User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-28-2013, 07:44 PM   #2956
RED CAT
Bumpy Backroader

Oddometer: 2,753
Saturday!

Few of us heading out for a gravel/bumpy road ride saturday 10am(don't be late) leaving from the Petro Can on 130 Ave SE/ Douglasdale Blvd. Be about 200-250km heading SW, no further south than Longview. Should be home before 5pm. Gravel/Road conditions are perfect. Was out today for a blast. We tend to ride briskly on big duallies. Will stop for a bite probably in Black Diamond. You're all welcome!

RED CAT screwed with this post 03-01-2013 at 06:47 AM
RED CAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:55 PM   #2957
Shibby!
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,647
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beema Killa View Post
Did anyone else know about this bullshit?!?!

http://www.avaaz.org/en/petition/Pre...berta/?cIozjeb
Yup.

Old news. Everybody should sign it. Can't hurt.

Sadly, no matter what we do it'll come into play, it's just a matter of how far they go. Everybody should inform themselves about this and join a group who voices our opinion. I'm sure the Alberta Dual Sport group does, I know RMDRA does, etc.

We're slowly losing riding and camping areas. Adventure in our back country is becoming illegal. Sad.
Dirt Donkeys Do Baja: http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=671095

Shibby! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 09:10 PM   #2958
gwotbmcb
n00b

Oddometer: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by RED CAT View Post
Few of us heading out for a gravel/bumpy road ride saturday 10am(don't be late) leaving from the Petro Can on 130 Ave SE/ Douglasdale Blvd. Be about 200-250km heading SW, no further south than Longview. Should be home before 5pm. Gravel/Road conditions are perfect. Was out today for a blast. We tend to ride briskly on big duallies. Will stop for a bite probably in Black Diamond. You're welcome!
Great, am riding a 650 so will wear thick gloves to dampen the vibration while pulling up the rear...and keep cold away.
gwotbmcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 08:18 AM   #2959
flossandfly
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by RED CAT View Post
Few of us heading out for a gravel/bumpy road ride saturday 10am(don't be late) leaving from the Petro Can on 130 Ave SE/ Douglasdale Blvd. Be about 200-250km heading SW, no further south than Longview. Should be home before 5pm. Gravel/Road conditions are perfect. Was out today for a blast. We tend to ride briskly on big duallies. Will stop for a bite probably in Black Diamond. You're all welcome!

Can;t make 10 am. Have a fun ride.
flossandfly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 12:53 PM   #2960
Beema Killa
Beema Killa

Oddometer: 693
Me neither. Kids stuff in the AM. Running around on her today getting errands done. Love errands on this thing! Haha.
Beema Killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 12:58 PM   #2961
Cal
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 754
Howdy folks
I just bought a KLR650 2003 for a young guy from Belgium to use for holidays, it was lowered, so I am raising it back to stock for him. I need to extend the shortened side stand, any comments on who or where to do this? Any welders up for this? He is on a budget also.
Cal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 03:12 PM   #2962
XSoCal
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 167
Quick condition report for those heading toward Longview tomorrow (kids too, can't make it). 22 is clear and all good, 532 was good for a while, then some ice patches but you could get around them easy or go slow over them. The big problem was the cross wind - couldn't get over the hump because the wind would blow you sideways on the ice. But really nice out other than the wind.
XSoCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 06:15 PM   #2963
Beema Killa
Beema Killa

Oddometer: 693
Gonna have to do another beer n grub night soon.
Beema Killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 07:18 AM   #2964
Up&Downer
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
Hello All

After years of not riding I decided to buy myself a 09 Vstrom 1000. Wanted to get back on the road. Wasn't sure who I would ride with but then I found this thread. Looks like a like minded community that will be a pleasure to join. Would have loved to get in with the ride today but bike is in pieces (it sat for years and needed greasing etc) but will definitely make the next one.
On another note missing some of those susy plastic clips dealer wants $3.25 each!!! any place I can get them cheaper?
Up&Downer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 09:22 AM   #2965
rokdktr
Adventure North

Oddometer: 190
Klim Gear

Putting my Klim "suit" and boots up in the Flea Market fellow Calgarians......little plug for locals

(sorry about the EE thing, had the wrong forum in my head)

rokdktr screwed with this post 03-02-2013 at 01:36 PM
rokdktr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 10:12 AM   #2966
Up&Downer
Adventurer

???ee??

Must be a noOB don't know what EE means.
Old 03-03-2013, 10:36 AM   #2967
flossandfly
Gnarly Adventurer

MC maintenance course?

Hi guys, I want to learn more about my bike and don't want to use trial and error. After the posts about stealerships I think it would be time well spend to learn to be able to do more. I have the clymer and honda manuals but sometmes I am not clear on all the steps.

There is a course at sait but it is 9 weeks and 300 dollars. Something shorter and more specific to my bike would be better.

http://www.sait.ca/programs-and-cour...aintenance.php

What do you guys recommend for a rider with "undeveloped" skills in the bike maintenance department.
Old 03-03-2013, 12:11 PM   #2968
flossandfly
Gnarly Adventurer

pirelli MT 21 front and dunlop 606 rear good in mud

Got out Friday when we could still see the ground. Found lots of mud to see how my mud oriented tires would perform. It was pretty good. I didn't fall in and went through some long muddy sections. Definitely got some looks at the car wash after. I think they can ask you for extra money if you leave lots of gobs of mud behind.
Old 03-03-2013, 01:56 PM   #2969
Up&Downer
Adventurer

MC Maintenance

Well floss i did take a course in small engine marine at a college in BC, and it did give me a base to work on. So if you want to do that go ahead it won't be wasted time.
But, its the doing that really teaches, learn how to take your fairings and seat off, do an oil change, hang out with people who are doing this, ask questions, read the tech sections of this forum. In no time you will learn that given the right tools and a good manual there is almost nothing that you can't do on your bike.
Old 03-03-2013, 03:07 PM   #2970
flossandfly
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Up&Downer View Post
Well floss i did take a course in small engine marine at a college in BC, and it did give me a base to work on. So if you want to do that go ahead it won't be wasted time.
But, its the doing that really teaches, learn how to take your fairings and seat off, do an oil change, hang out with people who are doing this, ask questions, read the tech sections of this forum. In no time you will learn that given the right tools and a good manual there is almost nothing that you can't do on your bike.
Thanks. I have pretty common bike with a good online community (Honda xr650L). I have done what you are talking about. Oil change, snapped off oil drain bolt using honda torque specs. Took it to honda to remove the snapped off bolt, was an expensive oil change haha. I agree learning by doing is better. Just don't want to screw something up and be without a bike until I can get somebody to bail me out.