Beema Killa
Beema Killa

Oddometer: 693
Beema Killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 08:39 PM   #3527
Beema Killa
Beema Killa

Got back into Calgary safe and sound and some fucker cut me off on Piegan to Deerfoot ramp. Had to come out of the lean, stand it up and bounce over the curb, scrub speed and slid it into a chain link fence. Tore off a mirror, twisted my forks, gouged a gas can a scraped my top case. Thought the front wheel was toasted, but managed to lift it before the curb. Managed to get my leg out from between the bike and fence before they collided and came to a stop. All good though. Epoxied the mirror, loosened everything up front and straightened out the forks and just gotta wash the grass stains from my jeans. Coulda been worse! Bike is due for valve check in 250kms so better get that sorted out.

Hope everyone has been getting out!

Cheers,
Beema.
Old 08-24-2013, 09:47 PM   #3528
BCT
Adventurer

Oddometer: 16
Thanks for the info on Waiparous Road Lycan1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycan1 View Post
It' been awhile, but there was nothing tough on the actual Waiprous road. Lastyear there was a rig up at the end, and rig matting on one section. Other than that it was easy. The trail to Waiprous falls, after the creek crossing, I don't. Know
Great, thanks.
BCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 09:53 PM   #3529
BCT
Adventurer

Oddometer: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shibby! View Post
If anything it gets easier. Less water, easy water crossings, maybe one hill that's so-so, but nothing harder than the Margaret Lake loop.

As with everything, I suggest you go with others. I've seen many of my friends with concussions and I've personally twisted my knee and badly tore my MCL. If I wasn't there for my friends, or my buddy for me , I'd be in some pretty bad situations. I normally have my spot, but that's only so good and that's IF you can press it or have access to it. After that it's still likely hours before you see someone.

Thanks for the info and wise counsel Shibby. I really do need to get it together and become a bit more social (and safer) in my riding habits before I end up breaking down or getting broken out in the boonies.
BCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 06:44 AM   #3530
RED CAT
Bumpy Backroader

Oddometer: 2,783
Beema Killa!

Holy crap. Sounds like it wasn't your day. Calgary is getting too busy. I try to avoid riding my bike in town unless I'm heading out of town. You going to do the valve check yourself? Front cylinder is tough to get at but I found that if you loosen the rad and move it forward as far as possible without disconnecting the hoses, you can remove the front valve cover and do the adjust. Rear cylinder is easy. Been doing lots of riding. 40,000kms on my big YumYum now.
RED CAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 12:17 PM   #3531
Beema Killa
Beema Killa

Great to hear Redcat! Thanks for the tips!
Old 08-25-2013, 02:38 PM   #3532
RED CAT
Bumpy Backroader

Oddometer: 2,783
Beema Killa

PS. If you do need valve shims buy them for the Harley V Rod. Much cheaper than the KTM ones and same size with more size increments.
RED CAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 08:46 PM   #3533
where2next?
Map guy

Oddometer: 193
Saw Lycan 1 on the FTR at Ghost south staging today with 2 other guys. we pulled off to let you go by so you didn't have to eat dust. Who else was there? you didn't have your screen names on your bikes hahaha.
where2next? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 09:14 PM   #3534
dieselpete
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by where2next? View Post
Saw Lycan 1 on the FTR at Ghost south staging today with 2 other guys. we pulled off to let you go by so you didn't have to eat dust. Who else was there? you didn't have your screen names on your bikes hahaha.
Popular day on the FTR! We were headed south, and crossed paths south of Mountain Aire Lodge.
dieselpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 07:36 AM   #3535
flossandfly
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by where2next? View Post
That was ianincalgary, me and lycan1. It was the ride to limestone mountain ian posted a few posts back. Nice day for a ride even if the air filter needs to be cleaned afterwards.
flossandfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 10:36 AM   #3536
slabm7
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 304
Hi guys,

I'm looking for some info and accessing racehorse pass and travelling it from east to west, I've never been over it before and if anyone could give me and help on where the access point is and general direction it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Nobody EVER lies on their death bed and says "I should have worked more".
slabm7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 05:00 PM   #3537
morerpmfred
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 139
Sept 1 pass is closed for hunter/outfitter season on the bc side. What bike are riding over? Coming from the east side. Through maycroft or crowsnest pass ?
morerpmfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 06:32 PM   #3538
dieselpete
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycan1 View Post
You must have been the 2 Beemers, or the KLR and smaller blue bike that were running together.
I was the second (much slower) Beemer.

Hope to catch up with you guys sometime for a ride, just need to know if its a big bike friendly ride!
dieselpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 06:58 PM   #3539
Shibby!
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,655
Quote:
Originally Posted by morerpmfred View Post
Sept 1 pass is closed for hunter/outfitter season on the bc side. What bike are riding over? Coming from the east side. Through maycroft or crowsnest pass ?

Never knew that.

Are any of the passes open on the west side?

BTW, please feel free to provide pass info for the guy questioning, but do it via PM. I'd sooner keep these trails to motorcyclists / enthusiasts than whoever else that comes across the info.
Dirt Donkeys Do Baja: http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=671095

Shibby! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 09:50 PM   #3540
slabm7
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by morerpmfred View Post
I plan on doing Racehorse pass (legally, not around the gates) on Aug 30th and then comeback over on North Fork pass on Sept 2nd.

Nobody EVER lies on their death bed and says "I should have worked more".
slabm7 is offline   Reply With Quote