Map guy

Oddometer: 193
who's packed?
where2next? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 08:39 PM   #3617
Cal
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 757
I always carry my compressor but I have tubes.
Cal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 05:40 PM   #3618
where2next?
Map guy

Just Sayin'
Old 09-15-2013, 05:52 PM   #3619
Lycan1
Grizzly herder

Oddometer: 823
A.f.d.c.d.s.r 1

Southern leg is done, and we had a good run. The morning crew that showed up to see us off, or Ride part or all the way included; Red Cat, Cal, Beema Killa, Canadian_Bacon, ExpatADV, Where2next?,Durden, and me.

Here are a few from the trip. Dutch Creek road is a little more fun now with a few more challenges.

Where2next? showing how it's done.

ExpatADV doing the original Dutch Creek washout.

New bridge on Allison Creek road.

A little trail action south of Coleman.

Bridge washout on Sartoris road, and bypass.

Canadian_Bacon's beautiful 690!
Old 09-15-2013, 06:31 PM   #3620
Canadian_Bacon
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 180
Such a great ride on Saturday! I have a feeling we will be able to get a couple more weekend trips in before the snow falls. Fingers crossed!

And thx for the pic of my ride Lycan!

Next time we will swap for a bit.
Canadian_Bacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 07:04 PM   #3621
ExpatADV
Adventurer

Oddometer: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_Bacon View Post
Such a great ride on Saturday! I have a feeling we will be able to get a couple more weekend trips in before the snow falls. Fingers crossed!

And thx for the pic of my ride Lycan!

Next time we will swap for a bit.

We had an epic ride today after we left you in Pincher Creek. A couple of washouts, awesome scenery and great roads. I dropped the S10 in one of the streams but no damage. We tried to find the dakota crash site in Coleman but no luck again. Almost got in over our heads a couple more times but discretion eventually prevailed and we moved on going our separate ways early this afternoon. Definitely a good time all around and I too hope we get another chance soon. Credit to Lycan1 for putting it all together.
ExpatADV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 08:02 PM   #3622
Cal
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 757
Looks like I missed the good parts of the ride on Sunday!! After riding the deeper gravel sections on Saturday at 100km/hr I realize a 21inch front may be better than a 19inchor maybe it was just age that slowed me down?
Thanks for the great route!
Cal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 08:05 PM   #3623
where2next?
Map guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatadv View Post
we had an epic ride today after we left you in pincher creek. A couple of washouts, awesome scenery and great roads. I dropped the s10 in one of the streams but no damage. We tried to find the dakota crash site in coleman but no luck again. Almost got in over our heads a couple more times but discretion eventually prevailed and we moved on going our separate ways early this afternoon. Definitely a good time all around and i too hope we get another chance soon. Credit to lycan1 for putting it all together.
+1
Old 09-16-2013, 12:32 AM   #3624
Kevin2Wheels
08 530 exc-r

Oddometer: 20
trip south this weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycan1 View Post
Southern leg is done, and we had a good run. The morning crew that showed up to see us off, or Ride part or all the way included; Red Cat, Cal, Beema Killa, Canadian_Bacon, ExpatADV, Where2next?,Durden, and me.

Here are a few from the trip. Dutch Creek road is a little more fun now with a few more challenges.

Calgary06 and I saw you 5 at the north end of the dutch creek road. We had just returned from coleman and Fernie. Came south on Friday. Went over deadmans pass, and stayed in fernie for the night. Saw some ruins and a few washouts on the way back to Coleman in the morning via logging roads. Tried to get to the DC3 crash site but there is one bloody steep hill that proved too much for our big bikes. Headed home via dutch creek and saw your group at the 5km mark of the road off 940. Did you try the 532? We did the Gap road. Great Weather for a weekend ride. I'll have to find a way to post some pics.
Kevin2Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 05:51 AM   #3625
RED CAT
Bumpy Backroader

Oddometer: 2,781
Thanks Lycan 1.

Was good meeting a bunch of you Adventure Riders. Looks like you had too much fun again. Someone mentioned doing the Gap 532? How in the heck did you get past that 3rd washout going west?
RED CAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 08:46 AM   #3626
Durden
Freak!

Oddometer: 477
Guys, awesome ride Saturday, I'm jealous I missed out on the trek back Sunday. Great to meet and reconnect with many of you - perfect weather and a great route marked out by Lycan. Few of the pics I had, camera exposure seems a bit off:

Few Brave guys took the water crossing:

Durden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 10:24 AM   #3627
morerpmfred
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by RED CAT View Post
Was good meeting a bunch of you Adventure Riders. Looks like you had too much fun again. Someone mentioned doing the Gap 532? How in the heck did you get past that 3rd washout going west?

On the map right above the 532 marker is where the creek crosses is the pass by the pond. Going down the hill east bound just before the guard rail you can drop down on to the johnson creek trail. There are a couple if really short steep sections. Not big bike friendly. Comes in a couple spots beside 532. I have not done this in a couple years but it is a bypass. Do not know if any one has done it either, may be washed out as well. Good luck.
morerpmfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 11:29 AM   #3628
wylie348
Adventurer

Oddometer: 42
Limestone

Canadian Bacon and Hockey God - looks like green light (for me anyways) to do Limestone on 23 Sept (one week Monday from today)! figure if we leave around 8 or 9 am we have the day to mess around up there as there appear to be some neat trails in the area. Let me know if you are in. One of my friends and his KLR plan to join us. Where do you want to meet as we are coming from the Bearberry (Sundre) direction. We could meet at the Bearberry saloon to start?
Let me know if you guys can squeeze this ride in! Any other takers welcome.
wylie348 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 11:38 AM   #3629
Shibby!
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,648
Looks like it was a good time.

My XRR hasn't been seeing much use this year. Need to do an oil change on it before riding it next.

Did get out camping and dirt biking Sunday. Amazing day of riding wicked singletrack. Three blisters on one hand to prove it! (not THAT hand)
Dirt Donkeys Do Baja: http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=671095

Shibby! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 08:56 PM   #3630
Canadian_Bacon
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 180
Normally I'd be there in a heart beat but I just started a new job (just last week) and probably shouldn't be taking off to go ride... even though I rrreeaalllyy want too. Lol! Unfortunately I'm limited to weekend rides for the time being.

But thx for the invite though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wylie348 View Post
Canadian Bacon and Hockey God - looks like green light (for me anyways) to do Limestone on 23 Sept (one week Monday from today)! figure if we leave around 8 or 9 am we have the day to mess around up there as there appear to be some neat trails in the area. Let me know if you are in. One of my friends and his KLR plan to join us. Where do you want to meet as we are coming from the Bearberry (Sundre) direction. We could meet at the Bearberry saloon to start?
Let me know if you guys can squeeze this ride in! Any other takers welcome.
Canadian_Bacon is offline   Reply With Quote