 PM   #2487
tripodtiger OP
I used to be SCRay

[QUOTE=trokel;20790384
As for the Jindabyne ride you mentioned I am interested. It would make a good test for the XJ prior to Broadford as i have some time off mid March and plan to play around with the jetting a bit more.[/QUOTE]

Ben & I at one of the Eastern Creek GPs.

Take lots of photos of your kids. You'll enjoy the good memories when they turn out to be utter, utter, utter bastards.

And stop playing with the bloody carbs on that Yam. You're gonna wear out the threads on the jets.
You can come & do mine.

The XS is running shit below 3, with a trailing thottle. Once it goes off the idle circuit it's ok. I've ordered some manual SR500 taps, from Mikes XS, that should fit. A mate loaned me a genuine SR tap, and it fitted. Logic dictates. I've not long changed all the diaphram components in the taps and they both continue to leak, so I figure excessive fuel may be an issue, pushing past the needle & seat. I'm not going to worry too much about it straight away as it needs the head gasket done, again.

Old 02-23-2013, 04:38 PM   #2488
fayeslane
Rankest of amateurs

Oddometer: 1,384
Quote:
Ben & I at one of the Eastern Creek GPs.

The XS is running shit below 3,

So, keep it above 3
BMW R80G/SPD
BMW R100TIC
fayeslane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 01:19 PM   #2489
fayeslane
Rankest of amateurs

Oddometer: 1,384
Calling flodder

Flodder, the bicycles you gave me will be appearing (slightly altered ) in the courtyard behind La Maison retaurant, Gateway Village, Lincoln Causeway this Friday, Saturday & Sunday. I'll be there most of the time so if you get a chance come & say g'day.

Invite extends to the rest of you Riverina art lovers too
BMW R80G/SPD
BMW R100TIC
fayeslane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 02:21 PM   #2490
UncleGra
CRASHING BORE

I'll be in my 70's flares and paisley shirt with an obscene opulent gold medallion round me neck..