Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-23-2013, 07:50 PM   #3676
ExpatADV
Adventurer

Oddometer: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_Bacon View Post
I should be down. How km's do you think? That rear tire of mine should be able to make but would like to double check. :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by where2next? View Post
I hear that bull river is washed out. THE source for this information is the forest officers in the Area. They have the best knowledge about what's up out there. I've wanted to do this trip all year but I'll be off at work I think. It's only Monday though so things can easily change...

F
I'll check the Km's but it will depend on the route we eventually settle on. There's lots of great riding either side of the Columbia river so worst case scenario is we double back along the west side to invermere and paradise mine on the way back. Lots of options to discuss.
ExpatADV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 08:13 PM   #3677
ExpatADV
Adventurer

Oddometer: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_Bacon View Post
I should be down. How km's do you think? That rear tire of mine should be able to make but would like to double check. :)
Estimate 1000k's 60%gravel/40%slab
ExpatADV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 08:16 PM   #3678
Canadian_Bacon
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpatADV View Post
Estimate 1000k's 60%gravel/40%slab
Crap... don't think the rear tire is up for that. Going to have to try and get and new one AND a service on the 690. I'm a maybe at this point...
Canadian_Bacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 09:29 PM   #3679
Shibby!
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by flossandfly View Post
You should have caught up and came with us (XSOCAL and me). Went to part way to Margaret lake mainly screwing around on all the side trails. Was lots of fun not really expecting to get to the lake, just hooliganing around. Found some fun bumps to try to launch over, then go back and do it again. Was probably the most fun I had this year.

It was a beautiful day!

I was driving my 4runner with two wonder woman (white) KTM's on the trailer. I was going to blare the horn but didn't. You guys were at the Transalta Kiosk looking the other way.

We rode the 80km Dirty Moose race loop. One of the best rides of the year! Fall is always good for best rides.
Dirt Donkeys Do Baja: http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=671095

Shibby! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 09:02 AM   #3680
flossandfly
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 296
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shibby! View Post
It was a beautiful day!

I was driving my 4runner with two wonder woman (white) KTM's on the trailer. I was going to blare the horn but didn't. You guys were at the Transalta Kiosk looking the other way.

We rode the 80km Dirty Moose race loop. One of the best rides of the year! Fall is always good for best rides.
I think everyo ne who owns a bike was on that road on sunday. Was busy and dusty on the main road.
flossandfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 03:09 PM   #3681
wylie348
Adventurer

Oddometer: 42
Bear Berry yesterday

Beautiful day! Found some old roads that turned out to be impassable, but lots of fun finding it out. Here is a pic from one such blocked road:

I will post a link to a youtube video of some fun washouts and cows....

wylie348 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 08:27 PM   #3682
XSoCal
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 189
Quote:
You should have caught up and came with us (XSOCAL and me). Went to part way to Margaret lake mainly screwing around on all the side trails. Was lots of fun not really expecting to get to the lake, just hooliganing around. Found some fun bumps to try to launch over, then go back and do it again. Was probably the most fun I had this year.
Best ride for sure; I'm working on the video from it, will post soon. Trying to keep up with the XR was a great challenge, best riding I've done on the 950 so far. I think I've finally figured out the right way to ride this thing - you have to just nut up and ride it like it's a (huge) dirt bike, just faster. The bike was probably finally being ridden as it was designed to be, and it not only performed great, it was a blast! And yeah the fall does seem to be the time for best rides, hopefully there will be a few more this year.
XSoCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 08:58 PM   #3683
flossandfly
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycan1 View Post
The road I was on had no traffic and no dust.
wink wink, good way to avoid traffic. Can sometimes be expensive I hear.
Old 09-26-2013, 03:06 PM   #3684
flossandfly
Gnarly Adventurer

anybody want to trail ride this weekend with a xr650l

Not looking for gnarly single track, but maybe get muddy and bounce over some rocks and (smaller) logs. Waiprous or , maclean.

I am not familiar with where to find the easier trails but am willing to explore and turn around if things get too difficult.

Either day may work for me.
Old 09-26-2013, 03:14 PM   #3685
Hockeygod
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 739
Quote:
Not looking for gnarly single track, but maybe get muddy and bounce over some rocks and (smaller) logs. Waiprous or , maclean.

I am not familiar with where to find the easier trails but am willing to explore and turn around if things get too difficult.

Either day may work for me.
Might go Saturday, likely to McLean. Must replace rear brakes before I can go. Riding a KDX 200, with a rookie dirt biker friend on a KX 250, and perhaps another friend on a WR250X. Relaxed to medium pace, learning the trails. Not planning on doing anything too crazy as the KX rear tire is balding! If this sounds interesting, let me know and I will keep you posted via PM Friday 8 pm.

Dean
Various mountain and road bikes

No his mind is not for rent
To any god or government
Always hopeful, yet discontent
He knows changes aren't permanent
But change is...
Hockeygod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 05:06 PM   #3686
Lav1200
Pig Pen

Oddometer: 1,213
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeygod View Post
Might go Saturday, likely to McLean. Must replace rear brakes before I can go. Riding a KDX 200, with a rookie dirt biker friend on a KX 250, and perhaps another friend on a WR250X. Relaxed to medium pace, learning the trails. Not planning on doing anything too crazy as the KX rear tire is balding! If this sounds interesting, let me know and I will keep you posted via PM Friday 8 pm.

Dean
There are 2 of us meeting at the 5 km staging area at Mclean Saturday am at 9:30 (GasGas 250 and KTM 200). It will be a medium paced intermediate single track ride for a couple of hours.

Dean - sorry we didn't out for ride together while I still had my KDX. It was a great bike, but no regrets replacing it with my GG.

Andy
Lav1200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 05:36 PM   #3687
Hockeygod
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lav1200 View Post
There are 2 of us meeting at the 5 km staging area at Mclean Saturday am at 9:30 (GasGas 250 and KTM 200). It will be a medium paced intermediate single track ride for a couple of hours.

Dean - sorry we didn't out for ride together while I still had my KDX. It was a great bike, but no regrets replacing it with my GG.

Andy
Andy, do you still have the KDX? Would love to hear your thoughts about it. My friend with his KX should consider one!

Will keep you posted on Sat plans too... Would be good to hook up on the trail for once!

Dean

To any god or government
But change is...
Old 09-26-2013, 06:46 PM   #3688
flossandfly
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeygod View Post

Dean
Sounds fun. PM sent

"There are 2 of us meeting at the 5 km staging area at Mclean Saturday am at 9:30 (GasGas 250 and KTM 200). It will be a medium paced intermediate single track ride for a couple of hours. "

Thank you for the offer Andy, but Dean's description of "relaxed to medium pace" sounds like it will suit my skill (or lack of) and larger bike. The ride with a rookie rider, and one guy with a bald tire will hopefully keep the degree of difficulty where I can handle it.
Old 09-26-2013, 07:07 PM   #3689
Hockeygod
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Sounds fun. PM sent

"There are 2 of us meeting at the 5 km staging area at Mclean Saturday am at 9:30 (GasGas 250 and KTM 200). It will be a medium paced intermediate single track ride for a couple of hours. "

Thank you for the offer Andy, but Dean's description of "relaxed to medium pace" sounds like it will suit my skill (or lack of) and larger bike. The ride with a rookie rider, and one guy with a bald tire will hopefully keep the degree of difficulty where I can handle it.
It ain't an adventure, unless poor / unlikely mechanicals, heat stroke & not enough water, poor judgement and darkness with no lights factor into it. If any or all of the above occur in a 3+ hour ride, you earn your Gilligan's Island Survivor patch!! (it doesn't always happen, but sometimes... things happen!)

Andy, we might still get out there for 930 am at the 5 km mark. If so, I might do a loop with you guys, reload for F&F and others for round 2 - say 1-2pm ish start? I will PM both you lads Friday night to update...

Cheers,

To any god or government
But change is...
Old 09-26-2013, 08:36 PM   #3690
Beema Killa
Beema Killa

Oddometer: 721
Well, I thought I'd get out tomorrow am for a few hours, but true to form something else has come up. Dammit! Running out of time and patience.
Beema Killa is offline   Reply With Quote